PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Thanks for the tips Isslander, I'll go to the training ground and see if I can find something resembling rush into the box.

It's called "center targets" (adv tactics > center targets). Just makes your opposite side wingers come narrow, every time you are in crossing position. Not sure if it makes your midfielders attack the box. You can use "wing rotation" for that, I guess.

So was thinking that Pes 18 must be good playing vs human,haven’t tried it really.
Do we have any lists of users on Xbox/PS4?
Hope I’m not out of order posting in the wrong thread or something
I’m on Xbox one btw

Or is it ok if I start a separate thread for XB1 players who wants to play online vs other Evo Webbers?
Saw that it was a thread for PS4 players
Question is for the mods

The game flows pretty well for full manual online, but 11v11 is where it shines. All that player switching problem won't exist. Collisions are handled through human controlled players, so you don't have the robot army [] pressure type of games (which still exist to a certain extent for 1v1 online)

It's called "center targets" (adv tactics > center targets). Just makes your opposite side wingers come narrow, every time you are in crossing position. Not sure if it makes your midfielders attack the box. You can use "wing rotation" for that, I guess.

The game flows pretty well for full manual online, but 11v11 is where it shines. All that player switching problem won't exist. Collisions are handled through human controlled players, so you don't have the robot army [] pressure type of games (which still exist to a certain extent for 1v1 online)
Haven’t tried 11 v 11 yet,you need to find a clan or something for it right?
I had a few good games online tnite,but yeah would be more fun playing “real” Pes players

@vxcmplx

Thanks for the tips but I wasn't asking about advanced instructions but how to execute set pieces into the area similarly to taking corner kicks where there's also a variety of options to organize the positioning of team mates.
I was thinking maybe someone had some tips on which options where the best to create dangerous situations and how to handle power bar and stick angle in relation to the chosen option.

Last edited:
Just messed around with it a bit in training mode and those were some good tips from @Isslander, thanks!

The option to run into the box is called "dash" and works pretty well, but I still find that you have to fill up the power bar almost completely which feels a bit unnatural to me. Of course it also depends on the distance but from around 40 meters I don't think 2/3 of the power bar is enough.

Anybody know if we're getting a World Challenge mode similar to PES 2014 for the World Cup this year?

I know FIFA are just doing it as a patch to add onto FIFA 18 but are Konami planning anything?

I had a few good games online tnite,but yeah would be more fun playing “real” Pes players

Yeah actually there are currently 16 teams in this tournament, it's pretty organized, on a one game per week schedule. It's kinda a committed thing. All the teams have players that only play for that team.

So it's not like 2v2 co-op search, or 1v1 division search, where u just pick up and play.

Plus the tournie is full manual, there aren't search filters in the 11v11 lobby games, so it's up to us to get organized ourselves.

Anyway, it's getting pretty big, and that's about all I play now.

Big thing about 11v11, is once I started, I realize how static the 1v1 games are (i mean, online 1v1, against humans).

It's just a completely different environment. The amount of off-ball movement and variation of movement, in the background, away from the zone where the ball is, is not at all comparable. Since every player is controlled by a human, there's always something happening in the corner of your eye. When I go back to 1v1, I keep thinking like, "oh, it'd be nice if this player I'm looking at, would make a curved run behind the defender (I can do it with manual team mate control...but, clunky)". Or, when I get double pressed in 1v1, I'd notice that my AI players in the background don't fully understand that it is now the time to exploit the space they left behind, by activating a run and exploiting the space (and this is what makes it easy to do full court press, your offball players not taking full advantage of the situation, just strolling in the backgound).

Those are the type of moments I realize, even in 1v1, AI is AI, and there's a limit to how intelligent it can be, vs an offball player that's controlled by a human brain, with real ideas. There's too many moments like that to name.

...But, it can also get quite ugly, if you field a team of 11 guys who just plays crazy, without structure.

For me, one of the big things I find still missing in this mode, is a realistic stamina depletion. I want to see cramps, limping, and minor injuries (maybe even major ones, depending on low stamina + injury rating). Just not feeling there's enough from the game to deter us from expending too much, too early.

Nope ! you do not need a clan for 11 vs 11. It's just a friendly team play lobby. You do not have team or team stats like clan games. It's just 11 vs 11 room and anyone picks a side. You can play with your BAL or original players. It's the same mode-lobby since PES 2014, zero changes or add-ons. For PC nobody play there, or just Russians who make they privet rooms with passwords, if there are free open room for anyone, first- that is so rare, second - most of the players are cheaters with 100+ BAL's.I do play clan games, because there are many players, almost constantly! I love this mode but, lag cheaters and some stupid Konami's decisions are slowly killing it too.

Anybody know if we're getting a World Challenge mode similar to PES 2014 for the World Cup this year?

I know FIFA are just doing it as a patch to add onto FIFA 18 but are Konami planning anything?

I have to admit I totally forgot this mode existed back then. Personally I prefer to just play the World Cup final tourney, and I hope it will be easy to set up on the Fifa thingy. I have been playing a lot of Iceland in World Cup in PES 2018 which is fun and challenging. I am really annoyed that this is not even possible to set up on Fifa 2018. But I guess they want their separate mode for that, so get it out already you gits! (sorry for veering off topic)

Yeah actually there are currently 16 teams in this tournament, it's pretty organized, on a one game per week schedule. It's kinda a committed thing. All the teams have players that only play for that team.

So it's not like 2v2 co-op search, or 1v1 division search, where u just pick up and play.

Plus the tournie is full manual, there aren't search filters in the 11v11 lobby games, so it's up to us to get organized ourselves.

Anyway, it's getting pretty big, and that's about all I play now.

Big thing about 11v11, is once I started, I realize how static the 1v1 games are (i mean, online 1v1, against humans).

It's just a completely different environment. The amount of off-ball movement and variation of movement, in the background, away from the zone where the ball is, is not at all comparable. Since every player is controlled by a human, there's always something happening in the corner of your eye. When I go back to 1v1, I keep thinking like, "oh, it'd be nice if this player I'm looking at, would make a curved run behind the defender (I can do it with manual team mate control...but, clunky)". Or, when I get double pressed in 1v1, I'd notice that my AI players in the background don't fully understand that it is now the time to exploit the space they left behind, by activating a run and exploiting the space (and this is what makes it easy to do full court press, your offball players not taking full advantage of the situation, just strolling in the backgound).

Those are the type of moments I realize, even in 1v1, AI is AI, and there's a limit to how intelligent it can be, vs an offball player that's controlled by a human brain, with real ideas. There's too many moments like that to name.

...But, it can also get quite ugly, if you field a team of 11 guys who just plays crazy, without structure.

For me, one of the big things I find still missing in this mode, is a realistic stamina depletion. I want to see cramps, limping, and minor injuries (maybe even major ones, depending on low stamina + injury rating). Just not feeling there's enough from the game to deter us from expending too much, too early.
The online gaming is a brand new thing for me,and I feel that playing vs another human is more demanding,and more fun,yeah I’m gonna give 11v11 a go mate.
I did have a few very good games playing online seasons,the thing I like is that everyone lays differently,being used to cpu Pes 18 it’s kinda refreshing.
Thanks for the tip mate

Nope ! you do not need a clan for 11 vs 11. It's just a friendly team play lobby. You do not have team or team stats like clan games. It's just 11 vs 11 room and anyone picks a side. You can play with your BAL or original players. It's the same mode-lobby since PES 2014, zero changes or add-ons. For PC nobody play there, or just Russians who make they privet rooms with passwords, if there are free open room for anyone, first- that is so rare, second - most of the players are cheaters with 100+ BAL's.I do play clan games, because there are many players, almost constantly! I love this mode but, lag cheaters and some stupid Konami's decisions are slowly killing it too.
The idea behind it a s brilliant,wish that lag cheaters and so on is such bore,don’t know what drives them?
It’s lke playing offline at the lowest level,inning every game 10-0 completely useless.
I’m gonna give 11v11 a go pal.
That’s one of the reasons why I tried to set up some kind of a user list for Xbox players,having players to play against that you “know”
Thanks for tip mate,appreciate it

I have to admit I totally forgot this mode existed back then. Personally I prefer to just play the World Cup final tourney, and I hope it will be easy to set up on the Fifa thingy. I have been playing a lot of Iceland in World Cup in PES 2018 which is fun and challenging. I am really annoyed that this is not even possible to set up on Fifa 2018. But I guess they want their separate mode for that, so get it out already you gits! (sorry for veering off topic)

As far as I know, EA will releasee the WC patch through paid DLC.
Unless it comes with somthing else than updated rosters and a few new stadiums, I wouldn't ever pay for a DLC.
(New cameras, improved gameplay, faces, menus, etc).

Thanx to online divisions and co op etc,I’m starting to enjoy Pes 18 again
To bad every F... plays as Athletico or Barca,but I’ll take that,having fun games,who knew ey?

Thanx to online divisions and co op etc,I’m starting to enjoy Pes 18 again
To bad every F... plays as Athletico or Barca,but I’ll take that,having fun games,who knew ey?

It's pretty rewarding when you play against a big team and win. Last time I played I beat PSG using Independiente. Just about playing different and eliminating space. Most online players I've gone against place 3 forwards so far separate of the midfield that all I have to do is turn on fluid formation and compress my team formation.

It definitely gets old playing against the same teams though.

It's pretty rewarding when you play against a big team and win. Last time I played I beat PSG using Independiente. Just about playing different and eliminating space. Most online players I've gone against place 3 forwards so far separate of the midfield that all I have to do is turn on fluid formation and compress my team formation.

I was surprised how well my/your ML playing came in handy.
Played as I do when playing ML or cm on FIFA,conservative changing attack/def levels,did set up my team with marking etc,and yeah going with fluid formation when they have an off lineup/unbalanced off def setup,had tons off fun doing it
Respect to beat PSG with independiente man:)
Great fun Matt

Ahhhh my beloved Independiente. That's my club.
If only Meza and Bustos had proper faces and stats. Meza is one of my favourite players at the moment. Played against Spain making his NT debut for Argentina and he was our best (and the only one who had a good game).

Yes,my Pes 18 got a brand new life,having tons of fun.
@Matt10 i know you probably have every god damn console at home,but if your on Xbox and want some friendly competition,I have the same gamer tag as user name over at OS (ettnollbajen)
And no,you may not play as Real Madrid or Barca pal.

I even tried some co op which was really good,thank god this game got up on 8 before being TKO’d for me

@Matt10 i know you probably have every god damn console at home,but if your on Xbox and want some friendly competition,I have the same gamer tag as user name over at OS (ettnollbajen)

I even tried some co op which was really good,thank god this game got up on 8 before being TKO’d for me

I'm on ps4 otherwise I would have loved some swedish grudge matches. ;)

I knew I should have kept my Xbox! I only have the 360 now, and a PS4, and of course the PC.

Played a bit last night, only could get 1 match in online. Lost 1-0 to another PSG player, this time I used SPAL (72 ovr). My shooting boots were not on and their keeper made fantastic saves. I should have won 5-1 or so, but alas, just couldn't find the back of the net. Noticed this player used gegenpress + tight marking in the adv instructions on my ST and CM. This made things a bit tricky to pass forward, but simply just passing the ball back was enough to reset things. May have to give it another go with a team I'm more familiar with.

I knew I should have kept my Xbox! I only have the 360 now, and a PS4, and of course the PC.

Played a bit last night, only could get 1 match in online. Lost 1-0 to another PSG player, this time I used SPAL (72 ovr). My shooting boots were not on and their keeper made fantastic saves. I should have won 5-1 or so, but alas, just couldn't find the back of the net. Noticed this player used gegenpress + tight marking in the adv instructions on my ST and CM. This made things a bit tricky to pass forward, but simply just passing the ball back was enough to reset things. May have to give it another go with a team I'm more familiar with.
Wish I’d kept my 360,got a PS3 a few years back just to play some older titles.
I’ve played a lot of games as Fiorentina,suits my gaming quite well,it’s fun when you play vs someone who uses adv instructions,and being able to get around their marking and press etc.
I wasn’t really prepared for that entering the online gaming,but it’s really organic gameplay wise.
Switching between Pes 18 and FIFA 18 for my online gaming,both very good.
So glad that both those games have come alive for me,since I mainly play both 17s offline

What game mode do you play on Pes 18,is it 1v1?
Got a bug for online divisions and co op

Back
Top Bottom