PES 2019 Demo Impressions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 5586

So it seems like the Italian league will not be fully licensed yet, maybe the negotiation is still going on between both companies. And honestly I don’t know why the Italians will want to settle for an exclusive deal when they can get more money by having both companies pay for it. :THINK:
You realise that's a FIFA screenshot right?

You realise that's a FIFA screenshot right?

Yeah from the FIFA 19 beta. There are reports saying it will be fully licensed in fifa 19 yet here it suggests otherwise. So it might not be exclusive after all. It might indicate that both Konami and EA are still negotiating.

I'm exactly the same, hence the username. Looking forward to trying this when I get home. My cousin who is a FIFA player since the PS2 days said after trying the demo: "my word, never thought I'd see the day, that is actually impressive". This was surprising to say the least. If people who hate all recent PES games are seeing something in it then that is a pretty good indicator they've got something right, I just have a bad feeling that it will be the 2018 beta all over again.
It's something to do with the way the game feels, the ball physics or something that reminds me of the PS2 games. The passing feels really good too like it used to back then. Also the animations are better this year. Players aren't as hunched over as they have been for the past 11 years, for example. Shooting and scoring a goal doesn't feel as good yet as the PS2 games though, in my opinion.

I honestly don't know why anyone would watch these but I've uploaded a couple of my fixed cursor games (as Fekir). Maybe it's useful to analyse the AI, or maybe just to critique my manual skills! Regarding the latter - Don't bother, I know I'm average! Anyway, I mentioned the other day I've been playing with as little clutter on the screen as I can manage and I really like the look of it. These are only on professional difficulty, on -2 speed (it looks really slow in these vids!) with PA off, manual shooting and advanced through-ball (I do an awful one in one of these videos). The second one has a nice dipping shot in the 9th, game time, minute and includes (most of) the highlights reel. There's some dodgy AI (defenders getting confused and a stuck to his line GK) and some nice moments too.

3-0 to me

1-0 to me

This demo is starting to drive me a little insane. With a full game I can play a few 12 minute games and feel done and do something else with the rest of my day but with these 5 minute games I get into it and then it's over, so I start again and again and again. Almost wish I didn't have so much time off... Almost!

After að fairly rough start with the demo and a long break, I had a few games this evening and feel like it is starting to click. The manual passing is definitely harder but I think I am getting the hang of it.
There is just a very nice feel to the gameplay, animations, speed and weight of players feel spot on.
Some half-brained feedback better not fuck this up! If I see anyone complaining about "input lag", I'll chin him!

After að fairly rough start with the demo and a long break, I had a few games this evening and feel like it is starting to click. The manual passing is definitely harder but I think I am getting the hang of it.
There is just a very nice feel to the gameplay, animations, speed and weight of players feel spot on.
Some half-brained feedback better not fuck this up! If I see anyone complaining about "input lag", I'll chin him!

Agreed. It plays so smooth, so fluid, and manual passing is so satisfying, I've gone back to PA1 for now which is a little too assisted ye but there's enough error so there's a good skill gap in matches and passes don't reach if off.

Wanted to try manual and advanced shooting, advanced just doesn't feel right, doesn't feel natural at all having to pull away from goal to aim low and ball rises too much even when tapping shoot, hit bar way too much. Manual shooting seems broken too as players often don't even jump for attacking headers let alone win them.

Stamina still not right, guy just pressured me with 2 guys the whole game without anyone tiring or slowing down, was crazy pressure. Would be ok but had lag too so impossible then.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is 180 actions too error-less? I see many successful and accurate 180 passes, made without turning the body or using the proper animations.

It's weird, coz for the directions in front of you (+/- 90 degrees forward), body animations seem to impact the quality of your actions (pass/shoot etc.).....

...But it's like, for all the angles behind you (90 to 180, and -90 to -180 degrees), all the realism of weight transfer seem to go out the window. Powerful passes, powerful shots, there's no impact on the ability to drive power into it, and no delay in making a self-rotating kick (swings leg + turn with self rotation at the same time). And it works every time. Seems like the forgot to program some realistic restrictions for those angles behind you.

so when playing a lot Colo Colo last night, against much better teams, it sticks out that they are less capable of doing fency stuff. against the likes of Milan and Inter, the lesser skill set, team pace and such, just show! i like that.
for example: when doing 180" quick turns and playing a low pass after that, a lot of times the ball goes somewhere... but not where i wanted it. getting the ball down from the air, same. i see and feel the inferiority.

Yeah from the FIFA 19 beta. There are reports saying it will be fully licensed in fifa 19 yet here it suggests otherwise. So it might not be exclusive after all. It might indicate that both Konami and EA are still negotiating.
The FIFA betas always use old databases, they never feature new licenses.

what are the best settings yet for the demo of pes 2019? I played pes 2018 a lot with this settings (and i only play with friends online 1 vs 1 most):

cursor change: semi-assist
pass suport level: off
throughball type: basic
shot type: manual
auto sliding: off

should i do it the same?

gonna try the demo next weekend.

what are the best settings yet for the demo of pes 2019? I played pes 2018 a lot with this settings (and i only play with friends online 1 vs 1 most):

cursor change: semi-assist
pass suport level: off
throughball type: basic
shot type: manual
auto sliding: off

should i do it the same?

gonna try the demo next weekend.
i do enjoy it that way. all full manual and on professional or top player difficulty.
5 min matches... ;)

so when playing a lot Colo Colo last night, against much better teams, it sticks out that they are less capable of doing fency stuff. against the likes of Milan and Inter, the lesser skill set, team pace and such, just show! i like that.
for example: when doing 180" quick turns and playing a low pass after that, a lot of times the ball goes somewhere... but not where i wanted it. getting the ball down from the air, same. i see and feel the inferiority.
I prefer Palmeiras, not too skilled, but not too weak to play against grands

I prefer Palmeiras, not too skilled, but not too weak to play against grands
For me it takes time to get to know the team. I’m not familiar with SA teams as i am with european teams.
So I have an extended look at the team, pros and cons, stats of the player, play style... and then I decide how to play this team. This eats up the whole evening(s)... :)
Did you saw my gp Video above?

Well best day on demo yet last night. 10 games 10 wins! Picked a variety of teams and by the end i was resting griezeman,mpabbe and dembele from my France team just to bring them on last 20 to terrorise poor opponents lol

I have made a tactic that is really working at the mo, its a normal formation so no exploit stuff as others have found

Seeing lots of natural deflections, i love it. Also yesterday scored a goal where pogba headed a clearence froma corner back into the box and dembele volleyed it in, would never see that on 18 as its as if the game has decided wether initial corner would lead to a goal or not

Slight negative i have noticed in last few mins if its a 1 goal game the team that is winning will start misplacing more passes or not getting bounce of ball, but it is subtle enough to not make me worry too much just yet

So bittersweet though, i am loving PES again and i know come august 31st it is OVER and promotion/relegation/black balls will lead to influenced match results online :(

These are only on professional difficulty, on -2 speed (it looks really slow in these vids!)

3-0 to me

1-0 to me

This game speed is absolutely perfect, -2 is the way to go. PES on regular speed has nothing to do with football to me.

In direct comparison to a real life footage even -2 seems to be fast:

Trying to play as calm as possible, scored a nice combo goal.

I feel the game is tough in the final third (looking for that key pass). Or maybe Colo Colo just don't have enough movement. Or maybe I don't know how to drive movement yet.

Here's some background work, feeling out the tempo and my opponent:

See that 180 pass @0:55? That was a shot feint with super cancel, but it didn't cancel. Instead did a 180 action. Looks stupid. They need to create animations and behaviors where the guy would just trip over the ball and the pass roll a yard away.

Just feels unfair and unrealistic. Give me my super cancel, or give me a reasonable error. Letting me shoot 120 degrees away from the direction I'm facing, I shouldn't be able to generate that kind of power. It'd be nice if there are animations for when we make a fool out of ourselves lol (rushing, or over playing etc.)

Last edited:
Finally won my first penalty last night! Was fouled by the goalkeeper! Happened when doing a low pass across the 6 yard box. Must have been my first penalty against the ai since PES 2017!

On a negative note, the lack of saves against the ai is annoying me even more now. They keep sticking their shots into the top corners. I also had an issue twice where the ai did a low pass into the box (like they do 95% of the time) and twice my keep just spilled it, even though they were super slow passes. The second time was worse as he spilled it and then allowed another ai striker to stick it in the goal when my keeper could have just quickly grabbed it, even after spilling it. The reactions of the player goalkeepers seem terrible this year compared to 2018 and it's close (although not as bad) to being the poor keepers we saw in 2016. Against human players shooting, the keepers are fine, apart from them not leaving the 6 yard box against 1-on-1s of course!

Finally won my first penalty last night! Was fouled by the goalkeeper! Happened when doing a low pass across the 6 yard box. Must have been my first penalty against the ai since PES 2017!
I've played a lot of matches and haven't had a penalty yet. Not many fouls either, to be honest, although maybe more than in PES 2018. Not enough though. I imagine none of this will really change until a new engine is built circa 2020...

I've played a lot of matches and haven't had a penalty yet. Not many fouls either, to be honest, although maybe more than in PES 2018. Not enough though. I imagine none of this will really change until a new engine is built circa 2020...

I get fouled at least twice a game, compared to mostly zero in 2018! Baring in mind this is only a 5 minute game, i'll be happy with being fouled at least 4 or 5 times per match. I've been hacked down by frustrated ai when i've been winning, or by Barcelona when deperate to win the ball back. Not quite PES 5 levels of fouls, but very happy with how they're shaping up for 2019

Trying to play as calm as possible, scored a nice combo goal.

I feel the game is tough in the final third (looking for that key pass). Or maybe Colo Colo just don't have enough movement. Or maybe I don't know how to drive movement yet.

Here's some background work, feeling out the tempo and my opponent:

See that 180 pass @0:55? That was a shot feint with super cancel, but it didn't cancel. Instead did a 180 action. Looks stupid. They need to create animations and behaviors where the guy would just trip over the ball and the pass roll a yard away.

Just feels unfair and unrealistic. Give me my super cancel, or give me a reasonable error. Letting me shoot 120 degrees away from the direction I'm facing, I shouldn't be able to generate that kind of power. It'd be nice if there are animations for when we make a fool out of ourselves lol (rushing, or over playing etc.)
You still up to do a stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom