PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The new master league will add buyout clauses, pre-season friendlies, more cut scenes and board expectations. A bit disappointing especially when it comes to the Youth Academy, Training and the 32 max players limit per squad. I think PES Master League is still miles behind FIFA Career Mode in terms of longevity.
The only thing,I never play CM on that game always Player career,controlling the whole team,is I haven't got that personal touch with your players,you know when you don't wanna sell a player because you fell that he's alright.
Strange thing
But,yeah I hear you

Personaly i wouldnt want such a deep ML. But a one with:

- good player development
- injury system
- fatigue system
- form system
- training system

Would do it for me. A good youth development system would be a big bonus of course where you would have to invest in your academy and the more money you would the better players would pop up here and there and you could take on them and train them and call them up after a certain age BUT you wouldnt see their stats until then, only reports of their promising main skill(s). At least thats how hattrick did and it was so cool.

can't wait for the demo

Pes is about single player for
me, don't care about multiplayer playing against people who are too afraid to use a team that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona

I wish it was a lesser known team the face of pes 2018 like beneficial or maybe Spurs, or even a revival for sleeping giant like Aston villa

Messi and Ronaldo fanboys aarregghh I hate modern football

Sorry rant over :LOL:
Well.... Konami did sign up another partnership with a really amazing club so anything is possible.. hahahaha Fulham! So random!

100% agree with you, that's how I feel. Good post.

But unfortunately I really don't believe the budget is there to be able to improve all areas, so I find myself trying to be understanding about it (which is weird really, I can't imagine buying something else and thinking "well it's not their fault they don't have the money to make this product better, so I'm fine with it").
great post, and well said. It's not our problem or fault if Konami claims it doesn't have enough resources to complete with it's competition. Any other game i just don't buy.

Last edited:
i don't know about others here but i think it's time for Konami to focus on presentation for 2019-20. More life in atmosphere, better game menus, better substitution cut scenes, better commentary, and better player line up introductions...Shit looks outdated.

i don't know about others here but i think it's time for Konami to focus on presentation for 2019-20. More life in atmosphere, better game menus, better substitution cut scenes, better commentary, and better player line up introductions...Shit looks outdated.
good point so don't get me wrong when i say that even though i'd like these things also, i would much rather have a solid gameplay, feel a difference in every match i play, the difference in my team with every new player i buy,the tactics that actually work and the teams really play like the team they resemble cause two months after release the intro's won't impress me anymore and chances are i'll skip them every match but if they can nail what i just summed up i'd be happy till the next release.

I'd rather they spent less effort on securing licenses and more on making the Master League a much more in depth / enjoyable experience. I think most of us here have, at some stage or another, got super invested in Master League. PES3 was the first time I really started to play it and I took Juventus to almost 2018 (which from 2003 was a long time!) and back now on PES 2017 I've played it a ton.

But I limit myself to 5 seasons per ML on these newer games because it just feels weird playing with a 17 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic or haggard looking 16 year old John Terry.

Give us more options with youth players, better signings from other teams and offers for our players, managers being sacked after relegation or a bad run of form. The list goes on. I'll play it regardless but I'd love to see more thought put into the Master League.

Plus improving the presentation & menus of the whole game, let alone just the Master League would make a world of difference. Not sure if I'm the only person who couldn't see a selected option in the beta or whether it's because I'm as colourblind as a dog.

Yes,agree totally.with league tables on n the presentation,top scorer,individual presentation etc

I'd rather they spent less effort on securing licenses and more on making the Master League a much more in depth / enjoyable experience. I think most of us here have, at some stage or another, got super invested in Master League. PES3 was the first time I really started to play it and I took Juventus to almost 2018 (which from 2003 was a long time!) and back now on PES 2017 I've played it a ton.

But I limit myself to 5 seasons per ML on these newer games because it just feels weird playing with a 17 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovic or haggard looking 16 year old John Terry.

Give us more options with youth players, better signings from other teams and offers for our players, managers being sacked after relegation or a bad run of form. The list goes on. I'll play it regardless but I'd love to see more thought put into the Master League.

Plus improving the presentation & menus of the whole game, let alone just the Master League would make a world of difference. Not sure if I'm the only person who couldn't see a selected option in the beta or whether it's because I'm as colourblind as a dog.
Me being colourblind as a dog myself,remembering Pes 5 on a green pitch with snow,yellow ball,playing with boro (red kits) vs reserve kitted Liverpool in yellow......

If you guys believe the pes team is on a tight/low budget and can't spend, you can't be further from the truth. They were willing to match EA's budget for a certain expensive license but fell short.

Licenses these days are very important for the overall product, otherwise they wouldn't get all these licenses they went for.

As for me, they're a nice addition, but I don't buy pes for licenses. I'd rather they go back to put all their eggs in the gameplay and likeness basket like they did at their peak. With the technology we have now, editing shouldn't be an issue at all with online sharing tools at our disposal, like some other games do. The community can and will always take care of that part, especially the PC crowd. Embrace them, and give us a great editing tool on PC and online sharing and they'll do wonders.

i love it when Shez just likes any negative post about this game, so funny man, Shez you re the man bro xd

By this time next month, all the pre-talk will be over. We'll get to judge the real deal with our own selves.
Of course, there's supposed to be a demo before that, but the real deal will come on September 12th.

Hopefully now that EPL will kick the season off this weekend, and then Barcelona VS Madrid on Sunday, will make the wait a little sweeter.

31 days and counting...

konami need to create better myclub competitions if im to invest time in that mode cos the current system is dreadful, the pointing system is crap and playing 3 teams in a row to win a challenge gets boring very quickly, dont know why they cant create a section of mini leagues of 6-8 teams, play each team once, each league has a prerequisite to enter, would encourage spending as well to try get those players for each particular league, and rewards should be based on difficulty/position, something similar to fifas.

By this time next month, all the pre-talk will be over. We'll get to judge the real deal with our own selves.
Of course, there's supposed to be a demo before that, but the real deal will come on September 12th.

Hopefully now that EPL will kick the season off this weekend, and then Barcelona VS Madrid on Sunday, will make the wait a little sweeter.

31 days and counting...
here is the countdown... http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=A73ZHVE&k=uZei
just in case! ;)

lets look forward to the demo first! next week...!!! :D

I only play ML, not into my club or player career, too boring.

More cut scenes sound good, I like a wad of them, will do me fine.

Pity you cant build a stadium with money as you progress.

Loved the signing vide and stuff which are now missing.

Some media interaction would be good, some interviews at training, player presentations, before and after games, maybe impacting on board/player/fan rating.

A few more celebrations, I liked Neymars top off, they should allow that one for your player.

FD

Better audio is a huge thing. The noises in games just sound so fake. Like proper chants, proper crowd reactions with the right noise level and reaction time.

Audio is a huge part of the experience (very underrated it's importance imo) which is just awful in Pes. Play Fifa to compare it's lightyears ahead, playing a Fifa game actually sounds like real football, Pes just sounds like a video game poor imitation

Personaly i wouldnt want such a deep ML. But a one with:

- good player development
- injury system
- fatigue system
- form system
- training system

Would do it for me. A good youth development system would be a big bonus of course where you would have to invest in your academy and the more money you would the better players would pop up here and there and you could take on them and train them and call them up after a certain age BUT you wouldnt see their stats until then, only reports of their promising main skill(s). At least thats how hattrick did and it was so cool.
So easy and such a glaring issue for years now. Is there any particular reason they can't just fix these things?

I also want to add to your list

- player regens a bald headed skrtel at 15 years old is just wrong. Fgs get some hair on his head.

I am more of a myclub junky since PES 2017 TBH

Still feel ashamed to say it but there is something about trying to gain points and sign a super squad that has no right to be assembled :D

Have to say I have / will never spend my own money to buy GP like so many do.

Last edited:
So easy and such a glaring issue for years now. Is there any particular reason they can't just fix these things?

I also want to add to your list

- player regens a bald headed skrtel at 15 years old is just wrong. Fgs get some hair on his head.

I am more of a myclub junky since PES 2017 TBH

Still feel ashamed to say it but there is something about trying to gain points and sign a super squad that has no right to be assembled :D

Have to say I have / will never spend my own money to buy GP like so many do.

What bothers me about the regens is that the solution would be so god damn easy.
I mean, they could literally create some sort of text file for the game to "read" and mix between thousands of names with thousands of last names.
Let me explain this better...

Names.txt
John
Tomas
Raphael
Nicolas
Frederik
Etc x995

Last Names.txt
Smith
Garcia
Gonzalez
Muller
Jackson
Etc x995

The game could use any of the 1000 names and mix it with any of the 1000 surnames.
Then apply a generic appearance, position, ability, etc.
They could even take it further: Make certain type of names and surnames locked to specific regions, because there's no South American in history named Jin Zhang.

How much would this take to be implemented into PES? A few days? A WEEK?. It's not that hard and it would solve this ridiculous problem once and for all.

Right now, it's impossible to implement something like that because the database structure isn't designed to be able to hold an unlimited number of players.

It wouldn't work like that though.

It could work like NBA 2k, eg, at the end of season a fixed number of eg (400-500) players from a ML save retires and vanishes completely, only their stats are saved.
(Or alternatively move to coaches, and some older coaches retire to make it like the IRL cycle) New 400-500 15 year old regens are generated, they appear and are spread across all the teams.
Repeat every season.

It won't be an unlimited number of players.
Basically, when you start a new ML, the edit mode database for players would be taken as the starting point and then as seasons go retired players are replaced by regens, it wouldn't collide with default database, which would exist and remain the same different from any datase currently present in a ML save.

It's more than doable.

---

unrelated: Any new announcements from PES Mexico tour? What about some mexican stadium or club?

It doesn't need to be unlimited either.
Like you gon remember all the payers that have been 'created' season after season...

What bothers me about the regens is that the solution would be so god damn easy.
I mean, they could literally create some sort of text file for the game to "read" and mix between thousands of names with thousands of last names.
Let me explain this better...

Names.txt
John
Tomas
Raphael
Nicolas
Frederik
Etc x995

Last Names.txt
Smith
Garcia
Gonzalez
Muller
Jackson
Etc x995

The game could use any of the 1000 names and mix it with any of the 1000 surnames.
Then apply a generic appearance, position, ability, etc.
They could even take it further: Make certain type of names and surnames locked to specific regions, because there's no South American in history named Jin Zhang.

How much would this take to be implemented into PES? A few days? A WEEK?. It's not that hard and it would solve this ridiculous problem once and for all.
I wish they'd just collaborate with football manager and let them take care of their database and stats.

It's obvious that Konami want people to keep playing Ml throughout the year. .. .the logic behind the regens is that they want the older top players to remain in the game and the only way they can do that is with the regens. . .some people only play it to use their favourite players and if they retire after 4 or 5 seasons their interest dies down and will have to start another Ml which is probably frustrating for them. . ..personally I wouldn't have regen players in the game but some of the other guys suggestions here are quite good.

Right now, it's impossible to implement something like that because the database structure isn't designed to be able to hold an unlimited number of players.
Well actually the player ID is made of three bytes, am I right? One of them also serves as a "flag" for a fake player (it's 00 or 01 for real life players and 04 or 05 for fake ones). This means that currently the database could hold 262'144 real players (from 00 00 00 00 to FF FF 03 00) and as many fake players (from 00 00 04 00 to FF FF 07 00). I believe these are way more than enough for the "starting" DB.
If they decided to use unused values of the third byte to address "newgens" we could say that newgens having the third byte '08' are English (65K players), the ones having the third byte set as '09' are German (again, 65K players), the ones having '0A' are Spanish and so on and so on..

Every player is 192 bytes "long" in the current DB and of course name and shirt name are always at the same place and they take 46 bytes each (shirt name from byte 98 to byte 143 and player name from byte 144 to byte 189 if I recall correctly, the first byte being byte 0).
They could create tables like IT_IT (to be used for Italian players) with like 10000 surnames of Italian origin (and it would take up more or less 500 KB uncompressed), DE_DE for German ones and so on.
If a player spawns and his third byte in the ID is '09', his bytes 144 to 189 (and 98 to 143) should be filled with data taken from the DE_DE table.
If he's English, the table used would be EN_GB, if he's American it would be EN_US and so on.
Do this for 100 nations, it's worth 50 MB of data. Would it be really important in a game already taking up tens of gigabytes of space?

Great post!! Thank you!

9a9973f7de22416b80e7f90ebb177165007a33b296a832863726a69211d4f451.jpg

Well actually the player ID is made of three bytes, am I right? One of them also serves as a "flag" for a fake player (it's 00 or 01 for real life players and 04 or 05 for fake ones). This means that currently the database could hold 262'144 real players (from 00 00 00 00 to FF FF 03 00) and as many fake players (from 00 00 04 00 to FF FF 07 00). I believe these are way more than enough for the "starting" DB.
If they decided to use unused values of the third byte to address "newgens" we could say that newgens having the third byte '08' are English (65K players), the ones having the third byte set as '09' are German (again, 65K players), the ones having '0A' are Spanish and so on and so on..

Every player is 192 bytes "long" in the current DB and of course name and shirt name are always at the same place and they take 46 bytes each (shirt name from byte 98 to byte 143 and player name from byte 144 to byte 189 if I recall correctly, the first byte being byte 0).
They could create tables like IT_IT (to be used for Italian players) with like 10000 surnames of Italian origin (and it would take up more or less 500 KB uncompressed), DE_DE for German ones and so on.
If a player spawns and his third byte in the ID is '09', his bytes 144 to 189 (and 98 to 143) should be filled with data taken from the DE_DE table.
If he's English, the table used would be EN_GB, if he's American it would be EN_US and so on.
Do this for 100 nations, it's worth 50 MB of data. Would it be really important in a game already taking up tens of gigabytes of space?
That doesn't change the fact that space in EDIT00000000 is limited and I think ML saves basically contain a copy of it.

Back
Top Bottom