PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Yes the game is finally worth 60 $ and we finally got a port that should have been there since 2014.

Only problem is the :Always online thing: It means everytime my internet goes Kaput, my game goes kaput.

First of all: You don't know if online will be the same.
Second of all: I never ever play online, so I'm glad to pay 60 Euros in order to have a top drawer football game, with the best graphics and great gameplay.

Of course I would pay them even more gladly if we got better atmosphere, real scoreboards, all licenses and better game modes with more depth. But for what we're getting this year, I'm still happy to spend that kind of money.

I'm happy for you mate... you are the ideal consumer...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive
I don't want to stop your entusiasm to pay so much a digital copy of a pc game... but when the online it will be the same of previous versions of latest 12 years do you will think that 60 euro are still good ?
I'm not saying that I love Steam and/or his competitors (even if I feel that Steam, Origin and Uplay have brought more benefits than problems/annoyances)...
I was just sayin' that if it's Steam only I'll have to make do with that and download it from Steam even if it takes an entire day: I want to play that game (and for this reason I already pre-ordered it from Amazon when it was selling for €37), so I'll have to play by their rules unfortunately.
This if I want to play the game legally and following the EULA, of course.

I don't want to stop your entusiasm to pay so much a digital copy of a pc game... but when the online it will be the same of previous versions of latest 12 years do you will think that 60 euro are still good ?

I have never paid above 30 euros for a PC game, and I will not pay 60 euros for any game whatsoever. That's why I don't ever buy on Steam unless there are -80% sales, and that's why I'll buy PES elsewhere.

And I think online could be improved thanks to the online Beta.

Konami here is silly and stupid.
First of all the online beta demo should be released 1 month before the game releases for PC and find a way to banned those hack losers, but no... prepare for a nother year of poor online issues, if there isn´t a dev. could konami pay to him and stay on the steam fórum reading people's comments and block others. Konami doesn´t know about this or are making others stupid. Since konami got the guts to delete PES every year, because it have shameless in all those fórums? Where's 2014, 2015? People want to pay and play it offline? This year they will going to delete 2016 as well, because the online continues to be the same shit every year and it doesn´t make playable older online versions? Amazing how they be so low on this situation. But it's okay soon or later they will lose even more money if they continue to use the same online issues. How bad was neymar get out and bolt lose in the olympics.

I have never paid above 30 euros for a PC game, and I will not pay 60 euros for any game whatsoever. That's why I don't ever buy on Steam unless there are -80% sales, and that's why I'll buy PES elsewhere.

And I think online could be improved thanks to the online Beta.

This!

Exactly. I can't personally understand anyone who buys double-priced product on Steam/Origin while they can get EXACTLY the same thing way cheaper on two, three same trusworthy websites provide PC games. Paying 60 euros for a PC game? Wow. This is one of many advantages of playing on PC. Cheap games, even these freshly released :-)

I have done the research already and found Pro 18 PC version for 32GPB or 34GBP (deluxe version or something like that). Fair enough :)

This!

Exactly. I can't personally understand anyone who buys double-priced product on Steam/Origin while they can get EXACTLY the same thing way cheaper on two, three same trusworthy websites provide PC games. Paying 60 euros for a PC game? Wow. This is one of many advantages of playing on PC. Cheap games, even these freshly released :-)

I have done the research already and found Pro 18 PC version for 32GPB or 34GBP (deluxe version or something like that). Fair enough :)

I won't be buying it from Steam.

This!

If you know where to look, you can get the deluxe version for around 26 GBP

This!

Maybe some people are just happy with the devs and wants to support them by paying full price (being satisfied with their product).

In this case though, I think its worth 50 $, given that they took their time to optimize the game on variety of specs (unlike consoles which are far easier to optimize), also the games itself feel more solid and offers for replayability compared to many other games (Like Resident Evil 7 where I dont find any interest after finishing the campaign), and most importantly, its going to be similar to current gen consoles. So I think its worth 50 $ (In my opinion that is). Yes I said 50 $ , because this fame requires an internet connection to play so it doesnt deserve full 60 $.

Not that I can buy it from Steam anyway lol since its locked (and won't ever be available) in my region. So I will use a CD Key site that doesn't seem shady enough (who also got those keys by paying to Konami). This will also be the first time I am buying a region locked game on steam, who knows if it will disable my steam account?

This!

Cdkeys have the cheapest price i've seen.

Standard (extra 5% off with facebook like)http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pro-evolution-soccer-2018-standard-edition-pc-steam-cd-key

Premium(extra 5% off with facebook like) http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pro-evolution-soccer-2018-pc-steam-cd-key

Yes the game is finally worth 60 $ and we finally got a port that should have been there since 2014.

Only problem is the :Always online thing: It means everytime my internet goes Kaput, my game goes kaput.

I haven't been following this. Does this online only thing apply to all game modes? Surely not I hope.

Can I ask what controller you find most easy to use with the pc version. Ages since I played PES on a PC. Can the PS controller still be used with ease. I seem to remember it kept disconnecting when I last used one. Cheers

I need to get the PS4 controller working with PES, right now i have some very old PS2-looking speedlink, but the L3/R3 tricks aren't working anymore, so i'm having to play on d-pad. I don't fancy to play with those huge xbox controllers, so only some PS looking ones will do for me. :D

I need to get the PS4 controller working with PES, right now i have some very old PS2-looking speedlink, but the L3/R3 tricks aren't working anymore, so i'm having to play on d-pad. I don't fancy to play with those huge xbox controllers, so only some PS looking ones will do for me. :D
Only thing I find good in Xbox controllers are the Triggers of xbox 460 (Edit: I mean 360 :P )gamepad.

I even hate Ps4 controller, it felt like wannabe x360 controller lol.

If only we had a dual shock 2 controller with x360 triggers

Last edited:

DS4Windows, I have it and works very well.

And I have those controllers: PS4, Xbox One, Xiaomi Game Controller and Logitech Rumblepad 2.

The best for PES is the PS4 pad for the triggers, becuase the Xbox One pad triggers are hard for example the running speed player.

Logitech Rumblepad 2 it's a good choice and the Xiaomi Game Controller I only tested on mobile, but looks confortable for play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom