PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Long weekend after release normally does me so far as time off to the play game goes.

I have to work on that Tuesday till 5 anyway. The download in standby mode should be ready when I get home. Wednesday is my regular day off. So the rest of the week is safe
so how do you set download in standby mode to download something when your not home? Shit man the PS4 is advancing quicker than i can see.

any idea on the teams in the game? For example we lost Bayern Munich last year all together, Juve and Real lost their licenses.... will they both still be in the game? Any idea if Bayern makes a comeback? It was lovely playing them online every other game. :-)

I hope they make online team selection after the players' connection, I'm sick of playing Palermo against Real Madrid or PSG all the time.

I've been complaining about this for years now.... I don't know who was the smart person who decided to do it this way. Playing club vs international is so dumb.

Football gaming market is growing bigger, in early 2000s PES used to get the best figures and only sell 4 or 5m worldwide, now we hear that FIFA sold 15m. Most of the people who are still playing PES today are those who grew up with it, meanwhile new players tend to choose FIFA because of FUT and licences..
PES never had a lot of licenced teams anyway, it used to sell more because the graphics were better and it was miles ahead in terms of gameplay, that should be the main focus for KONAMI, I'd rather play a good game of football with chilean sides than play a crappy game with La Liga teams..
This...post of the millenium.

The demo has been announced to be held on August 30th as mentioned in the PES 2018 World Tour in Mexico. PC is not included as it will be available near launch according to Adam Bhatti on Twitter.

Let's ask the right questions, why do people care about licenses? In case of FIFA, I think they do because it means better faces, more licensed stadiums and also names/logos are correct. Although, on PES it's very easy to fix all of those things, except the stadiums. I mean all players names are correct, so no problem there, kits, names, logos, etc. No problem, option file.

Seriously I think if Konami wants to compete with FIFA licenses, then stadium creator and kit creator is the answer. They also need to have something like WWE 2K, people can download players in the game itself, whatever they want, fan created legends, or random wrestlers. They even have a face scan. I know it takes resources but it's not costly, it's just a matter of time and trust. It also depends on marketing in my opinion. PES shop was a cool idea back then, why not bring it back, and advance on it. They used to think better and innovate and didn't complain about resources. Most of the things I mentioned used to exist in PES anyways. They once were so passionate. It seems like they don't trust themselves anymore. Freedom of editing should be their main goal like it used to be.

The most popular game in the market today is Minecraft, and guess what? Everything is a tool in the game, and you can create or craft your own world, using your imagination and that is appealing to people. That kind of freedom is what people want. That's why it's so popular, they didn't talk graphics and shit. PES to me used to be like that. PES used to have so many tools and it was so much fun, to do things yourself even with basic tools and for football fans that's like heaven, and it made the game so popular. It wasn't just gameplay. Now you can't even customize the camera angles in the game, it's locked. Shocking, I know.

I hear things from Adam Bhatti on twitter saying we get data and see which is the most played or used tool/modes in PES to decide what to put. That kind of excuse will never make the franchise successful. Why don't they just blame it on themselves. Maybe a lot of people don't use them because of the lack of awareness and innovation they give/put to them. Some feel like it's a hidden feature. Like let's talk recently, option file. They don't even explain how it's done, they never have in any of their modes. I had to search online and ask so many questions to understand and make it work. Not even one guide. It's like you either be a hardcore fan or else you will never know what these are for.

Sometimes I want to really punch every one of them and make them understand how the real world works or even looks. It's like they are still living on what they have achieved in the past, and never crossed over ever again. A funny example, let's joke a bit about the same outdated looking menus that looks exactly like every 90s menu with maybe little better pixels. It takes off even further than that but that's all I have to say about that. I guess Konami is a sad place filled with old stuff.

You should avoid base if you live outside the UK. I'd rather pay full price than deal with their poor costumer service.
Last time I pre-ordered a game from them (uncharted 4) I got it one month after it's release and had to call them multiple times since they wouldn't reply to e-mails..
I pick up my version from work the night before release. I'm cool! :)

Last edited:
Let's ask the right questions, why do people care about licenses? In case of FIFA, I think they do because it means better faces, more licensed stadiums and also names/logos are correct. Although, on PES it's very easy to fix all of those things, except the stadiums. I mean all players names are correct, so no problem there, kits, names, logos, etc. No problem, option file.

Seriously I think if Konami wants to compete with FIFA licenses, then stadium creator and kit creator is the answer. They also need to have something like WWE 2K, people can download players in the game itself, whatever they want, fan created legends, or random wrestlers. They even have a face scan. I know it takes resources but it's not costly, it's just a matter of time and trust. It also depends on marketing in my opinion. PES shop was a cool idea back then, why not bring it back, and advance on it. They used to think better and innovate and didn't complain about resources. Most of the things I mentioned used to exist in PES anyways. They once were so passionate. It seems like they don't trust themselves anymore. Freedom of editing should be their main goal like it used to be.

The most popular game in the market today is Minecraft, and guess what? Everything is a tool in the game, and you can create or craft your own world, using your imagination and that is appealing to people. That kind of freedom is what people want. That's why it's so popular, they didn't talk graphics and shit. PES to me used to be like that. PES used to have so many tools and it was so much fun, to do things yourself even with basic tools and for football fans that's like heaven, and it made the game so popular. It wasn't just gameplay. Now you can't even customize the camera angles in the game, it's locked. Shocking, I know.

I hear things from Adam Bhatti on twitter saying we get data and see which is the most played or used tool/modes in PES to decide what to put. That kind of excuse will never make the franchise successful. Why don't they just blame it on themselves. Maybe a lot of people don't use them because of the lack of awareness and innovation they give/put to them. Some feel like it's a hidden feature. Like let's talk recently, option file. They don't even explain how it's done, they never have in any of their modes. I had to search online and ask so many questions to understand and make it work. Not even one guide. It's like you either be a hardcore fan or else you will never know what these are for.

Sometimes I want to really punch every one of them and make them understand how the real world works or even looks. It's like they are still living on what they have achieved in the past, and never crossed over ever again. A funny example, let's joke a bit about the same outdated looking menus that looks exactly like every 90s menu with maybe little better pixels. It takes off even further than that but that's all I have to say about that. I guess Konami is a sad place filled with old stuff.
the only thing i can see to be negative bringing in a stadium creator is the motivation level of Konami getting partnerships. Plus the locker room, and crowd cutscenes won't be there.

menus (part of presentation making game look fresh) are going to hurt sales not help, it's amateur work. they actually claimed it was something, but reality is just real player photos and color change. wonder how long they will go with these outdated game menus. Fifa sells games just from keeping there game looking fresh presentation wise.

Last edited:
can't wait for the demo

Pes is about single player for
me, don't care about multiplayer playing against people who are too afraid to use a team that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona

I wish it was a lesser known team the face of pes 2018 like beneficial or maybe Spurs, or even a revival for sleeping giant like Aston villa

Messi and Ronaldo fanboys aarregghh I hate modern football

Sorry rant over :LOL:

the only thing i can see to be negative bringing in a stadium creator is the motivation level of Konami getting partnerships. Plus the locker room, and crowd cutscenes won't be there.

menus (part of presentation making game look fresh) are going to hurt sales not help, it's amateur work. they actually claimed it was something, but reality is just real player photos and color change. wonder how long they will go with these outdated game menus. Fifa sells games just from keeping there game looking fresh presentation wise.
I started up my old PS3 and Pes 13.
What a joy to have that freedom to create a stadium,and have stadiums for all teams in my Serie A-B master league.
If they can't give us the teams/badges/stadiums, we'll create them ourselves,that was how it was before,nowadays you can import teams/badges,like you could before,only difference is stadiums,which in my mind is a step back.
I shouldn't be forced to play it on Pc to be able to have a decent ML experience?
This game will be the make or break point for me.

If Pes 18 lacks those features,and have a "ordinary" gameplay,nothing spectacular,then it's disrespectful to us consumers.
Most of their planning/creating is based around creating a solid gameplay.
If they can't do that?
Well then were in trouble.
Don't want the other game to be "better" but in all other aspects,except gameplay they are.
Is an ok game, gameplay wise enough?
Not to me,not anymore,it's 2017.
So I'm hoping this game kicks ass
It kinda needs to

I

Don't get me wrong,I still love playing Pes 17.
But I need more than last year's edition,in all areas.

Even if ML has been a step up since -16
Fingers crossed
100% agree with you, that's how I feel. Good post.

But unfortunately I really don't believe the budget is there to be able to improve all areas, so I find myself trying to be understanding about it (which is weird really, I can't imagine buying something else and thinking "well it's not their fault they don't have the money to make this product better, so I'm fine with it").

The ML this year has chairman expectations and that's about it, I believe - I think I heard talk of a new transfer system but it's very minor steps forward. It ain't MyClub so it ain't going to be #1 on the improvements list.

The new master league will add buyout clauses, pre-season friendlies, more cut scenes and board expectations. A bit disappointing especially when it comes to the Youth Academy, Training and the 32 max players limit per squad. I think PES Master League is still miles behind FIFA Career Mode in terms of longevity.

100% agree with you, that's how I feel. Good post.

But unfortunately I really don't believe the budget is there to be able to improve all areas, so I find myself trying to be understanding about it (which is weird really, I can't imagine buying something else and thinking "well it's not their fault they don't have the money to make this product better, so I'm fine with it").

The ML this year has chairman expectations and that's about it, I believe - I think I heard talk of a new transfer system but it's very minor steps forward. It ain't MyClub so it ain't going to be #1 on the improvements list.
Yeah,I know Chris,budget isn't really there for them,but then use other routes,create more of an identity that stands out,it used to before
I think gameplay wise it's taken a good direction,but when it comes to what you say about "understanding" or "defending "a product that doesn't quite make it all the way,it's weird,I do exactly the same,I really want it to be good and satisfying.
Sounding like an old junkie chasing that first high really.
I'm really hoping that gameplay can deliver this year,it's not enough,but it's the main thing,even though we deserve some bling with it as well.
To be honest,every time I chose the other game I feel a bit dirty,not because it's bad,it has elements that are far better than Pes,but I don't want to....I want/need this game to be kicking ass.
Same feeling when supporting a shit team vs all the other fanboys supporting Barca/united/Juve because they win,not because they're your local team
In your heart you know that you're right,and keeping it real
Thanx Chris,and you to,well written post as usual pal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom