PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

Its not just the stadium but that pushes the game to be unplayable for me. The lack of fouls, the poor masterleague with terrible transfers. The soft headers, the bad player switching, no proper stamina system, no proper injury system, no proper training system, no proper development system all these thing I can put up with but to have to play the most important cup final in that shithole just ahh. These things might be hard to implement but if so they need to either invest more into it or get staff that are more capable of fixing it. But its like your point of the cup matches why not just give us the option to choose
You're right there are many wrong bad things with this game that need to be fixed but also many good imo.If there was something better i would play it but the other game although it has some very good elements it gives on my nerves even more than pes failures so i stick with pes.I play on -1 speed and i love the realistic pace and fluidity and that you can feel the weight of players and heavy ball movement.I can't stand the softness and the ballete puppet no weight feel of the other game.Also i play with parham_w_ball and the ball physics and stamina system is better.

Those are the only things? Not the complete failure of defensive positioning and offensive awareness that makes a mockery of the sport and reduces the game to a cartoon based on football? Just watch the highlights of Liverpool-Man City from today and pay attention to the team shapes on both sides of the ball, then compare that to this game and how attackers run straight toward the goal with no awareness of the defensive line while their markers brainlessly run alongside them and keep them onside.

It's that pathetic AI from PES 2012 all over again. A complete joke by Konami.
If you compare it with a real life match and you expect from the game to be 100% accurate with what you see you will never be satisfied.This thing that you say it happens but not all the time.I've seen many times the attacker making a run and being called off-side and defenders didn't follow them.I noticed that if you put tight marking then the defender follows the attacker and keep them on-side so i stopped using that and now i rarely see these things.We must remember that it's a game and to implement real life football logic to it it's not as simple as we may think sometimes and actually it's pretty damn hard if you think about it.All games have flaws and we will never see a super realistic football sim game for many reasons so we must enjoy what we have.Surely it has many issues that have to be improved but it also has many good elements and it's nowhere near a complete joke.

After 4 months my main disappointment with PES 2018 in terms of gameplay is in players positioning and non-existant battle for the midfield. All teams are too stretched out on the pitch.

Oh and fouls, or... the lack of.

I can overlook the rest (licenses, game modes, presentation, no Team ID, etc). But those two things have been so off-putting for me.

If you compare it with a real life match and you expect from the game to be 100% accurate with what you see you will never be satisfied.This thing that you say it happens but not all the time.I've seen many times the attacker making a run and being called off-side and defenders didn't follow them.I noticed that if you put tight marking then the defender follows the attacker and keep them on-side so i stopped using that and now i rarely see these things.We must remember that it's a game and to implement real life football logic to it it's not as simple as we may think sometimes and actually it's pretty damn hard if you think about it.All games have flaws and we will never see a super realistic football sim game for many reasons so we must enjoy what we have.Surely it has many issues that have to be improved but it also has many good elements and it's nowhere near a complete joke.
I'm obviously not asking for 100% realism. But what everyone of us SHOULD expect is a game that stays true to the BASICS of the sport. Otherwise it's not a simulation; it's a cartoon. The kind of AI positioning I'm looking for is already in PES 2017. There is no excuse for it to be so much worse in a game that's supposed to be an improvement to that game!

As I've said before, this is a problem with the yearly release model. The gaming companies know they can't release their best possible game on the current engine in one year because then they'll have no sales pitch for the next year's product. So they keep holding back certain things and only release them gradually as "improvements" until the current engine has run its course and a new engine is coming up for the next series. This is why PES 2017 was one of the best PES games ever. They weren't trying to hold anything back in terms of AI because they knew PES 18 would be released on a new engine with brand new graphics and animations.

They have already said PES 18 is the first in a supposed "trilogy" so I can promise you they will hold back their best on this engine until PES 2020 when a new engine is coming up.

In the meantime, people like us are stuck with incomplete games most years and only ONE great game every 4-5 years. I would much prefer Konami change their sales model to a subscription service like FIFA is thinking of doing. PES costs something around $60 brand new. I'll gladly pay that price in $5 installments every month if it helps Konami not hold back on their features like this. The subscription model will be win/win for us and them. People will only get to play if they subscribe, so Konami gets to make money consistently and they'll have no reason to hold back their best from the players.

Right now I can't take his game seriously. You can't call a sports game a simulation when the players so often behave in ways you would never see in real life. A defender that constantly blows the offside line and keeps his attackers onside would never make it even as an amateur player. A keeper that won't come out to close down a counterattacking forward would never make it in professional football. Yet these things happen all the time in PES 18. They could be easily fixed with a simple AI upgrade, but it's up to us to make Konami understand they're not dealing with a bunch of kids who only care about pretty boots and tattoos.

Last edited:
Guys, someone could like it someone not: i'm playing with Nesa's app "Gameplay" module setting "Player Reaction" to 4,670.
I'm still testing it as it gives some little side effects (defenders or Gkeepers sometimes miss the ball).
Obviously you can avoid it increasing the Player Reaction index (maybe 4,7 is the safe threshold for it), but i'm trying to obtain the less reaction possible, as it affects positively to some CPU cheat, as it's more more easy to Mark the opponents, CPU misses the most of long balls and ball controls, and especially about centers: no more rate 1 cross/ 1 headed goal ... as many crosses are too long or too high as in reality.
You can have less "missed ball" due to increasing some stats as GK's explosive power, CB's and Low Wings "jump", and so on... so there is a good margin to work, just have a bit of creativity.
I'm feeling very good with it, Superstar mode, 20 minutes games (i would like to increase) and "24000" speed using Nesa's App but i have very personal settings and stats and i don't think it could be interesting to share it with you (i love slow pace long long games, very defensive), so i don't know if you can feel the same.
Anyway: try to decrease "player reaction" the more you can, testing it with vanilla gameplay or other exes or dt18s ... and let me know.
I'm really having fun (and have more fouls than usual), just still fighting with other minor issues... as Keeper own goal... i have a very dirty style on playing, so i do often mistakes like this on 0:35 :

Last edited:
Guys, someone could like it someone not: i'm playing with Nesa's app "Gameplay" module setting "Player Reaction" to 4,670.
I'm still testing it as it gives some little side effects (defenders or Gkeepers sometimes miss the ball).
Obviously you can avoid it increasing the Player Reaction index (maybe 4,7 is the safe threshold for it), but i'm trying to obtain the less reaction possible, as it affects positively to some CPU cheat, as it's more more easy to Mark the opponents, CPU misses the most of long balls and ball controls, and especially about centers: no more rate 1 cross/ 1 headed goal ... as many crosses are too long or too high as in reality.
You can have less "missed ball" due to increasing some stats as GK's explosive power, CB's and Low Wings "jump", and so on... so there is a good margin to work, just have a bit of creativity.
I'm feeling very good with it, Superstar mode, 20 minutes games (i would like to increase) and "24000" speed using Nesa's App but i have very personal settings and stats and i don't think it could be interesting to share it with you (i love slow pace long long games, very defensive), so i don't know if you can feel the same.
Anyway: try to decrease "player reaction" the more you can, testing it with vanilla gameplay or other exes or dt18s ... and let me know.
I'm really having fun (and have more fouls than usual), just still fighting with other minor issues... as Keeper own goal... i have a very dirty style on playing, so i do often mistakes like this on 0:35 :

Ehi Takeshi, where can I find this gameplay app? I don't know if I'm getting confused, but in Nesa's topic I only see the camera one..

Hi mate, i suppose that downloading the app you could get the Gameplay module.
Anyway, here is my own one:
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/QKo3iOof/file.html

Let me know if you need some suggestions to use it, but it's very simple:
put it in the Nesa's app Profiles do you want.
Decrease the gameplay speed if you want it faster or increase it if you want it slower (24300 is slower than 23000, for example).
And decrease the Player Reaction if you want less reaction (it overrides a little bit the CPU script in my opinion, but it also has collateral effects with defenders or Gkeepers errors).

Hey fellas! I'm new to this great forum - there are lots of super insights and discussion. I have been playing on PS4 but recently got a new PC and look forward to trying out PES on it.

Is there a really good resource for camera and gameplay mods?

- Better physical battles (more "friction" and "fighting")
- Improved AI
- Cameras that are not too zoomed out or too zoomed in

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hey fellas! I'm new to this great forum - there are lots of super insights and discussion. I have been playing on PS4 but recently got a new PC and look forward to trying out PES on it.

Is there a really good resource for camera and gameplay mods?

- Better physical battles (more "friction" and "fighting")
- Improved AI
- Cameras that are not too zoomed out or too zoomed in

Thanks a lot for your help!
Cameras - try nesa's app. Gameplay mods - I have found zero (none) that don't do anything that cannot be attributes to session to session variances in gameplay. IF the modified dt18 files do anything at all (highly debatable) the effect dissipates after a few matches. If you do find one that works - please let me / us know!

I'm obviously not asking for 100% realism. But what everyone of us SHOULD expect is a game that stays true to the BASICS of the sport. Otherwise it's not a simulation; it's a cartoon. The kind of AI positioning I'm looking for is already in PES 2017. There is no excuse for it to be so much worse in a game that's supposed to be an improvement to that game!

As I've said before, this is a problem with the yearly release model. The gaming companies know they can't release their best possible game on the current engine in one year because then they'll have no sales pitch for the next year's product. So they keep holding back certain things and only release them gradually as "improvements" until the current engine has run its course and a new engine is coming up for the next series. This is why PES 2017 was one of the best PES games ever. They weren't trying to hold anything back in terms of AI because they knew PES 18 would be released on a new engine with brand new graphics and animations.

They have already said PES 18 is the first in a supposed "trilogy" so I can promise you they will hold back their best on this engine until PES 2020 when a new engine is coming up.

In the meantime, people like us are stuck with incomplete games most years and only ONE great game every 4-5 years. I would much prefer Konami change their sales model to a subscription service like FIFA is thinking of doing. PES costs something around $60 brand new. I'll gladly pay that price in $5 installments every month if it helps Konami not hold back on their features like this. The subscription model will be win/win for us and them. People will only get to play if they subscribe, so Konami gets to make money consistently and they'll have no reason to hold back their best from the players.

Right now I can't take his game seriously. You can't call a sports game a simulation when the players so often behave in ways you would never see in real life. A defender that constantly blows the offside line and keeps his attackers onside would never make it even as an amateur player. A keeper that won't come out to close down a counterattacking forward would never make it in professional football. Yet these things happen all the time in PES 18. They could be easily fixed with a simple AI upgrade, but it's up to us to make Konami understand they're not dealing with a bunch of kids who only care about pretty boots and tattoos.
All technology companies follow this strategy.They never release the best they can because then they'll have nothing to release in their next update.I don't think that having a monthly subscription will solve this.I prefer to pay once a year like now and don't have to subscribe anywhere.

I personally find PES 18 much better than 17.Less arcady,more fluid,better player models,better graphics(i'm on pc and 17 was last-gen) and in general better in every aspect.I remember most of the teams in 17 just spamming long balls from defenders to attackers all the time.Now at least they try to play some football.I see the problems you describe in 18 but not constantly as you say.It happens sometimes but it's not gamebreaking for me,i don't know maybe because i don't overanalyze it so much.AI surely must improve furthermore like many other aspects,but i don't think it can be done so easily with just a simple upgrade as you say.Super realistic AI and positioning is the most difficult part to be addressed and we will wait some years i think to reach a point where every player out of the 22 on the pitch will behave himself very realistic and smart.And maybe we will never reach that level.

Biggest issue for me is that the movement,physics and shooting still remain stiffer than it should be.It must become more flexible but without losing it's weighty feel which i like the most.But Fox Engine is a stiff engine in general so i don't know how much improvement we can expect with it.We'll have to wait for a new engine to see actual big changes in gameplay.Still i like the game and prefer it to anything else.I really try to like Fifa and play it sometimes but just can't past that Fifaish no weight soft feel and many other issues that it has and always return to PES 18.

Anyone live in japan can review that is it possible to find game with good ping here?
PES 2018 is not published on PC in japan, and you must you different region steam account to play this game here

Hello Guys.

I hope I can find help here. A few days ago I decided to update everything that was in Windows Update, which is around 90 updates. (Windows 7 SP1 Home 64 bit). After this operation, Pes stopped working. The game normally runs, I can normally enter the menu and move around it, but if I want to play a match then it crashes me to the desktop. I have reviewed several topics on Steam with a similar problem, but I have not found a solution yet. I would like to add that everything was fine before the updates.

I am asking for urgent help.

Hi all!

I would like you the test the Incas' "parham_w_ball" file with a little tweak that gave me the first penalty with Pes2018 (Thanks God, Mohamed, Buddah and Anubi!!!)
And also more CPU fouls than usual!

http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/asTwgF4z/file.html

Since Pes2016 i was quite skeptic about dt18 utility.
I've always felt the work on it like kind of "disposable", 'cause it seemed to me that the changes was effective only for 1 or 2 games, than something would have been ovewritten by the "vanilla" settings.
That's why i still set on "read only" the dt18, the PES2018.exe and the EDIT file.

Anyway... Parham and Incas work gave me good sensations about gameplay changes, i opened the "parham_w_ball" and tweaked the "press.json" just activating the "delay type", (changing it from "0" to "1").
Call it Placebo, call it a "bug of Konami bugs"... but i had a Penalty for the first time (Superstar level, Master League).
So it really seems that the "delay type" really works in the defender's tackle timing, giving him that little delay that increase the possibility that he doesn't reach the ball in time, so: FIIIIIIIIIIII: foul!!!

I have a terrible doubt that this legendary "delay type" could be maybe a setting of lower levels applied to Superstar and Legend modes, so maybe from "Top Player" down it's imperceptible, but anyway... test it and let me know!

This is "press.json" translated, so I honestly doubt you got that penalty because of that tweak. But I might be wrong...

Anyway, whenever you're sniffing around in pes-files, use notepad++ and use encoding->character sets->japanese and translate it with google translate. At least you get some idea what the settings are.

Code:
/// @class auto
// Configuration options
{
    //----------------------------------------------
    // 基本データ (Basic data)
    "frontDist" : 1.5,
    "frontDistWidth" : 1.5,

// 0:ボール方向 or 逆方向で距離調整    (Distance adjustment in ball direction or reverse direction)
    // 1:スティックの倒し具合で調整 FIFAタイプ    (Adjusted by the tilting condition of the stick FIFA type)
    "delayType" : 0
}

This is "press.json" translated, so I honestly doubt you got that penalty because of that tweak. But I might be wrong...

Anyway, whenever you're sniffing around in pes-files, use notepad++ and use encoding->character sets->japanese and translate it with google translate. At least you get some idea what the settings are.

Code:
/// @class auto
// Configuration options
{
    // 基本データ (Basic data)
    "frontDist" : 1.5,
    "frontDistWidth" : 1.5,

// 0:ボール方向 or 逆方向で距離調整    (Distance adjustment in ball direction or reverse direction)
    // 1:スティックの倒し具合で調整 FIFAタイプ    (Adjusted by the tilting condition of the stick FIFA type)
    "delayType" : 0
}

:SHOCK:my friend, are you trolling me? :LMAO:
Yes of course, i read it "press.json" so i know it's about press.
I think it's quite logic that the lack of collisions / tackles it's partially due to a weaker pressing of the Cpu, especially compared to 2017 pressing...
The more aggressive is the pressing , more often you would have collisions in the field.
But it could be even better if all the CPU tackles could be a bit "delayed", causing more fouls.
That's 'cause i've activated that "delay".
Then i esperienced that i had more fouls with the default setting.
But the general feeling is that dt18 doesn't work, or maybe doesn't affect the gameplay at 100%, probably it influences more the lower levels, but in Superstar the CPU scripting is too strong, so the AI cheating overrides every sort of customization of the gameplay.
Just like an actor that tries to give a personal effort to the conversations, adding words to make it more realistic, but the old dirty Director stops him ordering him to follow the script.

Last edited:
I think to move my efforts to another game , in the case i'm talking about D:OS 2
(here the Steam page).

I just dream that Konami one day could realize a tool like this one and give the same support that the Larian devs are giving.
This is the way to make a game of success, give tools to expand your experience as you like.. this software house provide tools and a lot of videos that explain anythings in details , Konami was never be interested to support the modding .
And above all RPG have ever been my main addiction, so a friendly users moddable CRPG was in my dream for years.
And now that happened, so i'm sorry to move on but i can't resist to this amazing world

just one video to explain what i mean ,this is what any software house should do

A great game needs longevity, modding/editing is the key to do that and also take a branch of the best modders on the web usually open new horizons/ideas to the devs. This year probably is the first attempt of Konami to have a bilateral discussions with the users, trying to resolve some request.
I'm just laughing when i see announcement about the new Legend 'Romario'
Come on something like that it's ridicolous when the most of people have him on their offline OF (over any platform)
They just focus on Online (bucks) and never put the same efforts to the offline part.
Btw a kickstarter campaign (like the PoE /Torments/DOS1&2 KS campaign have did ) could be a way to force them to give us what we have requested , not after 3/4 year without give a fucking betatesting and always releasing undone products.

and here docs and a lot of info/forum for modding and so on

https://docs.larian.game/The_Divinity_Engine_2

I think to move my efforts to another game , in the case i'm talking about D:OS 2
(here the Steam page).

I just dream that Konami one day could realize a tool like this one and give the same support that the Larian devs are giving.
This is the way to make a game of success, give tools to expand your experience as you like.. this software house provide tools and a lot of videos that explain anythings in details , Konami was never be interested to support the modding .
And above all RPG have ever been my main addiction, so a friendly users moddable CRPG was in my dream for years.
And now that happened, so i'm sorry to move on but i can't resist to this amazing world

just one video to explain what i mean ,this is what any software house should do

A great game needs longevity, modding/editing is the key to do that and also take a branch of the best modders on the web usually open new horizons/ideas to the devs. This year probably is the first attempt of Konami to have a bilateral discussions with the users, trying to resolve some request.
I'm just laughing when i see announcement about the new Legend 'Romario'
Come on something like that it's ridicolous when the most of people have him on their offline OF (over any platform)
They just focus on Online (bucks) and never put the same efforts to the offline part.
Btw a kickstarter campaign (like the PoE /Torments/DOS1&2 KS campaign have did ) could be a way to force them to give us what we have requested , not after 3/4 year without give a fucking betatesting and always releasing undone products.

and here docs and a lot of info/forum for modding and so on

https://docs.larian.game/The_Divinity_Engine_2

Sadly true...
I would like you to forward this message to Konami...
And i really hope you'll never give up on modding Pes, everyone plays with your patch and your mods knows why..

A great game needs longevity,

I'm in 100% agreement with you, but from Konami's perspective, an annual game needs to sell. The unfortunate truth is that there's very little incentive for Konami or EA to offer us robust modding tools if they're looking to sell a new and "improved" game every fall. Konami allows just enough to enhance the experience from a visual/licensing standpoint, and the PC modding scene for FIFA is essentially dead in the water (compared to past iterations) thanks to the mighty Frostbite Engine.

Just an aside, but they didn't even do the legwork (confirmed by Nvidia moderators on their forum) to allow their game to be compatible with Geforce Experience this year. What does that mean? It means I can't play this game co-op via Experience Share. If they can't even do that, then I have zero hopes they'll ever offer us substantial modding tools.

It's only going to get worse for each respective title as the focus shifts even harder to the online side of things.

Last edited:
Hello guys! long time no post here.. can someone give me a light?

So im thinking about getting this for pc but i wonder if my machine can hadle it at least on 1080p with regular settings(no lod enhacer or such)

My current pc(lap top) is this:

i7 3630@2.4ghz
Geforce GTX 660m
16gb ram
windows 10

should i be able to run it? I got the lite version but game is totally unplayable, lagging, not evan 40fps..

Anyhelp is appreciated since ill only buy it if i can run it at 60fps

Ah, i imagined that... my laptop is pretty old (2012, it was incredible back than)... i just thought it could be something i was doing wrong, but i guess its time to upgrade the system than. Thanks for the reply
Really too old.. Don't wast your money

All technology companies follow this strategy.They never release the best they can because then they'll have nothing to release in their next update.
All games aren't released every single year, or they have entirely new environments and challenges that become the game's selling point. Call of Duty can make each game unique by changing the settings. But Konami and EA release a new football game with the same teams and leagues and players every single September. If they give us the best they have this year, how are they going to sell a new "improved" version next Fall? They hold back intentionally, and they know most of their customers are kids who are more worried about stadiums, boots and tattoos.

Ultimately, you either understand the basics of this sport or you don't. I remember when I was a lot younger and I didn't care about much beyond boots and stadiums. But a game can't call itself a SIMULATION when the teams don't hold the basic shape you would see even in 3rd division matches. The way the defenses in PES 18 constantly blow their own offside line, or the way keepers just stand on the goal line and wait for a breaking striker to come to them one-on-one... these are things you only see in Sunday pickup games. PES 18 has better animation, graphics and ball control compared to PES 17, but 17 did a better job respecting the basics of football. Konami made those three things the selling pitch for this year's game, so it's only natural that they lag in other areas which will be "improved" in PES 19 and 20.

I'll make this prediction right here. We won't see the best Konami has on the Fox engine until PES 20 when the "trilogy" is over and they're ready to move on to another engine. And a lot of those improvements they already have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom