PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a gameplay camera.. Vertical I think.
Even on normal wide cameras, the player models is the same quality as the close-up vertical cam I posted.
The Anti-alias has been improved, the players look a lot smoother even on normal wide cameras.

I believe that even if you put the grass textures from TV and place it in PES. It will still look fake.
The grass on real matches on TV only looks real, because we know it's real.
real.jpg

I think they've done a good job with replicating the grass on TV.
If you take a screenshot of PES2019, and make the image smaller, it will look real.
If you video record your game, it will look real when watched on phone.
If you watch 30 feet from your TV, it will look real.
I think it's because we see lesser details and there's a certain blurriness(i don't the word to use), similar to what you see on real matches on TV.

Don´t know about Anti-Aliasing on PC (you have countless of options there), on the PS4 it is rough/edgy in comparison to PES2018 to me - the pitch as well as the players.

Of course you are right and PES2019 looks great in videos or from bigger distance. But normal playing in front of a full HD screen is exhausting to me because of this immense level of detail far from the picture you get when looking at a real life match. Colour palette itself is great.

I wonder if it was designed for PS4 4K and just being downscaled on Full HD...

Hmmm around 10 to 15 games perhaps,not more.
I'm not a sprinting whore either and I also can't remember him being fouled.
I hope that it's more frequent in ML when u set tired players for every single match.

View attachment 5575

Here by the way @Chris Davies :
20 mins on professional.
AI was Palmeiras and that should look a bit better than the last image with zero shots.
I tried top player before but there AI has those tiki taka ping pong passing quite often.
Professional is the way to go for me.
yep! professional, fm, i found challenging enough for myself, entertaining by the CPU and not to much tiki taka (far from it)!
cant wait to get home and play again.

every day i play a different team now the whole evening. last night i was getting used to Palmeiras... played a lot against Inter and AC. it was so much fun to find ways to beat or draw the powerful opponents! :D
not sprinting and rushing the ball carrier is soooo much fun (when you know what you do on the pitch tatical wise)! i feel i play so wise... i feel i have to use the pros of the weaker team to beat the goliath! this is now, lets see how long it lasts this year!

Don´t know about Anti-Aliasing on PC (you have countless of options there), on the PS4 it is rough/edgy in comparison to PES2018 to me - the pitch as well as the players.

Of course you are right and PES2019 looks great in videos or from bigger distance. But normal playing in front of a full HD screen is exhausting to me because of this immense level of detail far from the picture you get when looking at a real life match. Colour palette itself is great.

I wonder if it was designed for PS4 4K and just being downscaled on Full HD...
Yes, It doesn't translate well when you're in front of the display, too much details. It's grainy and looks like moss sometimes. I guess, I just accepted the fact that it's really hard to replicate grass to keep my sanity.:)

Yes, It doesn't translate well when you're in front of the display, too much details. It's grainy and looks like moss sometimes. I guess, I just accepted the fact that it's really hard to replicate grass to keep my sanity.:)

Just judging the structure, PES2018 did a well job. The grain was very well dosed and the pitch looked homogenous. Now it´s more like a pixelated mess.

4 in a row, a 92nd min winner? am i allowed to use this thread juts to brag? :BOP::BOP:absolutely loving defending online in this demo

Just judging the structure, PES2018 did a well job. The grain was very well dosed and the pitch looked homogenous. Now it´s more like a pixelated mess.
Can't wait to see what this game will look like with my own grass texture mod.
Unfortunately, I can't convert the turf texture files in the demo, to an editable DDS like I did in PES18.

Had a few games last night on PA0 (online, just can't enjoy playing the AI) and I just couldn't get simple passes to hit their target. The difference between my Sunday night games and Monday night games was huge, Sunday I was getting 80% pass accuracy, Monday it was 60%. Didn't enjoy it at all.

It's just so frustrating that PA1 isn't PA0 with maybe 20% assistance, if we call the current level 100%. I'm not a fan of manual, even though it's clear that's how you get the best out of this game.

Had a few games last night on PA0 (online, just can't enjoy playing the AI) and I just couldn't get simple passes to hit their target. The difference between my Sunday night games and Monday night games was huge, Sunday I was getting 80% pass accuracy, Monday it was 60%. Didn't enjoy it at all.

It's just so frustrating that PA1 isn't PA0 with maybe 20% assistance, if we call the current level 100%. I'm not a fan of manual, even though it's clear that's how you get the best out of this game.
Whenever you say "PA0 with a little bit of assistance", It brings back my PES2015 PA1 memories.:))

Sounds stupid, but try sellotaping your manual modifier button to get visual feedback by the on-screen arrow. Then give yourself 2 months and feel the groove...

I'm not an typical online player but the 5min games are too short to get into. I must say this is the 1st online where I feel like I can outplay/ out-tactic the opposition who constantly spam pressing or speedy players. I've contained Messi/ Salah etc and I'm finding defending enjoyable. Defensive MF actually have a place now, Henderson is particularly good at closing down/ intercepting in the midfield.

I'm finding passing more in relation to angles/ zip but it's still to accurate most of the time.

Sounds stupid, but try sellotaping your manual modifier button to get visual feedback by the on-screen arrow. Then give yourself 2 months and feel the groove...
Haha. I tried the sellotaping with arrows, when I transitioned from PA1 to PA0, back in 2016.

I was relying a lot on that indicator last night...

There was a guy I placed last night who was using it for shots (the gauge was green for maybe 10% of them, i.e. assisted, and yellow for the rest) - and he was hitting absolute screamers all over the place, not one of which my keeper managed to hold onto.

(I do it against the AI all the time...)

I don´t know whether to get this on PS4 too, even I´d love to play some online matches on full manual.

The mods you have on PC, specially the cam mod from the edit section on here that extends zoom, height and angle...wow!
I found a cam setting with a decent angle and more zoomed out perspective...it looks and feels absolutely brilliant!

With this, the game finally starts to grow on me and I can´t wait playing it again.
Sure, I liked the demo from the beginning, but I wasn´t THAT excited yet.

It´s a pity that the cam settings are so limited on vanilla.....can´t be so hard just to provide settings, modders are able to unlock.

I might have a lot of fun with this, playing it this way if only KONAMI doesn´t fuck up body weight and pace and everything.

I don´t know whether to get this on PS4 too, even I´d love to play some online matches on full manual.

The mods you have on PC, specially the cam mod from the edit section on here that extends zoom, height and angle...wow!
I found a cam setting with a decent angle and more zoomed out perspective...it looks and feels absolutely brilliant!

With this, the game finally starts to grow on me and I can´t wait playing it again.

It´s a pity that the cam settings are so limited on vanilla.....can´t be so hard just to provide settings, modders are able to unlock.

I might have a lot of fun with this, playing it this way if only KONAMI doesn´t fuck up body weight and pace and everything.

But even on vanilla the standard wide with max zoom out, height and angle seems to be a tad more far away from they pitch than the previous years.

I was relying a lot on that indicator last night...

There was a guy I placed last night who was using it for shots (the gauge was green for maybe 10% of them, i.e. assisted, and yellow for the rest) - and he was hitting absolute screamers all over the place, not one of which my keeper managed to hold onto.

(I do it against the AI all the time...)

Playing online with manual controls is nasty due to the game speed alone. It requires at least -1 to me to get a realistic flow to make and execute your decisions.

I’ve had my players pull up like 5 times now. Always the Ox when I use Liverpool and I think it was Suso when I used Milan.

It seems many people here are blind folded, it s not that i don t like the game and they do, it s the fact that they are still accepting the assisted shot and passing on pa1, and the game is just pass pass pass and you re on goal, it s just rush to outscore your opponent, controlling the play and possession is not important, because of the easiness of getting the ball to each other s penalty box, from then on, basic shooting will do the job...it s this way of accepting things that is really jarring

I think that once people have payed for pes 2019 the game play/ai niggles will become bigger, glaring issues. I hope that the most obvious things get fixed asap as the potential for a great footie game is there.

I already saw this the first day, if you remember i also wrote it here. It was Valdivia, who has 1 in Injury Resistance that was injured, then when i replayed many times the match against Colo Colo he was injured another 2-3 times. It probably happens much more frequently to players having low injury resistance.

Hopefully in Master League/MyClub players accumulate fatigue over many matches. eg. If they play 3-4 in a row and they're on 70% stamina, it'll be a major risk selecting them in the starting 11 in case they get an injury.

I still haven't seen any injuries caused by collisions yet. Judging by some of the AI & online tackles I've seen some of them should've been sent to the morgue, nevermind the hospital :R1

i was testing the pitch side cam last night. 0/2/8 was the setting. was setting it up new every new match. tried 2/2/8 and so on... compared it with dynamic wide...
in the end i was playing with a little closer dynamic wide, like always. not fully satisfied yet. will have a look again later...

you guys, especially the full manual users, have you disabled auto feint in the personal settings!? i do so for years. anything changed reg. that!?
guess i'll have a look at it again after all this time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom