PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Ok @B-Man, one simple question, i let the rest for the others:

-Is there any new attribute(s)? Like it was the case with Balance/Physical Contact last year?
Check only attributes which are on 99 (not weak foot/condition/injury)
Optional: if there's a new attribute, could you share the attribute's name? (like for example "Crosses" or "Workrate")

If you're not familiar with attributes check here: http://www.pesmaster.com/maradona/pes-2017/player/2453/
There 18 outfields attributes
And 5 for Goalkeepers

I'm currently thinking about creating a way to create accurate players for PES 2018, not from now on but i will start in july, so it's important to me.
It's for creating others league/teams, and many option files or patch you can't found on PS4/PC add tons of faces, but neglect totally the attributes part...

Many thanks in advance

Guys, compiling a list of gameplay elements to talk about on the podcast like passing, shooting, crossing, animations etc. Send me your lists please as I don't want to forget anything.

Thanks! Looking forward to having Matt on as well!

• Does passing accuracy based on passing stat from the CPU?(So teams like Sunderland can't get 90% passing completion)
  • How were the positioning on harder difficulties(no midfield battle/too end-to-end)?
  • Is shooting still overpowered and rocket like or can you miss shots based on player stats?
  • Can slower player catch-up with faster player?
  • How responsive is to tackle players?
  • How responsive is dribbling?
  • Does long-passes accuracy based on stats? (So an average player can't hoof it on top with precise accuracy)
  • How satisfying is it to score goals?
  • Does CPU foul players often?

image.png

Rainy games look nice

Unfortunately the podcast bman and co will be talking about will be no good to me till they start talking about playing against the AI not just a few games, cos every year I hear the same, pes made progress and come November December they hardly play it cos of issues, December will be the podcast I would like to hear.

..as the excitement of pes2018 builds (Adam recently tweeting that "@Bryan_WENB yo B, played today's build, you're going to love the new shooting animations. Contextual animation based on where the ball is
1f60d.png
), and being intrigued by the change in PK system which I still have no idea about - only that It may be like ps2 days, I tried out pes11 on ps3 last night.. spending about an hour in training mode just doing PK's I have to say its easily the best, most simplistic, intuitive system out there - Very Seebass-like indeed. Its completely manual, where you press the shoot button to start your shot/run up, then you press up or down, to aim left or right (longer you press the wider the shot), and then you press either back or forward to increase height (back means weak floaty shot, while forward means blasting it with more risk) - this is all done during the run up. Shoot button and how long it is pressed has no bearing :) Its all determined by how long you press the d-pad (or analogue stick if you use that insead). More importantly (for me at least), it is played out in your chosen gaming camera view. Seebass was on a winner here.. cannot believe they got rid of this system, and it only lasted for 2011. I'm tweeting officialpes for my favour of the pes11 system.

see for yourself:

Now, considering on the one hand the fact that we finally have a wonderful base upon which to build, and on the other the fact that, not only there actually exists a channel of communication with the development team in the guise of the PR team, but also that, however “undiplomatic” at times, the latter has indeed proven to be receptive in certain instances (e.g. they fixed the big shorts, by no means a game-breaking issue, but certainly one that was voiced by the fans), I think a case can be made that the time is ripe to step up our “game” and adopt a new feedback strategy. If our aim is to attempt to positively influence the development of PES, perhaps we should try to find a way to better coordinate our efforts. In my opinion, if we really want to be heard, going forward the invaluable constructive criticism that as hitherto been advanced, separately and individually, by PES Russia, MATT10L, and others, should be condensed and organised into a single whole that is simple, clear, and easy to understand as the coherent articulation of a more-or-less shared ethos. In short: disparate contributors, unitary vision.

It sounds very good. We support this idea. Let's join forces. First, you need to create a separate topic ("Feedback Forum" or otherwise), and fix it in the list of topics. If the administrators evo-web.co.uk approve this idea.

Guys, compiling a list of gameplay elements to talk about on the podcast like passing, shooting, crossing, animations etc. Send me your lists please as I don't want to forget anything.

It's ok. We will have 13 short questions for you. Convincing request - if it's difficult, you can simply answer yes or no here, on this forum (maybe you talked about it in the podcast, but for us it's hard to understand/it is difficult to perceive information in another language by ear). Thank you for your understanding and feedback, Bryan.

1. Switching the cursor with the right stick is improved (faster and more adequate)?

2. Response when doing feints faster (than in PES 2017)?

3. Fouls after contact a little/not enough?

4. Does COM change the style of play depending on the score? And on the strength of the opposing team?

5. Does the COM-coach make tactical substitutions? Or is it the same for every match (scripted)?

6. The balance between attack and defense is available?

7. AI better (than in PES 2017) open for a pass?

8. AI-defenders better (than in PES 2017) control the opening of the opponents?

9. All the cameras in the game are fully customizable?

10. Shots and dribbling using R2 changed?

11. The control response (in particular feeling of contact with the ball during dribbling, shots, pass) is better than in PES 2017? This is very very well felt in FIFA 17.

12. AI stops moving/slow reflexes. Is there?

13. The most important thing – from the match to the match (and goals score) does not feel deja vu?

We find this list of questions extremely reasonable.

Last edited:

Has the catch-up bug been removed?
Any new gameplan elements?

For me a very important question about the goalkeepers: Do they rush out on their own or they stick on the line in 1 on 1 situations?

It sounds very good. We support this idea. Let's join forces. First, you need to create a separate topic ("Feedback Forum" or otherwise), and fix it in the list of topics. If the administrators evo-web.co.uk approve this idea.

Glad you like the idea! Ok, I will jot down a few lines and create a topic as you have suggested.

i send in one question to bman. i like to see a lot of users here and on twitter providing a lot of good questions!! the community is alive... ALIVE!!! :APPLAUD:

Pes community is so passionate about the game. I guess it comes from the sweet memories Pes gave us during its best years.

Pes community is so passionate about the game. I guess it comes from the sweet memories Pes gave us during its best years.
yeah, i guess thats a big part, if not the biggest!
i felt like this for NFS (need for speed) years ago... but the series let me down, so now im not a big fan anymore. PES on the other hand always kept me in the boat! :) its PES! Piii Eeee Ssss...!!!!

B-Man! Passing, passing, passing! ;)

1) I understand that u liked the 1 PA- passing during your play time. Do u feel that this has the right balance between good passers and less good (u only had good teams to play with so I guess that could be hard to answer...), and that stats + individuality comes into play?

2) Did u try to ping- pong it around like PA 1 in Pes 2017 and if u did, was there more errors? Did u talk with Adam (or anyone else) about PA 1 in 2017 being to assisted?

It's ok. We will have 13 short questions for you. Convincing request - if it's difficult, you can simply answer yes or no here, on this forum (maybe you talked about it in the podcast, but for us it's hard to understand/it is difficult to perceive information in another language by ear). Thank you for your understanding and feedback, Bryan.

1. Switching the cursor with the right stick is improved (faster and more adequate)?

2. Response when doing feints faster (than in PES 2017)?

3. Fouls after contact a little/not enough?

4. Does COM change the style of play depending on the score? And on the strength of the opposing team?

5. Does the COM-coach make tactical substitutions? Or is it the same for every match (scripted)?

6. The balance between attack and defense is available?

7. AI better (than in PES 2017) open for a pass?

8. AI-defenders better (than in PES 2017) control the opening of the opponents?

9. All the cameras in the game are fully customizable?

10. Shots and dribbling using R2 changed?

11. The control response (in particular feeling of contact with the ball during dribbling, shots, pass) is better than in PES 2017? This is very very well felt in FIFA 17.

12. AI stops moving/slow reflexes. Is there?

13. The most important thing – from the match to the match (and goals score) does not feel deja vu?

We find this list of questions extremely reasonable.

Good list, even though some work fine for me already and some I don´t understand.
1. Works good for me (PES2017/PS4)
2. Works good for me (PES2017/PS4)
3. In total I´m actually fine with the fouls. I have games where the ref interrupts very often and then I have games where he lets the game flow a lot more. I find this quite nice, as it makes me feel that not every match feels the same and different refs have different feelins about fouls.
Cool thing would be to have a name of the ref on the gameplan, so you know "Oh...have to be careful as he´s a quite strict one" or vice versa.
Fouling in the box is painful though. Too many ones that don´t get called.

4. Good point. Would love that as well, but not exaggerated. I remember having that in FIFA. Can´t recall which one it was, I think 15. The CPU was leading and then passed the ball in his half and shielded it by players.
It made me mad as you hardly had any chance getting the ball and if even offline games can get as frustrating as online games then I´m lost...lol.

5. Good point either.
6. What is meant by that in detail? Felt fine to me in PES 2017. Played against teams where I had a good run in my ML and won like 4:0 or something (and you need those games once in a while), but then also had a losing streak and lost many in a row as it was hard to get through the defense.

7 + 8, yeah something you could mention. I know, some of you guys like Matt pay a lot of attention on how the defense line stands in a match. This IS a good thing to bring up but to be honest, I don´t really pay attention to it that much.
If I realize that mistakes in a defense are too obvious then it pisses me off, of course.
In PES 2017 I was fine with the balance but I also play it the way I like...which is full manual on top player and I`m not the best skilled one.
But it is enough for me to have fun. No critics here, I surely would want that people caring for this are getting satisfied if it automatically makes the game more challenging.
On the other hand I think it´s really very hard to find the right balance as no one would want to play against the AI with a perfect defense which you never can get passed.
Yes, it has to be challenging, you wanna build up your play, find gaps, use tactics, but in the end you wanna score.

9. So much THIS! I loved playing PES on PC with modded cameras. Why is there not enough freedom setting it?
10. Hope not.
11. Was fine for me either (PES2017/PS4). If that includes first touch error, even that feels and looks okay for me.
12. What is meant by this? Well would like to see AI playing more dynamic, like building up slowly and by times increase the speed of their game.

13. Interesting point. This made me stay away from PES 2015 and 2016. I played them assisted though.
Loved FIFA 16 for the fact that EVERY game was different and even after more than 6 months I had situations I haven´t seen before.
The PES 2017 demo gave me that feeling back, otherwise I wouldn´t have bought it.
Still now, ball feels really free and only a little amount of goals feel slightly repetitive but also I score goals that I haven´t seen before, BUT I play on full manual which - imo - deliveres more freedom than playing on assisted.

Good list, really. Thing is only that it´s hard not to bring up personal needs which might be disturbing for other´s.
That´s the hardest thing.

Where is the snow? They promised us.

Are there people really waiting for it still? To be honest, I wouldn´t like that.
Snow games in FIFA were awful and watching matches on TV in snowy weather isn´t fun too.
What I´d like though is, seeing snow behind the sideline of the pitch but not on the pitch itself.
Specially in an ML in winter season, it would add more depth.

Has the catch-up bug been removed?
Any new gameplan elements?

Good question, as I think it´s some kind of strange thing in PES 2017.
When the player receives the ball and the defender is only a few meters away and you start sprinting, there´s absolutely no chance to get away....no matter what players are in that situation.
Same when you go from holding down R1 to doulbe tap it. In that moment you do that, it´s like something holds your player back for half of a second.

Only with very less players I manage to get past slower defenders and that only then when they are in full sprint already.
Works with Bellerin or Inaki Williams.

Would love them to work on this.

Asim on twitter confirmed no embargo on playtest gameplay videos, so during the coming days there will be a lot more to analyze. I only hope it's the new build code, the one Adam said has better shooting variety.

Good list, really. Thing is only that it´s hard not to bring up personal needs which might be disturbing for other´s.
That´s the hardest thing.
Thank you for your opinion. And now we answer your questions.

3. We are talking about PES 2018.

6. We mean the combination of strong defenders - weak forwards (Too easy to defend / difficult to attack), or weak defenders - strong forwards (Too difficult to defend / easy to attack). In fact, these are scripts. Do you understand us?

10. Dribbling using R2 is too accurate/scripted (the ball is magnetized).

11. No, we are trying to say something else. Did you play in FIFA (nextgen)? There you can feel the ball better (when dribbling, at the time of a pass or shots). Now do you understand? It is difficult for us to explain this.

Fouls just need a setting. Let us choose referee strictness either per match of before starting ML. There are matches with no fouls at all which are the worst matches imo by far.
that i want to. why not give the option to choose from like 10 different refs. each from another country and with different styles! so you might end up with Herman Schmidt from germany, who is known for beeing very strict but fair. and then there is Julio Jose Caramba, a ref from brazil whos infamous for a lot of cards. you touch a player... yellow card! you ask him why you get a yellow card, he gives you the red one. and dont forget Bram van der Molen, a young ref from amsterdam. he's kinda balanced in what he does, but he talks a lot to the players on the pitch.

sorry... i got lost for a second. but thats what PES is to me. a soccer play ground enhanced through my imagination. it was always that way. i build stories in my head, be it in BAL or ML! so much fun... (see my post above)!

maybe i should start writing down my ML adventures this year...!

Last edited:
Thank you for your opinion. And now we answer your questions.

3. We are talking about PES 2018.

6. We mean the combination of strong defenders - weak forwards (Too easy to defend / difficult to attack), or weak defenders - strong forwards (Too difficult to defend / easy to attack). In fact, these are scripts. Do you understand us?

10. Dribbling using R2 is too accurate/scripted (the ball is magnetized).

11. No, we are trying to say something else. Did you play in FIFA (nextgen)? There you can feel the ball better (when dribbling, at the time of a pass or shots). Now do you understand? It is difficult for us to explain this.

Ah okay...thx for explaining. :TU:

Prioritization, as brought up by @GiogiPogi, is something the community needs to take seriously. A list of tens of issues, or even tens of such lists, are a good starting point. But the community must be able to select a very limited number of issues to try to communicate to KONAMI. A list of 3-5 improvements if you ask me. And these issues must have serious community weight behind them.

So I would suggest the following annual procedure.

1. Ask the community to generate lists of possible issues / areas of improvement.
  2. Generate a list of commonly occurring issues. This list can be long, but not huge.
  3. Vote on these. For example, everyone can vote on 5 issues. For each voter, the top issue gets 5 votes, last issue 1 vote. Or something similar.
  4. Communicate results to KONAMI. Each issue should be supported by video evidence etc. if at all possible. The person doing this might have to change from one year to next, because it seems that key KONAMI personnel will exercise their blocking skills annually.

I understand all these lists of questions and improvements that are needed not just wanted but surely now the game is what it is other than minor tweaks. It's only a month of BETA so there wont be that many changes from now to release

I understand all these lists of questions and improvements that are needed not just wanted but surely now the game is what it is other than minor tweaks. It's only a month of BETA so there wont be that many changes from now to release

You'll see in the podcast, but it just depends on who they listen to based on the feedback they received. Whether it's the E3 build of what B, Nestor and Jose played or not, will remain to be seen. KONAMI have to satisfy the masses, which is something I need to personally accept as well. Let's just hope they stick to what is true & dear in the essence of PES - and do it right.

KONAMI have to satisfy the masses, which is something I need to personally accept as well. Let's just hope they stick to what is true & dear in the essence of PES - and do it right.
The thing is, though - "masses" don't buy the game.

I don't mean that in a bitchy way - but when we talk about the game catering to the "masses", the only people buying PES, if we're honest, are guys 30 years old and up who remember the glory days (and who have the know-how to apply USB kits, because it's still hideously un-user-friendly for the average console gamer).

If they were only interested in catering to the people who buy the game, they'd listen to you, Matt - but the reality is, they're more interested in gaining new customers than they are in indulging the customers they already have no matter what (like us).

That's why the focus this year has been graphics (which they've admitted themselves on Twitter, and Adam continues to post faces to prove his point).

Still no difference between 70 and 90 rated players when it comes to player speed , ball controll shoot accurance etc ? lack of individuality kills this game . Different animations is all what we can call ,,individuality'' at the moment

The thing is, though - "masses" don't buy the game.

I don't mean that in a bitchy way - but when we talk about the game catering to the "masses", the only people buying PES, if we're honest, are guys 30 years old and up who remember the glory days (and who have the know-how to apply USB kits, because it's still hideously un-user-friendly for the average console gamer).

If they were only interested in catering to the people who buy the game, they'd listen to you, Matt - but the reality is, they're more interested in gaining new customers than they are in indulging the customers they already have no matter what (like us).

That's why the focus this year has been graphics (which they've admitted themselves on Twitter, and Adam continues to post faces to prove his point).

I think the majority would have been a better word than masses .. .. they have to please the online kids.

On each of the FIFA WC 2018 qualification matches, there were advertisements banners for Konami and PES 2017 !Does that mean that .. next summer can we see the FIFA WC 2018 game ala DLC from Konami ? Like was with EURO 2016 ! It will be a hilarious to see FIFA mode in PES :P

Back
Top Bottom