PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I hope they will improve the offline ML, too!

They're on a very good way! :)

I just remember something about the PC Version when people was trying to safe their asses to play the My Club with no cheaters and people like to close the game in the middle of the match.
But i have a idea to resolve the problems of all fans in general.
Konami need to remove the online issues from the offline game.
And release 2 different games.
One for people who like to edit the game and play offline, and other to play online for free to everyone, except those people didn´t buy the game need to pay 5 Euros to acess if you don´t like the offline mode. :))
For the consoles need to be the same.
The online version is avaliable only throw DLC.
The offline version is a normal Retail DVD.
For PC users need to activate the key.

Last edited:
B
I'm relaying to fans what I was told don't be a dickhead and shoot the messenger

Telling you to quit the silly code talk as a moderator is being a dickhead? I even went so far to give you my reasons. I'm telling you enough of this code talk. Is 9 years not enough? What good has it done? We've had enough of it here. Let's talk about what actually matters.

PES 2014 was released 19 september 2013 and Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki Samurai no chousen 22 may 2014. Aoki has J-LEAGUE and Japan Road to World cup.

Aoki gameplay is slightly better, slower pace, controls more responsive and shooting is more accurate, I think this game has one of the best basic shooting system in the series. If you press square the power bar is raising until you stop pressing, this is normal shoot. If you do exactly the same but you press square again you have knuckle shot. If you combine this with R2 controlled shots, you have 3 types of shooting, different levels in the power gauge and you can curl shots or make chip shots.

In PES 2016 basic shooting is refined, you have PES 2014 options and more, you can shoot higher if you press the opposite direction you are facing. In basic passing you can put higher long passes the same way. Once you get used to it you can put the ball everywhere.

I think PES basic shooting controls are great and offer almost total freedom.

Wait, so this Aoki's gameplay is different from the regular PES14 with the final update patch? :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

PES14 is my favorite in the series also. Though I've played manual settings from 12 through 16, so my experience with shooting mechanics will be different from yours. I remember the low shot triangle button modifier, that's about it. Basic controls never felt like it had freedom for me, that's why I ended up in manual.

There are lots of features I miss from that game, so I'm curious how different Aoki14 is, compared to the final update of PES2014. The final update was actually pretty memorable.

B

Telling you to quit the silly code talk as a moderator is being a dickhead? I even went so far to give you my reasons. I'm telling you enough of this code talk. Is 9 years not enough? What good has it done? We've had enough of it here. Let's talk about what actually matters.

My apologies. The dickhead comment was uncalled for and disrespectful.

Thing is I'm not inventing the code talk so what is it you want me to quit? I heard things from people I trust. I share what I can with fans that I hope doesn't get anyone working for or alongside Konami into trouble or jeopardize my relationships with them. I am just the messenger passing along what I am hearing instead of sitting on it. If code talk is what I am hearing, whether you like it or not I can't change what I am hearing. And personally I don't like the code talk either. It always made things sound like the game was going to get better and it never did. If you don't want me to pass along what I hear on these boards no worries buddy

PES 17 needs to bring individuality back in a big way. I remember the old days when you would be in a cup match and rest your big players. You would then bring them on in 2nd half and the imapct would be obvious when they were on the ball. Things like that dont happen now as they are all capable

I'm with you. The lack of individuality is one of the main reasons I haven't been able to get into ML for awhile. There needs to be gaps between class players, really good players, good players, average players and poor players. I shouldn't be able to do the things I can do with Messi with a good player like say Willian. Willian is a good player and compared to Messi he has similar pace and agility but nowhere near the technique, goal scoring prowess, shot accuracy, passing and consistency as Messi yet in PES 2016 I can do all the same things with Willian that I can do with Messi if that makes sense?

I want to get back to having that feeling that I NEED to buy the best players because of how much better they are and how much more they will improve my team.

You guys got me trying Pes 2015 again and Im loving it. I think the gameplay is less scripted and more balanced between attacking and defending.

I think the 'new' collision system in Pes 2016 is the main reason. The collision system is too overpowered. So to compensate, goalkeepers are worse, animations are worse, refs are worse and the AI doesnt miss any shots (comparatively speaking).

I agree the animations of players look better and more natural in Pes 2015. To balance Pes 2016 , Konami introduced more scripting and more unrealistic elements compared with Pes 2015.

During gameplay Pes 2015 looks the same to me, I just loaded my sweetfx settings and looks just like Pes 2016. Spent 3-4 hours updating rosters , kits, and creating Ronaldinho for my team. Tonite I can actually play again. :)

I'll take that back, Im back to Pes 2016. The player response and flow is much nicer. Off-the ball player movement is not as good as Pes 2016, but it's mainly the better sensitivity of Pes 2016 that I like. I found Pes 2015 to be more clunky and not as much freedom for my player movements. I also noticed better individuality of players in Pes 2016.

Looking forward to Pes 2017 !

I'm with you. The lack of individuality is one of the main reasons I haven't been able to get into ML for awhile. There needs to be gaps between class players, really good players, good players, average players and poor players. I shouldn't be able to do the things I can do with Messi with a good player like say Willian. Willian is a good player and compared to Messi he has similar pace and agility but nowhere near the technique, goal scoring prowess, shot accuracy, passing and consistency as Messi yet in PES 2016 I can do all the same things with Willian that I can do with Messi if that makes sense?

I want to get back to having that feeling that I NEED to buy the best players because of how much better they are and how much more they will improve my team.

This. :WORSHIP:

I remember back in the PS2 days going nuts trying to block players like ADRIANO or ETO'O from receiving the ball, because once they got it, you were bound to get your ass punished. You knew you had to be aware of the actual KEY players. Nowadays it's like... every player can achieve pretty much the same results. It's all down to small players versus bigger players. Tevez, Aguero, Messi are just as good as Willian, Neymar or Hazard. Whilst Higuain is as good as Benzema or Lewandoski. You can't really tell the difference apart of what they look like.

It's all about stats and animations (responsiveness, timing, transitions, quickness in the movement).

That's why every now and then I have to go back to PES 2013 to get that uniqueness back from certain players. It's rewarding.

Last edited:

My star players make a huge difference to my team performance. I think Konami do very nice with this. However, there is always room for improvement.

My apologies. The dickhead comment was uncalled for and disrespectful.

Thing is I'm not inventing the code talk so what is it you want me to quit? I heard things from people I trust. I share what I can with fans that I hope doesn't get anyone working for or alongside Konami into trouble or jeopardize my relationships with them. I am just the messenger passing along what I am hearing instead of sitting on it. If code talk is what I am hearing, whether you like it or not I can't change what I am hearing. And personally I don't like the code talk either. It always made things sound like the game was going to get better and it never did. If you don't want me to pass along what I hear on these boards no worries buddy

I'm not saying you can't hear whatever you want. That doesn't make sense. I'm just requesting you don't mention it here. That's all. This code talk has been done for a decade now and it added nothing to the discussion; in fact it was always made fun of. I believe no one here will take that bit of code information seriously. It will actually remind us of the same old negative history we've been through. For a decade the gameplay and visual differences between codes hardly existed; if anything gameplay became worse from beta to demo to retail. That's why it doesn't resonate well with us.

I just want a PES 2013 with new graphics and animations.. If not than pes 2016 with fixed referees, AI defense, fixed AI shot variety, fix team spirit implantation, and bring back pes 2015 pass assistance, then it will be ok.

I'd really like for Konami to take the scripting away. I dont remember it in the PS2 days but in PS3 era and recent PC I always felt it had it (I recall it was pretty bad on '13). That completely breaks the game for me... and in the process I break a few controllers.

As i mentioned before that i see some exciting stuffs in the online editor, i rather asked the project leader about sharing anything of that and when may i.

Please do not reveal anything we work on.
We have no info about E3.
There will further parameter adjustments before release.

Thats totaly understandable as it may misslead you guys. There are mainly three things, one im sure about and its about reinventing something that have been removed before, the second one is still questionable how will it work ingame but adds to the player ID and also indicates that Konami is working on some of the weekspots of the game, the third one is mainly speculation but its pretty obvious what it could be but i have no idea why that would be in there, "no use" just adds to the immersion.

Based on the progression from PES 14 to PES16, it's very hard to be optimistic about KONAMI's understanding of the fundamentals of football, which made their celebrated PES 4-6 titles stand out.

They have A LOT of ground to make up.

The problem is the opposite.

the fundamentals are nailed down, there is just very little there which is the issue.

The game is far too basic so PES 2017 will show if there is any proper depth being build up on the game.

The million dollar question is all on the tron running.

The problem is the opposite.

the fundamentals are nailed down, there is just very little there which is the issue.

The game is far too basic so PES 2017 will show if there is any proper depth being build up on the game.

The million dollar question is all on the tron running.

Let's say the bare fundamentals (kicking with inside the foot, versus outside the foot passes ala WE8). However, there is a lack of understanding the proper ball awareness of common sense play. Such as, perfect passing, no loose-ball mechancis, no poor touches, no physicality. Granted, it's not as bad as the effectiveness in PES 15 tactics, but you're right - there is very little and is basic, at best.

Get back to making the ball a separate entity. Meaning, create the variances of ball physics and separate it from the connection of player's contact range.

It's been a lot worse in the past (see PES 2008), however there needs to be some drastic adjustments to this engine and the potential it brings. I know you want to work your magic with the tactics, and I can't wait to see it unfold. I just hope it's given a chance, and a priority.

I'd really like for Konami to take the scripting away. I dont remember it in the PS2 days but in PS3 era and recent PC I always felt it had it (I recall it was pretty bad on '13). That completely breaks the game for me... and in the process I break a few controllers.

I agree with you el niche .. . scripting is ruining it for me on Superstar. It's absolute fuckin nonsense, I'm playing as lazio in league mode Serie a and in my first season and the scripting is hell bent on relegating me to the Serie b. I have the tactics spot on when facing most teams and it makes no sense in what happens in the matches. I usually have way more attempts on goal than the opposition and then get beaten by outrageous scripting. I nearly smashed the Ps3 with a hammer the other day.

Blatant pulling of defenders out of the way and then when my forwards are clean through on goal all of a sudden they turn into a shuffling Grandad and can't run or shoot. Some of the stuff defies the laws of physics. I played a match yesterday and couldn't believe what I was looking at .. . a very weak side attacked and had six players around my penalty area and when I cleared it out to the wing to attack they had nine players back in their box and just outside it. It was like they teleported to the other end of the pitch.

When the script says 6-0 to the opposition theres nothing you can do about it even if you're the better side. Surely scripting can be done in a more clever way than this and throw up a goal at the end for it to win instead of 5 or 6 nil at halftime. Load of bollix.

I agree with you el niche .. . scripting is ruining it for me on Superstar. It's absolute fuckin nonsense, I'm playing as lazio in league mode Serie a and in my first season and the scripting is hell bent on relegating me to the Serie b. I have the tactics spot on when facing most teams and it makes no sense in what happens in the matches. I usually have way more attempts on goal than the opposition and then get beaten by outrageous scripting. I nearly smashed the Ps3 with a hammer the other day.

Blatant pulling of defenders out of the way and then when my forwards are clean through on goal all of a sudden they turn into a shuffling Grandad and can't run or shoot. Some of the stuff defies the laws of physics. I played a match yesterday and couldn't believe what I was looking at .. . a very weak side attacked and had six players around my penalty area and when I cleared it out to the wing to attack they had nine players back in their box and just outside it. It was like they teleported to the other end of the pitch.

When the script says 6-0 to the opposition theres nothing you can do about it even if you're the better side. Surely scripting can be done in a more clever way than this and throw up a goal at the end for it to win instead of 5 or 6 nil at halftime. Load of bollix.
Hi Deco. Are you playing full manual? I'm playing on PS3 ML on Superstar with assisted passing and basic shooting. Tweaking with tactics I can control well the 'scripting' CPU, it's only more difficult with derbys, when playing against teams from the same city. I even put down some stats in the players of my team to make the game more challenging.

Enviado desde mi SM-G361F mediante Tapatalk

Let's say the bare fundamentals (kicking with inside the foot, versus outside the foot passes ala WE8). However, there is a lack of understanding the proper ball awareness of common sense play. Such as, perfect passing, no loose-ball mechancis, no poor touches, no physicality. Granted, it's not as bad as the effectiveness in PES 15 tactics, but you're right - there is very little and is basic, at best.

Get back to making the ball a separate entity. Meaning, create the variances of ball physics and separate it from the connection of player's contact range.

It's been a lot worse in the past (see PES 2008), however there needs to be some drastic adjustments to this engine and the potential it brings. I know you want to work your magic with the tactics, and I can't wait to see it unfold. I just hope it's given a chance, and a priority

This.

I'm tired of seeing ball stringed to player. For first touches, it doesn't even require any commands from us to move our players to the ball this year. Once you pass the ball to the next guy, you can let go of your pad, and the first touch will happen by itself.

You have very little choice of where you want to meet the ball. You cannot take a few steps back or foward, the location of where you take your first touch is almost non negotiable.
- You can press super cancel, but the player just does that little jitter, once you let go of super cancel it's stringed to the player again.
- You can HOLD super cancel, but the player will look lost and won't be concerned with the ball at all.

And it also doesn't matter if the ball hits the guy on the chin, on the knee, or on the waist...the game consider it to be under control, it is immediately stringed to the player, the ball never truly bounces away with poor touches, it is always stringed. There is also no surprise factor from his awkward first touches using wrong parts of the body, or just awkward balance body posture, he knows where to find the next touch immediately. All of this screams auto, there's very little decision making on our part.

In older PES, wasn't there a command (like a R2 half-cancel command, IIRC), that let's you adjust your distance/angle from the arriving ball, while the player would still jog in reference to the ball? What happened to that?

There's no anticipation required from us, to judge the distance and location of the incoming pass, the height of the bounce etc., and adjust accordingly. Not to mention, we don't even need to cushion the first touch this year, because of the exaggerated stringed behavior. Everything about first touches, just happens by itself.

There should really be a command to just leave the ball and just let it roll.

I made a move yesterday, that had something to do with leaving the ball:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5v1gjqcdYc

This is not always possible. Here, it's more like I forcefully glitched the move with super cancel.

But having done this, makes me realize how the ball is totally, completely stringed to player at all times, once you touch it.

In the real world, it's actually so much easier to leave the ball, on purpose, or by accident. There is no such scenarios in this game at all, it doesn't even allow you to let go of it, which should be the easiest thing to do! I mean, it's just letting the ball go! Super cancel doesn't let you walk away from the ball if you have it. The ball is so tightly stringed to player at all times.

In a real game, keeping the ball under control, is what prevents some players to have confidence, they'll focus on their feet, cautiously, and as a result, it impacts his vision in reading his passing options, because his head is always down. The feeling of disparity between the high and low dribbling and ball control stats need to feel more important in the game.

There just needs to be A LOT MORE mistakes, and micro decisions involved while carrying the ball. That can improve the feeling of using a player with good ball control, where it should probably feel a bit easier, and you can afford to not look at your feet so much, lift your head and read your options.

It feels like there's something fundamentally wrong with how tightly glued to player that ball is, all these years. We need actual mistakes and events that trigger ball/player separation too... Right now, the only mistake you'll encounter when you have the ball, is when you run into some other guy and lose the ball that way.

Last edited:
Hi Deco. Are you playing full manual? I'm playing on PS3 ML on Superstar with assisted passing and basic shooting. Tweaking with tactics I can control well the 'scripting' CPU, it's only more difficult with derbys, when playing against teams from the same city. I even put down some stats in the players of my team to make the game more challenging.

Enviado desde mi SM-G361F mediante Tapatalk

Hi Yasujiro, Yes I am playing full manual, try a couple of games in League mode Serie a with full manual Superstar default speed 20 mins matches you will see what I'm saying. I'm not a shite player or anything like that. . if you try what I'm saying you will witness scripting in all it's glory. Master League plays differently to league mode scripting goes in your favour a lot.

I couldn't go back to assisted passing and shooting, I like the challenge of manual.

I'm bringing the topic back to life to ask a question. Will there be a new DLC with updated euro rosters and new kits, before Euro starts or at least midway through the tournament? I think there was a rumor about this info...

Hope nobody minds me sharing my video here as i couldn't fin the PES video thread.. So i started a Euro 2016 campaign earlier, playing as all 24 teams in the Tournament. All feed back appreciated and welcome :).

Hosts France kick off their EURO 2016 campaign against Romania whilst Debutantes Albania look to make a good first impression against Switzerland.

https://youtu.be/CpaWHgQIy5U

Hope nobody minds me sharing my video here as i couldn't fin the PES video thread.. So i started a Euro 2016 campaign earlier, playing as all 24 teams in the Tournament. All feed back appreciated and welcome :).

Hosts France kick off their EURO 2016 campaign against Romania whilst Debutantes Albania look to make a good first impression against Switzerland.

How did you get France new kits? I am on PS4 and still have the old kits and never been prompted to install new datapack

Great video m8 , how to play with all 24 teams?also what is your camera settings?
thanks

He's playing as all the teams? How can you play a match against yourself? Great video though.

Thanks a lot guys, i'm playing on PC as it's the only way to play all 24 teams and setting the second controller to the AI using Juce's Sider Tool. This same tool is also how i get the extended camera settings i use.

Camera is Long: Height 0, Zoom 0 Angle 15.

Similar result might be happen in the real EURO 2016, as Slovakia seems to be a very good team. They beated Germany, Italy and Spain in recent friendlies!

It could. Anything can happen in Tournament Football, that's what makes it so exciting! England should walk through this group the form they are in but it will be interesting to see how well Wales do, Bale will be under immense pressure of carrying his side through this group.

Back
Top Bottom