PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

That doesn't change the fact that space in EDIT00000000 is limited and I think ML saves basically contain a copy of it.

You know Konami could change that in a heartbeat, right?. I mean, literally... in one day and make it pretty much unlimited?. Even available through DLC. It's just coding, no textures, no 3D, nothing. This is not what's holding them back.
I think Deco is right. But they could simple give us the option "Use Real Regenerated Players or Generic Youth Team Players?".

Konami falls short in the Options and Settings area. Since PES 2014.
I mean, they have even removed the Brightness, Color Tint options that we used to have until PES 2013.

konami need to create better myclub competitions if im to invest time in that mode cos the current system is dreadful, the pointing system is crap and playing 3 teams in a row to win a challenge gets boring very quickly, dont know why they cant create a section of mini leagues of 6-8 teams, play each team once, each league has a prerequisite to enter, would encourage spending as well to try get those players for each particular league, and rewards should be based on difficulty/position, something similar to fifas.

Couldn´t agree more.

But I have to stay if it stays the way it´s been in the beta, like playing full manual against assisted users isn´t that much of a disadvantage like it felt in PES 2017, I´ll be willing to play more myclub online matches.

I started to really get into myClub until I ran out of offline competitions and ventured into online. Manual had its moments but simply couldn't hack it. One mistake and somebody who barely got a sniff all game could instantly launch into a glorified QTE and end up heading a cross in. It'd take me so much work to do the same against the frantic press, having to play manual using twitch reactions more than anything else.

You know Konami could change that in a heartbeat, right?. I mean, literally... in one day and make it pretty much unlimited?. Even available through DLC. It's just coding, no textures, no 3D, nothing. This is not what's holding them back.
I think Deco is right. But they could simple give us the option "Use Real Regenerated Players or Generic Youth Team Players?".

Konami falls short in the Options and Settings area. Since PES 2014.
I mean, they have even removed the Brightness, Color Tint options that we used to have until PES 2013.
This.
Lots of the problems in the modes can be solved, with more customisation.
You want regens of the real older players, you want regens with fake namens but real stats, you don't want regens at all?

Let us the choice.

Same for the amount of transfers and dozens of other things.

Some of these things (transfer frequency for example) were in the game in the PS2 days...so it must be possible.

I know i keep on hammering on this, but it would make a huge difference in single player modes.

No, they can't revamp the whole thing in 1 day, that's the point.

It's probably down to how Konami loves to "hardcode" all the values instead of having a separate config file to set the limits. So they literally have to refactor the whole code just to change one value(so that it matches with other parts of the code) which makes them rewrite a lot of things. It's a bit strange to see a company like Konami making rookie mistake like this though but it seems like it's the case here. Also the reason why PES never had sliders either.

There should be some kind of union for video games that sets regulations to defend the user's right to editing his games as well as act as a quality control for broken games that go months unpatched!

You can't have FIFA remove handballs or give us a player career mode without a world cup and not even bother to patch it. Their camera setting sliders don't work at all!

Konami have made so many mistakes in the past as well and removed so many great features on the editing and customization front. I wanna create my own team with custom logos,kits,stadiums and maybe design a league as well. The technology is there and we've waited long enough to be honest.

There should be some kind of union for video games that sets regulations to defend the user's right to editing his games as well as act as a quality control for broken games that go months unpatched!

You can't have FIFA remove handballs or give us a player career mode without a world cup and not even bother to patch it. Their camera setting sliders don't work at all!

Konami have made so many mistakes in the past as well and removed so many great features on the editing and customization front. I wanna create my own team with custom logos,kits,stadiums and maybe design a league as well. The technology is there and we've waited long enough to be honest.
it's funny how software gets away with defective or broken product. Customers get screwed because it's a mass money maker and governments back it. Money always wins. Ever sense internet came developers have used it as an excuse to release unfinished games. Even The Witcher 3 after all those updates is still unfinished and never will be finished. Like most games. "Take there money and run"

Last edited:
I wanna create my own team with custom logos,kits,stadiums and maybe design a league as well. The technology is there and we've waited long enough to be honest.

So much entitlement. So, you are saying that the technology is there and KONAMI MUST have the option to design a league, or create a stadium. And if they don't have you should have some sort of rights to claim a refund or something.

You are not talking about malfunctioning software here, you are talking about features that are not there. KONAMI isn't deceiving you saying you can create a stadium. Indeed they are extremely clear you can't, months before the game release, same with the league creator.

Even The Witcher 3 after all those updates is still unfinished and never will be finished. Like most games. "Take there money and run"

I played it and completed it twice (hundreds of hours both time) and just once i had The Witcher 3 crash. Calling it unfinished is nonsense. At release there were issues, but they were quickly fixed.

Last edited:
That doesn't change the fact that space in EDIT00000000 is limited and I think ML saves basically contain a copy of it.
PES 2018 is already gone if we talk about regens, we're not seeing any change.
But it wouldn't be that hard for them to change the PES 2019 ML save structure to accomodate the youth system should they need it... It could grow dynamically. Remember that each player is just 192 bytes, 1000 regens would mean 192 kilobytes for data and, say, 1 MB (but I'm sure it's less than that) for the appearance. If we have 100 players spawn each year, reaching 1000 regens will take 10 years. If we assume that the ML could go on for 50 years (just sayin') we should allocate just 6 MB for the regens data.

Of course this is just a way it could be done, there are tens of ways to achieve this thing.

Also, player names and surnames could be taken from here: https://surnames.behindthename.com/ so it's not even that huge wok to store all of them in a series of tables (as I aid in the other post, one for every nation, or every language).

As long as there are only 3 save slots for tactics, there will be no "restructure" of the games database, I guess. And just this one point speaks volumes! ...for ages!

I'm off, playing some soccer myself against a rival club. Have a nice Sunday everyone.

We have that use classic players YES/NO Use extra leagues YES/NO options, having a "use regens" YES/NO retired players reppear YES/NO when setting up ML together with whats been said earlier cannot possibly be that much coding.

We really have to push this thing for PES 2019, like we pushed them to eventually make PC version equal, this can be done as well for next years game.

Talking about software development with people that have absolutely no clue about software development is utterly hopeless.

Not long to go now till we get the demo - should be a fairly good few weeks! Looking at some of the editors for PS4 and it seems that they've been working on some 'release day' option files that they'll be able to provide immediately, assuming that they'll have had or will have hands on the game / edit mode after Gamescom so can work it out.

Is anyone buying digitally on PS4? Or ordering the disc? I've found in the last year leaning more and more towards going completely digital with my games. Could be sheer laziness of not having to change the disc though.

does anyone know if it's confirmed that we will have team pairing for online

Example if i choose Napoli I will be paired against similar level club like in FIFA?

This is important to me. I am sick of playing against Barcelona and Real Madrid such boring games.

Well, not really in a heartbeat. It can't be done halfway through a game's lifecycle as it would most likely render all the previous ML saves useless.

Yet, they could fix it for PES 2019 as I said: if EA can do that, it means that it CAN be done. Period.

Would it mean that they have to change the data structure? Surely (but I also showed how it's possible without having to dump everything they've done till now and restart from scratch).
Would it lose compatibility with "previous" ML saves? Most likely (but if it were introduced at PES 2019 release, it wouldn't be a problem).
Would it be that hard to do? Not at all, for them (it's an easy task to do if they just wish to do it).

Last edited:
Talking about software development with people that have absolutely no clue about software development is utterly hopeless.
I think the general point here isn't (or shouldn't be) "omfg Konami add infinite players right naoo" - it's that there has been so little evolution off the pitch for such a long time.

There is nothing stopping PES having everything that other football games have in their career modes, for example - because if those other games can do it, it is humanly possible to code it, and therefore, so can Konami.

Would they have to change a great deal to move forward? Obviously. So, surely they should start changing things - rather than not. Rather than us (I include myself) constantly saying "it's not their fault the game is this way". It 100% is.

Could they implement it all tomorrow? No, and it doesn't help to be unrealistic. But if you look at other games in terms of their career modes over the last ten years, PES is where the other games were ten years ago.

There are only so many times you can say "the gameplay's all that matters", and I think ten years probably covers it.

If they're waiting to get gameplay perfect before they look at anything else (beyond faces), then another ten years are going to go by before the ML gets players who want to move, for example.

Is it being entitled to want this stuff? No - nobody is demanding it. They will always make the game how they want to make it. That will never change. This is just feedback - and it will only help them in the long run to appeal to a wider base of players, if they do more between releases than gameplay and faces.

TL:dr;
...if EA can do that, it means that it CAN be done.

loving the ML discussion, hopefully it's just not us veteran fuddy duddies that care about this stuff but everyone here seems to be on the same page at least, hopefully that's a cause for changes in the future

I think the general point here isn't (or shouldn't be) "omfg Konami add infinite players right naoo" - it's that there has been so little evolution off the pitch for such a long time.
Exactly.
It's not a matter of "just do it by yesterday" but a matter of "start planning and testing the change now, so it's ready (and not broken) for PES 2019".

Regarding amounts of leagues and teams and players configurations (and the editing of), the year long argumentation have always been (and I guess remains) - if SWOS could do it back in 1993 or whenever it was, why can't PES do it now? Sure, it wouldn't be done in a day, but putting some effort into improving this part of the game would give the game some much needed flexibility and depth. Konami must surely be aware of the extensive editing community that exists for PES out in the world - why not cater for them up to a certain point instead of just ignoring the fact?

But I'm beating a dead horse here, it won't happen. We've wanted this since the SWOS days.

just a question for all you guys out there that know about this stuff.
is it worth getting a PS4 PRO if you already got a PS4?
I have a 4K tv.

Does anyone remember a video i think its from PES 2011 , where it was explained how the stats influenced shooting , i was a video in a blue pitch, that was divided into two, and they were explaining the different trajectories of shooting based on stats. I cannot managed to find that.

I cannot fin the video but when looking, i manage to find this one of FIFA. Despite FIFA not being for me i think this video from FIFA 2014 describes everything that is missing from PES in the shooting department. I´m not saying that FIFA 14 had perfect shooting, far from that, but it had variation in the things i mentioned. This allied to what we have would be good.

The swerve, the dip, even the shooting animations add´s to the feeling. If PES could have this types of shooting based on player stats, momentum, balance etc it would do wonders for PES 2018, as for me its one of the few things that is clearly lacking this year.

I will still be looking for the tech video that explained how shooting trajectories/strength was influences by stats.

Last edited:
No need to look at Fifa 14, every recent Fifa has better shooting variety than Pes unfortunately.

The most frustrating thing is old WE on Ps2 had more shooting variety and trajectories than a 2017 game.

There is some goals in that pes 5 vídeo that defy laws of physics, and it seems that Konami since that time is unnable to make a decent finness shooting animation and direction. There is a goal on that vídeo that have the uggliest animation i have ever seen, a shoot with the outside of the right foot bending to the left...

It was 2004. Of course there were ugly animations. My point is not that, it's more about the way ball trajectory has more swerve and it's not just a stright line to goal.

Oh yes, you are correct. I Just wanted to point that 11 years after they not only didn't managed to fix the R2 shooting animation, and did turn the shooting into a lifeless BASIC one.

Lets hope the demo brings a little variation added to it só there is at least some satisfaction in scoring.

Back
Top Bottom