PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Having a less scripted game should be everyone's wish for the next PES, then again we'll probably get an even more scripted gameplay were stats don't matter at all.

Scripting is integral to MyClub and in my opinion Pes has become a lazy hodgepodge of code from over the years (possibly going as far back as 2010) that is now such a mess that they just layer more code and scripts over the top to "somewhat change the gameplay".

No more is this evident than how the refs deem fouls, the AI can literally smash through you and nothing but if you get the ball and the secondary movement triggers the ai trip animation its a foul.

The worst offender though is a script (I presume) that can trigger if you are winning at the start of the second half that literally messes with the player AI players making continually pass back to the opposition, make the AI teams players perfectly skilled and also directly control ball calculations so that the AI team have every advantage.

Full manual team play might become the only thing I play, simply becoz [] pressure (COM defending) does not exist when each team has 10 human outfielders.

Isnt impossible to find that many like-minded people? My experience when u play that many is that there Always is People who act crappy/quit in the middle of the match etc.

Last edited:
Isnt impossible to find that many like-minded people? My experience when u play that many is that there Always is People who act crappy/quit in the middle of the match etc.

Nah we are a real team. Whatsapp 180 messages everyday lol, it's HARD. We have try-outs and stuff.

Every team has a manager. Not my business how other teams operate, some are casual, some are serious. It's a full blown league with 16 teams of manual players in it now. Each team is more or less based on a localized manual league, it's about forming an alliance. Power in numbers. Also a cultural exchange between groups.

Anyway, in my team, we now need conservative minded players (safe passes, for positions anywhere on the d-line, maybe deep midfield occasionally). Come out for a try-out session sometime ;))

Full manual 11v11 league...preseason friendlies

There's about 14-16 teams in the competition. We gathered around 160-200 manual players in order to organize this event. Some of the games will be streamed. Here's a sample (we are the team in red kit):

Nice game to watch!
I like that mode even though I have never played it with so many people.
Need to try that some day...thing is though....it´s best to know who you are playing with...even better being on teamspeak or chatparty.

Posted this over in Reddit and it seemed to get a lot of love. Genuinely one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me in PES and I don't actually know how the hell it happened. I don't think there's anything I could have done differently with regards to shooting to actually alter it.

WTF?????
How??

Not that it's anywhere near the last couple of bugs posted, but this one had me a bit upset as well:

Used manual pass to shoot on goal but still...

And has anyone else noticed how goalkeepers sometimes react very late or just does nothing to stop shots when you bring them out with ∆ (PS4)?

I've had a lot of situations like this (offline)

I like to revisit the first Teaser Trailers of each PES a few months after the game has been released.
It makes you realize how easy it is to fool us.

There are so many cutscenes, camera angles and little details that just aren't in the game. It's sort of a scam.
When you watch those videos, you can feel the passion, the tension, etc. But when you actually play the game, it's so monotonous and repetitive.

I remember being very skeptical about the color palette of the game back then, and rightly so. The vivid blue colors of Barcelona's kit or the intense green color of the pitch were just video edited. Because the actual color palette (whilst I must admit it's miles better than any previous PES and even FIFA) it's nothing like what we see in those videos.

Last edited:
Konami has hit upon a successful formula which appeals to casual football fans or those that are not interested in a deep simulation experience. Their sales are up as are review scores. I have a lot of friends who have switched to PES from FIFA because it is more "fun".

We are the hardcore who want a more sim like experience but I feel those days are gone. Konami will stick to what they are currently doing which will ensure sales growth and likely critically acclaim.

DVjQQrPXcAI3zxu.jpg:large

it means dlc 3.0 is coming soon
but it seems we won't have barcelona legends as much as 2017, i want ronaldo,ronaldinho,rivaldo,xavi,puyol and many others
barcelona is premium partner, Idk why konami doesn't use legends from 2017

Nah we are a real team. Whatsapp 180 messages everyday lol, it's HARD. We have try-outs and stuff.

Every team has a manager. Not my business how other teams operate, some are casual, some are serious. It's a full blown league with 16 teams of manual players in it now. Each team is more or less based on a localized manual league, it's about forming an alliance. Power in numbers. Also a cultural exchange between groups.

Anyway, in my team, we now need conservative minded players (safe passes, for positions anywhere on the d-line, maybe deep midfield occasionally). Come out for a try-out session sometime ;))

I like team play, and sometimes do it with my (otherwise) 1v1 league players. But don't you get terrible lag with 11v11? Would do my nut in!

Wow. I mean, WOW. That'd be me done.

FWIW, this surely can't be what people mean by "scripting". One of the reasons it's such an ongoing debate and complaint is that it's not explicit. The issue in that clip is some weird bug, lag, or combination of both. I'm someone who doesn't believe in scripting (I know, that makes me a fit object of ridicule on any PES forum), but even if I did, I wouldn't see bugs like that as evidence for it.

FWIW, this surely can't be what people mean by "scripting". One of the reasons it's such an ongoing debate and complaint is that it's not explicit. The issue in that clip is some weird bug, lag, or combination of both. I'm someone who doesn't believe in scripting (I know, that makes me a fit object of ridicule on any PES forum), but even if I did, I wouldn't see bugs like that as evidence for it.
It's a symptom of scripting. The game doesn't want you to get to the ball, it's only way too obvious in this case due to a bug.

It's a symptom of scripting. The game doesn't want you to get to the ball, it's only way too obvious in this case due to a bug.
I think that's a case of seeing what you want to see. Even if it's true that the game doesn't want you to get the ball, it doesn't follow that a bug like this is the mechanism by which the game would carry out its wish. The whole point of scripting/momentum—if it exists—is that it's not detectable. That's why people who believe in it say that "you can just tell" or "the game is playing against me today, you just get a feeling when it happens", etc. If you want to maintain that blatant bugs and lag problems are evidence of scripting, you're having your cake and eating it.

I think script exists and it's the only (and the most simple) way konami uses to make the game more difficult. The evidence you can note if you go up with difficult (the more difficult the more scripts, did you try to play prof vs. Superstar or legend?). When script/momentum happen (it's a random routine inserted by konami ) the only thing you can do is try to limitate it (if cpu allows, obviously! !!) and the evidence of randomness of script you have if you play the same game in two different moments The same randomness are for fouls, the same referee in the same game played in different moments gives you no fouls or some fouls. Would you have less scripts? Simple: play the game full assisted!!!! The game is tested by konami with assistances and with assistances must be played (pass level 1, base/advanced shoots, base through ball unfortunately)!!!! With assistances activated you'll see your players more responsive before all. Try to play some games full manual and then play again the same games with full assisted sure you'l see a difference cpu behavior. Beyond the game is meant to play with high level squads (Real Juventus Barcellona ) those who have a high characterization with proper squad id's (why those squads have attacks tactics and other minor squads not?. Low level squads seems play in same way with no attack tactics bcoz they are not detailed and considered by konami. Sorry for my long post and for my poor English.

I think script exists and it's the only (and the most simple) way konami uses to make the game more difficult. The evidence you can note if you go up with difficult (the more difficult the more scripts, did you try to play prof vs. Superstar or legend?). When script/momentum happen (it's a random routine inserted by konami ) the only thing you can do is try to limitate it (if cpu allows, obviously! !!) and the evidence of randomness of script you have if you play the same game in two different moments The same randomness are for fouls, the same referee in the same game played in different moments gives you no fouls or some fouls. Would you have less scripts? Simple: play the game full assisted!!!! The game is tested by konami with assistances and with assistances must be played (pass level 1, base/advanced shoots, base through ball unfortunately)!!!! With assistances activated you'll see your players more responsive before all. Try to play some games full manual and then play again the same games with full assisted sure you'l see a difference cpu behavior. Beyond the game is meant to play with high level squads (Real Juventus Barcellona ) those who have a high characterization with proper squad id's (why those squads have attacks tactics and other minor squads not?. Low level squads seems play in same way with no attack tactics bcoz they are not detailed and considered by konami. Sorry for my long post and for my poor English.

Sure, I understand the arguments that scripting is real. I'm not convinced by most of them, as it happens. But that wasn't the point of what I was saying. It's only this: even if scripting is real, what counts as scripting is necessarily not bugs or lag, but much less obvious changes in underlying mechanics. So errors like the one in the video above can't be pointed to as evidence of scripting.

In any case: what you mention with pass assistance is interesting. I only ever play on PA1 or manual. Level of assistance is automatically, in a sense, "scripting"; as is the player emotions system. But rarely do you see PA2 players (who moan about scripting all day long) acknowledge that they are using AI-changes to influence the game. Somewhat ironic.

That's generally not what is meant by scripting, of course. People have in mind momentum and shifts in player/team ability. Part of that is explained by the player emotions system, at least, which you can turn off (against COM or in offline friendlies with mates).

I don't think I can hide my satisfaction, I'm absolutely overwhelmed right now. It's hard to find the words to describe what this feels like. Guys, it's official...the new feature in PES2018 is...
...Johan Cruyff in myClub!

Thank you Konami, your hard work shall not be forgotten by our community!

I like to revisit the first Teaser Trailers of each PES a few months after the game has been released.
It makes you realize how easy it is to fool us.

There are so many cutscenes, camera angles and little details that just aren't in the game. It's sort of a scam.
When you watch those videos, you can feel the passion, the tension, etc. But when you actually play the game, it's so monotonous and repetitive.

I remember being very skeptical about the color palette of the game back then, and rightly so. The vivid blue colors of Barcelona's kit or the intense green color of the pitch were just video edited. Because the actual color palette (whilst I must admit it's miles better than any previous PES and even FIFA) it's nothing like what we see in those videos.
I told you during the build up not to blindly trust them. No such thing as brand loyalty now. We've been through this for years now so you should all know better. At the end of the day Konami only cares about business and wants to sell. We should know this by now. My love for PES has died last year, and unless they do some drastic changes, I'm not coming back. Many better games and things to do with my time.

I haven't tried PA1 in a while since even manual seem to be a bit assisted. How is PA1 online? Is it to much ping pong or do stat matter?

I told you during the build up not to blindly trust them. No such thing as brand loyalty now. We've been through this for years now so you should all know better. At the end of the day Konami only cares about business and wants to sell. We should know this by now. My love for PES has died last year, and unless they do some drastic changes, I'm not coming back. Many better games and things to do with my time.

Go easy on me :EMB:

Back
Top Bottom