PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

now my fucking usb drive isn't working again.

Formatting from mac for this thing is a nightmare. Can anyone remember the disk utility settings to get it to work?

.. I think ive gone nuts.. full circle style...
Been playing Winning Eleven 14: Ak Samuri (ps3) and been loving it despite the lower resolution. Then I recently gave Pes16 (ps4) a go.. just couldn't get into it.. reaction time great, smooth as butter animations etc, but just those ANIMATIONS - Players all looking hunched when they run, with their knees too close to their stomach's if that makes sense. Now I know this may sound strange..but I went back to pes2015 (ps4), and holy shit... I actually really liked it. Is it me..or are the animations better than pes16, ie. the standing and running animations. Im also talk about player physics looking better than 16 and its hard to put a finger on why. The players look more realistic - ie. how they stand and run, and their build. The players in pes15 definitely aren't as hunched as pes16, and actually look good...kind of closer to pes14. Its just that pes14 and pes16 have more animations (variation) than 15... Also ive noticed another thing... Pes 15 just feels so much HEAVIER than pes16.. ie. it has more of the "PES" feel.. you know.. that heavy more sim like feeling. Anyways, full manual on pes15 is amazing. Don't know who or why the hunching animations were introduced to pes16 but that has really bugged me of late..Pes 15 also has decent refs :) Oh I have to add that pes15 does overall look simpler graphics wise.. ie. shading etc... pes16 shines here...pes15 also doesn't quite run as smooth as 16... but boy do I enjoy it more... weird.. whats next!!!

Last edited:
Been playing Winning Eleven 14: Ak Samuri (ps3) and been loving it despite the lower resolution. Then I recently gave Pes16 (ps4) a go.. just couldn't get into it.. reaction time great, smooth as butter animations etc, but just those ANIMATIONS - Players all looking hunched when they run, with their knees too close to their stomach's if that makes sense. Now I know this may sound strange..but I went back to pes2015 (ps4), and holy shit... I actually really liked it. Is it me..or are the animations better than pes16, ie. the standing and running animations. Im also talk about player physics looking better than 16 and its hard to put a finger on why. The players look more realistic - ie. how they stand and run, and their build. The players in pes15 definitely aren't as hunched as pes16, and actually look good...kind of closer to pes14. Its just that pes14 and pes16 have more animations (variation) than 15... Also ive noticed another thing... Pes 15 just feels so much HEAVIER than pes16.. ie. it has more of the "PES" feel.. you know.. that heavy more sim like feeling. Anyways, full manual on pes15 is amazing. Don't know who or why the hunching animations were introduced to pes16 but that has really bugged me of late..Pes 15 also has decent refs :) Oh I have to add that pes15 does overall look simpler graphics wise.. ie. shading etc... pes16 shines here...pes15 also doesn't quite run as smooth as 16... but boy do I enjoy it more... weird.. whats next!!!

No man, not just you. I do like pes 2016 and still play it but I can not help it not get back to pes 2015, on PS4. I am one of the few who think that this game is brilliant, offline and on full manual. I like the animation more, player models, passing feel, game pace. there are more mid field battles and game is tighter. If only the visuals were better and there is a way to do image kits I would be really happy playing just pes 15 version. If I can dress up this game like pes 2016 it would really good. Also, speaking of how smooth the game is compared to pes 16, when i adjusted game speed on default (0), it's actually quite smooth

Last edited:
Can't understand why Konami give very low stats to players and teams in lower divisions like Serie B. I know teams that are there a long time are going to be weaker but some of the ratings of players are in their 50's, it doesn't seem to take into account that some strong teams in Serie A can get relegated but surely they shouldn't become weaker because they went down a division.

As for scripting in League mode it's too heavy handed . . ..If it's programmed to win 6-0 you can't stop it and it won't allow you a shot on goal sometimes . . .nonsense.

I think PS3 versions have better gameplay than the PS4 ones. The best PES games so far in gameplay are WE 2014 Aoki and PES 2016 on PS3. PES 2016 on PS3 doesn't have the problem with animations of PS4 version. Animations are realistic and players are not hunched. Animations are more contextual than PS4 version. CPU AI is way better than PS4 version. PES 2016 on PS3 is an 'evolution' from WE 2014 Aoki. PES 2016 on PS4 is a different game. I think the way for Konami to make a great sim is to improve from the PS3 gameplay.

No man, not just you. I do like pes 2016 and still play it but I can not help it not get back to pes 2015, on PS4. I am one of the few who think that this game is brilliant, offline and on full manual. I like the animation more, player models, passing feel, game pace. there are more mid field battles and game is tighter. If only the visuals were better and there is a way to do image kits I would be really happy playing just pes 15 version. If I can dress up this game like pes 2016 it would really good. Also, speaking of how smooth the game is compared to pes 16, when i adjusted game speed on default (0), it's actually quite smooth

Good to see others sharing the same view. And yeah, I actually play on default (0) speed...its so much slower paced (more realistic) than 0 on pes16. Pes16 is definitely quite a bit faster.

It's not weird aussiepesfan, many here (including me) agree that pes 2016 overall is a step back from pes 2015. I'm currently also playing my ML on PES 2015 and on PES 5.

Good stuff. Will give ML a go on pes 2015.. cheers

I think PS3 versions have better gameplay than the PS4 ones. The best PES games so far in gameplay are WE 2014 Aoki and PES 2016 on PS3. PES 2016 on PS3 doesn't have the problem with animations of PS4 version. Animations are realistic and players are not hunched. Animations are more contextual than PS4 version. CPU AI is way better than PS4 version. PES 2016 on PS3 is an 'evolution' from WE 2014 Aoki. PES 2016 on PS4 is a different game. I think the way for Konami to make a great sim is to improve from the PS3 gameplay.

Interesting!! I remember you saying this before, or it may have been someone else - ie. saying ps3 version of pes16 was better. I will give it a go, thanks. Btw, I bought WE2014 Aoki, also because of your recommendation earlier in the thread (I think it was you), and im so glad I did. For me, its an amazing game :) Probably my fav of the next gen pes/we. Mind you, ive just been getting into pes2015 again :)

Is the free We/pes2016 myclub edition for ps3, same as retail version??. I did dl it some time ago.. and I think you could pic all the teams, but only had one or 2 stadiums to choose from. Or should I actually purchase the retail version?? any preference between we2016 and pes2016 for ps3, or are they the same like ps4 version??

Sorry to say guys I find it just as bad on PS3 and PS4. I'm not gonna mention the faults as they have been mentioned so many times in this thread.

Having said that, some still like the game. Each to their own ;)

Interesting!! I remember you saying this before, or it may have been someone else - ie. saying ps3 version of pes16 was better. I will give it a go, thanks. Btw, I bought WE2014 Aoki, also because of your recommendation earlier in the thread (I think it was you), and im so glad I did. For me, its an amazing game :) Probably my fav of the next gen pes/we. Mind you, ive just been getting into pes2015 again :)

Is the free We/pes2016 myclub edition for ps3, same as retail version??. I did dl it some time ago.. and I think you could pic all the teams, but only had one or 2 stadiums to choose from. Or should I actually purchase the retail version?? any preference between we2016 and pes2016 for ps3, or are they the same like ps4 version??

Yes, I recommended WE2014 Aoki, is a great game. It's a shame that some critics and users were so unfair with this title. WE 2014 Aoki is my favourite PES game with PES 2016 PS3 versión. I play both games. PES 2016 has improved over WE 2014 Aoki gameplay, but Aoki has better graphics.

I don't know about MYCLUB Edition. Now PES 2016 with Euro DLC on PS3 price is 20 Euros / 25 dollars, I recommend you to buy this versión. Now, with last patches on Winning Eleven 2016 and PES 2016 there's no gameplay differences.

The game, players run, opponent runs, too often feel frantic.

I'm playing on PS3. I think this happens with all PES series games. We players must learn to use less the run button. I always play 30 min games and this lenght is the best way to have the feel of a real match, with different fases.

When defending players use the run button, CPU players start to run and the game become frantic. It's better to run on defense only when necessary, this is the way to control better the stamina of your players and have your team with more strenght in the last minutes of the game. When the CPU team is losing their players try to take possession of the ball and make more goal opportunities, then like in real life the winning team has to control the game, making long possesions and be focused trying to not make mistakes to minimize the chances of the CPU team to win the match.

I think PES is the game that best captures the feeling of the different fases during a match.

I'm playing on PS3. I think this happens with all PES series games. We players must learn to use less the run button. I always play 30 min games and this lenght is the best way to have the feel of a real match, with different fases.

When defending players use the run button, CPU players start to run and the game become frantic. It's better to run on defense only when necessary, this is the way to control better the stamina of your players and have your team with more strenght in the last minutes of the game. When the CPU team is losing their players try to take possession of the ball and make more goal opportunities, then like in real life the winning team has to control the game, making long possesions and be focused trying to not make mistakes to minimize the chances of the CPU team to win the match.

I think PES is the game that best captures the feeling of the different fases during a match.

I think what you're saying is spot on. I have learned to not keep holding down the run button. PES let you control the pace of the game, you run less and contain, opponent run less and the game slows in pace, or the opposite. Also, I've noticed that tactics impact the game pace as well. When you set your player to "Many" on attacks and defense the whole game tend to be crazy because all players run forward when attacking and back to defend.

Any news on PES17? I wont be buying PES again until there is major improvement and with Fifa, ill wait to see if its any different as the last few havent been that much different. Certainly not £40 worth of difference.

I sold PES16 after a few weeks - and I dont get as much time to play Fifa.
If it wasnt for kids playing Disney and Star Wars id probably sell PS4.

Last edited:
You guys got me trying Pes 2015 again and Im loving it. I think the gameplay is less scripted and more balanced between attacking and defending.

I think the 'new' collision system in Pes 2016 is the main reason. The collision system is too overpowered. So to compensate, goalkeepers are worse, animations are worse, refs are worse and the AI doesnt miss any shots (comparatively speaking).

I agree the animations of players look better and more natural in Pes 2015. To balance Pes 2016 , Konami introduced more scripting and more unrealistic elements compared with Pes 2015.

During gameplay Pes 2015 looks the same to me, I just loaded my sweetfx settings and looks just like Pes 2016. Spent 3-4 hours updating rosters , kits, and creating Ronaldinho for my team. Tonite I can actually play again. :)

I think what you're saying is spot on. I have learned to not keep holding down the run button. PES let you control the pace of the game, you run less and contain, opponent run less and the game slows in pace, or the opposite. Also, I've noticed that tactics impact the game pace as well. When you set your player to "Many" on attacks and defense the whole game tend to be crazy because all players run forward when attacking and back to defend.
Yes. You're right about tactics. In ML when I'm winning a game with an advantage of 2 or more goals I make substitutions to avoid injuries and I change the tactic using Few players on attack and adjusting Defensive Compactness to control the possession and the pace of the game. I'm always trying yo keep up stamina in my players, the season is very long.

Enviado desde mi SM-G361F mediante Tapatalk

GUYS i wont spoil anything but saw some promising stuffs in Konami's online Editor when i looked up a specific player! ;)

Are you a data editor or are you saying this based on the leaked screenshots shown by a data editor few weeks ago?

I wouldn't give it too much importance, i saw several interesting datas, but it could also be just used to fill database fields, but never used ingame.

Well the positions were promoted like this:

Face Editors

Do you want to be part of the PES face editing team? If you are a passionate football fan and think you have the knowledge and expertise to create incredible likenesses in the in-game face editing tool, then make sure you apply to join the team. Your work could help to make PES the most accurate and visually impressive game on the market.

Club Editors

If you are more passionate for the statistical side of the game, apply now for the chance to make sure every detail makes it onto the game. Each player should perform in-game like they do in real life out on the pitch, so if you think you can break down a player’s unique style and attributes, as part of calculating their overall skill; apply now to be part of the team.

So take a guess guys what i can see in the editor. But i would still wait how the game is in general. It got me intrested anyways.

have they finally got Gabor Kiraly in traccies?

Then nothing....

Are you a data editor or are you saying this based on the leaked screenshots shown by a data editor few weeks ago?

I wouldn't give it too much importance, i saw several interesting datas, but it could also be just used to fill database fields, but never used ingame.

I am a data editor and if i have to divide the info in two then i would say the first part will be defo in there and thats the more important trust me, the second part im not sure and if it will be in there still unsure how it will work but it looks intresting and its nothing like FIFA has.

Once the demo is open for public i will reveal it bc im not even sure they will go into such details just talk about the game in general. Is it at E3?

Last edited:
tattoos ?
beauty spot ?
muscles ?
arms/legs hair ?
adam's apple ?
hair color on specific part ?
new beards ?
salt and pepper hair ?

gabe.paul.logan, I know you can speak with Konami guys about the edit mode, can you ask if Konami can made edited kits less shinny please ?

Last edited:
Faces Editor is an important but i would like a thousand times to have some info about a Club Editor. There is so many mistakes i can't count.

Like wrong foot, height/weight 180cm 80kg, players with very weird attributes like finishing + curve at 80, wrong stats taken from old PES...
Also so many players with "4/4" on wrong foot which is the maximum, here's an explanation:

-People take old PES stats, they see "4/4" rate for the wrong foot, but it was rated on 8 (the maximum so)

-For some players, they convert directly stats from older PES to new, but litteraly...
If normally a player have a "old" 4 on wrong foot, it should be converted as a 2 as the Weak Foot rating is now on a 1-4 rating but no...
The player will be given a good "4" so the maximum value (like he's ambidextrous) which is a big mistake of conversion

PES prod also need to create an "easy" system a bit like fifa based on height/weight to rate not well known players at least accurately.
Before, youngsters who haven't played a single game (so, impossible to rate approximatively) wasn't in game, but since PES 2015 they've got "permission" to put the whole roster.
The result is: there is 4 sets of attributes (for strikers, for midfielders, defenders, gks) and if a "never seen on the pitch" player figures on the club roster, he will be given that "basic set" of attributes, with a result of 59 OVR.

So many players with that particularity have exactly the same sets. Well it's understandable since no one have seen them playing, but i prefers to not see them at all (like old school PES) than gives them "basic/standard" value

Check here for CF, 59 Overall, same stats for everyone http://pesdb.net/pes2016/?attacking...ass=57-57&finishing=68-68&place_kicking=62-62

Having an healthy database is primary to have an healthy sports game

Last edited:
tattoos ?
beauty spot ?
muscles ?
arms/legs hair ?
adam's apple ?
new beards ?
salt and pepper hair ?

gabe.paul.logan, I know you can speak with Konami guys about the edit mode, can you ask if Konami can made edited kits less shinny please ?

i dont have such influence :OOOH:

tattoos ?
beauty spot ?
muscles ?
arms/legs hair ?
adam's apple ?
new beards ?
salt and pepper hair ?

You can tweet Asim about this since he's a Konami man now.

Back
Top Bottom