PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Stuttering Issue, Lag FPS Drop SOLVED

www.mediafire.com/file/ttq44zzbr9xftim/PES+2018+more+FPS+%28Demo+File%29.rar

Just try this. It works. Although is from beta.
4K no stuttering issue, 60fps stable and smoot

Would you mind telling what it is and what it does specifically?.

I'm having little stuttering or weird performance in cinematics (player entrance, celebrations, etc). Gameplay flows great, very nice and smooth. But I don't know why cutscenes are a little jerky.

Nevermind, I figured out what it does: It disables Motion Blur and other stuff.
I don't want to disable those effects in order to smoothen the cutscenes. I didn't buy a USD 1000+ PC to go around disabling effects and stuff that nice up the game. Konami must fix this.

I have been having major micro stutter the last week or so and fixed it by disabling core affinity on core 0 in task manager.Smooth as silk again now.Pretty sure someone already mentioned it in this thread too....

Why ? It's so difficult .. Just press WINDOWS BUTTON when you are in the game [If you play the game on fullscreen mode], then Ctrl+Alt+Del > Task Manager> Details > Found PES 2018 exe right mouse click > Set Affinity ...

Thanks for this. It works!

Are people getting these microstutters using a particular CPU? I've got an i7700k (and GTX1070) so shouldn't be getting performance issues. Just wondered if it's an Intel i7 thing.

As soon as I heard Adam call this game "the first of a trilogy" I knew there would be all kinds of stupid problems that won't be fixed until the third installment. The AI defense on both sides is a joke. The flaw I hate the most is that pathetic lack of situational awareness that plagued PES 12,13 and 14, where the defense doesn't hold the offside line and just retreats all the way back to stand next to the keeper! The geniuses at Konami brought it back for PES 18!

And of course the keepers are brilliant on 1-on-1s! They just patiently stay on the goal line as the striker is on a breakaway coming straight at them!

I'll give this game a chance for now, hoping Yair or Nesa come up with some gameplays mods to make it less frustrating.

Last edited:

Are people getting these microstutters using a particular CPU? I've got an i7700k (and GTX1070) so shouldn't be getting performance issues. Just wondered if it's an Intel i7 thing.

I have the same processor. Must be a Kaby Lake issue then!

I don't know which Core to disable- Is it CPU 0 or CPU 7?

Are you on windows 10 mate ? I thought someting is bugged on pes and that is why my computer is switching to the desktop then I turned everything off , still the same issue in pes . However I am starting to think it is win 10 problem since I got the same problem now in WoW aswell .

I am. Lol...and seriously, just as I was typing this, it bounced me back to the desktop (I'm in the Steam browser in game). So it's not an idle issue, I was typing and it still happened.

Edit: and it very well may be a Win10 issue. All I know is this only started happening recently. For the first couple weeks, everything was fine. So it's either a Windows issue, or something with a patch Konami released.

I am. Lol...and seriously, just as I was typing this, it bounced me back to the desktop (I'm in the Steam browser in game). So it's not an idle issue, I was typing and it still happened.

Edit: and it very well may be a Win10 issue. All I know is this only started happening recently. For the first couple weeks, everything was fine. So it's either a Windows issue, or something with a patch Konami released.
Yes that is exactly whats happens with me recently, I think it is from the last patch with windows 10 because I have it on another computer with windows 7 and every thing is fine .

My 8 core AMD CPU also got the stutter issue after the PES 2018 patch. I found disabling the last 2 cores improved things.

Are people getting these micro-stutters using a particular CPU? I've got an i7700k (and GTX1070) so shouldn't be getting performance issues. Just wondered if it's an Intel i7 thing.
Nice but its do not works for me . I try everything but that smooth game what was before update just.. gone for ever ... so disappointing but... i can't do anything . I'm with AMD FX-8320 8 CORE 4.0 GHZ

I have a 4690k gtx 960 and 16Gb RAM, smooth from the begining, but putting in nvidia control panel refresh rate to 59HZ, and even better. Its really strange , some people good, others suttering with very similar pc´s, very difficult to find a global solution. But is konami´s responsability for sure. Maybe not only working on gameplay for the next patch and they are trying to fix those issues (hope)

I'm on intel, game is fine by disabling core 0 or 7. I've also had about 4 of the core disabled and the game played ok

new bug discovered by KONAMI

btw a friend on 2017 have turned it to off in the same way (on exhibition) and that had totally disable the injuries in ML

I never tried

right @TakeshiRG ?

I have a 4690k gtx 960 and 16Gb RAM, smooth from the begining, but putting in nvidia control panel refresh rate to 59HZ, and even better. Its really strange , some people good, others suttering with very similar pc´s, very difficult to find a global solution. But is konami´s responsability for sure. Maybe not only working on gameplay for the next patch and they are trying to fix those issues (hope)

helped here too, 59hz was the key

2500k @ 4,7 GhZ
12GB RAM
980ti

and after the last update i had little shutters.. now after that 59 hz thing - smooth as f****

red in defense may bring aggressiveness which is good
but why blue in attack?
To prevent the ai from rushing attack and play more calm football..maybe..the ai will push less players forward on blue and the defense is deeper. But grey/red on attack/def level is my sweet spot. I like that combination

CPU on blue for attack and red for defense level. superstar. Got my 1st penalty since i bought this game:DANCE:

Well, it's not that smooth like in the real game. What software do you use for capture !? OBS ?
It's really hard to capture/stream the game without this horrible Screen Tearing.
This is how its look without this Screen Tearing
Just you can see the microstuttering from update.

Well, it's not that smooth like in the real game. What software do you use for capture !? OBS ?
It's really hard to capture/stream the game without this horrible Screen Tearing.
This is how its look without this Screen Tearing
Just you can see the microstuttering from update.
I'm using geforce experience by nvidia. But not so smooth on 4k. Coop looks so fun to play.

59hz was the golden ticket for me as well. i5 and gtx970. Smooth as butter now. Maybe one instance of stutter per game if that. Same as how it was before the patch.

Back
Top Bottom