PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

The DLC will have this content

the Data Pack will implement the latest strips for Croatia, England, France, Portugal, and Turkey.

Although we're yet to receive official confirmation, it's expected the same DLC will also update line-ups for all 24 qualified teams.

Each association has until June 1st to submit their final 23-man squad to UEFA.

Will Vardy be sober by then?:P

Hi all, haven't been on in a while although I've been reading up a little bit lately. Am still over the moon since my local team won the Australian league yesterday. The goal nets made me laugh cause I know they'd spark all kinds of debates amongst the net lovers. Reminds me of Football Kingdom a bit :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLPumwW6Y8M

Why you defeat my Western Sydney team :RANT:

I don't really support them, I just live in the area :P

Konami need put real American and Australian stadiums, look so different and I don't think they are exclusive to FIFA...
Like Yankee stadium, Giant stadium, Rose Bowl Stadium, Adelaide Oval and Sydney Olympic Stadium.

For sure we get two new stadiums, the Millennium Stadium (Cardiff) and Friends Arena (Stockholm)

+1

Thank you. I've tried a few times to re-create them in PES and actually did so in PES 2011 for my Master League team which was a lot of fun. They made the Asian Champion's League final a few years back but lost to Gamba Osaka and then played in the club world cup.

We hosted Romario for a 4 game guest appearance quite a few years back (what a flop) and this season we are being coached by Guillermo Amor, the ex Barcelona legend. We were without a win after 8 games and rock bottom then went on a run of only losing 1 game in the next 20 and claimed the premier's plate on the last day. Although here in Australia the top 6 play off in a finals series after that and we won the grand final (which is where the highlights come from). It's actually an Australian Rules oval that was used as our football stadium wasn't big enough for the 50k crowd. Amazing season.

still an impressive history for the 12 years they exist(google is your best friend)
why was Romario's spell there concidered a flop?

Last edited:
how do us mere plebs get an invite eh?
We don't.

If you're not a YouTuber who gave PES 2016 lots and lots of positive coverage, there is no reason to invite you - they're not paying for this event to garner our feedback. They're putting it together to get some free (and incredibly powerful with their youngest demographic) marketing in the future.

(And yes, I am jealous...)

Very clever move.

I really wish they would move away (in both games) from this my club and fut nonsense and build a core game for the non online players. We are being left out in modern gaming.

Very clever move.

I really wish they would move away (in both games) from this my club and fut nonsense and build a core game for the non online players. We are being left out in modern gaming.
We buy the game once - (a big enough portion of) the FUT/MyClub guys buy the game several times over with their microtransactions. We aren't important, and we don't need marketing to - it's a double-whammy.

That being said, gameplay and AI aside, the ML had "team spirit" this year, which I thought was the freshest career mode feature for a while (across both PES & FIFA) - it's a shame that it was (IMO) broken in its implementation.

Given that PES has promotion and relegation now, along with a lower league for England - which I thought I'd never see - I'd actually be happy with the same career mode again (just with a better version of "team spirit")!

We buy the game once - (a big enough portion of) the FUT/MyClub guys buy the game several times over with their microtransactions. We aren't important, and we don't need marketing to - it's a double-whammy.

That being said, gameplay and AI aside, the ML had "team spirit" this year, which I thought was the freshest career mode feature for a while (across both PES & FIFA) - it's a shame that it was (IMO) broken in its implementation.

Given that PES has promotion and relegation now, along with a lower league for England - which I thought I'd never see - I'd actually be happy with the same career mode again (just with a better version of "team spirit")!

+ add some randomisation to the player regeneration & soften the player development curves

ps. i'm jealous about the invite thing too, the problem for me is I don't think the people that are invited will be excited and full of praise regardless. Someone like me who enjoys the current game but are looking for improvements in specific areas aren't going to get much insight into how the game is looking from these people

Hi, i have a feeling PES 2017 will be good, very good but not what we are all looking for.

I think the future is really down to us. You get these independent racing simulations and stuff like rfactor who have a huge community and continue to thrive side by side with all the other arcade and arcade/graphic sim racers. We need a football one.

But its down to us to make it.

Now is the time i think, FIFA for me is just all over the place and will take time to create really revolutionary gameplay again and Konami will never invest enough in PES because i think its clear the game is becoming a cash cow for them now.

The future is a game called 'Football Players' or FP. The future will be us creating just a pure simulation and then after its done joining forces with Sports Interactive with their Football Manager series and using their database. The key will be if we take our time and perfect it we can provide gameplay to Football Manager and taking that game to another level along with our simulation having the realistic database.

The issue with society in 2016 is we are so programmed by corporations to accept the status quo we all get stuck in cycles of relying on these companies and we forget we actually have ability of our own to change things.

For example Bastiann and whats he's done with his own football game has shown us and remind us most importantly you don't have to have a huge studio to create good gameplay, you just need someone who cares and puts love into his work.

I also feel the future for us at evo web since Konami don't seem to have any interest in this place is for all of us to literally become a company it itself, we have all the talent already here to make it.

The thing we will need the most is a motion capture studio to work with.

Fantastic post Klashman69.

We desperately need something new and fresh and community is the answer. People with passion for football and how it plays and not how it looks.

The future will be us creating just a pure simulation and then after its done joining forces with Sports Interactive with their Football Manager series and using their database. The key will be if we take our time and perfect it we can provide gameplay to Football Manager and taking that game to another level along with our simulation having the realistic database.

I currently correct every (yes) players height/weight, correct foot too on PES 2016...
And for that, i use "sofifa", google research on differents website, and Football Manager.

And the winner about accuracy in general is... is Fifa by far.
I doubted about it, but no, they're really good at what they do, even if their rating system is arguable
For example too many player's who drops in every stats (even technical attributes, the stats are reduced globally not only physical) with the only reason they got transfered from a top championship to a smallest one, or getting olded.

FM have the largest database ever, but so many wrong height/weight strong foot according to many websites, youngsters especially. And very big differences.
I've noticed many players for well know league (PL, Liga etc.) height 190 cm in reality according to many website/images comparison, who's given 170 cm in FM.

The FM database is the biggest you can find anywhere, but full of mistake and randomly reproduced players, even with ressources they've got.
Before that experience, i thinked like you: "Football Manager have the most accurate datadase ever in terms of informations at least. Its a bible" but now that not what i think at all. Check yourselve if you have time to, you'll figure that i wasn't wrong at all.

The reality is that there isn't a single footie game with an accurate database, but it's not their fault: football is a sports with plenty of players all across the globe, too much to handle...
You can have a thousand of scouts, but if the clubs aren't cooperative with the community, it's useless

I know in the past a guy working as a "scouting reporter" for them, and for many players that's how they does stats for "not very well know players":
-They rate 3 or 4 stats, position, value market and current ability
-The rest of the attributes will be assigned a bit "randomly" with a program, as well as potential ability (even height/weight if the scouting report does not give informations about is shape)
-And then, you've got the player done.

So in brief, don't forget FM it's still a game and not a football bible, don't be a Mourinho. The best is to check on different websites and make you opinion.
But honestly, i was amazed at Fifa database accuracy, even if i reapeat, i don't like that much their rating system for logical reason i've explained above.

Last edited:
still an impressive history for the 12 years they exist(google is your best friend)
why was Romario's spell there concidered a flop?

Yes they've done well in the A-League's short history. Probably our best export at the moment is Matthew Leckie who is playing in the Bundesliga for Ingolstadt. One of our players just signed with Rotterdam and during the season we lost a player to the Swiss League and one to the side that played Man Utd a couple of rounds ago in Europa.

Romario took 3 or 4 games to score and looked disinterested. I think he only scored a scruffy penalty at that lol.

I currently correct every (yes) players height/weight, correct foot too on PES 2016...
And for that, i use "sofifa", google research on differents website, and Football Manager.

And the winner about accuracy in general is... is Fifa by far.
I doubted about it, but no, they're really good at what they do, even if their rating system is arguable
For example too many player's who drops in every stats (even technical attributes, the stats are reduced globally not only physical) with the only reason they got transfered from a top championship to a smallest one, or getting olded.

FM have the largest database ever, but so many wrong height/weight strong foot according to many websites, youngsters especially. And very big differences.
I've noticed many players for well know league (PL, Liga etc.) height 190 cm in reality according to many website/images comparison, who's given 170 cm in FM.

The FM database is the biggest you can find anywhere, but full of mistake and randomly reproduced players, even with ressources they've got.
Before that experience, i thinked like you: "Football Manager have the most accurate datadase ever in terms of informations at least. Its a bible" but now that not what i think at all. Check yourselve if you have time to, you'll figure that i wasn't wrong at all.

The reality is that there isn't a single footie game with an accurate database, but it's not their fault: football is a sports with plenty of players all across the globe, too much to handle...
You can have a thousand of scouts, but if the clubs aren't cooperative with the community, it's useless

I know in the past a guy working as a "scouting reporter" for them, and for many players that's how they does stats for "not very well know players":
-They rate 3 or 4 stats, position, value market and current ability
-The rest of the attributes will be assigned a bit "randomly" with a program, as well as potential ability (even height/weight if the scouting report does not give informations about is shape)
-And then, you've got the player done.

So in brief, don't forget FM it's still a game and not a football bible, don't be a Mourinho. The best is to check on different websites and make you opinion.
But honestly, i was amazed at Fifa database accuracy, even if i reapeat, i don't like that much their rating system for logical reason i've explained above.

Yes, you are correct.

FIFA is developed by a global powerhouse of a company. Sports Interactive are still a very modest company with the majority of its sales in the UK.

Football Manager needs help. Its setup is fine but they just dont have the money to really expand their game.

Yes they've done well in the A-League's short history. Probably our best export at the moment is Matthew Leckie who is playing in the Bundesliga for Ingolstadt. One of our players just signed with Rotterdam and during the season we lost a player to the Swiss League and one to the side that played Man Utd a couple of rounds ago in Europa.

Romario took 3 or 4 games to score and looked disinterested. I think he only scored a scruffy penalty at that lol.

Ok,thanks.

Mmmm I don't know what to expect from this PES. Of course Im waiting to hear from the new game (Ive always been a pes fan but this year i bought fifa and am still playing it).

I have a feeling they will tweak the game a bit, fix the keepers somewhat and give us fouls. I dont expect anything groundbreaking, so will it be enough?????? (really, this is my question for you guys..).

I have some hopes for it as I did have some fun with previous year. But I am not expecting much. Hopefully they fix the scripting, or they better start sending me new controllers every month...

Cmon Konami, surprise me...

those quick goals happen alot, also does anyone know if a hardcore gamer will be at this invite, wouldv been good if one of the guys from here like klash,zee,gerd as well as a few others got an invite, we would'v got honest feedback on how the game is developing

Last edited:
I'm not an hardcore gamer (perhaps i'm an artcore gamer) and i never get invited to those things...not even sure i would actually go...

I also think that there are people who are much more knowledgeable about these things than i...

I'm not an hardcore gamer (perhaps i'm an artcore gamer) and i never get invited to those things...not even sure i would actually go...

I also think that there are people who are much more knowledgeable about these things than i...

I guess what I ment to say was, the areas that need improvement for us to enjoy the game in here, would be more honest with the above names I mentioned, cos this what I can see happening from the people invited, the feedback will be amazing, old Skool PES is back, and they were the words used last year, and I also believe the game they're gonna play will be completely different come retail.

Back
Top Bottom