PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Really?! :CONFUSE:

I don't want to turn this into a debate thread, but... I'm three-quarters of the way through a Master League season and I repeatedly find that I'll press the shoot button and the player will keep on running just long enough to run into the defender. Even when defending, I can press the clearance button on the edge of my own box, and he'll take so long to kick it (if there's an opponent nearby) that he'll run into them (and start a stumbling animation that takes 2-3 seconds to stop), or hit the ball against them and give them a golden opportunity.

This is one of the things I hoped had improved...

Well obviously you'll be able to make your own opinion on the game.

But honestly for me pes 2017 is less responsive than pes 2016. I want to make it clear that I don't mean in a negative way, it's as I described, players feel as if they have actual weight, and momentum, and the first touch is more pronounced than it ever was in 2016 and 2015.

From my short playtime I honestly won't be able to return to 2016.

Mate, I can't put the controller down.

9 (or 10? lol) and counting!

Highlights from my Arsenal v Atletico game. 4-1. 4 goals in one game after 6 goalless games!

https://twitter.com/Lami_Z/status/768073573852262400

first goal, the aerial challenge looks fantastic, especially from the reverse angle. second goal, love the instant reaction and emotions from the whole team as the ball goes in, then in the highlight after that the AI misses by miles with a shot from out the box. OMG

Well obviously you'll be able to make your own opinion on the game.

But honestly for me pes 2017 is less responsive than pes 2016. I want to make it clear that I don't mean in a negative way, it's as I described, players feel as if they have actual weight, and momentum, and the first touch is more pronounced than it ever was in 2016 and 2015.
Eeek!

I don't mind it being less responsive in situations where the player needs to stop and turn etc., as long as it isn't less responsive where there's no reason for the player to take an extra 3-4 steps.

Have you never felt cheated by the response in 2016? If you did (but it sounds like you didn't), have you felt anything similar in 2017?

I updated the post you quoted to include a video of a CPU cheat where my player stopped running for no reason whatsoever to allow their player to get the ball - are you not seeing anything where you're losing control like this?

I'm really hoping that with the work that's gone into the AI, all that stuff has been put to bed.

Last edited:
0 goal in 2 games, many faults from AI (4 fault and 2 yellows against france who's playing very agressive)
2 fault against Atlético but the tactic was very different, waiting for counter. You can really feel strategy.

At least the att/def balance is truely there, AI is very challenging and i find it hard to find a good postion shoot well, on superstar.

But level 1 passing is the same assistance as PES 2016 sadly, even there's many more interceptions.
Shooting feels different btw, less precise in general.

In terms of general feeling while controlling you can compare it to PES 2016, but not the way you need to play and what's happen on the pitch, match scenario are totally different. AI and first touch control (slowing down players while dribbling) are the key

Last edited:
I just love how nothing feels cheap so far.

Yeah from the clips you've shown, defense looks sharp, I really really like that, so your saying you never encountered a moment where the AI defense backed off or ran away from you to create an easy oppurtunity yeah.

I was just going to wait for it to hit NA, but the girlfriend is heading out so...

NZ account it is.

Yeah from the clips you've shown, defense looks sharp, I really really like that, so your saying you never encountered a moment where the AI defense backed or ran away from you to create an easy oppurtunity yeah.
Thankfully not one.

Just sneaked away from my desk to watch those highlights Lami, love the overhead kick and love the CPU missing the target! Also love the goal you scored where Giroud hit a really powerful half-volley across the keeper and into the net, the physics of it look just right (and really satisfying).

Maaaan.

I thought of leaving office early, but wifey went out with the kids and I don´t have no key!!!
Daayyyuuummm!
Really thinking of trying to use my credit card trick on the door....but...nnaaahh....it´s just a game god dammit!

Nice videos Lami!

Eeek!

I don't mind it being less responsive in situations where the player needs to stop and turn etc., as long as it isn't less responsive where there's no reason for the player to take an extra 3-4 steps.

Have you never felt cheated by the response in 2016? If you did (but it sounds like you didn't), have you felt anything similar in 2017?

I updated the post you quoted to include a video of a CPU cheat where my player stopped running for no reason whatsoever to allow their player to get the ball - are you not seeing anything where you're losing control like this?

I'm really hoping that with the work that's gone into the AI, all that stuff has been put to bed.

Yes I've seen what you showed in your video in pes 2016, I'd imagine that's the equivalent of rubber banding in racing games, Konami implement things like that to make the game exciting.

I've had that in the box on pes 2016 when I've pressed L1 to switch to a player and they've suddenly frozen on a spot momentarily to prevent me from clearing the ball.

I want to clarify what I mean when I've described pes 2017 as less responsive, I just mean in terms of the traditional way of pes games cutting an animation to prioritise you passing, so one touch passing can look like ping pong.

In pes 2017 players take a first touch, and the better players take a better first touch and can then pass the ball quicker. Also comparing pes 2016 and fifa 16 would you agree that players feel like they have more weight in Fifa than they do in PES 2016? Well the players in pes 2017 feel like they have more weight, more akin to Fifa than pes 2016, where players felt light, floaty and arcade in my opinion.

With regards to what you've mentioned I've not come across it, but I likely will as that sort of thing has been in every pes game to an extent.

Honestly going by your posts, and what sort of football game you like, I think you'll love pes 2017, it's like a hybrid of pes and fifa. It really feels so good.

On another note, I've attached a picture to show that I have no bias, and actually own and play all the games I comment on (I even recently downloaded pes 2015 to compare). As there are always people who make comments but don't even own or have never played the games, which isn't constructive.

20160823_142644.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff Pretty, great to read positive but objective reviews of the gameplay. That's what I'm after, personally.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Lami, those highlights look really good!

Please people, upload more of the highlights for poor PC players, like myself.

Mate, I can't put the controller down.

9 (or 10? lol) and counting!

Highlights from my Arsenal v Atletico game. 4-1. 4 goals in one game after 6 goalless games!

https://twitter.com/Lami_Z/status/768073573852262400

Man, if you are having that much fun, then I will also enjoy the game a lot, as your views are usually very similar to mine.

It makes me happy seeing old members like you having fun with a PES game again.

Another year, another disappointment.

This is exactly PES 2014.3. The same robotic, unrealistic gameplay, 16 directional dribbling is still there :DOH:. Passing, crossing, shooting is like bullet of .44 Magnum. Fouls? Only on my side. Of course always yellow or red card due to unrealistic collisions and animations. PES stuck between 2006-2007 and is still there, today 2016 and will be there for another 5 or even 10 years.

It will always have some deluded fanboys but it is not helping PES.

Maaaan.

I thought of leaving office early, but wifey went out with the kids and I don´t have no key!!!
Daayyyuuummm!
Really thinking of trying to use my credit card trick on the door....but...nnaaahh....it´s just a game god dammit!

Nice videos Lami!

is what we keep telling ourselves but its moments like these that proof otherwise.:D

At first it gives you PES 2016 feeling globally, in passing terms...
But after 1 minutes of playing, on superstar level, feels totally different to create an opportunity to shoot.
AI is really challenging, video's we'll see before with easy scoring are probably played on top player or normal.

Ah yeah, try to run with Mertesacker lol, you can feel the limits.
Passing is easy, playing it is easy, but create opportunity with direct play/key passes you'll need players like Ozil for example.
And the same for scoring (even find space to shoot).

Stats matters.

Great stuff Pretty, great to read positive but objective reviews of the gameplay. That's what I'm after, personally.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

I think you're going to love it.

I don't think you're going to be able to go back to pes 2016 after playing the demo.

To anyone else that hasn't played it, the videos don't really do the game justice, it might be a bit cliché, but you really need to play it for yourself to understand how different it feels to the previous next gen entries.

This is as close to a "simulation" as pes has come in a long time. While pes has had depth to the gameplay, the gameplay itself being so arcade hasn't really helped. I also find PES 2017 requires much more build up play, whereas in 2016 it was possible the majority of the time to go end to end quickly, as if you were playing basketball.

PES 2017 has really changed it up. I also personally never found player individuality that noticeable. If I'm honest I found Fifa 16 had more, e.g I can feel someone that is less agile, has better passing etc. On PES 2017 the difference is immediately noticeable, you can even tell the players that have a better first touch, someone like Griezmann feels much more different to Giroud, in pes 2016 that difference is nowhere near comparable.

Last edited:
Another year, another disappointment.

This is exactly PES 2014.3. The same robotic, unrealistic gameplay, 16 directional dribbling is still there :DOH:. Passing, crossing, shooting is like bullet of .44 Magnum. Fouls? Only on my side. Of course always yellow or red card due to unrealistic collisions and animations. PES stuck between 2006-2007 and is still there, today 2016 and will be there for another 5 or even 10 years.

It will always have some deluded fanboys but it is not helping PES.

Yup

At first it gives you PES 2016 feeling globally, in passing terms...
But after 1 minutes of playing, on superstar level, feels totally different to create an opportunity to shoot.
AI is really challenging, video's we'll see before with easy scoring are probably played on top player or normal.

Ah yeah, try to run with Mertesacker lol, you can feel the limits.
Passing is easy, playing it is easy, but create opportunity with direct play/key passes you'll need players like Ozil for example.
And the same for scoring (even find space to shoot).

Stats matters.

sounds fantastic!!! :APPLAUD::TU:

is the demo out in the US store? I can't find any demos, why is the store so hard to navigate to find things?

Back
Top Bottom