PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Anyone able to run the game after the big windows update today?

Edit: Nevermind it must have been a steam hiccup.

Last edited:
I tried obs before but it lag too much. Cant seem to find the correct settings then i abandoned it altogether. What setting did you use for obs?

If you have an Nvidia card, there's some software included with the GeForce Experience software that records/broadcasts. It's part of an "In-Game Overlay" that you have to enable, but I remember I used it a bit just to test and it seemed to work surprisingly well without hurting performance.

If you have an Nvidia card, there's some software included with the GeForce Experience software that records/broadcasts. It's part of an "In-Game Overlay" that you have to enable, but I remember I used it a bit just to test and it seemed to work surprisingly well without hurting performance.
It affects performance, 5%-10% depending on the complexity of the scene.

Hi all i am playing MyClub and have a few questions about it.

1. How do you change formations? I am unable to

2. How does the directional DPAD work for changing tactics? i tried applying a specific tactic such as play tiki taka when i press the up arrow on the DPAD yet all it did was that it changed the overal tactics (you can create 3 temmplates)?

3. Most of the people i play online all have the likes of messi and Ronaldo in there team already!?!?!

4. Any tips to earn GP quicker?

5. If i am not mistaken. if you want to buy a specific player like sanchez, i will need to auction and buy a chilliean international scout and an arsenal club scout? Same if i want Ozil by getting specific scouts that match ozil?

Hi all i am playing MyClub and have a few questions about it.

1. How do you change formations? I am unable to

2. How does the directional DPAD work for changing tactics? i tried applying a specific tactic such as play tiki taka when i press the up arrow on the DPAD yet all it did was that it changed the overal tactics (you can create 3 temmplates)?

3. Most of the people i play online all have the likes of messi and Ronaldo in there team already!?!?!

4. Any tips to earn GP quicker?

5. If i am not mistaken. if you want to buy a specific player like sanchez, i will need to auction and buy a chilliean international scout and an arsenal club scout? Same if i want Ozil by getting specific scouts that match ozil?

1: You can't the formation is tied to the manager, as are the attacking and defensive settings.
2: If you want to change the advanced tactics, you use the LT+Dpad to change then.
3: Of course they do. Konami thought it was no problem giving people a team full of stars for buying the game. Add to that people can spend real money to buy scout spins, and that's what you'll see.
4: Buy it. Or sim it. (read about playing sim matches)
5: You are correct sir. And those scouts will cost you dearly.

1: You can't the formation is tied to the manager, as are the attacking and defensive settings.
2: If you want to change the advanced tactics, you use the LT+Dpad to change then.
3: Of course they do. Konami thought it was no problem giving people a team full of stars for buying the game. Add to that people can spend real money to buy scout spins, and that's what you'll see.
4: Buy it. Or sim it. (read about playing sim matches)
5: You are correct sir. And those scouts will cost you dearly.
In fifa. although you can also use real money to buy packs. it was a lot harder to get ronaldo or messi

I tried obs before but it lag too much. Cant seem to find the correct settings then i abandoned it altogether. What setting did you use for obs?
Oh, i have zero lag with OBS. Letter when I go back from work I will check my settings and will post it here. What GPU do you have?

[offtopic] OK, i see where is your problem :) The GPU is great that means if you have problem lag problems that mean you just use some wrong options! For start, change the encoder setting from SOFTWARE to HARDWARE and try recording or streaming. Maybe the best step is to run OBS auto config setup wizard. Then the OBS will make the best setting for your PC. [/offtopic]
dasd.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone able to run the game after the big windows update today?

Edit: Nevermind it must have been a steam hiccup.

I´ve just installed Windows 10 version 1709 and saw one bug - Froze the whole system when screensaver was supposed to run while ingame... Cant Ctrl+F4 nor alt+tab. Before the upgrade, PES2018 was minified in Desktop area when screensaver was deactived

I guess is a Radeon issue TBH. Need to wait for compatibility from AMD. There is a beta driver released wich I didnt installed yet

Co-op rating and level system is broken as hell :D If you play 3vs... You can easily collect a rating and leval up. Just pass the ball at every touch, even if you do not dribble again you collect enough to a level up, very easy, even if you are complete noob. That why most of levels whores play alone with 3 CPU . But if you play 2 vs .. you are f*cked because whatever you do can not earn enough to points ,maybe if you scored 2-4 goals, you do not have the wrong pass and dribble, but even then it is not certain.

Yeah I see what you are saying about the ratings and it needs fixing. But what really grinds my gears is the fact that those people who care about their individual ratings when the whole purpose of the co-op mode is playing together, going up divisions together or fighting to stay in your division together etc. Doesn’t make sense to me. If I really cared about my ratings I would play in Become a Legend mode.

Yeah I see what you are saying about the ratings and it needs fixing. But what really grinds my gears is the fact that those people who care about their individual ratings when the whole purpose of the co-op mode is playing together, going up divisions together or fighting to stay in your division together etc. Doesn’t make sense to me. If I really cared about my ratings I would play in Become a Legend mode.

I love this CO-OP mode ! I have around 150 games there, but..... it's so stupid made! Оnly the owner of the clan can makehost/own the clan room. What are the other 11 players for? If the owner is not there.. you are screw up, you can't play in this clan, you must create your own... Why it's cant be like PES 6 groups? Now if the clan is bigger.. most of the players there will never play a single game in this clan. They can't play without the owner, and the owner of the clan can play with only 2 of them. And more and more stupid things there.. but its first year.. and they will work more for on it.. maybe next year we will have more than 3 vs 3.. maybe 5 vs 5 or ... 11 vs 11 similar teams/groups/clans .

ok guys, good news, windows 10 1709 update fixed all my micro sttutetring in PES 2018 and a couple of game more, just try it

DO NOT install Windows 10 Update 1709 if you play in 4K Resolution through DSR.
It's been reported the new update breaks performances of DSR.

The recent win 10 updates have been wreaking havoc with PES. The security update MS pushed out on 10/10/2017 (KB4041676), makes the game crash on launch.

What I don't understand is what has introduced the stuttering. I'm with Windows 7 and also have micro stuttering which can be fixed by disabling core 0.
So is it actually a Windows problem or a bug that Konami will hopefully fix?

I'm still on Windows 10 Version 1703 and there's no other update pending.

Same here. Btw, anyone experienced the game suddenly losing audio, and then the game slowing down to a halt and then freezing? Only way seems to quit app and restart. Playing with Pes Professionals patch and was wondering if it's a patch issue or something else.

Same here. Btw, anyone experienced the game suddenly losing audio, and then the game slowing down to a halt and then freezing? Only way seems to quit app and restart. Playing with Pes Professionals patch and was wondering if it's a patch issue or something else.

Might be a memory issue.What are PC specs?

DO NOT install Windows 10 Update 1709 if you play in 4K Resolution through DSR.
It's been reported the new update breaks performances of DSR.

I updated to Windows Fall creators update 1709 yesterday. DSR works fine in PES at all DSR resolutions I tested, including 4k mate.

Back
Top Bottom