PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Calling all football experts and top PES face editors! Here's your chance to make an impact on the future of the game: http://www.pesfan.com/dataeditors/
they did this every year since 2015 or 2016 I think, they hired 'experts' but there are not really big changes tbh
still some obvious mistakes on players data/stats
not saying those ppl are not experts but konami may not give them a lot of freedom to contribute to the game
so there are not many things they can do to affect the game, they may just collect data for konami to input

Full manual 11v11 league...preseason friendlies

There's about 14-16 teams in the competition. We gathered around 160-200 manual players in order to organize this event. Some of the games will be streamed. Here's a sample (we are the team in red kit):

Last edited:
Agree with the pessimism of others - I fill in every survey every year but don't see any change in their focus.

Which makes me wonder - are all the survey results people saying "I love MyClub" and "give us more coins" and bullshit like that? I can't see those guys being nerdy enough to register to fill in surveys - which makes me think they literally just completely ignore us...

Chris, after seeing the sales value on the Telegraph article for FUT alone ( £560 Million per year) I would go as far as saying the bias towards myclub / fut in both games is seriously irreversible right now.
The turnover figure just completely blew me away, forget selling game units, if this is the "gambling" amount that young people are throwing at the game,the casuals and the diehards and everyone else playing offline do not have a chance.

Would love to be 100% wrong and to look a tit AND to have to eat my words.

Chris, after seeing the sales value on the Telegraph article for FUT alone ( £560 Million per year) I would go as far as saying the bias towards myclub / fut in both games is seriously irreversible right now.
The turnover figure just completely blew me away, forget selling game units, if this is the "gambling" amount that young people are throwing at the game,the casuals and the diehards and everyone else playing offline do not have a chance.

Would love to be 100% wrong and to look a tit AND to have to eat my words.
There's no way you're wrong, Super. EA / Konami are businesses, not artists. They're run for profit. After year one of Ultimate Team, they put it in every other sports game they make. It was the highest priority.

According to this, half of the money they make now is from FUT (and this is an old chart - I'm certain I've seen another somewhere that shows it's level now)...

lAQGgSx.png

Without some independent coming along and challenging the status quo - e.g. you've got Call of Duty, Battlefield, and then came ArmA for people who wanted something deeper - I worry that in a few years' time there'll be nothing for me.

EDIT: Apologies for the off-topic - it'd be nice to see PES's MyClub figures but the whole company has been structured to support PES, mobile games with microtransactions and pachinko machines (more gambling).

Posted this over in Reddit and it seemed to get a lot of love. Genuinely one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me in PES and I don't actually know how the hell it happened. I don't think there's anything I could have done differently with regards to shooting to actually alter it.

Agree with the pessimism of others - I fill in every survey every year but don't see any change in their focus.

Which makes me wonder - are all the survey results people saying "I love MyClub" and "give us more coins" and bullshit like that? I can't see those guys being nerdy enough to register to fill in surveys - which makes me think they literally just completely ignore us...

Let's be honest, they don't give a crap about online surveys. I applaud people for not being total pessimists (like I am where PES is concerned), but I feel it's all for naught. They have their gameplan, they know what needs to be fixed, but they break it on purpose. Do people honestly think that Konami don't know how to fix the lack of fouls called by the referee? They know full well, but again, they broke it by design. It's nothing to do with what gimmicky engine they're using. How come the crowd know when to 'boo'? Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm surprised people haven't run out of steam with all of this begging to Konami- is PES Russia still at it?

It's time for brutal honesty: Conarmy will keep releasing broken games, and promise to fix them the year after, ad infinitum...

There's absolutely no innovation any more, and no incentive for them to change their corrupt ways.

Without some independent coming along and challenging the status quo - e.g. you've got Call of Duty, Battlefield, and then came ArmA for people who wanted something deeper - I worry that in a few years' time there'll be nothing for me.

That's what I'm saying over and over. I think the only hope left for us, as a community of hardcore fans, should be to find a way to involve a good independent programmer or another software house interested in making the game we want, otherwise where we are going with online there will be nothing for us in a few years.

Easier said than done, I know.. but again, we are in the Kickstarter era, where even Triple A games can born for a generous niche.. I can't believe either, that at the very least a try couldn't be done..

Completed a shed load of Konami's PES surveys in the last 10 years or so and I still haven't really enjoyed many of their games. Nothing seems to get better. Funny thing is, I never filled out one PES survey prior to 2007 and I absolutely loved the PES games back then. Something ain't right.:CONF:

I've started writing out a detailed response to that survey several times but just give us and delete it before i can click send... don't have the energy anymore

I've started writing out a detailed response to that survey several times but just give us and delete it before i can click send... don't have the energy anymore

If you want to retain your sanity, don't waste your time and energy.

How many more chances do they need? Each year it's the same old crap, just like with FIFA.

Oh god, no conspiracy theories please, I'm in the USA (just check your IP logs). Perhaps that's why you 'know better'...?

Either way, consumers shouldn't be silenced, we pay good money and therefore expect a product that is fit for purpose. I also believe in realism, it does no good to give people false hope. It's better to be open and honest, Konami have been given chance after chance...

Having a less scripted game should be everyone's wish for the next PES, then again we'll probably get an even more scripted gameplay where stats don't matter at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom