PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Yeah, agree with you guys about PES having a potentially great engine to build on (compared to FIFA), but it's been baby steps so far. Game needs a ton more animations. FIFA 12 had more shot animations/variety than PES 2016. FIFA has an old and outdated engine, but it's been worked on for so long that the depth of animations is staggering. PES has AI and logic issues that are probably directly tied to a lack of animations.

Last edited:
Yeah, agree with you guys about PES having a potentially great engine to build on (compared to FIFA), but it's been baby steps so far. Game needs a ton more animations. FIFA 12 had more shot animations/variety than PES 2016. FIFA has an old and outdated engine, but it's been worked on for so long that the depth of animations is staggering. PES has AI and logic issues that are probably directly tied to a lack of animations.

That's my theory too. Even links in with the lack of shooting variety I reckon.

Yes, your right 100%. Its all linked to the 'tron running' issue. The game lacks sensitivity and players being able to move at different speeds.

Some of the collisions show this a lot.

That's totally the problem, "tron running" like you mention it, players needed an attribute who considers that.
Few pages from this with the online editor pictures, i've seen "Body Control" as a new physical attribute, and i think this would resolve the problem.

If a player have a low "Body Control", he normally will have some difficulties to pass/shoot in a bad position, even more if the Finishing/Passing attribute is related.

PES needed that kind of attribute i think, related to the "Barycenter" (from those who remember the explanation of PES 2014 new engine)
I hope it's not just the old "agility" renamed and separated from acceleration, but i don't think so.

I think it will be more about the flexibility of the player, something different.
Not related to how the player's turning is quick/fast, but like the name said how he can control his body shifting.

my hope is that when they decided to scrap this in 2015, they didn't throw all the evidence away with it too. effectively the ideas and the code still exist to be able to implement some sort of 'barycentre' physics into the current game... i think it would be a positive move for realism if they got it right, they should be able to find good balance in a game that is already fluid and responsive

Yes, in terms of the gameplay it being realistically balanced PES 2015 was much better. This again was never my argument in the first place however.

We however are talking purely in programming, we are talking in terms of just go to training mode and try shooting on manual, basic etc and you can see the programming of the shooting is very well done! The mechanics are the best in any football by a long way, the flaw and issue gmes from the basic movement.

Its 'overpowered' because you are rarely off balance when shooting or passing in the first place.
this again relates to the 'tron running', 'lack of movement gradients' points i say over and over. Remember PES 2011-2013 the shooting was all about finding balance before the shot, the where so many more variables in movement in those game. On PES 2016 is sadly never even an issue hence why scoring is so easy.

Ameppe i gave up with PES 2016 being a sim last year, i just play it for what it is.

So you are saying shooting is overpowered because player body movements are not good enough. Do you think Pes 2017 will fix that? I am not optimistic about that.

So you are saying shooting is overpowered because player body movements are not good enough. Do you think Pes 2017 will fix that? I am not optimistic about that.

I wonder that, I am not a programmer but surely the ball reaction would also need to take into account the body/foot positioning. You could have the most accurate body position but if the ball physics are not programmed to take that into account then there would be no affect

I generally love PES approach to the game. To be honest I don't know why some see the game that bad this year. I play full manual with broadcast cam. The game is so challenging and to me it's the right approach to real life football. I have Fifa too and i think it's a good effort but not sure why I just keep playing PES

I agree, most of the complaints I see posted are more a function of the player and settings used, than the game itself.

Im in awe how subtle and in-depth the gameplay is. Sure if you play it like a fifa title and expect to sprint past everyone and ping pong the ball around unrealistically , PES 2016 wont respond very well to that playstyle (thankfully).

Im looking forward to what PES 2017 will be, PES 2016 is certainly my fav PES.

Yes, your right 100%. Its all linked to the 'tron running' issue. The game lacks sensitivity and players being able to move at different speeds.

Some of the collisions show this a lot.

1) R2 (hold)- close control dribble and stop the ball
2) regular dribble with right control stick
3) R1 (hold)- sprint
4) L1 (double tap)- speed burst while sprinting (faster speed than just holding R1)

The tron running or what ever you call it is the combinations of the lack of animations, bad AI defending, and assisted control. The work around for now is to play full manuals on -1 or -2 speed. If that still does not work for you then play older PES series.

The tron running or what ever you call it is the combinations of the lack of animations, bad AI defending, and assisted control. The work around for now is to play full manuals on -1 or -2 speed. If that still does not work for you then play older PES series.

Elja I play manual and find with a lot of games if you adjust tactics the game can be good apart from scripting. If people keep playing 4-3-3 against a team who use that tactic you will end up playing the way you see it online. I've used 3-6-1 or 3-5-2 a lot and Pes 2016 plays better and then use 4-3-3 with very high forward line for all out attacking.

Bloody incredible goal although I couldn't help feel that the ball shouldve carried alot more momentum after that clearance?

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I have no doubt that they will 'improve' it, not 'fix' it. PES 2016 isn't broken, its a case theres not enough there in the first place!

Thing is looking into it, Konami and PES team have no choice but to develop it as PES 2016 has literally reached the limit of what can be don't on the three axis of movement

- Pace control (R2 hold)
- Dribbling
- Full speed sprint

This goes way back to the talk regarding '3 Year development cycles' you know:

. PES 2014-2015-2016 all similar games
. PES 2011-2012-2013 all similar games
. PES 2008-2009-2010 all similar games

We are at the end of the first fox engine cycle. The tron running issue came in for PES 2015 actually because PES 2014 was created with only 3 different linear speeds of movement and nothing in between these three.

I'm fucking lost with all this talk of tron running and shit.

Here is a better post to describe the issue in more depth:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3119020&postcount=8279

Last edited:
I have no doubt that they will 'improve' it, not 'fix' it. PES 2016 isn't broken, its a case theres not enough there in the first place!

Thing is looking into it, Konami and PES team have no choice but to develop it as PES 2016 has literally reached the limit of what can be don't on the three axis of movement

- Pace control (R2 hold)
- Dribbling
- Full speed sprint

This goes way back to the talk regarding '3 Year development cycles' you know:

. PES 2014-2015-2016 all similar games
. PES 2011-2012-2013 all similar games
. PES 2008-2009-2010 all similar games

We are at the end of the first fox engine cycle. The tron running issue came in for PES 2015 actually because PES 2014 was created with only 3 different linear speeds of movement and nothing in between these three.

Here is a better post to describe the issue in more depth:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3119020&postcount=8279

Ah jaysus klash me head is wrecked with this stuff I already saw that vid. . I might as well be looking into a bush.

Not to take anything away from the goal being scored on manual but I remember scoring one pretty much the same way in the demo. Says to me that if you hit it in that general direction they use the same animation/ball trajectory. I'd much rather see that shot totally go nowhere and Kane fall over or have the shot just miss and the crowd go 'ooooh' than see that ball go in the same way every time.

Also, the animations for running...far out. I hate how a guy takes a touch and then he needs a few steps to catch up to the ball again while the animation starts again...and the arms flying around don't match the speed of the running. And the long ball hanging in the air doesn't seem to have much weight. Sorry for the ranty post but it annoys me no end that Konami spend all their time updating player faces and refuse to address these core issues!

Back
Top Bottom