PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I told you during the build up not to blindly trust them. No such thing as brand loyalty now. We've been through this for years now so you should all know better. At the end of the day Konami only cares about business and wants to sell. We should know this by now. My love for PES has died last year, and unless they do some drastic changes, I'm not coming back. Many better games and things to do with my time.

Same here. Honestly I got a free copy of pes 2018 a week after the release and sold it after just 1 month. It simply didnt click for me. I really just felt like it was a database update from pes 2017. Yes I know, gameplay changes and bla bla bla, but seriously, not even just one single new League? Not to mention the irritating fake qualification system for international cups in Master League and Ball. And dont even get me started with regens...

Probably I won't buy pes anymore until Konami at least gets rid of the stupid regens.

DVgQ2l9X4AUboA9.jpg

Mates I'm reading well??? You really want THIS versus better gameplay???? Please don't misunderstanding me. I respect your opinions but maybe it's me
that I do not understand much about a soccer game!!!! Or maybe I misunderstood your post. In this case please excuse me.

I think his comment was sarcastic at least I hope so :D

Mates I'm reading well??? You really want THIS versus better gameplay???? Please don't misunderstanding me. I respect your opinions but maybe it's me
that I do not understand much about a soccer game!!!! Or maybe I misunderstood your post. In this case please excuse me.
i dont know why r u angry?? this face from data pack 3 looks real and so nice i m not talking about game play

Last edited:
i dont know why r u angry?? this face from data pack 3 looks real and so nice i m not talking about game play
No, sorry @fdghfutu I'm not hungry with anybody or with you. I'm sorry if I gave this impression! I like photorealistic faces BUT. For me if Konami goes on on "beauty" forgiving "reality" Konami will never see my money anymore.

No, sorry @fdghfutu I'm not hungry with anybody or with you. I'm sorry if I gave this impression! I like photorealistic faces BUT. For me if Konami goes on on "beauty" forgiving "reality" Konami will never see my money anymore.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic Inca (esta siendo sarcastico)... meaning he thinks the same as you... Konami is focusing on the wrong things, but it has always happened, next year will probably the same. Boots and Faces! I came looking to see if they bothered for gameplay improvements but seems PES will stay shelved in my library.

Checked their twitter. Many guys asked about,cursor changing,awareness problems,spacing,ML transfer bug ,defence awareness but it is like speaking to deaf ears.

Data Pack 3.0 is coming on 15th Feb

Which means that something else is coming on 15th Feb:

"The game feels different, not something I can put my finger on, it just does. The ball is heavier/lighter and player turns are faster/slower, and is it me or are the pitches definitely greener/browner? Shooting has more/less weight to it too! And guess what, in my first match I got FOUR fouls. Only one game of course, but I think it's safe to say this Data Pack has definitely changed the game again. "

Which means that something else is coming on 15th Feb:

"The game feels different, not something I can put my finger on, it just does. The ball is heavier/lighter and player turns are faster/slower, and is it me or are the pitches definitely greener/browner? Shooting has more/less weight to it too! And guess what, in my first match I got FOUR fouls. Only one game of course, but I think it's safe to say this Data Pack has definitely changed the game again. "

LOL

Haven't bothered with pes since after the first month it came out
As it was terrible, Came back thinking updates would of happened and all is better

reading, it's still the same crap lollolol

unbelievable

The data pack releases are the same old nonsense year in, year out.

The thing, player faces is what 90% of the PES playerbase obsess about. It's weird.

Don't count on it...

A question for you mate, u being a Fuma-player. Is R2 shooting with manual settings broken? I STILL can't make it work...

It kinda does, but I don't see the exaggerated curve so much...the big, big curvature we used to see on every player, regardless of swerve ability, that's gone. Maybe it's a good thing? Was a bit op and exaggerated in the past, a little game-y.

Also, I feel the accuracy of R2 seems to be impaired in tight space or under pressure.

And the fact that they have now changed the command, that R2 needs to be pressed *before* the shot is taken, makes it require more time/space, prior to taking the shot...I think tight space R2 shots are going to be tough, unless you have an agile player on your team.

This command change is also difficult, coz sometimes your incorrect timing would actually activate the R2 dribble animation (close control/strafing). So, sometimes it's only possible to take this shot, when:

- you are blending in your close control movement, and fading it into your R2 shot
- if you take a long stride before the shot (speed burst), so you have some time before your next touch (when the stride is long, you tap the ball forward, your foot don't touch the ball for a while). During that time, you hold down R2 before you find your next touch

Here's one for the second example:

In the heat of the moment, a lot of times you'll find it not suitable to consider all this, under pressure. So, I don't use it a lot.

Maybe that's a good thing. In the past, it was possible to R2 any of your shots, after you press []. It was a bit op, the animation change was possible, regardless of what you were doing before. Now it feels like it requires you to set it up, before your approach to the shot?

But I really just don't use it that much lol. Too much to consider

Also, I just don't have anyone with good swerve or "long range drive" on my team. Maybe that'll give the bigger curvature.

Cheers mate! Good points. Yeah, it should be hard but it would be nice to be able to bend it like Recoba once in a while. ;)

And if they have changed the command as u say its super- hard.

Back
Top Bottom