PES 2018 BETA Discussion Thread

Hey guys, can someone add me on the PS4 evo-web group. I can't find 1 person that doesn't quit after I score a goal against them.

Had a great game on manual , I was using advanced shooting..i won 1 nil and saw loads of good little detail and animations. Game was super responsive and balance of the game perfect..only niggle was the advantage rule is still poorly applied ..if the AI plays decent this is an instant buy and I'm going to stop reading all little whines about the game as I like it

it looks pretty lifelike sometimes
love it :ROCK:

giphy.gif

Is it possible to create sort of like a group, when the full game is out, called Evo-Web?
Like Evo-Web-PC. Evo-Web-PS4. Evo-Web-XONE. And so on? So we can play against each other and only add people that won't quit and play a certain way?.
Please setup Evo-Web-PC group, after reading all comments here, really can't wait to play some quality games with you guys here

I found out that you can customize your camera settings when you pause the game. Finally they put it in online matches. Good stuff.

Oh dear my Twitter feed is awash with people hating fhe defending part of the game. It seems we have been spoilt by holding down R1+X. Now that a defender ca get skinned alive if he commits to tackle and misses people are saying the defensive game is broken.

I hope Konami don't nerf it now and make it easier because of this.

Couldn't disagree with you more about removing jockeying being a good thing. As is, there's no decent way defend a cross coming in when an attacking player reaches the byline.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that they will bring catch-up bug again in the release to rectify the issue instead of giving more response and more controlled defending. If that's the case, I will not buy PES 2018. One of the major part of football is the pace which you can easily tell if someone has more than others. I don't want Mertesacker to catch up with Bale as it's going to ruin my immersion. So no buy if catch-up bug get's introduced again.

After finish download the beta, wait for like 6-9 minutes to get a match.. When it start, it's lag and quit after the 1st half end.. Wish they released a demo instead a online beta to fully enjoyed and play the new game..

Growing on me, had a few more games today. Still think that defending/defenders are disadvantaged compared to attacking players.

Now the annual wait to see how different the full game is to the demo/beta/build #73563

Having so much fun defending in this game. The amount of freedom and unexpected things that happen makes it challenging and rewarding.

I have get to think that the amount of defensive mistakes that we saw in some videos came from poor tactics plus not defending correctly. I'm actually having more troubles attacking than defending.

Having so much fun defending in this game. The amount of freedom and unexpected things that happen makes it challenging and rewarding.

I have get to think that the amount of defensive mistakes that we saw in some videos came from poor tactics plus not defending correctly. I'm actually having more troubles attacking than defending.

Me too I'm great at defending but attacking is my weak part.

After 6 years my first post here. Played the beta for two days about 30-40 games and I am suprised that only a few users here mentioned the horrible and unchanged shooting on auto or even semi auto. For me it kills the whole game again as PES 2017. Where do I start?

- Rocket shoots. No matter which player you pick
- You have three outcomes when you shoot: The keeper catches the ball, goal or the ball goes centimeters near the post. The first and third scenario kills so many good opportunities to score a goal and its doesn't matter if your player is well positioned to the goal. There is zero feedback for the player to make it better next time.
It gives many new players to stay in the game even they have no chance in the offenence. Sometimes they are able to score some crapy goal via header or pingpong in the penalty area and at the end you have 10 shoots on goal and they only one.
- Nearly zero situation when the ball goes over the bar - wide range shots or shots in the penalty area.
- Using R2 for curly shots is worthless because for the keeper its even easier to catch the ball

The most important part of a football game lacks variaty and it makes no fun to miss a chance after chance because of that.

Last edited:
Oh, just had my first game using manual passing. That was a bit good.

My opponent was also using manual passing and I had turned off Similar Level. Sweet.

A bit too slow. Defense is very concerning. I like the subtle movements of players, but feels distant (FIFA like) not as responsive as you typically get from PES. Too early for me to be overly critical-since I tend to play offline--HOWEVER, I'd be disappointed it feels so unresponsive and slow on final build. I actually liked PES 17 on PC with patches.

Growing on me, had a few more games today. Still think that defending/defenders are disadvantaged compared to attacking players.

Now the annual wait to see how different the full game is to the demo/beta/build #73563
i hope very different.

So, that Manual Passing, eh? It's pretty damn good.

Below is a video not primarily seeking to highlight how slow you can make the game; neither is it looking to show how responsive, aware and most importantly compliant the game is to the use of manual passing mechanics.

Anyway, I don't even score here...

I'm using this video as means to motivate myself to JUST STICK WITH THE MANUAL PASSING.

Man that we moment of play felt good right up until the finish, but even then I kind of liked how I ballsed the placement on the shot using Advanced Shooting. Sort of. I guess I like that even the shot was down to me with regards to placement. Everything else though? Everything else felt brilliant to execute. It just felt like I was playing football on my terms.

The guy who I played beat me 2-0, and he was a PA1 or 2 with some Manual Modifer use and actually a good wee opponent as they seemed to appreciate what I was doing. I personally think there are plenty PA players who want just a good game of football like us on here, so when they see you are a dude who wants similar there is this mutual respect that seems to be shown. I've experienced it a fair few times with some matches in this beta, even when I'd been using PA passing myself; made a point of just sending a "well played" or "good game" message to a few players.

I can't explain exactly why but I am not feeling too bothered by other players assistance levels. If anything, my first couple of matches I found myself getting annoyed at what I thought I was facing but really, I think the PA passing was annoying me a bit. PA1 is still pretty good, it should be said, but I simply haven't got to complete grips with it, hence the switch to manual to see how it faired. I thought I should at least give it a go, if only to take a break from some building frustrations in last few games. That video is an exert from only my second game using Manual Passing in this beta. I thought it would be better regarding responsiveness and overall weight to manual passing, but I wasn't expecting such a better feeling of control in trying to position a player to meet a pass; simply and smoothly being able to correct my movements so as it didn't feel like I was wrestling for control over the recipients movement from the coding, for want of a better word.

This game has some serious potential.

Does anyone have a copy of the beta that I could download? I don't own a PS4 or an Xbox, so can't download from the stores. I just want a copy so I can start digging through the CPKs.

Seriously people disconnect from an online beta when they are losing?!
Yeah, I've seen a couple too. In a 3 vs. 3 match we went down to 3 vs. 1 because, when we scored, two of our opponents had the great idea of ragequitting at once.
Props to the guy who decided to hold out until the end (he eventually also equalized).

Last edited:
I played a lot of guys last night using France who's main tactic is to get the ball to Greizmann and dribble past everybody and curl it in . .plan B is to lay it off to Pogba for a rocket shot . .. . long shots are way too easy to score, I had two goals outside the box that went straight at Lloris but still went in over his head .. .defending is easy not many seem to score against me. . .it's definitely geared towards using the most skilful players to dribble and score a "wonder" goal. . . .team play being used up to a point then pass it to the Superstar and the more players they can dribble past the better they think the goal is.

Ok i played one game

I was winning 2-0 before the connection died.

Connection was awful. Cant really take anything from it.

Anyone here in North America have some solid games. Maybe all connections in Canada are shit

I'm in US and I've not had any lag in games. I'm playing the UK PS Store version

I had to give up on the PA 0 filter as I couldn't find any opponent, and I've just had an awful match against a guy that went full-on manhunting and ping-pong passing all the match (my guesses are he was using 'gegenpress' and 'tiki-taka' as tactics). I could somehow resist during the first half but crumbled and conceded three in the 2nd period, two of which after the 85' mark.

Despite this I feel it was my fault for conceding the first goal (overly confident in trying to dribble his oncoming Neymar and Paulinho with only Koscielny: Neymar dispossessed me with ease and had a free run at goal), and then well I crumbled at the end trying to score the equalizer. It's been frustrating, but it gave me the same impression that the PES 2015 demo gave to me: if you concede, it's because you've most likely done something wrong. Then we can discuss about how easy is to be caught out of position when your opponent plays laserguided 1-2 passes and/or tiki-taka all the match, but it's still you who got caught off guard after all.

i played a bunch of matches, no lag at all. I have 200mbit down/ 20mbit up and settings at level 5, it's briliant!!!
I wondered how the numbering worked as I don't normally play online..5 is best ? I have 100meg so I'll try that although might be stretching asking for that and manual passing

One game I had and won last night had 2 mins overtime ..if went to 97 mins die to him camped outside my box ..fergie time

Keeping your head cool when defending is so rewarding, not rushing in, stop passing lanes etc. Please don't nerf this down Konami!

Also, I like PA1, mixing it up wirh L2 manual passes is really nice

Glad to read that player switching is better in newer versions. Bit off now att makes defending harder.

Has anything been said if this Beta is a older version of E3 or is it the E3 version?

Last edited:
Can someone help me understand what I'm missing. I play with no pass assistance, as I do in FIFA and the past PES games I've had, and the ball doesn't feel like it's going where I want, or with the power and pace that I thought I had put.

Also, I know many will like the pace of this beta as it lends itself to a higher skill ceiling, but it feels much too slow when compared to it's real life counterpart. I know it's a debate amongst all sports games communities (realism vs skill vs fun), but I tend to fall in the realism side of things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom