PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

It is completely true. Wrong timing in R2 before shooting can cause a close control animation activation instead of an accurate/finesse shoot.
This change (press R2 mandatory before shoot [] ) has occured since PES 2015 and removed much of the freedom in shoots we used to have in PES 6 PS2 era. This and the rechargeable-refillable power gauge that goes around and comes around each year, should be annual standards as they add freedom and creativity gameplay wise and in animations too when you are passing/shooting/crossing.

DWEDelmX4AA7qc5.jpg

DWEK8KeW0AAAK4v.jpg

DWEK8KgXcAASXfn.jpg

DWELHDQXkAAAiVK.jpg

DWFQBafW0AEU0Ex.jpg

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced today that its Data Pack 3.0 for PES 2018 is now available to download for free on PlayStation®4, Xbox One™, PlayStation®3, Xbox360™ and Steam.

The new update to the game has seen the addition of 11 new national team kits, including: Germany, Japan, Belgium, Columbia, Uruguay, Spain, Italy, Northern Ireland, Argentina, Wales and the Czech Republic.

The latest PES 2018 data pack will also come with an update to many partner club players including Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, Philippe Coutinho, Nélson Semedo, and Paulinho, Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi, Roberto Gagliardini, Borja Valero and Dalbert Henrique and other players from Liverpool FC, Valencia CF and AC Milan.

To capture player profiles, KONAMI use a state-of-the art 3D body scanning technology to perfectly recreate the player models, capturing the intricacies of the facial expression and emotion of their favourite players.

Other new key features in Data Pack 3.0 are:

• 4 adidas boots
  • 3 Nike boots
  • 2 Puma boots
  • The adidas UCL Finale Kiev official match ball
  • The uhlsport League 1 2017 official ball

https://www.konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/14498/

Last edited:
Selling a free copy, now that is ace...you really are a class act.

It was free in the meaning I got it as a present for my birthday. My wife bought it to me. She was even surprised I sold it after a month. She didnt get mad tho cause I simply bought Assassin's Creed Origins with the money I got for the game. So she was still happy I got a present from her.

Jeeezus Superstar is more ridiculously difficult than I remember from the last time I played its almost impossible to find space or time to do anything I played vs roma using Lazio and it was like being attacked by a horde of angry wasps haha and how do they get back so fast? once i broke for a counter and before I even reached their box everyone was behind the ball wtf

didnt even have time to notice the usual gameplay flaws I was too busy sweating fending off waves of attacks maybe I just really suck at this years game I was pretty good on 17

The new update to the game has seen the addition of 11 new national team kits, including: Germany, Japan, Belgium, Columbia, Uruguay, Spain, Italy, Northern Ireland, Argentina, Wales and the Czech Republic.
Is it me or is Uruguay still unlicensed? Am I missing something here?

Absolutely love Konami. They even cater for sealife.

2EriWSq.png

They've fixed it now - somebody pointed it out to Asim on Twitter - but you can still see it if you google "PES 2018 whales" and look at the cached page.

I know it's not really a massive problem, but it looks so bad on their part.

2EriWSq.png

They've fixed it now - somebody pointed it out to Asim on Twitter - but you can still see it if you google "PES 2018 whales" and look at the cached page.

Lol maybe it's a subliminal message to all of us to respect sea life more.These Jap little wizards know what they're doing.

2EriWSq.png

LMAO

Stop being nasty towards whales, you racists. No one gets upset or surprised that the Miami Dolphins actually exist, did you? So, it's whales' RIGHT to have a team named after them too. :YES:

2EriWSq.png

Amateurs. It's a complete and utter farce that Konami still exist really.

Its a modern thing,You only need to look at online news every day and You can guarantee a few howlers.
Everyone too busy to proof read or sanity check waht tehy psot up on the net.
Spelling ability is worse than ever,texting is ensuring that.
Perish the thought people actually use a spill checker.

lol.. funny how this forum is so critical of konami and picks on them every step of the way. I just think Konami creates a decent game, despite the flaws. Certainly would't want to have fifa as my only choice for a football game. Is there anyone else here OK with this game, or is it just me who thinks that it's not bad at all.

If "decent" is what makes you buy a football game, it's up to you. I don't drop my standards for excellence just because Konami dropped their own standards a long time ago.
Yes, it kind of is. No argument here, you do what you think is right and never go below your standard of excellence. It's also subject to your definition of "standards of excellence" which may be different for each person. There isn't a perfect game anyway and if there is one you think it is, others may not agree.

lol.. funny how this forum is so critical of konami and picks on them every step of the way.
First of all, I agree PES 2018 is a decent (I even dare say it's good) game overall.
The reason many people are picking on Konami is just because they are used to Konami's PS2-era standards and they decided not to settle for anything less than that.

Honestly PES 2018 is miles ahead of PES 5 in terms of tech and freedom: manual passing, 360 degree movement, a two-generation leap in graphics... The stadium feels almost life-like now... Yet the game doesn't feel as alive as PES 5 felt, it feels kinda dull in comparison. It doesn't even produce the same emotions PES 5 did, at least to me. So, all in all, I would say that PES 2018 isn't quite up there with PES 5 (strangely enough, PES 2015 was for me).

Another thing worth considering is this: compared to 12 years ago (PES 5, again) the code has become bigger and deeper: this means more complicated, and then it's easier to leave flaws here and there. If you add this to what I said before, you can easily understand why I consider PES 2018 a good game but not worth being called the best PES.

And then there's the third thing: the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia. Nobody is going to give me back my 20s unfortunately, but I miss them af. Being I nostalgic, I often tend to think everything back then was great, and everything nowadays isn't as great anymore. I'm just a little biased.

Yes, it kind of is. No argument here, you do what you think is right and never go below your standard of excellence. It's also subject to your definition of "standards of excellence" which may be different for each person. There isn't a perfect game anyway and if there is one you think it is, others may not agree.

Absolutely. In the end, each person ends up spending their money on a product they see as worthy of it.

Tying up your post with aLe's, if I was an alien who arrived on Earth yesterday and tried PES2018 as my first-ever football game, I wouldn't find it a terrible game. The thing is, I've been playing the game for decades and it hasn't evolved as expected, in most ways it has regressed. I'm going to give you a very elucidating example of what I'm talking about: have you ever played NBA 2K's myplayer/mycareer (its version of Become a Legend)? In five years, I've seen more evolution in just that game mode than in this past decade of PES gaming. Are we supposed to believe the current hardware supports open-world games with hundreds of square miles but fixing a simple thing like player's transfer fees is impossible? We as a generation are slowly being introduced to freakin' Virtual Reality whilst game modes like Become a Legend are practically the same as it was 10 years ago when it was introduced in PES2009? How much has PES' commentary/match presentation evolved for the last 15 years? How richer the experience has become through the introduction of more stadiums (licenses aren't an excuse since we briefly had a stadium creator that doesn't exist anymore)? How do you explain having licenses such as the Euro 2016 and the Champions League and not exploring it to their fullest potential - will never forget how the Euro 2016 dlc only had ONE stadium. Can't we smell the bullsh*t?

If you enjoy the game as it is, that's fine, but anyone who makes excuses for the degrading product PES has become is completely full of cr*p. Open your eyes, look elsewhere and see what other game developers have been doing for the last decade - not only in sports gaming - and if what you see doesn't make you absolutely disappointed with Konami's latest efforts...look again.

Maybe I'm too invested in this and if you think so you're probably right, as I've seen other people dismiss the criticism I and others have been doing because "it's just a game". Well for decades I've done my oh so tiny, tiny, tiny share of helping developing and marketing the game - for free - through patchmaking so I can't hide my overall sadness to see a product that once was leading innovation is sports gaming - of which I was a very small part of it - become a low-quality shell of what it was.

Pes 5 and all the Ps2 era games are surely behind technically (well they have 10 years more or something) and graphically. This is not even up to debate.

Point is that even in games as old, and as backwards, compared to today a lot more stuff used to happen in the field (fouls, injuries, contrasts etc.). For as much as nostalgia may be a factor, this is an objective point.
I also liked immensely more Pes 2017 for this reason.. no tainted cpu (surely not to this 2018 extent), more fouls, more physical game, more cpu natural errors.. hence more variety.

I think it isn't realistic to reduce all the legit criticism to "nostalgia effect" or having high standards and so on. There are literally pages of good, solid arguments about what is wrong with Pes 2018. If a game of this kind, completely directed to the My Club crowd and with this kind of negligence towards the stuff I value important in a soccer game is the alternative to Fifa, I'm personally not interested in an alternative simply because in the end it isn't even one.

lol.. funny how this forum is so critical of konami and picks on them every step of the way. I just think Konami creates a decent game, despite the flaws. Certainly would't want to have fifa as my only choice for a football game. Is there anyone else here OK with this game, or is it just me who thinks that it's not bad at all.
Agree 100%.Especially after latest patch the gameplay become better.Even more smooth and fluid and more balanced in general.Ball feels a bit heavier and passes look and feel more free and realistic as the ball rises up a little and doesn't stay always on the ground like pre patch.It's not perfect and no game will ever be but it has very good gameplay and it's miles better than any Pes 5 or 6.Anyone who's not a nostalgia ''freak''(no offence)can see it.Recent years releases were also very arcady(except 14 which was great btw)so this Pes 18 is definetely the best until now.All these when it's played on -1 speed of course because on 0 it's ridiculous and fake.My opinion.Fifa also has some nice elements but in general gameplaywise in terms of realism it's a joke compared to Pes 18.They can't even get the player weight feel and ball weight feel right.Players feel like feathers and ball like a balloon.
About backheels now...Because i see many here mention it all the time...In every real match i see on TV,whether it's two very good teams or average teams,i always see 3-4 backheels if not even more..In a Pes 18 match you'll see 4-5 backheels and not always and all the time like some are saying..So is this one more little backheel such a big deal and people start bashing the game?!..I don't understand some people man...They like to complain all the time and always feel unsatisfied somehow...Like some British conservatives who'll have their eyebrows raised just because they've seen in a pitch a fancy backheel and it's somehow ''out of their standards''...
The game surely has to improve in some aspects but gameplaywise it's more than good already.Sales also have increased by much and that shows something...Let's hope next one will be even better and i'm 100% sure that it will.This is a start of a 3-year new cyrcle so they will definetely have already new elements to add and improve for Pes 19.But for now i'm pleased with Pes 18 especially now after 1.04 patch.It plays great.

No offence to anyone...I think we're not here to be ''super polite'' and double check any word we say but to be honest and express our opinions.

Back
Top Bottom