PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

These matches are all simulated in coach mode (cup final 15 min SS )
The key word is coach mode:) The gameplay almost always looks good in coach mode even with bad mods. The AI does things that the CPU never allows you to do as human player. I'll give it another chance with Parham's mod on Professional. But it's so frustrating to play a game that LOOKS so good but has so many gameplay flaws.

Honestly the more I play the Parham patch it seems all it does is make the AI offense less creative while making it harder for the human player to dribble. Both make the game worse, not better. Dribbling was one of the main improvements of PES 18 compared to PES 17. I'll just go back to the vanilla exe for now.

@Proevolone are you using an exe different from original? Maybe Inmortal gameplay? If so, use vanilla exe and parham w_ball dt18. If you want more space to dribble and you are able to mod dt18 you can change both values in defence.json (path common\ai\player\defence) from 1.1 (parham values) to 1.5 (original values). So you have less pressing from enemy and more space to dribble. If you are not able to do so I can do it for you if you want.

Honestly the more I play the Parham patch it seems all it does is make the AI offense less creative while making it harder for the human player to dribble. Both make the game worse, not better. Dribbling was one of the main improvements of PES 18 compared to PES 17. I'll just go back to the vanilla exe for now.

I'm having quite the opposite experiences.. top player here. Haven't had cpu ai plays god mode so far with inca's file.

@Proevolone are you using an exe different from original? Maybe Inmortal gameplay? If so, use vanilla exe and parham w_ball dt18. If you want more space to dribble and you are able to mod dt18 you can change both values in defence.json (path common\ai\player\defence) from 1.1 (parham values) to 1.5 (original values). So you have less pressing from enemy and more space to dribble. If you are not able to do so I can do it for you if you want.
That would be amazing if you could! I'm basically illiterate when it comes to moding:(
Thanks in advance my friend!

No scripting on professional with parhams?

Thank god the ML for MU starts with a final.

Finals and rivals matches suffer from heavy scripting and there is not much that can be done about it. Having started a career with Man U and Real Madrid multiple times, I played that one myself more than once and it always felt doomed, no matter which side I pick. Same can be said for the Spanish Super Cup where in the two games arc I've seen some incredible bs.

But anyway, I don't know where this idea of Parham's mod disabling "scripting" comes from.. Parham's mod supposedly alter a bit stamina and some ball heaviness in his latest Incas incarnation.. and thanks to this changes you may, or may not find the game better than before (I personally do).. but unless I lost some step, "scripting" is always there..

Finals and rivals matches suffer from heavy scripting and there is not much that can be done about it.

That´s one thing I like to do - creating rivals in Edit Mode before starting a ML. Makes huge difference in perfomance of the best players in rival. Not to be blamed in my opinion

That´s one thing I like to do - creating rivals in Edit Mode before starting a ML. Makes huge difference in perfomance of the best players in rival. Not to be blamed in my opinion

I like the pace of rival matches as well (only thing I've changed of Kilay's latest OF, I put back in proper rival teams against teams I control :P), if anything because there are more fouls, the game is much more tense and more stuff than the usual happens, but sometimes they especially feel doomed to lose thanks to some strange episode too. I don't mind too much in this case tho

Btw useless to set up existing rivalries as they are set up by default by Konami, it just doesnt shown in edit mode. Try to remove the rivalires between the Manchester sides from edit mode, ingame they still will be in orange mindset against eachother.
We can call this hard coded rivalries. Just like there are some hard coded advanced instructions for some teams.

Just an fyi that there are bunch of free slots to do what you want.

Btw useless to set up existing rivalries as they are set up by default by Konami, it just doesnt shown in edit mode. Try to remove the rivalires between the Manchester sides from edit mode, ingame they still will be in orange mindset against eachother.
We can call this hard coded rivalries. Just like there are some hard coded advanced instructions for some teams.

Just an fyi that there are bunch of free slots to do what you want.

i´ve played Italian Serie B with 'PES OG United' (others Europe) and choose 2 from serie B and Inter/Juve from serie A.
I´m pretty sure it boosted all 4 teams when played against them in ML

yes and the cpu made Ibra miss with a perfect powerbar
Yeah i watched it.I was just impressed, after 480+ ML matches and dozens of youtube "lets play",it is the first time i see a real human winninig a penalty in this year's ML.Really the most scripted game mode ive seen in any game ever.Coin-op arcades used to be less scripted albeit coin hungry.

of course there is scripting/cheating/momentum but on professional (with w/ball parham of incas) it's less evident.. and that doesn't happen only with rival/derbies but in the most of the case,.
Yesterday i tried my first serious ML with Liverpool, the game cheat so also i cheat , i redo 7 times (or maybe more) a match vs Swansea (3rd of the ML) and finally i win.. so it isn't impossible.
Again remember that Team Spirit is another handicap to bring in mind in ML mode
@gabe.paul.logan about derbies hardcoded you could change them on derby.bin (using Dino), you can't remove them with DINO , but via hex for sure you can remove the strings about the unwanted derbies

so you can win (with a lot of effort) also in really scripted match
Konami will never remove scripts, cuz without that the opponents will never be a threat

Last edited:
The key word is coach mode:) The gameplay almost always looks good in coach mode even with bad mods. The AI does things that the CPU never allows you to do as human player. I'll give it another chance with Parham's mod on Professional. But it's so frustrating to play a game that LOOKS so good but has so many gameplay flaws.

These matches have been played by me yesterday (ML professional 15 min , w/ball parharm , manual pass adv shoot)

Yeah i watched it.I was just impressed, after 480+ ML matches and dozens of youtube "lets play",it is the first time i see a real human winninig a penalty in this year's ML.Really the most scripted game mode ive seen in any game ever.Coin-op arcades used to be less scripted albeit coin hungry.

Well its a challenge for sure. To me its just a bit too much after FIFA's World Class level. Which is perfect imo. No scripts, no op cpu. In PES i couldnt fine that fine line, especially with derbies, finals, team spirit in the mix.

yes and the cpu made Ibra miss with a perfect powerbar

Not questioning you here, certainly knowing that scripting feels very real in different situations.

But this is not a perfect power bar for a penalty. Whenever mine goes that far, the risk of missing the goal is very high.
You see that when you hold R1. The more you load up the bar, the bigger the circle goes.

Plus, speaking of R1...we didn´t see how much you aimed to the right side.

I appreciate the efforts by great members like Inca and others to make something useful out of this game. But the AI for this year's PES is the most worthless piece of garbage put out by Konami since PES 12.

I honestly don't know how anyone who understands football can enjoy this crap.

The defensive AI makes defenders play like drunk high school kids forced to play against pros.

The CPU keepers watch me break away from my own half on a 1-on-1 and they just stand on the goal line and wait for me to come up to their nose in the six yard box!

The attackers constantly blow past the offside line and run toward the goal, while their marker breaks the line and tracks them all the way, creating situations where the ball is being passed around outside the box while the striker and his marker are standing right in front of the keeper inside the six yard box waiting for a pass!

Almost everything about player AI is off on both sides of the ball. The defenders move in when they shouldn't and back off when they shouldn't. The forwards just run like insane idiots toward the goal even when you set the stupid tactics to Possession and reduce the support distance to one!

There is nothing realistic about any of this. It might as well be a cartoon.

I knew there were going to be major problems as soon as they said this game was going to be a first in a "trilogy" to be completed in the next two years. What that always means is they're holding back major aspects of the game to be gradually released until the third installment. This year they made a huge deal out of the new lighting and animations, which meant to anyone who knows Konami that the gameplay was going to be utter crap.

Basically when their sales pitch is graphics, their gameplay is horrible. When the gameplay is the sales pitch, the graphics are poor. The only time this isn't the case is when the game is a last installment on an engine and they know they'll have a whole new sales pitch for the following year. I haven't been so frustrated playing PES since PES 11-12. It's so infuriating because I know they could have easily fixed this mess if they weren't such greedy, incompetent ****.

Last edited:
Take this example! When the ball is where the first yellow circle is and the holder is not even facing the goal, the defenders should form the last defensive line at worst somewhere around the yellow line and the attacking players would rarely advance beyond it to avoid getting caught offside, and if they did, the defenders wouldn't be dumb enough to follow along and keep them onside! But this happens all the time in PES 18. It makes a complete joke out of the game.

Attachments

• PES.jpg
    PES.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Take this example! When the ball is where the first yellow circle is and the holder is not even facing the goal, the defenders would form the last defensive line at worst somewhere around the yellow line and the attacking players would rarely advance beyond it to avoid getting caught offside, and if they did, the defenders wouldn't be dumb enough to follow along and keep them onside! But this happens all the time in PES 18. It makes a complete joke out of the game.

This is indeed the biggest problem I have with 18 too. Setting play the off side line on in the team instruction does not remove the issue. This weird AI behavior as started to pop up with the last patch of PES17, I have made a video to document it at that time: This even worst in 18 because like in your picture it happens very often in your own box.

Another thing. Has anyone noticed that Player ID is far worse this year? One of the great things about PES was that most famous players felt like their real counterparts and even average players felt a little different from each other, compared to FIFA where every player felt the same. This year's PES is the first one where I hardly feel any difference between players except maybe for Ronaldo and Messi.

I think they're trying too hard to copy FIFA and they're losing a lot of the things that made PES unique.

Back
Top Bottom