PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

No. Try first one and then the second one. In Data folder. Parham w_ball I think is better.
Man i tried the Parham w_ball and it's great! It slows down the tempo a little.With ParhamV2 only i was playing -1 speed because 0 was very fast for my liking,but now with this combo i play 0 and it's great not very fast or slow.Also the ball feels more free and moves slower and feels heavier which i like very much.Overall player and ball movement feels more close to a sim version.Thanks for uploading this! I highly recommend to everyone to try it, it's great!

3 seasons at ML and the cpu NEVER make a fault inside the area, 0 penalties till now. Anyone facing the same problem?
EVERYONE facing the same problem!:D
To win a penalty in this game is just impossible.They have to sort this shit out next year and many other issues.But still i like the game and it's the closest to a football sim we have today if you play it with correct strategies,tactics,speed etc.

Great. Well the file has body angle, distance, surrending opposite players(outfield and goalie) as factors and their effect rate on the shooting. Just hope it works and it applies to all players not just to ai behaviors as the filename implies.

EVERYONE facing the same problem!:D
To win a penalty in this game is just impossible.They have to sort this shit out next year and many other issues.But still i like the game and it's the closest to a football sim we have today if you play it with correct strategies,tactics,speed etc.

I thought Konami has fixed it with an update?

Great. Well the file has body angle, distance, surrending opposite players(outfield and goalie) as factors and their effect rate on the shooting. Just hope it works and it applies to all players not just to ai behaviors as the filename implies.

Sounds good with all these options, hopefully it applies to all players.

About penalties
Yesterday me and my friend, playing a world cup versus CPU (with 2 two different teams), got 3 penalty in a couple of hours. Always vs CPU, one caused by a keeper. Atm i'm using dt18 of parahm tweaked by Incas. Imo is the most realistic using manual pass\adv shoot. I found also more fouls , less pass accuracy and a more easy dribbling. Finally i can stop to struggling with the game on any match.
Thnks Incas.
Of course also the steam exe 1.03 is required to have a proper working
Not original Version use exe 1.01, probably the worst build of Konami this year. So avoid to give feedback if you don't own a legal copy.

I'm trying the Parham's modified by Incas (w_ball) as well-

I must say it really feels the ball is much more free.. this, in conjunction with -2 speed and manual pass (basic shooting) is giving me a lot of really nice games even at superstar.. especially the minus 2 speed, for as much as I liked even -1, is finally giving me a true realism sense, betweem the calm rythm and the already beautiful animations even more appreciable..

Granted, you really need to take a different approach at soccer, especially at SS.. like meticolously watching that you do not take your dc out of positioning, not pressing without thinking (I guess especially doubling up the marking with the shoot bottom is triggering cpu to no end).. and sometimes it is not even enough.. but is "doable" at least until now..

p.s. first time I get all this fouls against me in a non-derby game, plus a bunch of adv. rules, (I also had my first penalty of the entire year some games ago)fallijuveudinese.jpg

I'm trying the Parham's modified by Incas (w_ball) as well-

I must say it really feels the ball is much more free.. this, in conjunction with -2 speed and manual pass (basic shooting) is giving me a lot of really nice games even at superstar.. especially the minus 2 speed, for as much as I liked even -1, is finally giving me a true realism sense, betweem the calm rythm and the already beautiful animations even more appreciable..

Granted, you really need to take a different approach at soccer, especially at SS.. like meticolously watching that you do not take your dc out of positioning, not pressing without thinking (I guess especially doubling up the marking with the shoot bottom is triggering cpu to no end).. and sometimes it is not even enough.. but is "doable" at least until now..

p.s. first time I get all this fouls against me in a non-derby game, plus a bunch of adv. rules, (I also had my first penalty of the entire year some games ago)View attachment 2577

That is a lot of fouls indeed!
I haven't had the time to try Inca's tweaks yet, but I didn't get as many fouls with Parham's patch that's for sure.
Let's see if that is a trend of if it's just very rare and occasional.

That is a lot of fouls indeed!
I haven't had the time to try Inca's tweaks yet, but I didn't get as many fouls with Parham's patch that's for sure.
Let's see if that is a trend of if it's just very rare and occasional.

Yeah, it must be better verified of course, I didn't want to prove anything absolute, just sharing the sense of wonder :D of having all those fouls against a non-rival. But I can already say that when in the past I passed even 6-7 matches without getting a single foul, at the very least 2-3 fouls per game are already happening at least so far, and I can see a more phsycal game happening. Then, it should also be said that I'm using Juventus, plenty of good dribblers and maybe easier to trigger some reponses..

Guys... i was coming back to Pes2017 due to this ridicolous lack of CPU fouls but seems that you are experiencing something good with it.
Wich dt18 are you playing with?
An could you specify the level or other significant settings?
I tried everything, at now i used parham_w_ball but no way about fouls and IMHO too easy even at SS...
I'm tryng everything to understand if there's a solution

I thought Konami has fixed it with an update?
Yeah after the update some fouls are being called but still not enough.As for penalties though i haven't won a single one yet and many others here i see that have the same issue.A big part of this problem i think it's that the physics and movements are still more stiff than they should.They have to make them more flexible but with this fox engine i don't know if it's possible.

I ve been experimenting with BasePosition.json inside the dt18 file and I do think that changing values inside it actually does something. I am sharink links to my dt18 files which is essentially the dt18 inca shared few days ago (Param_w_ball) with my modified BasePosition.json.

It took me edges to understand that the weird characters I was seeing when opening json files with textpad were actually Japanese characters that textpad can't read (wrong unicode) but notepad do read absolutely fine. So I have used google translate and documented the json file (some time good some time weird, you know google translate), I have indicated the lines I have edited and what were the default values.

dt18: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ftl2o0hm3d2tt9/dt18_x64.cpk
basePositin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2808lmvg8udmfav/basePosition.json

It seems to me the fb plays upper pitch and the lines are more compressed. When I have started editing the file my goal was to lower the imaginary line where red players (attackers) stop when their team defend but I didn't manage to get that.
Let me know if you try it what you think.

For those who asked me to modding shoot in dt18 here the link to two dt18:
1 - Parham w_ball_modded_shooting: here i changed the values in ballplayerShoot.json in the following lines
"isCheckDist": 0 "isCheckAngle": 0 "isCheckBodyAngle": 0 "isCheckEnemy": 0
here i changed the values from 1 (the player evaluates the following parameters: the distance from goal, the angle from goal, the angle of his body before the shoot, the presence or not of the enemy player between him and the goal) to 0; changing these values from 1 to 0 means that the player doesn't evaluate these parameters.

2 - Parham w_ball_modded_shooting_V1: here i completely changed the files ballpalyerShoot.json and shoot.json replacing all the values to a dummy file like this:
/// @class auto
{
"dummy" : 0
}

so doing maybe not any values is taken in consideration and the shoot should be totally unpredictable.

I tried both but unfortunately i don't see any changes. I think - like kilay said - that mechanic related to shoots are inside exe and modification on dt18 are totally useless. Anyway i submits the dt18 so you can try yourselves.
Sorry my very poor english.

Link:
http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/5mNSBW6j/file.html

Can anyone explain what the differences between "Parham W_Ball" and "MY_dt18_x64" are supposed to be? How does each affect the gameplay?

I ve been experimenting with BasePosition.json inside the dt18 file and I do think that changing values inside it actually does something. I am sharink links to my dt18 files which is essentially the dt18 inca shared few days ago (Param_w_ball) with my modified BasePosition.json.

It took me edges to understand that the weird characters I was seeing when opening json files with textpad were actually Japanese characters that textpad can't read (wrong unicode) but notepad do read absolutely fine. So I have used google translate and documented the json file (some time good some time weird, you know google translate), I have indicated the lines I have edited and what were the default values.

dt18: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ftl2o0hm3d2tt9/dt18_x64.cpk
basePositin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2808lmvg8udmfav/basePosition.json

It seems to me the fb plays upper pitch and the lines are more compressed. When I have started editing the file my goal was to lower the imaginary line where red players (attackers) stop when their team defend but I didn't manage to get that.
Let me know if you try it what you think.

I tried it this night and for sure something is changed,, you're right about more compactness of the lines... but the IA doesn't like your changes.. I don't know how many strings you tweaked but else if the compatcness is ok the IA aren't able to play in a proper way . It never shoot (tried 5 different match) and also the keeper seems suffers a little some changes.
So the placement IMo is better but that doesn't work in the right way.. also all the mistakes/fouls that happened using the parham w/ball (incas) are gone with your version.
Try to focus just on the lines height/compactness parameter and don't touch the others..
Btw thnks for the effort :)

I tried it this night and for sure something is changed,, you're right about more compactness of the lines... but the IA doesn't like your changes.. I don't know how many strings you tweaked but else if the compatcness is ok the IA aren't able to play in a proper way . It never shoot (tried 5 different match) and also the keeper seems suffers a little some changes.
So the placement IMo is better but that doesn't work in the right way.. also all the mistakes/fouls that happened using the parham w/ball (incas) are gone with your version.
Try to focus just on the lines height/compactness parameter and don't touch the others..
Btw thnks for the effort :)

Ok that's weird, I am not sure I experienced that... I only changed few lines, 5 or so.
I hear you my tweaks are not optimal but at least we know the lines inside that file do affect the gameplay, I hope it can be in a good way in some time.

Last edited:
Ok that's weird, I am not sure I experienced that... I only changed few lines, 5 or so.
I here you my tweaks are not optimal but at least we know the lines inside that file do affect the gameplay, I hope it can be in a good way in some time.
Try a cup/league coach match (superstar 13-15 min)
IA never hurts

Try a cup/league coach match (superstar 13-15 min)
IA never hurts

You'r right I have just coached a Arsenal Liverpool cup final super star 15mins that ended with 7(4) - 4(3) shots and a score of 2-1. Only one single fault too. I used the blimp camera and it was nice to see defensive blocks actually behaving like blocks but the defence seems too good for the attacks.
It could be that line:
グループの先頭からどれくらい前方の敵を認識するか How far forward the enemies from the beginning of the group are recognized Edit default:7.8 tried:17.8
"dfAttackWidthFront" : 17.8

If I understand it correctly it increase the distance at which a player from the defending team detect players from the attacking team.

For the impact on fault and all the others things you mentioned I have no idea how this jason might impact it.

Can anyone explain what the differences between "Parham W_Ball" and "MY_dt18_x64" are supposed to be? How does each affect the gameplay?
Well I got my answer! The "MY_dt18_x64" is utterly worthless. The AI pressures relentlessly no matter how much you change the settings, and the ball floats like a lead balloon when you try to cross or shoot. Complete waste of time that mod was!

Well I got my answer! The "MY_dt18_x64" is utterly worthless. The AI pressures relentlessly no matter how much you change the settings, and the ball floats like a lead balloon when you try to cross or shoot. Complete waste of time that mod was!
As for "Parham W_Ball", it's a CPU cheat-fest on Top Player and SuperStar levels, and the AI offense is not creative and mostly spams long through balls. I have yet to see a mod that makes this stupid game enjoyable!

As for "Parham W_Ball", it's a CPU cheat-fest on Top Player and SuperStar levels, and the AI offense is not creative and mostly spams long through balls. I have yet to see a mod that makes this stupid game enjoyable!
we already said to play on professional to avoid scripting/IA cheating. I found this game enjoyable atm using the parham w_ball, 15 mins manual pass/advanced shooting. Also about the spam of long balls i not see that too often , of course if the tactics assigned is long balls they probably use this options as should be.
Are you sure that are you playing with the last steam exe? Cuz not original Version use exe 1.01, probably the worst build of Konami this year.
These matches are all simulated in coach mode (cup final 15 min SS )... and these statistic are the best that i found from the release of the game, so don't say that these efforts are useless. cuz they aren't
P.S. Don't look too much at the fouls numb because without someone that truly play the things are different

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom