PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

I think one of the problems of Konami is to decide which fans they want to please. I think the most sim PES ever was PES 2014 and the game received poor critics by gamers and magazines.

In this list PES 2014 was the 16th best PES.

http://m.ranker.com/list/pro-evolut...m_expid=16418821-180.E297lZgVTzOzR6PB9mn0MQ.5

I understand the change of direction of Konami.

I'd like you to write in your posts in which platform are you playing. I'm playing on PS4 and PS3 and the PS3 plays better gameplay, more PES 6-like. PS3 version don't suffer the same issues of PS4 version (poor CPU AI, lack of variety on CPU goals and shoots...). I hope they change gameplay on PS4 to feel like PS3 version but I think they have different developement teams.

After EURO DLC, PES 2016 on PS3 has the flow and feel of PES 6. And if you want a more sim PES you can play Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki. Both are great games.

I'm on Ps3.. .are you claiming that the Ps4 is causing the problems? Really? I've never heard this mentioned before.

Sorry Elja, I think you make good points :)) but I disagree with too many fouls disrupting the game. I still play PES5 occasionally (which apparently has more fouls than WE9LE) and it takes about 1 to 5 seconds to get back into the game and put a good ball into the box from a free kick. Although I do agree that it could disrupt the gameplay on newer titles because of all the fancy frilly cut scenes. Also in PES 5 sometimes you count 4 fouls sometimes 8, it's not a big amount in a 10-15 min game.

If they added a referee strictness slider or something in 2017 then that would keep a lot of people happy ;)

PS Sorry to bring up the foul discussion I'm very passionate about the lack of fouls since PES5

Cool man, I respect your opinion.. I do feel the players go down to easily in WE9LE and the referees always call it a foul, for my liking it disrupt the flow of the game, I prefer the referees in pes 2013, I feel it's just the right balance.

By "sim-like" my interpretation was the game will be slower paced on default speed, pumped with new and more realistic animations, more realistic turning animations, ball more free on assisted settings so you aren't getting high pass competition percentage every game ping ponging it around, and space being harder to come by on the pitch with defensive A.I. really being worked on.

This is what I am hearing but hey, until you see or play the game who the hell knows lol

By "sim-like" my interpretation was the game will be slower paced on default speed, pumped with new and more realistic animations, more realistic turning animations, ball more free on assisted settings so you aren't getting high pass competition percentage every game ping ponging it around, and space being harder to come by on the pitch with defensive A.I. really being worked on.

This is what I am hearing but hey, until you see or play the game who the hell knows lol

im hoping they incorporate some kind of stutter when the players try to turn with the ball especially whilst sprinting and then do a sudden turn, cos atm its too smooth, also do you know if they are working on first touch as well

This is what I like of Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki. In PES 2016 PS3 version you can feel something similar in -2 speed but in WE 2014 Aoki graphics are better and animations are more realistic.

I heard on wenb someone said a konami employee revealed next pes will be revealed in April. Do you know anything about that? It seems too early,next year the game was revealed at E3

Hi guys have noticed alot more free kicks on the game since the previous patch tbh

Not the euro one. I also noticed the AI having dynamic free kick :O they used 2 free kick taken method where one laid off and the other curled it around my wall. I was truly dumbstruck to the point where I don't think I recorded it :D

Flaws and all I still play this game dalt and conjure up some excitement from it.

I heard on wenb someone said a konami employee revealed next pes will be revealed in April. Do you know anything about that? It seems too early,next year the game was revealed at E3

I don't know anything about this sorry man

If they do add more animation (and fix the jerkey ones in 2016), and fix the AI then they will nail pes 2017. Fingers crossed

Yeh Yasujiro I've noticed midfielders who sit back in a match can suddenly attack and influence a match . . to be honest I never thought it would make a difference but it certainly does. I thought it was only for defenders attacking when there's a corner or a reckless run from defence.

I find more effective to use Fluid formation and edit the Formation 'When in possession'. For example I put Marcelo next to CR7 in when in possession formation and it makes a difference.

Dudu you're lucky it wasn't 8-0 to Poland by half time lol.

I swear to you that my passing is more accurate than that, thats for sure.

As I said, CPU aggresiveness here makes everything harder, you have to make more quick decisions, its a kind of game that requires a lot more focus than Im used to, and I was being a bit more direct on my attacking plays than I usually am.

PS Sorry to bring up the foul discussion I'm very passionate about the lack of fouls since PES5

You are not alone here my friend. Pes 5 has a special place in my heart lol, and the frquency of fouls is possibly the biggest reason why I loved it so much, you just couldnt hold down sprint + pressure buttons blindly like everyone does online.

On the other note, who else (like myself) envy sooo much the graphics/animations quality of this game here ?

http://youtu.be/DYXUhsG5pfg

Only players skin doesnt look very good to me (it looks a bit plastic), but everything else looks amazing. I know animations on a baseball is for sure a lot less complex than on football games, but still...

You are not alone here my friend. Pes 5 has a special place in my heart lol, and the frquency of fouls is possibly the biggest reason why I loved it so much, you just couldnt hold down sprint + pressure buttons blindly like everyone does online.

On the other note, who else (like myself) envy sooo much the graphics/animations quality of this game here ?

http://youtu.be/DYXUhsG5pfg

Only players skin doesnt look very good to me (it looks a bit plastic), but everything else looks amazing. I know animations on a baseball is for sure a lot less complex than on football games, but still...

The road to the show mode in that game is one of the best sports single player modes around. Imagine BAL that actually works

I swear to you that my passing is more accurate than that, thats for sure.

As I said, CPU aggresiveness here makes everything harder, you have to make more quick decisions, its a kind of game that requires a lot more focus than Im used to, and I was being a bit more direct on my attacking plays than I usually am.

Don't be making excuses lol! You have to really concentrate in some of the matches and try and think a couple of moves ahead . .well thats what I do .. .I love when a move you try on the spur of the moment works and you score.

All that's great, but I'd like the stats to have actual influence on all this, especially the passing and shooting rates.

I quite enjoy this new patch. New licenses, better GKs, the problem with the fouls not called and such are still present, so that is quite sad, but overall, I still enjoy the game more than other games.

But with regards to the licenses, it is so un-japanese like. Actually, all the patches this year has been very different from how Konami used to do stuff or how other Japanese companies used to do stuff. In the past, they would rather delay a game or a patch until it was ready and complete before it came out. This year, be it the first transfer patch or this one, it feels like they are rushing it out just so they can say they have it rather than making sure that its right and perfect. It's like them trying to say we have all these licenses now, but the kits and players aren't updated yet, we will have another update later for those...it just feel so half-assed. I'm quite disappointed in that regard.

Ok i'm willing to make the suggestion that there may well be some changes to the gameplay. Is it me or is the % of chances created from corners much higher now? i've seen a drastic increase of goals.

Also, the AI seem to be hitting the post... a lot. I played liverpool in ML and lost 4-0 (annoying because i was 2-1 up at half time when i played the match the first time and had to switch off to go out) and they hit the post 3 times on top of that. maybe there has been an increase in error margins?

All that's great, but I'd like the stats to have actual influence on all this, especially the passing and shooting rates.

In PS2 era PES games didn't have speed selector, when the game was running too fast for my taste I edited the stats of Acceleration and Speed of all the players to tune in the gameplay and make it slower. In PES 2016 I find too easy to score from outside the box so I put down -20 the stats Finishing and Kicking power of all the players of my team and the game is now more challenging.

I think it's a great idea for next versions of the game to have a configuration screen when users can adjust general speed, dribbling and shooting of the game itself to please all types of players in CPU vs matches.

I think it's a great idea for next versions of the game to have a configuration screen when users can adjust general speed, dribbling and shooting of the game itself to please all types of players in CPU vs matches.
100% agree - if we had attribute "sliders", we could fix a lot of our individual issues with the game against the CPU.

I spent literally entire months of my life putting together patches in my teens. Now, I'm 31 - if you let me do it on a global level, I'll do it (and we can all share the sliders we use to make the game what we want it to be). Otherwise, it could have the most potential in the world but I'll never have the (editing) time to see it.

Off-topic... Does anyone in this thread play the game online? If so, how do you find it (not in terms of lag but in terms of, do you enjoy it, do you think it's as realistic as it is playing the CPU)?

Online is a 100mph hackfest for me.

Sometimes if you play online divisions with the manual filter on you get an opponent who isnt a retard but otherwise it's not fun in the slightest

Online is a 100mph hackfest for me.

Sometimes if you play online divisions with the manual filter on you get an opponent who isnt a retard but otherwise it's not fun in the slightest

You are right. I wrote it here before; it is way to fast. It has nothing to do with real football.

This is why i never play online. Someone who doesn't play the game the way his opponent likes is a retard... I can understand that people don't like the way some of their opponents play, but are they retards because of that?

Some players apparently are known as sprint whores (take a good look at that neologism and you see that it doesn't make sense at all...somebody who has sex in order to pay for his sprints? A prostitute who has sex with short distance athletes? A prostitute who only has sex while running fast?) Because they like their players to sprint (oops, sprint whores?). What's the problem? If the game allows you to sprint, why not use it?

This sort of extreme competitive gameplay brings out the worst in people...

I tried it once, a couple of years ago. Lost 6 or 7 nil and i never had the impression that i lost because i was that bad (i am) or because my opponent was that good, but because of bugs in the game. That is extremely frustrating. I wanted to stop after a couple of minutes, but out of respect for my opponent i played the whole match...

I don't like online gaming, not the least...

PS: robbieryam this isn't menat as a dig to you, i'm sorry.

that's fine, no offence taken. I think we have the same opinion just a different way of articulating it.

The reason I call those types of people retarded is because they simply play the game to win at all costs rather than to try and play a representative game of football. You're right in that you probably lost because of bugs/flaws in the game but unfortunately your opponent decided to exploit them for every penny rather than just tried to play a decent game of football.

In the current version it seems like the default game speed is amplified online, the refs dont have any time to make a decision because they are always trying to play advantage (where the advantage is almost immediately over if the fouled team touches the ball, even for a second) and everything is happening too quickly so there are barely any fouls. The lack of a short term stamina system and the default passing and shooting having such a small margin of error means the game plays really really badly. people don't even have to try hard to exploit the weaknesses this year

I don't like online gaming either

Where we don't agree is that although i didn't like that game, i think you can't blame these people if they exploit bugs in the game. I blame the developers...

Anyway, i tried it once and that was it...

Where we don't agree is that although i didn't like that game, i think you can't blame these people if they exploit bugs in the game. I blame the developers...
Ditto, although obviously, it's an incredibly difficult job. I've said it before but when I was lucky enough to visit EA's complex in Vancouver, the late (and great) Simon Humber asked why I never played the game online, and when I told him why, he said that it was "his dream" to create a football game where you could only beat someone else by having superior knowledge of football and the footballers on the pitch, rather than finding weak areas of gameplay that could be exploited and winning by playing the same way every single game.

I hope it eventually happens, even if it isn't considered "fun enough" to many (my other football-game-related dream is for a decent online manager mode, none of this card-game and/or bingo-ball rubbish...)

Ditto, although obviously, it's an incredibly difficult job. I've said it before but when I was lucky enough to visit EA's complex in Vancouver, the late (and great) Simon Humber asked why I never played the game online, and when I told him why, he said that it was "his dream" to create a football game where you could only beat someone else by having superior knowledge of football and the footballers on the pitch, rather than finding weak areas of gameplay that could be exploited and winning by playing the same way every single game.

I hope it eventually happens, even if it isn't considered "fun enough" to many (my other football-game-related dream is for a decent online manager mode, none of this card-game and/or bingo-ball rubbish...)

If that ever happens i would pay alot for it! Im sick to death of people exploiting errors of the game, not just the speed abusers who exploit the fact that no game can turn defenders to react quick enough but also the ones who decide to shoot direct from kick off or run direct from kick off because your teams havent been "programmed" to respond to it.

Lets hope that one day a game exists that all of what you say is part of its DNA.

This this and this.

PES 2011 was like this you could counter any and as a result could take on Brazil with South Africa and win just through tactical setups and gameplay. That's near impossible now due to the scripting. If you going for a 50/50 ball as an example the game overrides whatever inputs there may be to give the higher rated player the upper hand.

It's so wrong.

1459348607-8604-photo-pc-playstation-4-xbox-one.jpg

Back
Top Bottom