PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Any full manual players here who have some experience with 11v11? We are having training sessions everyday 2100-2400 central EU time. Contact me if anyone is interested to come for a tryout for our team.

Currently looking for players who can play in RM or CB positions.

Basic requirements: accuracy/positional sense/discipline/holding formation shape.

maybe it's just the camera angle? physics-wise seems the same

Maybe it's not the net necessarily, but more so the ball physics. The ball is much looser and bounces more. Like the difference between PES 5 and 6.

How are fouls in the game? Still non existent. ? It's 23 quid on psn at the moment and I was thinking of getting it again ..still enjoying 17

Some as before. Nothing changed. You MUST look for fouls doing tricks, changing players speed etc. As far. As penalties FORGET THEM!!!!!!!

Just wondering here, but would anyone else have preferred the nets from the PS3/360 version?
I don't know. That second goal kills the "yeah, they're good" feeling for me. The ball is almost still yet it bounces back like it bounced off a very tight net.
Then, on the third goal, the ball feels like it hit a tight net but the net itself looks baggy (look at how it bulges when the ball hits it).

Some as before. Nothing changed. You MUST look for fouls doing tricks, changing players speed etc. As far. As penalties FORGET THEM!!!!!!!

I find fouls like normal football. You fool the CPU defender or anticipate the challenge and you win a foul. Doesn't need to be a trick, just a drop of the shoulder.

Definitly better after update. At least when playing manual passing. Dont know if its different on automatic. I get a lot more freekicks. About penalties, it went from almost impossible to get them to quitr rare, but definitly more. I had 1 penalty in a few hundred games before patch and after i had maybe 3 in 80-100 games. And im not doin tricks when i play so...

First league game after jumping back in I got 5 fouls. 3 of which were using super cancel to prevent the advantage ..lost 4 nil though.. enjoyed it

Hardly any fouls for me still. Don't know if it's a ML thing.

Maybe I'll have to give the Malicia skill to every player to attract and win fouls.

@Lami don't pass the ball quickly defend it, sprint with your player when he has the ball, take in countertime the cpu, dribble with your player, so MAYBE you win some foul.

Hardly any fouls for me still. Don't know if it's a ML thing.

Maybe I'll have to give the Malicia skill to every player to attract and win fouls.
its not, ive had 5 league games since and had 2 fouls in total. only thing i can think is my first game as a deby. inter v ac

Derby for sure increases the chances, only then players do recless tackles. Like sliding from behind for no reason.
This amount of fouls as of now in my opinion should be the default value in the game (lets say a 70 rating) and there should be an aggressiveness ability in the game so it could be adjusted for every player. Just to have certain players/positions attempt more tackles and the accuracy should be determined by the ball winning and defensive prowess skills.

I think its already too late for 2019 but hey:
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/985462099475337217
https://twitter.com/szkoki/status/985462233013604352

@Lami don't pass the ball quickly defend it, sprint with your player when he has the ball, take in countertime the cpu, dribble with your player, so MAYBE you win some foul.
I do dribble a lot actually.
its not, ive had 5 league games since and had 2 fouls in total. only thing i can think is my first game as a deby. inter v ac
Yea in derbies it's always different. You actually see some very unnecessary fouls just for the sake of having fouls because it's a derby.

I think an agression ability could ad up to the mix in the league very well. Because as of now for derbies players get into good form automatically...BUT..imagine if these players ability are boosted...including the agression ability. And for example would you play a player with great defending abilities but even higher agression? Probably hell get a red by the end of the derby and would be missing 2-3 games but you could win this one.

And tackling should be VERY contextual eg. pressing X for tracking a player ie from behind should end up more likely in a tackle/pulling and so in a foul. This was in the old games btw. Pressing x and jogging behind a player most likely ended up in foul.

This should add up to the risk-reward style of football and to be honest to an enjoyable game.

I do dribble a lot actually.

Yea in derbies it's always different. You actually see some very unnecessary fouls just for the sake of having fouls because it's a derby.

Alo everyone,

today I find some interesting channel on youtube teaching some really effective tips. I just arrive home from work and test it, and hey. This game its better than we think maybe. Im still testing on training but it really works. Well, maybe im talking something that you guys already now, dont know. It really worth a peek. Cheers

This is my videos. One was a knockle shot, that I was thinking that dont work this year but it really ir a matter of timing. On the another video, I wrong foot the keeper. It was really nice. Anyway, its good to know or lear something new about this game, because I wasnt paying close attention. When you going to shot you have to observe the keepers momentum before you shoot. Just like in real life.

Last edited:
^ what shot mode is this In? Manual ? Basic? Edit. It's ok he has tutorials for all shot modes so I'll watch them...now I have my ps4 handheld sorted with remote play I can play to my hearts content whilst Peppa pig is on or some other crap the wife watched

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom