PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PS4, XB1)

Guys, someone who have PES 2018 and who also have new PES 2019 - answer please - is PES 2019 in times better then PES 2018 in all aspects, especially i am interested in offline modes - league, master league with ai, cup with friend - both for one team vs ai.

Is it worth to buy PES 2018 now or PES 2019 is big step forward in terms of gameplay ?

P.S. Platform is PS4.

Wait for the price to drop. It's a $19.99 game at best. It looks a bit better that PES 2018 and feels better when you're on the ball, but other than that there's essentially no improvement over 2018.

That's a really, really big call for someone with no behind-the-scenes knowledge.

You're entitled to your opinion but what you're stating here (as fact) is absolutely wrong, believe me (or of course, don't). He may not be one of the programmers (and the patch may not be everything you want - hell, it might not achieve anything it sets out to achieve). But you're wrong. That's all I'll say.
Chris you seem like a genuine nice guy but your posting seems like someone who is awestruck that asim bothered to speak to him. Coming across very bias since your behind the scenes discussion with the "great one"

Chris you seem like a genuine nice guy but your posting seems like someone who is awestruck that asim bothered to speak to him. Coming across very bias since your behind the scenes discussion with the "great one"

Fefpes, You seem like a genuine nice Guy,but Your posting seems like someone who is a troll who has perhaps pushed their luck too far here with an unwarranted out of order comment.
Thoughts?

Wait for the price to drop. It's a $19.99 game at best. It looks a bit better that PES 2018 and feels better when you're on the ball, but other than that there's essentially no improvement over 2018.

um... please don't take notice of comments such as 'essentially no improvement over 2018'. I honestly dont know where these comments are coming from.. well i do.. but ill leave it at that. Despite the AI flaws currently in pes2019 (which will hopefully be fixed to some extent this Thursday via patch), Pes 2019 is quite a bit better than 18, and in many ways. For starters, it looks a lot better than pes2018. Looking back at 16, 17 and 18, id say 19 has had a huge improvement on how good the actual turf and lighting look. Makes 19 have the most realistic looking turf and lighting to date on any football game. And the variety of different turf and lighting this year is amazing. Looked back at 18 recently, and it pales in comparison. To summarise other improvement over pes 2018, now in pes2019 the ball physics have improved, the weight and actual pace of the game has improved. The AI aggressiveness has improved fixing 2018's big issue of 'limited fouls' and now its possible to actually get a penalty. Shooting has definitely improved, as there is definitely more variety. The look of the crowd has improved. Oh, and how did i forget the nets.. the net physics have been improved on, best nets on any football game to date (better than football kingdom!!????) Im sure there are more improvements over last year, but as you can see, there are a lot. Yes, 2019 no longer has various licensing, eg. UCL and UEL as well as the loss of divi 2 for the Italian and Spanish League, and new issues have arisen in pes 2019 (some AI stuff, manual headers being hit and miss etc) but overall, the improvements are the biggest made over a single year/version in recent times. Btw, the ai issues, or in fact the way in which Konami have approached these issues - actually leads to another improvement this year.. ie. Konami's communication!! It has improved - finally Konami are releasing patch notes specifically itemising the fixes they have focussed on making - directed at user feedback. This didn't happen last year.

If they do sort the AI out and I'm confident they will as someone as already improved it on PC then it will be a great game. Played a Celtic v Rangers game last night and it was immense. I won 2-0 (adv shooting) and the second goal had me jumping out of my chair. Forward back to goal outside of the area turns last defender to create space , three strides into area and full power low shot to far post and in off the post ..great goal

Fefpes, You seem like a genuine nice Guy,but Your posting seems like someone who is a troll who has perhaps pushed their luck too far here with an unwarranted out of order comment.
Thoughts?

My thoughts are you never seem to post unless threatening someone with a ban

I put my thoughts to Chris in a polite and untroll like manner actually as i respect his posts, just putting it out there that may be he is being optimistic due to the charm asim/konami may have put on for him personally.

I have already found the game sold at 35 € on base.com. A bit more discount and i will probably buy it if the patch will be good.

The AI aggressiveness has improved fixing 2018's big issue of 'limited fouls' and now its possible to actually get a penalty. Shooting has definitely improved, as there is definitely more variety.
Both of these could still be much better though.

the ai issues, or in fact the way in which Konami have approached these issues - actually leads to another improvement this year.. ie. Konami's communication!! It has improved - finally Konami are releasing patch notes specifically itemising the fixes they have focussed on making - directed at user feedback. This didn't happen last year.

Who knows if that's just because of the HUGE backlash on twitter or they really understood they need to detail their patches.

um... please don't take notice of comments such as 'essentially no improvement over 2018'. I honestly dont know where these comments are coming from.. well i do.. but ill leave it at that. Despite the AI flaws currently in pes2019 (which will hopefully be fixed to some extent this Thursday via patch), Pes 2019 is quite a bit better than 18, and in many ways. For starters, it looks a lot better than pes2018. Looking back at 16, 17 and 18, id say 19 has had a huge improvement on how good the actual turf and lighting look. Makes 19 have the most realistic looking turf and lighting to date on any football game. And the variety of different turf and lighting this year is amazing. Looked back at 18 recently, and it pales in comparison. To summarise other improvement over pes 2018, now in pes2019 the ball physics have improved, the weight and actual pace of the game has improved. The AI aggressiveness has improved fixing 2018's big issue of 'limited fouls' and now its possible to actually get a penalty. Shooting has definitely improved, as there is definitely more variety. The look of the crowd has improved. Oh, and how did i forget the nets.. the net physics have been improved on, best nets on any football game to date (better than football kingdom!!????) Im sure there are more improvements over last year, but as you can see, there are a lot. Yes, 2019 no longer has various licensing, eg. UCL and UEL as well as the loss of divi 2 for the Italian and Spanish League, and new issues have arisen in pes 2019 (some AI stuff, manual headers being hit and miss etc) but overall, the improvements are the biggest made over a single year/version in recent times. Btw, the ai issues, or in fact the way in which Konami have approached these issues - actually leads to another improvement this year.. ie. Konami's communication!! It has improved - finally Konami are releasing patch notes specifically itemising the fixes they have focussed on making - directed at user feedback. This didn't happen last year.
Sorry my response to his question hurt your feelings. All that and you really didn't list many improvements beyond what I stated in my opinion. Like I said in response to his question all aspects of the game not much has changed beyond the visual. and feel Wait for a price drop.

Last edited:
Sorry my response to his question hurt your feelings. All that and you really didn't list many improvements beyond what I stated in my opinion. Like I said in response to his question all aspects of the game not much has changed beyond the visual. and feel Wait for a price drop.
Likewise about your feelings ;) I just wanted to be a little more specific than what you wrote in your previous post - which im sure will further help those guys who feel 2019 and 2018 are not so different. As mentioned in my post, there is quite a big improvement. Thankyou ;)

Guys, someone who have PES 2018 and who also have new PES 2019 - answer please - is PES 2019 in times better then PES 2018 in all aspects, especially i am interested in offline modes - league, master league with ai, cup with friend - both for one team vs ai.

Is it worth to buy PES 2018 now or PES 2019 is big step forward in terms of gameplay ?

P.S. Platform is PS4.

wait for the patch. then see what folks say here. if good, try wait for Xmas discount.

if you can't wait, a cheap PES 2018 is good enough.

PES 2019 to 2018 is like 4K to HD. If you never seen 4K, you will still enjoy HD.

just do not buy a game that is sold in its current state. Konami has taken its player base for fools for many years [this year being the worst].

Imagine being Rangers fan and buying this game - in the higher priced Rangers box only to find that Ibrox stadium was not in the game.........DLC 2 is out next week and..........still no sign of Ibrox

Imagine being Rangers fan and buying this game - in the higher priced Rangers box only to find that Ibrox stadium was not in the game.........DLC 2 is out next week and..........still no sign of Ibrox
Scottish fans are getting angry and rightfully so. Konami made a big deal about old firm licenses and it could be 6 months after release they deliver the stadiums at this rate. Not right

My thoughts are you never seem to post unless threatening someone with a ban

I put my thoughts to Chris in a polite and untroll like manner actually as i respect his posts, just putting it out there that may be he is being optimistic due to the charm asim/konami may have put on for him personally.

It was not a threat.
Your two thirds of the way to earning that ban,one more point & its over & out.
Do not get personal or throw jibes at anyone again.
Especially Admin & Mods.

In case people haven't seen some of the face updates on twitter (coming via Thursdays dlc):
DpySOkiXgAAtjAD.jpg:large

Dp3b2bFX4AA3OCW.jpg:large

Dp8lXGfWwAIEmF8.jpg:large

DqBu6aAXQAAAN0O.jpg:large

DqG4mhKX4AAGhvb.jpg:large

… some more improvements over pes 2018

He'll be updated with the patch as well, Keita isn't a 'new' face so to speak - Konami will just use the face from PES 2018 for him - so they don't need to show it off as new face.

So, he had a correct face in 2018 but because they moved him between teams in a live update the face didn't follow? Game development confuses me

It was not a threat.
Your two thirds of the way to earning that ban,one more point & its over & out.
Do not get personal or throw jibes at anyone again.
Especially Admin & Mods.
Especially? bit of elitism there?

And i deny i threw out any jibes in the first place, but dont worry i wont do whatever i did again, like i said originally i like chris and wasnt intended to cause offence

happy to move on

So, he had a correct face in 2018 but because they moved him between teams in a live update the face didn't follow? Game development confuses me
So it's a really weird one but I sort of understand how it happened.

Keita was still at RB Leipzig at the time of their last data-lock, hence wasn't in the game when it launched. He's only in there as a live update player (that is, added by live update as opposed to a patch), hence his face isn't there to be used. It's a bit lazy on Konami's behalf but it's understandable as to how it happened.

hey can we stop talking about celtic and rangers
we still didn't get some scanned faces from arsenal/inter/milan which should be delivered from last year:P

Especially? bit of elitism there?

And i deny i threw out any jibes in the first place, but dont worry i wont do whatever i did again, like i said originally i like chris and wasnt intended to cause offence

happy to move on

Been around here a long time, never once been called elitist.Which rounds off the fact You cannot control Your trolling attitude.So I will help You with that.

Been disappointed with Keita but I wont write him off just yet. Looks like its taken him longer to settle than I thought.
Same with Fabino - but we showed patience with Oxlade-Chamberlain and it paid off.

Keita was very good for the first few matches, when the team was positively on fire. Right now, apart from the defense, the whole team is kind of chugging along. Wouldn't drag him out specifically. He will be fine.

Back on topic, I am trying to visual the scenario of the upcoming patch not working as advertised. Low cross AI continuing, etc. The following meltdown would be something to behold, at least.

Been disappointed with Keita but I wont write him off just yet. Looks like its taken him longer to settle than I thought.
Same with Fabino - but we showed patience with Oxlade-Chamberlain and it paid off.
Off topic but Klopp doesn’t seem to know how to get the balance between attack and defence right. It’s either blow teams away and look like conceding every time opponent attacks, or get defence right and scrape 1-0 wins but struggle to score easily like last season.

It’s what separates him from being a great manager in my opinion. He’s a good head coach but will never be a Guardiola/Ferguson/Mourinho type because he isn’t pragmatic enough.

Anyway back on topic, is everyone starting their ML again on Thursday or sticking with current saves?

Keita was very good for the first few matches, when the team was positively on fire. Right now, apart from the defense, the whole team is kind of chugging along. Wouldn't drag him out specifically. He will be fine.

Back on topic, I am trying to visual the scenario of the upcoming patch not working as advertised. Low cross AI continuing, etc. The following meltdown would be something to behold, at least.

I can't wait for 5+ strung together backheels every single CPU attack instead of wingplay+low cross.

We'll have to wait and see what the patch brings I guess. I'm hoping it'll fix *most* of the issues I have with the game right now.

No. This is online divisions. Someone also mentioned adaptive AI. Nope.

Playing against random people online and you just know when the computer cripples your team. From point blank, your striker would take the dumbest and weakest shot in the box directly at the keeper or take some unrealistic looking shot that hits the post.

Counter attack, 2 v 2 towards goal, my dumb striker would run towards me when I have the ball or not even run! Even when I tell him to run.

There was one instance where all my striker had to do was tap the ball in but he took 6000 years and the keeper had time to make the save. So frustrating.
or they shoot the ball over at open goal.
i was one of the people that were waiting and give it the benefit of doubt, but there is scripting.

someone in this thread said that it seems like the scores are already settled before starting. it kinda looks that way.

Back
Top Bottom