PES 2019 Discussion Thread (PC)

hey guys, I was still getting the 56ish to 57ish fps max recording bug via shadowplay… happened on OBS studio aswell…
considering I have a gtx 1080 card, it shouldn't be happening, but again, its a bug which has and is currently affecting many nvidia users....

.. so I downloaded free version of Bandicam.. holy crap.. amazing.. so easy to use.. and can play pes2019demo (no fps drops while recording... that's the most important thing) + I can actually get a 1080p perfect 60fps video made.. can use the nvidia HEVC codec (which I honestly had no idea about), which apparently kicks ass efficiency-wise (yes.. great tech terminology by me). Can use H264 as well.. but whats amazing is the quality. No stutter, totally 60fps video... just how it ought to be. Im blown away !!!! and the options.. wow!!! Can record at 120 or even 144 fps if your machine can do that. Looks like this program was really made for gamers - how did I not know about this.

@Chuny is it possible to play Pes 2019 with more than max. 60 fps/60hz ?
Ive got an 144hz gsync monitor like you but the last pes ive played on pc was 2017 and with more than locked 60fps and 60hz (gsync on) the game was unplayable stuttering ...

Nah, not real 144hz.
I mean, the game will still be capped at 60fps even though any FPS counter tool will tell you it's in between 135 and 144, but you can feel it though, the game just isn't able to provide 144 fps. Neither could PES 2018.

Experiencing the same here.. one day it's choppy and stuttery, another day it's smooth as buttet. No settings changed. Don't know if it's something running in the background. Not experiencing it with other games.

are you using win 7? my pc running win 10 fares better than win 7 so i wonder if its something related to operating system

just tried low render settings and 30fps on w7 and still stutter. fan-bloody-waste-of-time-tastic.

Last edited:
are you using win 7? my pc running win 10 fares better than win 7 so i wonder if its something related to operating system

just tried low render settings and 30fps on w7 and still stutter. fan-bloody-waste-of-time-tastic.

Don't worry mate. Full version should be optimized a lot better (if Demo was optimized at all).

Hey folks. Sorry to ask but I am struggling to get any smooth gameplay set for this demo. My laptop is equipped with the Radeon Vega 8 graphics card by AMD and wanted to know from AmD users as to what would be the best settings to use to help reduce these stutters. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you

Don't worry mate. Full version should be optimized a lot better (if Demo was optimized at all).

For many PC gamers the stutter issues have existed in PES for past few years. I'll be surprised if PES 2019 will be any diiffernt on launch day. It's unacceptable that some of us who's system is way above the recommended specs should have to resort to disabling CPU cores just to get it to run smoothly.

For many PC gamers the stutter issues have existed in PES for past few years. I'll be surprised if PES 2019 will be any diiffernt on launch day. It's unacceptable that some of us who's system is way above the recommended specs should have to resort to disabling CPU cores just to get it to run smoothly.
This and the strategy of most companies to mistreat pc versions when they have multiplatform games in favor of console games,were the reason I succumbed to buy a console after 17 years I was a strictly pc gamer and big criticism-er of consoles.Now I paid once,and I am safe to play my main focus on console having the pc only for secondary use and emulators or retro games basically.
I could never imagine before that I would be forced to play inaconsole some day.And the main reason for this jump was the pc servicing from KONAMi and Bandai-Namco who have an attitude that whoever has a pc owes them his life or a payback favor.Ok the rest companies are not better but these two made me change decisions.

I'm on windows 10. The stutters come and go, I don't know the exact cause. PES 2018 runs smooth on my PC so like people here say, it will probably be better on the full game (not that it matters now, cause I'm not buying the game after all the second division BS by konami).

I also remember getting stutters on PES 2017 when it first came out, but after some patches by konami it was fixed.

The game is good, it might not be for everybody, but it is really enjoyable for people who got bored from the boring A.I. in PES2018. Hopefully the new licensed leagues will hold up... even though we lost leagues...

Hey all,
This is my first pes game that i will be buying since PES 2006!! and I'm loving the demo but the 1 problem i have is playing against the computer and online my game lags its just stuttery and jolts but then i switch over to another game and it runs smooth
My pc is i7 8700k and gtx 1070
On a 165hz 1440p Monitor
So my question is when the full game comes out will all that be fixed? will i be able to just load the game and play without having to play about in the nvidia control panel? I'm so excited for this game but the stuttering is just so annoying almost unplayable

are you playing monitor or tv. If its tv make sure gamemode is on. If its a monitor even with high refresh rates you need vsync on for PES (or I do anyways) Can play most games on a 1440 120hrz without vsync. But with PES and fifa I get stutters. And on playing PES on PC its an enigma. Can play it fine for a while, leave it a day or two, load it up with exact settings no changes on the PC and its fu king stuttery

are you playing monitor or tv. If its tv make sure gamemode is on. If its a monitor even with high refresh rates you need vsync on for PES (or I do anyways) Can play most games on a 1440 120hrz without vsync. But with PES and fifa I get stutters. And on playing PES on PC its an enigma. Can play it fine for a while, leave it a day or two, load it up with exact settings no changes on the PC and its fu king stuttery

I always had a solution at old versions (PES), before they remove the "wait for vsync" from settings.

I think if someone could disable the vsync from "inside" pes and let the VGA control panel administrator it. Maybe it is the ultimate fix.

Nah, not real 144hz.
I mean, the game will still be capped at 60fps even though any FPS counter tool will tell you it's in between 135 and 144, but you can feel it though, the game just isn't able to provide 144 fps. Neither could PES 2018.

PES2018 and 2019 demo run uncapped frames, since they overhauled the Fox engine.
Frame counters like msi Afterburner do not lie.
There's definitely a huge difference between playing 60fps and like 120fps capped in both, as well as gpu load.

PS: Look at the top corner parameters, my 1080ti is 61% usage (3rd value, after power and temp) at 1440p 143.6 fps during gameplay. At 60fps capped card is almost at 20% usage and much lower clock.

Last edited:
Hey folks. Sorry to ask but I am struggling to get any smooth gameplay set for this demo. My laptop is equipped with the Radeon Vega 8 graphics card by AMD and wanted to know from AmD users as to what would be the best settings to use to help reduce these stutters. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you

You need to run the game windowed on AMD unfortunately else it's poor fps and stuttery, then use something like "borderless gaming" to make it fullscreen windowed.

ive that problem too with 60hz Monitor, since i set it manuelly to 59Hz the game runs smooth as hell !

not a single shutter, maybe give it a try and it will help.

Also this shadow bug wont go ive copied what someone posted on page 7 too
Hey, mine went away few days ago - I was changing my screen resolution (i always play windowed) and noticed that at certain resolutions there is a bug and then on others there is no bug.

Atm (1440:900) 8:5 = no shadow bugs.

Interesting ... had no idea up to now what Steam branches exactly do, but here's a brief description from steamdb:

"
Branches
An application can have multiple branches. Other than the "public" branch, there can be other branches. Other branches are often used for storing an older version of the game for people to downgrade to, or for testing new patches/content. These can often be found in the "Betas" tab in the app's properties in the Steam client. Some branches might require a password, and they won't be visible in the drop-down list until the correct password is entered."

Hovering tooltip for denuvo branch says "This branch requires password" ... according to description, it should not be available via steam client yet, right? Maybe some sort of preparation for the full version?

Edit: Google-translated Japanese text does not reveal much either
https://translate.google.com/#ja/en/Denuvo用ブランチ 確認用ブランチ チェック用ブランチ

PES2018 and 2019 demo run uncapped frames, since they overhauled the Fox engine.
Frame counters like msi Afterburner do not lie.
There's definitely a huge difference between playing 60fps and like 120fps capped in both, as well as gpu load.

PS: Look at the top corner parameters, my 1080ti is 61% usage (3rd value, after power and temp) at 1440p 143.6 fps during gameplay. At 60fps capped card is almost at 20% usage and much lower clock.

Nah man.
Whatever MSI Afterburner is showing, it's wrong.
The game caps the FPS at 60 or at 30.
In fact the OFFICIAL Website says it: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/page/spec and if you open Settings.exe it's right there too, you can select whether to cap it 60 or at 30 yourself.

According to @nesa24 yes. I think he said something like the game needs a lot of CPU resources precisely because Denuvo is a resource hog.

Last edited:
You need to run the game windowed on AMD unfortunately else it's poor fps and stuttery, then use something like "borderless gaming" to make it fullscreen windowed.

Thanks Placebo. Yes I tried that and I would definitely have to run the game at low resolution and low FPS. Thanks

It is so satisfying and addictive to play manual vs manual online

You should try L2 manual (constantly pressed with a rubberband, or with something heavy pressing a key on your keyboard). That's pure manual.
Anyway, add me in steam. I play manual exclusively.
Steam ID: Flokiman

Back
Top Bottom