PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

faces faces faces that's all anyone seem to ask about when official pes twitter posts news and other things

don't get me wrong, the bells and whistles are good but let's address key components before telling your loyal customers have included 3,756 new faces...

address Master League, address shooting, more stadiums or stadium editor like pes 2013

These are huge aspects of pes that we all want fixed and addressed
man i agree with u aswell, everyone focuses on the least important things, where is the shooting variation???? where are goalkeeper slow motion fix? more stadiums??????i dont want the freakin faces, i don t give a chilli bean fart about faces...

man i agree with u aswell, everyone focuses on the least important things, where is the shooting variation???? where are goalkeeper slow motion fix? more stadiums??????i dont want the freakin faces, i don t give a chilli bean fart about faces...
Lol chilli bean fart made me laugh :LOL:

yeah you are right. regards to slow motion GK, do you mean when they do that weird slow dive when catching the ball??

but yes forget faces Konami..Ronaldo could resemble big bird from Sesame Street for all I care...fix the damn important things!!

Has a pes game ever had amazing shooting mechanics though? The best pes games were 3 and 5 for me, 6 was ok too. But the shooting was never as varied as it is on the modern day competitors title.

I think as pes die hards we sometimes re invent how good the old games were....they were amazing but my memory tells me that the shooting was always quite straight and a little predictable

I could be very wrong as I hadn't played pes 5 or old pes games for long time now
PES 2011 imo was the greatest.

Don't think I played much of it...was that the one with the horrible blue default ball or was that 2012??

PES 1-6 were all great in their own ways then I got fed up with series until pes 2013 which was very good

remember playing pes 2013 demo on Xbox 360 omg I was in love Portugal were my team in that demo

Release day rushed out and bought steel box edition

trip down memory lane sorry dudes!!

The shooting in that video, which you aren't impressed by - as far as I'm concerned, a lot of those goals can't be scored in 2017. The ones right into the top corner from an angle, I don't see those in 2017. Hitting them from outside the box when you're in the centre, sure - thunderbolts abound. But from the side of the box, the keeper will have those covered every time (in my experience).

In 2017 you know what shots have a chance, and what has no chance - so you end up (even subconsciously) shooting from the same places all the time. You know it's pointless doing something different, so why would you?

Absolutely bang on. BANG. ON.
I gave up with 2017 because I couldn't score from anywhere, even with fluked shots. In reality, you can score from anywhere, however rare and unlikely. In 2017, the keepers are just too efficient and can cover about 75% of the angles every single time. Fifa simply isn't like that.

All these posts on shooting and we're forgetting the most important part about the new PES game. Updated faces. And nets. But this is just about faces for now.
FIFA FANBOY MODE ON: Clearly Real Madrid, Colombia, Austria and Wales are all unlicensed. FIFA RULEZZZZ!!!1!!1!!11!

Nice faces though, really! :)

I dont quite agree with that, if you are talking in terms of shooting of course. For me it was the most played since pes 6, and that MLO and passing system was simply amazing but the shooting was a bit floaty in my opinion. Apart from that the Game was good, very noticieable individuality, and a very well implemented tatic system as long as i remember.

Konami problem is that they dont often stick to the good things of the past games, and just keep messing things that just need little improvement.

PES 5 and 6 had shots which were affected significantly by timing - especially volleys. You could use the training rewind function to try the same volley time and again, and get very different results even if charging the power up identically and pressing the same direction. I wish PES would bring this back, but I guess online makes them reluctant to do so?

I think PES 4 was the first to have proper dipping volleys, I remember seeing a video of Pires scoring one before it came out and everyone on PESfan was freaked out by how real it looked. But it was really rare and you'd be pretty pleased with yourself if you scored one. They're more common in football these days, but today's PES could still stand to rein them in.

Hope that the demo gives us some answers about shooting and variety in goals being scored.
It's unbelievable that we have to worry about those things in 2017.
Did anyone see Milners goal vs Hoffenheim tonight?
Once in a million goal,but I want to be able to at least give it a go,not cross it for a header to have a chance at scoring

Hope that the demo gives us some answers about shooting and variety in goals being scored.
Did anyone see Milners goal vs Hoffenheim tonight?
Once in a million goal,but I want to be able to at least give it a go,not cross it for a header to have a chance at scoring
its unbelievable yes, because konami and adam bahti are only concerned about faces, never the shooting or those annoying things still present in the game...........i was just looking up pes 2011 which i played till my heart content, how lovely the shooting variation is in that game, add to that the passing, great game.

Last edited:
Goal keeper just stands there for one of them.

Plus most shots are extremely straight.. not seeing any bend or swerve??

loved pes 5 but it looks and feels extremely dated now
but more fun than 2017

The weird thing is, the CPU did that in the old PES games, but because there was a greater variety of goals - and because attributes meant something, so that you couldn't score the same goal with a striker as a defender - it was satisfying.
more work went into the AI programming then. It's what's under the hood that counts.

I didn't feel shooting had changed in the beta, but Adam has said a few times on Twitter that shooting variety will be improved for retail.
yeah, improved by how much? That's one of those dodgy answers..

+1

Last edited:
but more fun than 2017
Wait, let's not mistake fun for something else here.
Virtua Striker 2 provided a lot of fun to me, yet it was one of the most arcadey titles ever. It was fun exactly because it was utterly arcadey and, at times, nonsense indeed. this doesn't mean that I still would play it over PES 2017.
We keep asking for a simulation, but keep in mind that simulations aren't always fun and easy... They're frustrating at times (think of playing Rfactor 2 or Assetto Corsa/Project Cars with all the driving aids off, such experience can become frustrating pretty easily).

more work went into the AI programming then.
I feel this is true. Back then, single player was the key mode... Now it's not anymore I believe.

Nice gameplay (from minute 9:00) PESwt - Peru

Sorry to bang the same drum but, imo, this looks so boring and almost a mirror image of PES 2017. I only managed to reach the 2-0 mark before switching off - pretty much all passes are perfect along the ground, the receiver traps the ball beautifully every single time, the crosses in still look way OP, and there was no wow factor.

PES2011 was perhaps one of the best editions. I really enjoyed it.
But ramgamers post is a perfect example how our memory plays games with us.
PES 2011 was a game with serious issues (player switching among them, the number of goals i conceded because of those flaws).

Why don't they just release the demo already!!??
The shooting still feels floaty and too powerful, the trajectory is fast, the unreasonable urgency of going forward is still there, not impressed at all with the pace or with the shooting

https://twitter.com/AsimTanvir/status/896971740886302722

Tanvir reminds me of when i worked with a company briefly & they had a tonne of fat sjw feminist type women working in the office who would come in at 9am, make a coffee (no doubt they had a coffee before they left for 'work' at 8:30am) then kick back for 30mins chatting & doing absolutely nothing like having 30mins & a coffee (no doubt they didnt deduct the 30mins they already taken from theyre break/lunch time) was part of the job & it was something they were entitled to while i was grafting.

I wanted to kick them all in the ass so bad. We are lucky he aint a developer working on the shooting because when you put the real work in thats when you see results

Put your feelings aside & get to work you useless bum dossers

Make PES great again

So instead of telling these women that you thought they should do their job you kept your anger to yourself so you (years?) later could use it as a dodgy (and misogynist) analogy on a PES- forum? Well played...

Last edited:
So instead of telling these women that you thought they should do their job you kept your anger to yourself so you (years?) later could use it as a dodgy (and misogynist) analogy on a PES- forum? Well played...
Also not every job is the same: I know people who don't have timetables.
They're given a task (reaching a goal like "have X amount of contracts signed" or "have feature Y coded and tested for software Z" for example) and they're free to use their time however they want as long as they meet the target at the end of the period (if they reach the goal before the deadline, they're free to try and exceed it or to just stay at the office doing nothing).

But hey, we're definitely off-topic.
From riding the hype train to being unable to stay on the rails: YES, WE CAN! :BOP:

i'am so excited for this game!
still play 2017 (lagless with my nephew online 1 vs 1) and still enjoy it and therefore can't wait for the better 18

Since I hardly can wait for the demo/full game I kept playing a lot of myclub on PES 2017.
Unfortunately there are no more online or offline challenges to get special agents and stuff, so I played myclub league games (more than I ever did) against assisted users (out of 30 matches I met ONE manual user and that was the best online match I ever had).
It´s amazing how some users can make this game look and feel ugly.
Lag cheaters, pause-button-smashers, you name it...
(Wanted to forfeit a laggy game, where all my inputs came a second later...couldn´t stand a chance, but my opponent didn´t seem to have any problems and beat me 0:9. Wanted to forfeit the game in half-time but pressed "on to second half" by mistake....ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!)
KONAMI should extend the user block list...100 is not enough.

Really hope KONAMI won´t patch that game in a negative way.
The way it felt in the beta playing manual against assisted was pretty good, plus the slower pace.
Can´t remember when I have been so impatient for a PES release the last time...but wait...I guess it was with PES 2014 when they introduced M.A.S.S., HEART and all that und showed the gameplay vid with the fluid animations.

Again, I´d love to have more full manual users in my friends list (got Lami and vxrpcl (or something like that) in my PSN), so feel free to add me ;)

PES2011 was perhaps one of the best editions. I really enjoyed it.
But ramgamers post is a perfect example how our memory plays games with us.
PES 2011 was a game with serious issues (player switching among them, the number of goals i conceded because of those flaws).
I meant the shooting on PES 2011.

The best pes I have played to date is PES 2017 IMO
Alot of the magic comes from lagless online or against human opponents offline. PES 6 and 5 are renowned because back then we had friends around and we could play tournaments and beer pissing comps . Now we are just fat old middle aged men who play against the com when time allows us to and that's never as good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom