PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

question:
i checked on the PES2017 demo release date and gamescom schedule last year. the 2016 gamescom was held from august 21th-24th 2016. the demo arrived august 24th in stores.
so when this years gamescom event is from august 22nd-26th 2017, am i right to assume that the demo is about to hit stores on august 31rd?!
i just want to make sure i have a few days of from work so i can play this baby! i need to request my vacation at least 2 weeks ahead.

seems logic to me.
Hopefully not later than that....it´s such a long painful wait anyway...

Dear Friend

"before ea broke the bank they can't get Bundesliga and the holy grail that is the EPL"

I answered some pages ago. Europe is too expenisive for them. It's fact. It doesn't matter why it's facts. I didn't say they should not bothers with any at all, its yours words. They invest in south america because they can but in Europe is too expensive for them. I mean that Europe market is the bigest and the strogest in particular in football area and if they really want compete here they should invest more money. They had big chance do get Bundesliga and lose it. Do you know why Ea want all these exclusive in europen leauge? why do you think? becasue they know that here is the bigest clubs, the best football leagues and the bigest market to sell their product. Why they don't make this exclusive in Chile? becasue they want invest more money in Europe because milion will buy their product. Only in England their sell 6 milion copies. In Germany 3 milion.Two European countries will give them aroun 9 milion copies. Pes will sell 2 milion in all of the world. What are you talk about. Its facts.
The answer can also be because it is a sure way of selling a product which otherwise wouldn't sell as well if they didn't.
maybe that is why KONAMI's slogan is "the pitch is ours".

everything around it seems to be EA's.
which you go for is your choice ofcourse.

there is no other reason why you would buy exclusive licenses if not just to sabotage your rivals efforts.
why not just buy the licenses and go head to head with the competition. that would make you have to make more effort from a gameplay stand of view to beat the opposition. something EA obviously knows it will not be able to do.
so they just invest in the exclusive licenses which guarantees the sales without making the real effort.
some can appreciate that, i personally can't. it just proves you are scared.

I see. Interesting. I wonder what element of copyright law changed between now and when they could do it back in the PS2 days
Money!
If you compare gaming and football then and now.
Football "clubs" nowadays is more like a huge corporation that happends to have football on their agenda,like United/city/Chelsea/Arsenal/liverpool

Everyone? How many people do you personally need to be buying it and enjoying it in Europe so as you can enjoy it?

I think what Majuh is trying to say is that, regardless of whether he enjoys the game or not, if people (in Europe) are not buying the game, Konami can't make enough profit out of it to take licenses from EA or holding on to current ones in the future (like Champions League, maybe?).

At least that's what I understood from this wacko chat.

Saying europe = money and talking about how Konami aren't able to compete isn't a critique of the game, the shooting or whatever though, is it?

If people are of the opinion the shooting is off, for example, it isn't because of a marketing and promotional budget.

That was UK only, I believe.

But again, fact or not, how does that directly impact on your enjoyment of the game? Does a 40:1 sales gap in one territory, however much money is in that territory, directly impact the quality of the shooting thus your enjoyment?

Should I start listening to Justin Beiber and Nikki Minaj because they compete for sales better than The Brian Jonestown Massacre?

Do you consider what is being produced by EA or Konami to have any artistic merit? Very simple question.

Of course not. Im not critique the game but policy Konami.

took this screener from a youtube video. it just looks off... waaaayyyy off!
2018netsqput2.jpg

dont want to start something here... just saying it needs improvement! i dont need super real net physics, but at least something that looks kinda real.
i think it's the fox engine, it seems everything's stiff looking.

Everyone? How many people do you personally need to be buying it and enjoying it in Europe so as you can enjoy it?
I don't give a fuck whether anyone else buys the game. I need KONAMI to produce a good game in order to be able to enjoy it. That was not the case in the last 2 years. And looking at the sales numbers, I'm obviously not the only one thinking that.

Football gaming market is growing bigger, in early 2000s PES used to get the best figures and only sell 4 or 5m worldwide, now we hear that FIFA sold 15m. Most of the people who are still playing PES today are those who grew up with it, meanwhile new players tend to choose FIFA because of FUT and licences..
PES never had a lot of licenced teams anyway, it used to sell more because the graphics were better and it was miles ahead in terms of gameplay, that should be the main focus for KONAMI, I'd rather play a good game of football with chilean sides than play a crappy game with La Liga teams..

I don't give a fuck whether anyone else buys the game. I need KONAMI to produce a good game in order to be able to enjoy it. That was not the case in the last 2 years. And looking at the sales numbers, I'm obviously not the only one thinking that.
better sales don't always mean a better product. marketing, licenses and lets not forget fanboism(loyalty to a brand) all need to be taken in account.
especially the last 2 years you are talking about. FIFA did not outsell PES cause it was the better product at least not from my perspective. as a package it is great when real football isn't the only thing you are looking for. everything is already there, the atmosphere, the kits, the presentation, the brands, the story-mode and the stadiums.
but once that whistle blows, you really feel that you are playing an unfulfilling promise cause it does not feel at all as what it looks and sounds like.
Sometimes its just pride that makes you stick with it.
just like the beautiful girl your parents and friends warned you about.;))

Last edited:

How is it obvious?

Back
Top Bottom