PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Why is RB Brasil in the game, again? I mean I know they were partners last year too, but... a 4th division team? :CONFUSE:

As far as I know, RB paid Konami that they feature RB Brasil in the game.

Other news: KonamiUK posted the back of the PES 2018 case by mistake (it's deleted now), I compared the texts between PES 2018 and PES 2017.

I can say, new is the licence of the national team of England & Japan (Argentina was not mentioned, because it's a regional cover, they are licensed, too). Arsenal is still licensed in PES 2018. That're the only new things, the rest is identical with the PES 2017 text.

But there could be still more partnerships, because not all clubs are always mentioned in that text.

Well that makes sense.

Other news: KonamiUK posted the back of the PES 2018 case by mistake (it's deleted now), I compared the texts between PES 2018 and PES 2017.

I can say, new is the licence of the national team of England & Japan (Argentina was not mentioned, because it's a regional cover, they are licensed, too). Arsenal is still licensed in PES 2018. That're the only new things, the rest is identical with the PES 2017 text.

But there could be still more partnerships, because not all clubs are always mentioned in that text.

https://twitter.com/NocturnoV/status/894937329944543232

20626444_10154776021234327_3967696028793493322_o.jpg

As nobody posted it yet, it comes from official Pro Evo 18 Facebook page. So basically we can compare all the requirements to our units we play on :-)

I think I can handle it at 4K easily. Hope the game will be fully playable (input lags etc).

Of course it's been posted. You just have to look a few pages back. It's old news by now my friend.

Konami lose spanish teams and try to win english ones :) Great. I hope they get more and more before release. They need to give asia one league or two.

DGZDgtjXkAAcXFC.jpg:large

Last edited:
please remove fake punch on the mouth like this one, in 2017 that happen to often for my personal taste (but sometime is the only way to catch a penalty).
IMO the animation about that is totally unreal (maybe due the PC porting of the last year), btw please make something of better
of course the video is just an example :P

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of pre-ordering PES. Is there anything I should be aware of if I were to get it from Steam?

I plan on applying custom kits, faces, etc and mods. Will this be a problem because I have the Steam version?

Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of pre-ordering PES. Is there anything I should be aware of if I were to get it from Steam?

I plan on applying custom kits, faces, etc and mods. Will this be a problem because I have the Steam version?

Thanks

I don't think there is a way to avoid Steam platform , i hope they could find some agreement with this dumb PC platform to avoid forced updates, if not the way will be every time the same...

I don't think there is a way to avoid Steam platform , i hope they could find some agreement with this dumb PC platform to avoid forced updates, if not the way will be every time the same...
and of course this not mean that you shouldn't pre-order your game...

Hey guys,

Thanks

I never had any issues with using mods and I always bought/used the Steam-version.

I never had any issues with using mods and I always bought/used the Steam-version.
This!

The only thing I can think about is that Steam usually auto-updates your games so if a new datapack gets released the DpFileList file gets overwritten and all of your edits disappear (don't worry @AK.Rabona that they don't get deleted... They just won't be loaded until you fix the DpFileList file again).

Thanks, everybody for the replies.

What do you mean by we shouldn't pre-order the game.

Or maybe sell like NBA, in a DVD box, but inside is just steam code.
Hopefully not, if I buy the package version is to avoid download a lot of GB with my capped connection. If I have to download 30 GB of game but my month limit is 20 GB, how the heck I can get the game without wait?! :CURSE: If is Steam download only, I would not buy the game for the first time since 10 years.:TD:

Or maybe sell like NBA, in a DVD box, but inside is just steam code.
That's pointless. If they sell in Physical media, I hope it atleast has the base game. We can download patches and updates later, but atleast include the base game.

I don't think that the PES 2017 PC DVD has the entire game on it, either.
I can't check though as I bought it from Steam like I did with 2016. Going back to the "physical" copy for PES 2018 though (my Internet is indeed pretty slow so I'd eagerly avoid to download 30 GB of data if possible) but if it's Steam download only I'll have to make do with that.

I can't check though as I bought it from Steam like I did with 2016. Going back to the "physical" copy for PES 2018 though (my Internet is indeed pretty slow so I'd eagerly avoid to download 30 GB of data if possible) but if it's Steam download only I'll have to make do with that.
Yeah, Amazon reviews actually seem to confirm that.

imo they should start to change the phisycal supports, usb external hd trashed long the years would be a good choice instead this bad choice of download the whole game.. There are too many place in the world not well served from a internet connection... in my country (italy) the most are wholesaled with foolish limit of band. Just said some months ago, also force people to have an internet connection to play a game that they bought and own is clearly a bad choice.
Please stop use steam as game platform, or at least force them to change these mad settings.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought the PES 2017 physical version and it only contained the Steam installation. But I remember that last year nobody (neither the press) received the PC version before release date, probably because they were busy with adding Denuvo.
Why they should not release a physical version with 3/4 DVDs? It costs too much? Come on, this year the physical version is 50% more expensive (from 40 to 60 €)...

Hopefully not, if I buy the package version is to avoid download a lot of GB with my capped connection. If I have to download 30 GB of game but my month limit is 20 GB, how the heck I can get the game without wait?! :CURSE: If is Steam download only, I would not buy the game for the first time since 10 years.:TD:

Fair enough, they should include the disc with 30 GB as well as the steam code in a box imo.

Yes, I bought the PES 2017 physical version and it only contained the Steam installation. But I remember that last year nobody (neither the press) received the PC version before release date, probably because they were busy with adding Denuvo.
Why they should not release a physical version with 3/4 DVDs? It costs too much? Come on, this year the physical version is 50% more expensive (from 40 to 60 €)...

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

Yeah, the NextGen thing have raised the price. I think this is the only time I'm happy the price has gone up.

I don't want to stop your entusiasm to pay so much a digital copy of a pc game... but when the online it will be the same of previous versions of latest 12 years do you will think that 60 euro are still good ?

Last edited:

This. Let me think... this news is forcing the legit gamers to stop using steam and move it to origin or fight for freedom and put piracy in the top of their choise? That makes more sence to me. If someday "never happen" Steam got bankrupted and we lost all games? That can be a nother "impossible" idea. Or when he dies and we have something similliar. Yeah we lost our games, but then we die in real life. Not worried about at all, i just want have fun like girls and play the games i want.:BRMM:Please move on, i need NEWS SO BADLY about konami PC. Since today still empty.

I don't want to stop your entusiasm to pay so much a digital copy of a pc game... but when the online it will be the same of previous versions of latest 12 years do you will think that 60 euro are still good ?

First of all: You don't know if online will be the same.
Second of all: I never ever play online, so I'm glad to pay 60 Euros in order to have a top drawer football game, with the best graphics and great gameplay.

Of course I would pay them even more gladly if we got better atmosphere, real scoreboards, all licenses and better game modes with more depth. But for what we're getting this year, I'm still happy to spend that kind of money.

Back
Top Bottom