PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Win 10 1709 is not giving me any problems with Pes ...everything nice and smooth...can't speak about DSR as I don't use it.

I've made the update of windows 10 x64 1709, since that day I never managed to play PES 2018, I use the kilay patch, but I've experimented with others and they also do not work.
I've a processor, AMD, FX 8120 eight core, graphics card Sapphire radeon RX560 2gb gddr5, 8 gigabytes of memory, I've always played since the beta version of PES 2018 and now I cannot play it any way have already formatted the pc.
I've already installed the game again a number of times and nothing, my game is original steam version.
Can someone please try to help me, thank you.

I've made the update of windows 10 x64 1709, since that day I never managed to play PES 2018, I use the kilay patch, but I've experimented with others and they also do not work.
I've a processor, AMD, FX 8120 eight core, graphics card Sapphire radeon RX560 2gb gddr5, 8 gigabytes of memory, I've always played since the beta version of PES 2018 and now I cannot play it any way have already formatted the pc.
I've already installed the game again a number of times and nothing, my game is original steam version.

That's strange! Most people are reporting a definite improvement in most games after that update!

If you formatted your PC and done a new install it shouldn't be down to the version of windows unless you updated to 1709 again. When you say it won't play do you mean at all or that its just stutterery. In the article below they recommend deleting files linked to windows dvr

http://windowsreport.com/fall-creators-update-gaming/

That's how this article says, not everyone can play what's wrong, Microsoft always fails in this type of update, because it should not launch before making sure everything worked correctly for everyone since I bought Windows 10 and PES 2018 and now I can not enjoy either one or the other.

how do you play at 4dsr? when I last tried it didnt give me the resolution in "settings"
Change your destop to a DSR resolution, open Pes2018 "settings", you should now see DSR modes listed, choose what you want, save it. You can now put your Desktop back to normal resolution.

I'm having problems too. Now, if I turn my pc on from it being off, load up steam, load up PES2018, I can play no problem at all everytime. Now if I then load up PES2018 again without turning my PC off in the meantime, I have probably 1 in 5 chance of it loading correctly, It normally now minimises the PES window and it's impossible for me to make it visible. I have tried disabling Nvidia overlay etc no joy. With or without mods, no difference. PES normally crashes after I finish playing the first time when exiting the game too.

There's 1000 posts on PES2018 General discussion Steam with people having problems with PC version since the Windows update. I'm better off than most, at least I have figured out a way to get in game, but it's a massive pain when I'm trying to mod stuff and have to keep reloading my PC every time.

Last edited:
Change your destop to a DSR resolution, open Pes2018 "settings", you should now see DSR modes listed, choose what you want, save it. You can now put your Desktop back to normal resolution.

I'm having problems too. Now, if I turn my pc on from it being off, load up steam, load up PES2018, I can play no problem at all everytime. Now if I then load up PES2018 again without turning my PC off in the meantime, I have probably 1 in 5 chance of it loading correctly, It normally now minimises the PES window and it's impossible for me to make it visible. I have tried disabling Nvidia overlay etc no joy. With or without mods, no difference. PES normally crashes after I finish playing the first time when exiting the game too.

There's 1000 posts on PES2018 General discussion Steam with people having problems with PC version since the Windows update. I'm better off than most, at least I have figured out a way to get in game, but it's a massive pain when I'm trying to mod stuff and have to keep reloading my PC every time.

The same thing happened to me, you're right when you say that. In my case it came in the same way that you did in the game, but even so it spent some time crashing.
Yesterday I spent all day trying to solve the problem without success. So I decided to make a pen with the Windows 10 Creators update format the pc and now it works, but still it hangs and it is not justified with the hardware that I have, the game Project Cars 2 runs without any problem, Pes 2017 idem, something goes on with fall creators that prevent things from running correctly.

I'm having an issue where the game completely locks up my PC randomly not managed to complete a game today, anyone else having this problem, i am on the latest version of windows 10. I am sure it played fine the other night when i played.

*I think i figured it out, it looks like windows 10 game mode was the issue, turned all that lot off and it seems ok now, had 2 games with no issue.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue where the game completely locks up my PC randomly not managed to complete a game today, anyone else having this problem, i am on the latest version of windows 10. I am sure it played fine the other night when i played.

*I think i figured it out, it looks like windows 10 game mode was the issue, turned all that lot off and it seems ok now, had 2 games with no issue.
I think that's why I don't have an issue with Windows 10 1709 & PES 2018 , you see I completely disabled Game Bar & Game Mode in Windows 10 1703 via the registry & it stayed disabled after the update to 1709. Actually in 1703 you could turn game mode off via Settings but in 1709 you can't ..the option has gone..it now just says "This Pc Supports Game Mode"..luckily the reg settings I added to disable it have stuck so I didn't need to do them again.

I think that's why I don't have an issue with Windows 10 1709 & PES 2018 , you see I completely disabled Game Bar & Game Mode in Windows 10 1703 via the registry & it stayed disabled after the update to 1709. Actually in 1703 you could turn game mode off via Settings but in 1709 you can't ..the option has gone..it now just says "This Pc Supports Game Mode"..luckily the reg settings I added to disable it have stuck so I didn't need to do them again.

I just had another lock up and bluescreen, this could be a overclock issue, unfortunately the dump didn't complete so i can't confirm this :(

I had played 5 or 6 games without a problem though, could be coincidence, but in the first week of release i had red screen crashes too.

I think this game has a few issues.

Just downloaded and installed new Nvidia driver, no mention of PES on the main splash screen, but it seems to have solved my starting the game minimised problem. Back working perfectly everytime again. May be worth a try if you were having problems.

May I ask if anyone actually plays this game online? I simply haven’t been able to find an opponent since the first week or so of release

Is it just me?

Just downloaded and installed new Nvidia driver, no mention of PES on the main splash screen, but it seems to have solved my starting the game minimised problem. Back working perfectly everytime again. May be worth a try if you were having problems.

after the PES 2018 issue regarding the last exe & NVDIA (win 10 64 bit) i solved the most of my trouble with Project Lasso (disable CPU 0 affinity and put on Real Time priority the PES2018 process) and set NVIDIA inspector (it have a dedicated profile for PES2018). That before the last win 10&NVDIA driver update (i've a GeForce GTX 960M) . Really smooth.
After the windows and the Geforce update nothing is changed, so i think it's the right settings for me...

Back
Top Bottom