PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yes i saw that FB post in our group aswell but we made some suggestions strictly regarding our work, the faces. I particulary suggested to make all the Special Hairs available for the edited faces just like in old times.

I also wanted to suggest some changes in the stats but i cancelled to make a post since i dont want to spam in our work group.

Btw they said they discuss new additions later this year, whatever that means.

One thing altough im really missing and its a bit of concern now for me.

Btw im trying to work my ass off, also do quality work as much as the editor allows it, barely sleep for weeks now but im having fun :D now im getting whole squads to update their faces. Ill post a player list later so u can bash me for their crapy faces and their inaccurate accessories once the game is out :D

Last edited:
I have to disagree Pes 2016 nails the simple things. Shooting is absolutely overpowered and that first goal shows that.

A 40 meters rocket launched from Podolski, without the need to adjust the player body. It simply shots (it's not even at full power) and the ball has no physics variation at all, the trajectory is just a stright line to the goal.

Ball travels during passing as a steel ball, not as a football. No ball little jumps between passing, just simple strings of passing betweet one player and another.
That is obviously played on assisted, but the problem is even on assisted Fifa doesn't show these ugly passing and shooting.

Fifa 16 is now the game where even assisted you have to care about player position, you can't simply shoot to launch a rocket shot. Ball bounces more in Fifa 16 and it gives the game a more organic and realistic feeling.

Look, for example, at the passing at 2:12, do you see how unrealistically fast and styraight that pass is? That's one example, but i could point several others in just this match.

Adam talks about ball movement, how they calculated each touch and all.Me say developers must improve ball physics just like in NBA2K games then we will have close to real soccer game play.Against CPU , all loose balls are won by the Computer. And all headers Frm computer are accurate again the com player wins most tackles without animation to touchthe ball.We really deserve improvements on next version.

Anyone know when the June update drops? Surely it'll drop the first week of June so they can get the new kits in the game before the tournament starts.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Can we expect any official news about Pes 2017 before e3 ?

I dont have much good expectations for pes 2017, but Im curious about what they have been doing and what is their focus on the new game.

I wish Pes 2017 was what Pes 2011 was back then, something really new and fresh, something that looks and plays different from what we've been playing (pes2016/pes2017), but unfortunetly I find extrmely hard for this to happen.

It seems to me wether Konami dont care all that much about Pes anymore or they just find its good enough on the current state. I think its a bit of both, and since they already found an easy way to get money (MyClub), they wont put much effort.

Last edited:
The gameplay quality imo in overall will increase in a sim way, have some doubts about shooting and keepers tho. But i hope they prove me wrong once the demo is out.

Also curious about that full body scan feature we saw in 2015 will be invented this year or not.

The gameplay quality imo in overall will increase in a sim way, have some doubts about shooting and keepers tho. But i hope they prove me wrong once the demo is out.

Also curious about that full body scan feature we saw in 2015 will be invented this year or not.

to be fair it can't not increase as sim as its nothing like a football sim as it is

I wish Pes 2017 was what Pes 2011 was back then, something really new and fresh, something that looks and plays different from what we've been playing (pes2016/pes2017), but unfortunetly I find extrmely hard for this to happen.

I wish that too, but I highly doubt it unfortunately, since it seems they finally got what they were aiming for all along, throughout this whole generation with PES 2016. PES 2014 was a clumsy, slow-witted, attempt at what they had in mind. Then they polished it a little bit with better results for 2015 but with 2016 they sounded/looked pretty satisfied. Like THAT was how they would have wanted PES 2014 to be, but couldn't for whatever reasons.

IMHO 2017 will have lots more animations, better balls physics and improved collision system. Specific body types for a few stars like Neymar (with tattoos and all), more options. Revamped Master League, and a great new interface/menus (Finally).

Can't see graphics getting any better with the way they're using FOX ENGINE honestly. So maybe a few new options like actual dynamic weather and little nice details.

Based on the progression from PES 14 to PES16, it's very hard to be optimistic about KONAMI's understanding of the fundamentals of football, which made their celebrated PES 4-6 titles stand out.

They have A LOT of ground to make up.

to be fair it can't not increase as sim as its nothing like a football sim as it is

Precisely. It can't get much more arcade than 2016 at this point.

I was speaking with Suff from WENB/NGB last week about the development of football games. Konami has been building PES ass backwards for quite sometime.

The core fundamentals of football should come first and then add different elements and ideas almost like layers to a cake. However Konami have it all backwards. Which is why the majority of non-casual PES fans I speak with struggle to accept current PES because they understand the fundamentals that made PS2 PES great immersive and addicting are flawed.

I have spoken with some peoples (once again NOT Adam or Asim) who have played early code whose opinions I trust, the game is much improved in a lot of areas but it still feels like current gen PES which I guess is to be expected in a one year dev cycle. Take that as you will. I know people bitch and moan about the "code" talk but I have been told that the majority of mo-capped animations that should improve the realistic look and feel of the game have not been fully implemented into a build yet. Which I believe is true considering half the budget this year for PES 2017 was dedicated to mo-cap and animations which clearly should change the visual look and feel of the game IMO.

Precisely. It can't get much more arcade than 2016 at this point.

I was speaking with Suff from WENB/NGB last week about the development of football games. Konami has been building PES ass backwards for quite sometime.

The core fundamentals of football should come first and then add different elements and ideas almost like layers to a cake. However Konami have it all backwards. Which is why the majority of non-casual PES fans I speak with struggle to accept current PES because they understand the fundamentals that made PS2 PES great immersive and addicting are flawed.

I have spoken with some peoples (once again NOT Adam or Asim) who have played early code whose opinions I trust, the game is much improved in a lot of areas but it still feels like current gen PES which I guess is to be expected in a one year dev cycle. Take that as you will. I know people bitch and moan about the "code" talk but I have been told that the majority of mo-capped animations that should improve the realistic look and feel of the game have not been fully implemented into a build yet. Which I believe is true considering half the budget this year for PES 2017 was dedicated to mo-cap and animations which clearly should change the visual look and feel of the game IMO.

Well, taking into account their 3 year cycle history (PES 08-10, 11-13, 14-16), we're due a new look and style for PES 2017.

I just hope it both looks and plays like real football.

I couldn't care less about all this code talk now. Enough of it. Let's not keep doing the same. Done to death every year since 2007. I think 9 years is more than enough. Just focus on what's happening with the new game, what's new, what plans are there for it etc. Good build up until the demo is out, and then we can decide for ourselves.

Last edited:

This is the most important thing. I don't want another Pes with unrealistic elements in gameplay. Pes 2016 was too unrealistic to be considered a football simulation.

Yes, I recommended WE2014 Aoki, is a great game. It's a shame that some critics and users were so unfair with this title. WE 2014 Aoki is my favourite PES game with PES 2016 PS3 versión. I play both games. PES 2016 has improved over WE 2014 Aoki gameplay, but Aoki has better graphics.

I don't know about MYCLUB Edition. Now PES 2016 with Euro DLC on PS3 price is 20 Euros / 25 dollars, I recommend you to buy this versión. Now, with last patches on Winning Eleven 2016 and PES 2016 there's no gameplay differences.

What's the difference between WE Aoki 2014 and regular PES 2014, in terms of gameplay/mechanics?

Well, taking into account their 3 year cycle history (PES 08-10, 11-13, 14-16), we're due a new look and style for PES 2017.

I couldn't care less about all this code talk now. Enough of it. Let's not keep doing the same. Done to death every year since 2007. I think 9 years is more than enough. Just focus on what's happening with the new game, what's new, what plans are there for it etc. Good build up until the demo is out, and then we can decide for ourselves.

Where is the like button for this post!? Spot on, sir.

What's the difference between WE Aoki 2014 and regular PES 2014, in terms of gameplay/mechanics?

PES 2014 was released 19 september 2013 and Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai no chousen 22 may 2014. Aoki has J-LEAGUE and Japan Road to World cup.

Aoki gameplay is slightly better, slower pace, controls more responsive and shooting is more accurate, I think this game has one of the best basic shooting system in the series. If you press square the power bar is raising until you stop pressing, this is normal shoot. If you do exactly the same but you press square again you have knuckle shot. If you combine this with R2 controlled shots, you have 3 types of shooting, different levels in the power gauge and you can curl shots or make chip shots.

In PES 2016 basic shooting is refined, you have PES 2014 options and more, you can shoot higher if you press the opposite direction you are facing. In basic passing you can put higher long passes the same way. Once you get used to it you can put the ball everywhere.

I think PES basic shooting controls are great and offer almost total freedom.

PES 2014 was released 19 september 2013 and Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai no chousen 22 may 2014. Aoki has J-LEAGUE and Japan Road to World cup.

Aoki gameplay is slightly better, slower pace, controls more responsive and shooting is more accurate, I think this game has one of the best basic shooting system in the series. If you press square the power bar is raising until you stop pressing, this is normal shoot. If you do exactly the same but you press square again you have knuckle shot. If you combine this with R2 controlled shots, you have 3 types of shooting, different levels in the power gauge and you can curl shots or make chip shots.

In PES 2016 basic shooting is refined, you have PES 2014 options and more, you can shoot higher if you press the opposite direction you are facing. In basic passing you can put higher long passes the same way. Once you get used to it you can put the ball everywhere.

I think PES basic shooting controls are great and offer almost total freedom.
You can do hard low shots on this by pressing triangle after you charge the shot bar

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

.. ive been playing Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai no chousen for a few months, and I have to say the ball physics are also much better than pes15, and definitely pes16. In WE2014, ground passing bobbles along ground naturally, and shooting feels just right.. (although some say its a bit overpowered), the ball movement in the air looks more natural. Also, the actual kicking sound enhances the sim like shooting... sounds so much more realistic than pes15/16. I suggest even those with pes2014 to have a go at free training mode, full manual, to have some shots at the keeper etc... for me it really feels very realistic in comparison to any other PES/WE game. BTW, how awesome are the knuckle shots.. amazing.. the shoot button + the square (as the bar fills up).. only gripe is that only certain players should be able to do this..not all...
Also love the low shooting.. ie. the triangle instead of square...

I'm relaying to fans what I was told don't be a dickhead and shoot the messenger

I wish that too, but I highly doubt it unfortunately, since it seems they finally got what they were aiming for all along, throughout this whole generation with PES 2016. PES 2014 was a clumsy, slow-witted, attempt at what they had in mind. Then they polished it a little bit with better results for 2015 but with 2016 they sounded/looked pretty satisfied. Like THAT was how they would have wanted PES 2014 to be, but couldn't for whatever reasons.

IMHO 2017 will have lots more animations, better balls physics and improved collision system. Specific body types for a few stars like Neymar (with tattoos and all), more options. Revamped Master League, and a great new interface/menus (Finally).

Can't see graphics getting any better with the way they're using FOX ENGINE honestly. So maybe a few new options like actual dynamic weather and little nice details.

Yeah, I have the same feeling.

I also think that Pes 2016 is what Konami wanted to produced for a long time and they certainly think that the game is good enough and just needs some adjustments here and there.

Lets see what pes 2017 will bring to the table. Unfortunetly I have the feeling that we wont see any important gameplay feature that at least sounds ambitious, like "dynamic unique touch" or some shit like that, where every touch on the ball can be different.

The game is not bad but its clearly ridiculously basic in some area. Ambitious features on gameplay mechanics, thats what we need from Konami, but I honestly think they dont even have the passion and great motivation to think about implementing anything ambitious.

considering half the budget this year for PES 2017 was dedicated to mo-cap and animations which clearly should change the visual look and feel of the game IMO.

Is this true about the budget? I hadn't heard this

There is no way in hell Konami will redo PES again in 2017, it's going to be PES 2016 plus a few fixes here and there.
And honestly that's a good thing.

Fix the refs, new FK/penalty system and improve passing/shooting.

There is no way in hell Konami will redo PES again in 2017, it's going to be PES 2016 plus a few fixes here and there.
And honestly that's a good thing.

Fix the refs, new FK/penalty system and improve passing/shooting.

And tone down the ridiculous scripting on Superstar . . 5-0 down by halftime by an ordinary or much weaker team is shocking . . ruins the game. Definitely need a lot of variation in shooting as most people have highlighted and fouls and penos.

PES 17 needs to bring individuality back in a big way. I remember the old days when you would be in a cup match and rest your big players. You would then bring them on in 2nd half and the imapct would be obvious when they were on the ball. Things like that dont happen now as they are all capable

Back
Top Bottom