PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Is there any pes 2018 gameplay videos out there in Broadcast cam settings? I would be interested to know how it looks this year or if they added new cam angels. Honestly the default cam angles that are so common don't bring out the best of this game. Broadcast takes this game to a different level IMO

I think the majority would have been a better word than masses .. .. they have to please the online kids.
Even then - are the majority who play PES online kids? I'm not so sure.

On Sunday I played PES 2017 online, 2v2, via the online lobbies on PS4 (dad's Father's Day treat). There were 150 people online.

I understand that's only "online lobbies" and there are more playing MyClub etc., but there's not THAT many more playing that, and I wouldn't say they were kids. I don't think I've ever encountered a kid playing PES online (though I've not played it online a great deal).

It's only a theory, but I think the audience they're trying to please are the audience that aren't buying their game. I feel a bit cheapened by that - buying something that's not really been made for me, I'm not the audience they want any more, because I only represent a single £50 purchase (i.e. the game) and I'll get bored of the Master League in five minutes if they've changed bugger all.

Even then - are the majority who play PES online kids? I'm not so sure.

On Sunday I played PES 2017 online, 2v2, via the online lobbies on PS4 (dad's Father's Day treat). There were 150 people online.

I understand that's only "online lobbies" and there are more playing MyClub etc., but there's not THAT many more playing that, and I wouldn't say they were kids. I don't think I've ever encountered a kid playing PES online (though I've not played it online a great deal).

It's only a theory, but I think the audience they're trying to please are the audience that aren't buying their game. I feel a bit cheapened by that - buying something that's not really been made for me, I'm not the audience they want any more, because I only represent a single £50 purchase (i.e. the game) and I'll get bored of the Master League in five minutes if they've changed bugger all.

Yeh Chris they're obviously trying to lure Fifa fans over as well .. .probably all the dads took over online on Fathers day. . . there has to be a few million copies sold and I doubt if it's the likes of ourselves in the majority but then I'm only guessing. Are sliders the answer?

The thing is, though - "masses" don't buy the game.

I don't mean that in a bitchy way - but when we talk about the game catering to the "masses", the only people buying PES, if we're honest, are guys 30 years old and up who remember the glory days (and who have the know-how to apply USB kits, because it's still hideously un-user-friendly for the average console gamer).

If they were only interested in catering to the people who buy the game, they'd listen to you, Matt - but the reality is, they're more interested in gaining new customers than they are in indulging the customers they already have no matter what (like us).

That's why the focus this year has been graphics (which they've admitted themselves on Twitter, and Adam continues to post faces to prove his point).

Oh, I don't doubt that for a second, Chris. The prospect of selling is defined by the chase and the closing of the sale is residual. No matter what, it's validated, because unfortunately, FIFA have a fool proof method. It brings in the $$ by its name alone, and it adheres to the current pop culture of sports gaming - which is YouTubers that can be ambassadors/affiliates of 1 million subscribers - aka free marketing.

Prioritization, as brought up by @GiogiPogi, is something the community needs to take seriously. A list of tens of issues, or even tens of such lists, are a good starting point. But the community must be able to select a very limited number of issues to try to communicate to KONAMI. A list of 3-5 improvements if you ask me. And these issues must have serious community weight behind them.

So I would suggest the following annual procedure.

1. Ask the community to generate lists of possible issues / areas of improvement.
  2. Generate a list of commonly occurring issues. This list can be long, but not huge.
  3. Vote on these. For example, everyone can vote on 5 issues. For each voter, the top issue gets 5 votes, last issue 1 vote. Or something similar.
  4. Communicate results to KONAMI. Each issue should be supported by video evidence etc. if at all possible. The person doing this might have to change from one year to next, because it seems that key KONAMI personnel will exercise their blocking skills annually.

Excellent suggestions. I'm bookmarking your post for future reference.

The thing is, though - "masses" don't buy the game.

I don't mean that in a bitchy way - but when we talk about the game catering to the "masses", the only people buying PES, if we're honest, are guys 30 years old and up who remember the glory days (and who have the know-how to apply USB kits, because it's still hideously un-user-friendly for the average console gamer).

If they were only interested in catering to the people who buy the game, they'd listen to you, Matt - but the reality is, they're more interested in gaining new customers than they are in indulging the customers they already have no matter what (like us).

That's why the focus this year has been graphics (which they've admitted themselves on Twitter, and Adam continues to post faces to prove his point).

All the games are for masses nowdays. Everyone is a player, a 2 yrs old kid and a 60yrs old woman as well. Everyone wants to sell their product. There are no such things as "gamers" or games for "hardcore fans" anyomre. Everything is made consumable for the mass.

PES too.

Look what a failure was Alien: Isolation because it was a game for fans only! Critics loved it but not sold that well. That tells everything. They wont produce what they cant sell. And developing a game 100 times costs more than 15 yrs before. They have to make money.

that i want to. why not give the option to choose from like 10 different refs. each from another country and with different styles! so you might end up with Herman Schmidt from germany, who is known for beeing very strict but fair. and then there is Julio Jose Caramba, a ref from brazil whos infamous for a lot of cards. you touch a player... yellow card! you ask him why you get a yellow card, he gives you the red one. and dont forget Bram van der Molen, a young ref from amsterdam. he's kinda balanced in what he does, but he talks a lot to the players on the pitch.

sorry... i got lost for a second. but thats what PES is to me. a soccer play ground enhanced through my imagination. it was always that way. i build stories in my head, be it in BAL or ML! so much fun... (see my post above)!

maybe i should start writing down my ML adventures this year...!
You should! I think most pes fans are siimilar in this. Memory might fail me but didnt pes 5 have referees with varying degrees of strictness? I recall the oriental looking ref being more lenient than the others for instance...

On each of the FIFA WC 2018 qualification matches, there were advertisements banners for Konami and PES 2017 !Does that mean that .. next summer can we see the FIFA WC 2018 game ala DLC from Konami ? Like was with EURO 2016 ! It will be a hilarious to see FIFA mode in PES :P
No, KONAMI are only a sponsor of the European Qualifiers which are organized by the UEFA.

Adam Bhatti "I do think when you post the poll in a forum of hardcore fans, the results would be predictable either way. It's more judging it on scale."

He's talking about this forum. So basically guys don't bother. They simply don't listen and don't care.

Unfortunately, like it or not, people on forums are a TINY % of people that buy the game and losing us will have no bearing on the series for Konami.

You could argue that our opinions hold more weight or we should be listened to more because we've been here a long time and we're passionate about the game...but money talks.

It may be sad but it's the reality.

Also, on the huge lists being sent back to Adam and Asim, whilst in good faith, must be pretty frustrating for them. We know from @Lami and some news articles that Konami treat their staff fairly terribly and are criminally under resourced. They have delivered (on the face of it) some significant improvements in this game and rather than provide some positive feedback along with other points, all that's happened is essentially a dismissal of all the effort that's gone in followed by "but what about all this you haven't done". Must be pretty soul destroying.

Having said that, they should know people just want the best for the game and aren't being malicious. I also think the way they respond is awful, their tone is always off and they must know it riles.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Maybe I've lost the passion for the series I once had, i no longer have the time to plough hours into gaming. if it's fun and not totally broken, I'm good. Maybe I'm part of the problem.

The only way to have them listen to the points and action them is through reviewers. Until mainstream reviewers want PES to be a simulation of football it's never going to happen. Could you imagine it scoring 50% across the board because there were no penalties or due to lack of midfield it would be sorted immediately

Unfortunately, like it or not, people on forums are a TINY % of people that buy the game and losing us will have no bearing on the series for Konami.

You could argue that our opinions hold more weight or we should be listened to more because we've been here a long time and we're passionate about the game...but money talks.

Also, on the huge lists being sent back to Adam and Asim, whilst in good faith, must be pretty frustrating for them. We know from @Lami and some news articles that Konami treat their staff fairly terribly and are criminally under resourced. They have delivered (on the face of it) some significant improvements in this game and rather than provide some positive feedback along with other points, all that's happened is essentially a dismissal of all the effort that's gone in followed by "but what about all this you haven't done". Must be pretty soul destroying.

Having said that, they should know people just want the best for the game and aren't being malicious. I also think the way they respond is awful, their tone is always off and they must know it riles.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Maybe I've lost the passion for the series I once had, i no longer have the time to plough hours into gaming. if it's fun and not totally broken, I'm good. Maybe I'm part of the problem.

Good post.

Media takes sports like Basketball and NFL more seriously when it comes to if it's sim or arcadey. When it comes to soccer, all they want is an arcadey footie like FIFA instead of replicating football.

We tried to convey to Adam again our common thoughts

bf9e8b9e77ce.png

We perfectly well understand Adam, this is his work. Increase the profit of the company, while making the maximum that it is possible. Probably, it is very difficult to make a good game for both categories of fans - hardcore and amateurs. Moreover, it is probably impossible. We sincerely believe that Adam understands us perfectly at heart. Unfortunately, scholes1 rights:

To be honest, we like the PES 2017. There are so many good things in it.

We already think - we do not need an answer from Adam to our tweets. The main thing is that he understands what we are saying. And we are sure that he understands this. Just can not do more. Perhaps he is making the most of what is possible, what is within his power.

Adam, we know perfectly well that you are reading this forum. We perfectly understand you. Thank you for all that you are doing. Unfortunately, this is a business..

This Adam message confirms everything we said above
a58a82916be8.png

Last edited:
PES 5 was more simulation than arcade and it was the best PES, even sales wise.

The best selling Pes was Pes 2008 with 10 million sales.

Adam Bhatti "I do think when you post the poll in a forum of hardcore fans, the results would be predictable either way. It's more judging it on scale."

He's talking about this forum. So basically guys don't bother. They simply don't listen and don't care.

Nope, never stop trying. Can't stop just because they have opther priorities right now.

I see people are finally starting to understand they can't create a complete simulation game, that will never happen because they must sell their product to the average customer, yes, even Pes. We are not the average customer. The best we can do is to press them to give us more simulative elements, but Pes will never be fully simulative, just like Fifa.

By the way Pes still sells like 3,5 millions copies every year. It's like Horizon sold but with much less investment by KONAMI.

Last edited:
Here, ladies and gentlemen, is KONAMI's vision according to the PR department.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. I don't think the hardcore fans want a perfect simulation. What we want is something that replicates the excitement of a real football match. Let's face it: football matches are exciting. We just want the excitement in a football computer game to come from components that are similar to the components of a real match. These include, among other things, sensible positioning and difficulty of first touch.

Edit. Or maybe I have misunderstood this. Maybe arcade means "stats don't matter, everything succeeds" etc. Maybe arcade players would be unhappy if they made a risky pass and this resulted in a bad first touch and conceding a goal.

(Currently browsing PS Store for the most realistic sports game.)

Last edited:
:D :D And PES 2008 is best selling PES just becouse PES 6 was so good and people was Hype for the new one .

Yeah, that's the main reason. Nobody expected such a big drop in quality in just one year. The year after Pes 2008 release sales started to decline by 1 mln unit every year, until they reached 3.5 mln with Pes 2015 and the last three years they have been stable.

Again...
You are blacklisted and can not read @Adam_Bhatti and view @Adam_Bhatti tweets. Learn More

1cc940221106.png

Adam's reaction to our message is below. Where is the logic?!
We tried to convey to Adam again our common thoughts

bf9e8b9e77ce.png

We perfectly well understand Adam, this is his work. Increase the profit of the company, while making the maximum that it is possible. Probably, it is very difficult to make a good game for both categories of fans - hardcore and amateurs. Moreover, it is probably impossible. We sincerely believe that Adam understands us perfectly at heart. Unfortunately, scholes1 rights:

To be honest, we like the PES 2017. There are so many good things in it.

We already think - we do not need an answer from Adam to our tweets. The main thing is that he understands what we are saying. And we are sure that he understands this. Just can not do more. Perhaps he is making the most of what is possible, what is within his power.

Adam, we know perfectly well that you are reading this forum. We perfectly understand you. Thank you for all that you are doing. Unfortunately, this is a business..

This Adam message confirms everything we said above
a58a82916be8.png

Back
Top Bottom