PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Thank you for the very thorough response. I will test it some more. The strategy change you describe, is that a result of Parham's patch or the changes Kilay made in tactics etc? (or perhaps a combination of the two)
What papinho explained is the result of Parham gameplay. This along with kilay's patch make the game VERY VERY ENJOYABLE.

there is a huge difference with the gampley patch

1. game is way hard on pro, hard to keep possession, im lazio in ML on manual, very tough
2.Your team doesnt leave dudes wide open
3. not sure i like the fact that its very hard to beat defenders on the dribble, i think this needs to be tweaked, i will try regular but will probably be too easy, also feels like catch up but has been re-introduced
4.the pass error is prevelant on both cpu and user, which is good and bad thing
5. goal mouth scrambles are amazing

Alright thanks. Played a second match with it, am noticing more passing error from cpu at least.

Question : what is the difference between Parham gameplay patch v2 (which everyone here seems very positive about) and v1 that is contained within the same file?

there is a huge difference with the gampley patch

1. game is way hard on pro, hard to keep possession, im lazio in ML on manual, very tough
2.Your team doesnt leave dudes wide open
3. not sure i like the fact that its very hard to beat defenders on the dribble, i think this needs to be tweaked, i will try regular but will probably be too easy, also feels like catch up but has been re-introduced
4.the pass error is prevelant on both cpu and user, which is good and bad thing
5. goal mouth scrambles are amazing

So you would say Pro is better than Top Player and Superstar? I played Top Player, and overall, just didn't enjoy it. It's much better than default, but it just felt end to end again. Back and forth, back and forth. No sense of a midfield.

I'd love it if someone could modify the ball physics on long ground passes. Right now they are just too floaty and it is so laboring how unrealistic it looks. A long pass should stay on the ground, especially on slick surfaces.

So you would say Pro is better than Top Player and Superstar? I played Top Player, and overall, just didn't enjoy it. It's much better than default, but it just felt end to end again. Back and forth, back and forth. No sense of a midfield.

I'd love it if someone could modify the ball physics on long ground passes. Right now they are just too floaty and it is so laboring how unrealistic it looks. A long pass should stay on the ground, especially on slick surfaces.
You think that original ball physics is better than Parham's gameplay one ? If so, is possible to restore it replacing the ball.json of Parham with the original. I can do it if you want.

You think that original ball physics is better than Parham's gameplay one ? If so, is possible to restore it replacing the ball.json of Parham with the original. I can do it if you want.

No, I don't think the ball physics are better. I just think the ground ball physics are not addressed by any of the gameplay patchers. Do you know how to alter it?

I don´t know if it´s different with Parham´s patch, but I always felt that Pro plays a lot better than Top Player or Superstar.
To the way I play, professional, along with game speed 0 and full manual, this is my sweet spot. I win games, I lose game, have draws....can´t complain.
Whereas Top Player or Superstar is ugly to play in my personal opinion.

Hi guys

Wondered if you may be able to help with a question me an a friend have :)

When we play online coop (on PC) we both always get 0 for receiving pass on the co-op scores. What is it that actually gives that section a score? We both play on full manual, not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Wasn’t sure if maybe it’s the double tapping to request a pass (when you’re icon above your head flashes), we never use that as we’re in voice chat on discord so no need. As far as we can tell it didn’t make a difference. We've beat real players and AI by a few goals, and every single game receiving pass for both of us is always 0. It doesn't feel like we're not doing something as we can pass it around well, create chance, score goals etc, it's just annoying!

Any help or info is appreciated :-)

Did you play it on -1 speed? On 0 speed it is end to end since they increased the speed also after the update,but on -1 speed and superstar that i play and with parham patch and kilay OF i find it well balanced and i see midfield play.

Still looking for interceptions...
giphy.gif

All players just covering.

I'm still deciding if I should buy or not this game, so I downloaded the steam demo, on my regular monitor (dp connector) the game opens normally and I can play without issue, but if I connect my pc to my 32 inch tv (via hdmi connector) on my bedroom the game shows a white screen and closes inmediatly, what should I do? why does it only happen when I'm using my tv and why does it work normally on my monitor? so far I only had that issue with pes2018 my other games work without a problem

I'm still deciding if I should buy or not this game, so I downloaded the steam demo, on my regular monitor (dp connector) the game opens normally and I can play without issue, but if I connect my pc to my 32 inch tv (via hdmi connector) on my bedroom the game shows a white screen and closes inmediatly, what should I do? why does it only happen when I'm using my tv and why does it work normally on my monitor? so far I only had that issue with pes2018 my other games work without a problem
Try the LITE version on Steam, they fixed some bugs there.

but if I connect my pc to my 32 inch tv (via hdmi connector) on my bedroom the game shows a white screen and closes inmediatly, what should I do?
Stating the obvious here, but... Are you actually connected to the Internet when you're in the bedroom?
PES 2017 did the same trick to me when I was offline: it would just refuse to start.
As far as I understood at that time, it was like that by design (some sort of weird DRM) so I have no reason to believe PES 2018 is different.

I make stats closer to real life. Anyone with the same hobby?

Example: lowered Lukaku hold up play, improved kdb's passing, jesus positioning.

Goal is for teams and players to play like they do irl.

Gave a try to the combo Kilay-Parham. The games are much much less frustrating, I didn't feel cheated in the games I played. I think its more enjoyable than vanilla for sure, but I did notice that the AI was a little too "forward, forward" all the time, which could lead to end-to-end matches, can't remember if it was like this in vanilla. Beat Manchester City 3-0, they didn't really threaten me, next game I almost couldn't beat Southampton.

I'm playing TP, 14min, PA1, Shot Manual. I'd like to go down to pro with manual passing, but I can't for the life of me complete a pass on manual. It ends up in the crowd 99% of the time.

Gave a try to the combo Kilay-Parham. The games are much much less frustrating, I didn't feel cheated in the games I played. I think its more enjoyable than vanilla for sure, but I did notice that the AI was a little too "forward, forward" all the time, which could lead to end-to-end matches, can't remember if it was like this in vanilla. Beat Manchester City 3-0, they didn't really threaten me, next game I almost couldn't beat Southampton.

I'm playing TP, 14min, PA1, Shot Manual. I'd like to go down to pro with manual passing, but I can't for the life of me complete a pass on manual. It ends up in the crowd 99% of the time.
Game always been like that. If anything kilay made it calmer with white att/def level. They stay up to regain ball quickly instead of rushing to defense and they take more time in build up. Maybe it's because of opposition tactics? But i agree, game is still kinda end to end but it sure isn't because of kilay or gameplay patch

Just me (and of course who use my patch) have this bug in ML about Asian Footballer of the Year?
For me is alway an Arsenal player...

Arsenal trying their best to gain asian fans :)

Game always been like that. If anything kilay made it calmer with white att/def level. They stay up to regain ball quickly instead of rushing to defense and they take more time in build up. Maybe it's because of opposition tactics? But i agree, game is still kinda end to end but it sure isn't because of kilay or gameplay patch

Thanks! TBH, with 2018 I really didn't enjoy it so I played very little of the vanilla game. Usually play a Season (not ML) bc I find less scripting, will give ML a shot with these mods. Thanks

Thanks! TBH, with 2018 I really didn't enjoy it so I played very little of the vanilla game. Usually play a Season (not ML) bc I find less scripting, will give ML a shot with these mods. Thanks

I felt the same. Since 2015 i hadn't been that disappointed in a pes. Bought it, played a month and stopped.

But Kilay made PES great again ahah
Now i'm having a blast and the love is back.

I suggest playing with bad teams from more obscure leagues like south america, L2, Serie B, China etc. Try Libertadores, AFC. The gamplay is better with small teams, pace is lower, blunders happen, you can find space in opposition box, more midfield battles, misplaced passes, controls.. keepers are not pulling insane saves 5 times a game.. It's all licensed so have fun and praise kilay (a lot) and gameplay editors :)

I'm sick of this pay to win bullshit. We just finished playing some idiotic game in co-op mode... We're with Chelsea, regular Chelsea.. they with some ridicules team with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Modric, Aguero, Hazard, T.Silva, De Gea, De Bruyne, Boateng and most of them were 90+, Messi Ronaldo Hazard Neymar 95+ and hole the game they just were spamming long passes and... that is.. they were unstoppable.

I'm sick of this pay to win bullshit. We just finished playing some idiotic game in co-op mode... We're with Chelsea, regular Chelsea.. they with some ridicules team with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Modric, Aguero, Hazard, T.Silva, De Gea, De Bruyne, Boateng and most of them were 90+, Messi Ronaldo Hazard Neymar 95+ and hole the game they just were spamming long passes and... that is.. they were unstoppable.
Maybe it's time to play offline dude :)

That's why I avoid Myclub and FUT. I just played a FUT match today, because I finally found a player lol. Everyone in opponent's squad were 85/ 90+ and my team was 50/60 lol. Got completely destroyed, opponent scored 11 goals lol.

same happens with PES 18 too, and the game already has 1 second delay in player movement, that+ online lag [which is more than FiFA] makes movement delay like 2/2.5 seconds. Always loose online match.

So its best to play offline.

Maybe it's time to play offline dude :)
Why ? Maybe it's time this pay to win - gambling shit to be kicked out of gaming? And Konami should work to integrate opponent search filters!

For the first time since PES 6 I'm playing SO MUCH online mode and its... fun, the lag is OK and now I should stop because Konami wants to make easy money, right?
The meaning of sports games, football games, at least for me is the game with friends, the multiplayer. Of course I sometimes want to play ML, League, but in general, I want to play co-op or multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom