PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Is there a way I can play PES 6 with up-to-date kits and teams etc?

Like could I buy game for PC and add an option file or something?

This thread is a complete and utter off topic train crash.
On topic please.

Guru83, please do not spam one post after another, when one post would suffice.

This thread is a complete and utter off topic train crash.
On topic please.

Guru83, please do not spam one post after another, when one post would suffice.
Apologies friend :SAL:
It's hard with not much happening but you're right.

On topic, I'm still playing my pes 2018 ML in the championship managing Reading. I don't know why but I'm still hooked. I'm almost winter transfer period and clinched myself a good Italian youth player called Orsolini, an Atalanta winger. In real life he's a Juve player who's been loaned out to Atalanta and now Bologna. Should boost my chances promoting to the premiership.

I'm also trying to secure the services of centre back Hall from QPR and Gibson from Middlesbrough. Also trying to lure in Shelvey but he's a bit costly for me. Will see. Need him to replace Edwards who's been OK so far, but don't think can make it up there in the premiership.

Trying to get rid of dead wood as well placing a good chunk on transfer list. The young ones who might have a future I'm sending on loan.

At the start of the season I've signed Ortuño from Valladolid. His stats aren't the best but he has a good finish with a 81 stat, which has been doing wonders for me. So far he's played 13 of the 20 league games and netted 19 goals!

I'd like to think I have a solid defense but they're OK so far. Trying to sign the 2 mentioned above to make my back solid.

The first 7 games we struggled a lot and were in 17th position. Got my act together and now we're on top. I hope this run continues!

A couple images:
DZQgSSEVoAAg6rB

DZQiE4eVQAEC1IZ

I've received offers from Aston Villa and Rayo Vallecano to manage them but won't be interested in moving anywhere until I've journeyed the premiership with Reading first.

Last edited:
I was away for a few days, attending the Formula 1 in Melbourne but picked up the controller last night and played two games in my league season with Tottenham. I am loving the game to be honest. Can't wait to start a Master League season after this league is finished.

A couple images:
DZQgSSEVoAAg6rB

Out of curiosity, why is your team spirit only 57? :) Being at the half-season, with a decent wining streaks, should it not be much higher by now?

I'm in a similar situation (Spanish 2nd division, Gijon, (only) Pro difficulty) and if I recall correctly, we started with 57-ish team spirit and now, at half-season point, it has risen up to 86.

At the beginning of the campaign, I've tried various basic tactical options (def. line height, pressing, short/long passing, build-up/counter), to find out which ones are best suited to players that I had.

In ML, each player also has tactical familiarity traits (0-3 bars) - e.g. you want to play short passing game through the middle of the park, but some (or many) of your players have 3 bars in long ball and wing play tactics, with 0 or 1 bar in short play, etc.
If those players' traits are polar opposites to your preferred tactics, then the team spirit will suffer immensely.

Finally, I stuck to the tactical settings which gave me the biggest initial team spirit (measly 57, but still ... better that 40 :) ).

Also when you search for new players, keep an eye on those traits - there's nothing worse that signing an overpaid player which will never truly blend into your team.

The best "exploit" is to buy/loan a player with the teamrole of "SmartPlayer" or "Playmaker" and assign him as the captain.It boosts your TS by ~15 points immediately ! Lucian Sanmartean is the easiest one to sign in any difficulty.
For real this should be the Alpha and the Omega in any ML guide especially for Pes 2018.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why is your team spirit only 57? :) Being at the half-season, with a decent wining streaks, should it not be much higher by now?

I'm in a similar situation (Spanish 2nd division, Gijon, (only) Pro difficulty) and if I recall correctly, we started with 57-ish team spirit and now, at half-season point, it has risen up to 86.

At the beginning of the campaign, I've tried various basic tactical options (def. line height, pressing, short/long passing, build-up/counter), to find out which ones are best suited to players that I had.

In ML, each player also has tactical familiarity traits (0-3 bars) - e.g. you want to play short passing game through the middle of the park, but some (or many) of your players have 3 bars in long ball and wing play tactics, with 0 or 1 bar in short play, etc.
If those players' traits are polar opposites to your preferred tactics, then the team spirit will suffer immensely.

Finally, I stuck to the tactical settings which gave me the biggest initial team spirit (measly 57, but still ... better that 40 :) ).

Also when you search for new players, keep an eye on those traits - there's nothing worse that signing an overpaid player which will never truly blend into your team.
Honestly I don't remember touching the tactical settings in ML at all. I just wanted to play and when I first went in I didn't think much of it and expected to be disappointed. I started at around 40 and I'm at 60ish with the right players starting, but that doesn't work all the time because of bad form.

I'll try tinker with tactical settings see the Max I can get out of them.

Oh I also have a good number of players with no links whatsoever under familiarity.

And Yea the ones I'm signing do at least have 4 traits that link up with my untouched tactics.

Thanks for the tip :)

Just received this mail:

Hi.

We would like to offer you the role as a Editor for the Live Update Team of Pro Evolution Soccer.

How to collect data:

• All data is collected with with a online tool.

• Teams to edit: between 4 and 10 teams

• Good internet connection is required.

What we collect:

• Player information (name, height, weight, etc)

• Data Parameters and skill moves

• Motion data (arm movements, running styles etc)

• Player celebrations

• Team information, formations/strategy and kick takers

Contract:

• Pay: 200 GBP

• Contract length: 1 year

• Your name in the Credits of PES

• Free copy of PES: digital copy (PS4: European or North American version only)

1 Digital code will be given on the day of release.

Hope you are excited about joining our growing team.

We are looking forward to get you on board to help us continue to improve the data quality of the world’s best football game.

Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in being part of the team!

Best regards,

Klaus Ganer

I declined.

Just received this mail:

Hi.

We would like to offer you the role as a Editor for the Live Update Team of Pro Evolution Soccer.

How to collect data:

• All data is collected with with a online tool.

• Teams to edit: between 4 and 10 teams

• Good internet connection is required.

What we collect:

• Player information (name, height, weight, etc)

• Data Parameters and skill moves

• Motion data (arm movements, running styles etc)

• Player celebrations

• Team information, formations/strategy and kick takers

Contract:

• Pay: 200 GBP

• Contract length: 1 year

• Your name in the Credits of PES

• Free copy of PES: digital copy (PS4: European or North American version only)

1 Digital code will be given on the day of release.

Hope you are excited about joining our growing team.

We are looking forward to get you on board to help us continue to improve the data quality of the world’s best football game.

Please let us know ASAP if you are interested in being part of the team!

Best regards,

Klaus Ganer

I declined.
200gbp.... they still do that shit..

Oh I also have a good number of players with no links whatsoever under familiarity.

And Yea the ones I'm signing do at least have 4 traits that link up with my untouched tactics.

Thanks for the tip :)

You're welcome, no problem at all. I haven't touched ML since 2016, so I'm also discovering little things that have changed. Thanks to @slamsoze for the player role tip.

Players' roles seem to be playing an important role (pun intended :D) in the last years, although I haven't paid (too) much attention to them. An important role, for better or for worse - RPG elements seem to creep in. That Smart Player role + captain combo giving instant +15 to team spirit might be tad over-exaggerated. Some interesting stuff also happens when there are derby matches - some players have special indicators next to them in game plan, they seem to give their best during derbies and having as many of those players as possible in starting 11 for derby boosts the entire team.

As for the bolded part - I've noticed that too. Players that haven't played at all (or maybe had 2-3 appearances) have no tactical links whatsoever. Happens also for newly signed players - I've been subbing them in for 3-4 matches for the last 30-ish minutes and they still haven't gotten tactical links. Looks like there's some sort of blending period with the team.

So, a PES 2018 question:

Anybody got any tips for the new set piece system?

I can't really get a hang of it and it seems that it's almost necisary to power up the cross bar fully to just get the ball into the box.
Any tips to create just somewhat of a goal scoring opportunity is welcome!

I forget the name but set it to "rush into box" (not called that) Then in- or out-swing the ball into the empty area in the box (by holding the stick to the side after the power comes on. about two thirds of the power bar.

This might actually all be wrong, I have done this a thousand times but I don't have the game in front of me as I would need to do to give accurate description.

Some time on the training pitch would likely help.

Excuse me for my ignorance but what's wrong with 200 gpb?
In my case it's exploitation. They expect high professional work for absolutely nothing. No wonder many stats are half-assed.

In gerd's case it's different.

In my case it's exploitation. They expect high professional work for absolutely nothing. No wonder many stats are half-assed.

In gerd's case it's different.

But it's a free lances job, isn't it?. It's not like you have to start at X hours and finish at X hours.
You do it relaxed, when you want, where you want. And there's a reason why they want PES fans to do it. Because if they had to hire whoever from outside the PES world, then it would be a different matter and they would have to pay more money.
I don't know, I don't see it as such exploitation. But maybe it's a cultural thing.

But it's a free lances job, isn't it?. It's not like you have to start at X hours and finish at X hours.
You do it relaxed, when you want, where you want.
Is it me or they'd expect you to update from 4 to 10 teams (and their players) once a week for a year? This means watching all of their (two to four) matches in a weekend (at least the highlights), to note down who plays where, the boots they're using, the accessories, the haircuts... Any notable moves one pulled during the match (e.g. Suso who often does a 'reverse Del Piero': from the right moves the ball on his left foot, points towards the centre of the pitch and then tries a 'finesse' shot at the far post, or his trademark dribble on the flank, like you can see at the beginning of the video here). This is some serious engagement I'd say.

This being said, I wish they did the same with kitmakers. I would gladly do 4 to 10 Italian kit sets so they would look better than the default ones (yeah, I'm bragging a little but you get the point).

Last edited:
You do it relaxed, when you want, where you want. And there's a reason why they want PES fans to do it. Because if they had to hire whoever from outside the PES world, then it would be a different matter and they would have to pay more money.
I don't know, I don't see it as such exploitation. But maybe it's a cultural thing.
You are most definitely not relaxed at all. You are pressured and expected to do a professional's work for practically nothing. They expect nothing but the best effort from you. You put in all that effort that takes you a ton of time watching, researching, tinkering etc. Believe me it takes a LONG time if you're doing it properly. Then you get hit with a deadline that won't be good enough and you say f it and just fill up random stats. That's not good for the game. And you can see it and how unfinished and rushed it looks.

Imo, either don't pay and have realistic expectations from fans and keep it relaxed with a deadline for no pay, or have high expectations and professional work for at least a proper minimum wage. Don't insult the fans with this bs.

Last edited:
I forget the name but set it to "rush into box" (not called that) Then in- or out-swing the ball into the empty area in the box (by holding the stick to the side after the power comes on. about two thirds of the power bar.

This might actually all be wrong, I have done this a thousand times but I don't have the game in front of me as I would need to do to give accurate description.

Some time on the training pitch would likely help.

Thanks for the tips Isslander, I'll go to the training ground and see if I can find something resembling rush into the box.

So was thinking that Pes 18 must be good playing vs human,haven’t tried it really.
Do we have any lists of users on Xbox/PS4?
Hope I’m not out of order posting in the wrong thread or something
I’m on Xbox one btw

Or is it ok if I start a separate thread for XB1 players who wants to play online vs other Evo Webbers?
Saw that it was a thread for PS4 players
Question is for the mods

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom