PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Hey Guys,

Forums across the PES stratosphere seem pretty dead right now...:THINK:

Anyway I heard some news from a trusted source (NOT ASIM OR ADAM FYI) that PES 2017 may be very polarizing to the community. Apparently it is much much slower and more realistic. My source loved it but he reckons PES fans that have migrated to PES the past few years because of its arcadey elements may be upset. I think just like current FIFA, both EA and Konami are damned if they do and damned if they don't. There is always going to be the casual arcadey crowd and the more realistic and sim loving crowd.

My fear is feedback will not be kind to the game because the feedback will be from casual game journalists and then Konami in Japan reads the feedback and fucks the game up by making tweaks. Try to please everyone you please no one.

So far everything I've heard has sounded really promising but......................its konami......they are bound to fuck it up

Could the prophecy be true :LOL:

No more tron running and a return to the PES 2013 level sensitivity? :SNACK:

In its current state even basic work done on the types of sprinting and running would make the game slower because of the movement variables will be expanded.

Defences will be harder to break down in turn due to the expanded potential of off the ball movement and strategic positioning.

PES 2016 problem as with PES 2014/2015 is there is normal dribbling/pace control/Sprint. The key will be how deep and sensitive the movement potential on and off the ball.

I have been playing lots of PES 2013 lately and never touched 2016. Last night I tried starting a new ML in pes 2016, and for the first time ever I saw the AI shoot high. Not from first time shots or volleys. It was Antonio Di Natale, he dribbled the ball, found space and shot the ball over the bar. This was on professional difficulty, I never see this happen on Superstar as the AI always shoots low to the corner. So AI high shots is actually in the game, why have I just seen this once? Probably because I always played on Top Player/Superstar before. my guess is that konami programmed the higher difficulty level to make the AI super teams with perfect passing and shooting and hard low corner shots is more effective than high shots, unlike in professional difficulty where the AI often shoots wide and make miss passes.

New France home, away and Croatie home shirts (Thx Vanished)

13062916_1004969462926629_3965553461608016721_o.jpg

13047924_1004969512926624_8262014567060004680_o.jpg

13002377_1003267059763536_2005752303132628430_o.jpg

I like the two editions idea and i'd like to use my own selfishness to take it further and suggest that we have the myclub edition/mode as the one with the arcade gameplay. if the kids want to whizz around at 100mph pulling off rabona after rabona with messi, ronaldo and ibrahimovic in the same team then leave them to it and have the proper game modes with proper gameplay

I don't think it would take that much to implement it. It would please an awful lot of us once the sim one plays well with normal fouls and stuff.

Oh dear... I wish those quality pictures are the same from the pc version. And it's not. Anyways i hope this dlc don´t take too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was there any gameplay improvement lately or am I being crazy here ?

I have been playing as Barça on champions league and everytime I play and replay the first match against Rome, that match is alwasy a bit too easy (on superstar level) and tottaly lacks any excitement.

But I just played against Roma once again and it was a tottaly different experience. The CPU AI has a better atitude on the pitch, they are aggressive when they need to, when the context demands them to have a more agressive attitude. For example, whenever I steal the ball on my defence and even inside the box after an failed attacking attempt, I can no longer just pass the around between cb and lb/rb freely since they dont ignore the ball and the opportunity to steal the ball on a dangerous place of the field, they start pressuring now, and the matchs final results was 0-0, I had skme very good chances but it was hard (in a good way) to score, keepers made some good saves and defenders did the best they could, they threw themselvs, made soide tackle animation to block shootings.

I feel like they improved something, but that was just one game tho.

Was there any gameplay improvement lately or am I being crazy here ?

I have been playing as Barça on champions league and everytime I play and replay the first match against Rome, that match is alwasy a bit too easy (on superstar level) and tottaly lacks any excitement.

But I just played against Roma once again and it was a tottaly different experience. The CPU AI has a better atitude on the pitch, they are aggressive when they need to, when the context demands them to have a more agressive attitude. For example, whenever I steal the ball on my defence and even inside the box after an failed attacking attempt, I can no longer just pass the around between cb and lb/rb freely since they dont ignore the ball and the opportunity to steal the ball on a dangerous place of the field, they start pressuring now, and the matchs final results was 0-0, I had skme very good chances but it was hard (in a good way) to score, keepers made some good saves and defenders did the best they could, they threw themselvs, made soide tackle animation to block shootings.

I feel like they improved something, but that was just one game tho.

nope still the same to me. I can still score with a defender from the back, thats whats killing the game for me.

There was improvements with the last Dlc but they didnt address the run from the back, penos or fouls.

The only update I got was a system software update for the ps3 and it says online service is currently unavailable

Not checked it myself but it was tweeted out by a PES site:

@onlyproevo
Patch 1.07 is out now. The new update implements "minor adjustments to a variety of modes to improve general gaming experience". #PES2016

Isn't that a stock line that they put at the end of most patch notes (which usually amounts to a few tweaks to game-mode mechanics)?

The patch was for PS4 only, so there are no gameplay changes included, probably only infrastructural changes.

Back
Top Bottom