PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I've been having a little issue since day 1 I think, but I always forget to ask for help.
I have flickering shadows. Specially noticeable on close-up cutscenes like player entrances and such.

Is this an Antialias issue or what? I know there must be some settings on Nvidia that I should change but I'm unsure which one in particular.

For me the only issue is that the Nvidia Shadowplay overlay icon flickers... I've kind of gotten used to it but it would be nice if anyone else who experienced this knew of a solution.

I've been having a little issue since day 1 I think, but I always forget to ask for help.
I have flickering shadows. Specially noticeable on close-up cutscenes like player entrances and such.

Is this an Antialias issue or what? I know there must be some settings on Nvidia that I should change but I'm unsure which one in particular.
You have Anisotropic Sample Optimization turned on in Nvidia CP ? not saying that's what it is mate but it can cause flickering/shimmering. Also having Ambient Occlusion turned on in Nv CP can cause this...Don't think PES supports it via Nv CP though...so maybe not.

You have Anisotropic Sample Optimization turned on in Nvidia CP ? not saying that's what it is mate but it can cause flickering/shimmering. Also having Ambient Occlusion turned on in Nv CP can cause this...Don't think PES supports it via Nv CP though...so maybe not.

No! It's disabled!
Also Ambient Occlusion is greyed out so I can't choose whether it's on or off.

I dunno...

Its cause the Shadow resolution isn't high enough like MGS V or other games.

They used cheap quality shadows and high shadow settings look exactly like the Ps4 version. A flickery mess. There's nothing in NVCP that will fix this issue.

Only if someone can modify the shadow res or if Konami patches it.

Yeah you're probably right.

I'm also trying to figure out why the game has random flickering screen when ReShade is enabled. I don't know how to put it into words, but it's like a lightning bolt struck. It happens every now and then but it's annoying.

Its cause the Shadow resolution isn't high enough like MGS V or other games.

They used cheap quality shadows and high shadow settings look exactly like the Ps4 version. A flickery mess. There's nothing in NVCP that will fix this issue.

Only if someone can modify the shadow res or if Konami patches it.

You can do it by modifying shadow res settings in dx11.lua (or something like that) which is packed in dt00_x64.

started the game it said my system and edit data were from a different version so I backed them up and let the game create new ones. The game then try to connect to the network and just goes round and round fro 5 mins. Killed it and restarted. Now it loads for 2 seconds and quits. Why oh why oh why, all I want to do is play a few games to chill out and this f*#kng bell end of a game is giving me shit. Unbelievable ted

Please Bomb like Takeshi and me. So ewoveb could be recognized like a the forum that don't need that lack of fouls :P (someone need that?)

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/lack-of-fouls-problem-lets-mail-bomb-konami.78214/#post-3247270

IMO any kind of inquiry should be done on every issue like this one, from a massive numbers of users who saying the same thing all together
They can't ignore that
I know that about lack of fouls they already know the issue and they're working on that, but a multiusers inquiry will be never lost.

Last edited:
Well, i was not playing ML since 12 days because I was addicted to this mode... I played every day, very late in the morning and started to interfere with my work... I stop and start playing only online co-op modes. Today I installed PTE patch, the game downloaded an update from Steam and return to my ML.... the game is .. super different .. now it is super fast and sharp ... it has nothing to do with the game I played 12 days ago .. did I make myself mistaken for this?? BUT now I play on -1 ... to return my old gameplay, even then my game looks faster than necessary, what's going on?

Well, i was not playing ML since 12 days because I was addicted to this mode... I played every day, very late in the morning and started to interfere with my work... I stop and start playing only online co-op modes. Today I installed PTE patch, the game downloaded an update from Steam and return to my ML.... the game is .. super different .. now it is super fast and sharp ... it has nothing to do with the game I played 12 days ago .. did I make myself mistaken for this?? BUT now I play on -1 ... to return my old gameplay, even then my game looks faster than necessary, what's going on?
It seems strange because last update is
seems a frameworks update

PES on my PC run perfectly from the start. Any chance it get worse if I install (gameplay) patch?

IMO not, but i don't know which kind of gameplay are you trying to use, if it is maked over a different exe (old or not properly original) it can also change some settings and give you worst performances

The file is: gr_init_dx11.lua
And indeed, it contains lots of valuable info!

I'm trying to understand all of that- I think it could unleash a beast if we find what to modify.
I had a go with this the other day mate & couldn't see much of a difference..I changed shadow quality to 2 & set all low\medium & default resolutions to high guessing that could also be a reference to distance...but I didn't see anything really change so I either did it wrong \it has no effect or maybe it was because I built a custom cpk rather than repack dt00...anyway I hope you suss it.

I had a go with this the other day mate & couldn't see much of a difference..I changed shadow quality to 2 & set all low\medium & default resolutions to high guessing that could also be a reference to distance...but I didn't see anything really change so I either did it wrong \it has no effect or maybe it was because I built a custom cpk rather than repack dt00...anyway I hope you suss it.

I think it might be the latter mate.
I'm going to try something tonight- But I'm not sure it will work.

It would be awesome though because you can even change the amount of DOF, Motion Blur, etc from that file.

Back
Top Bottom