PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Dudu you're lucky it wasn't 8-0 to Poland by half time lol.

Yeah I was lucky... Lol

I played agaisnt Poland many times but never suffured such pression never was so desperate to clear the ball.

I have done some silly mistakes tho. But that was a great game.

Last edited:
Yeah I was lucky... Lol

I played agaisnt Poland many times but never suffured such pression never was so desperate to clear the ball.

I have done some silly mistakes tho. But that was a great game.

Are you playing manual and which level. . .. Superstar?

FINALLY won EURO 2016 with Germany. Tough path to the final. Ironically, all the teams I knocked out were teams that caused heart break in my previous five attempts lol Best match was vs England. Came back from 2-0 down to win 7-6 on PKs. (Superstar + manual passing)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9tM_gASb4

Well done Walex. .. I play as Italy and got knocked out 2-1 by Albania in the knockout stage after extra time lol. . they deserved it. Zaza and Immobile have great stats but can't hit a barn door between them for some reason. Zaza misses nearly every chance put in front of him. .weird.

Did you record the final? Some strange stats there ..Spain almost 70% possession , 1 save from your goalie, 0 crosses and 0 corners ..what were they doing?

Did you record the final? Some strange stats there ..Spain almost 70% possession , 1 save from your goalie, 0 crosses and 0 corners ..what were they doing?

Let me tell you, I defended like a MAD MAN and was soooooo anti football/parked the bus that Mourinho would have been proud. The AI is SO aggressive when they are behind. Even Spain started knocking long balls towards the end like their lives depended on it. Look at that last clearance by Ozil. Sums up how I played them to secure the win. I wasn't going to lose another European Championship lol

For the guys who are still enjoying the game . .do any of you use the players to join attack option? I've only started lately and it makes a big difference to the outcome of matches.

For the guys who are still enjoying the game . .do any of you use the players to join attack option? I've only started lately and it makes a big difference to the outcome of matches.
I use this option since last year version. I always select Ramos or Pepe, they are lethal in corner kicks. When I'm losing an important match I select both.

I use this option since last year version. I always select Ramos or Pepe, they are lethal in corner kicks. When I'm losing an important match I select both.

Yeh Yasujiro I've noticed midfielders who sit back in a match can suddenly attack and influence a match . . to be honest I never thought it would make a difference but it certainly does. I thought it was only for defenders attacking when there's a corner or a reckless run from defence.

I reckon anyone moaning about fouls must just hold 'X' and insta-pass the ball, because the AI is butchering me atm.

Im Holland vs Germany, ive not edited anything to say they are rivals or any player stats, its all as the game is from the box (as such).

Anyway, I get stuffed both in scoreline and foul count. 6 fouls, 5 yellows for the Germans including 1 for Neuer who bought me down for a penalty!

Game before that, im England vs Slovakia, 3 fouls and they are down to 10 men after 15 minutes as Sterling is chopped on the wing twice.

How can anyone not draw a foul in this game, I just dont know!

This is on Professional, 10 minutes, all manual controls.

Deco, now it happens that i agree with some of thethings Chris writes about PES 2016.
I don't think i'm negatively biased towards PES, since a couple of months ago somebody here wrote that i'm one of the 4 biggest fanboys...

Chris and i don't PM each other to compare notes about PES.

As for the WENB podcast of our American friend, he is so bad on it...i listen to it avid as i am to near news about a new PES, but i really don't like when he's trying to be funny...and that is at least something where Chris and i don't agree. But it's not that important.

LMAO I give my opinion. I don't force anything down anyone's throat. You can choose to not listen to me, or not read my posts or tweets. I am always open to PES discussions and in the end if we fail to agree on things then we can agree to disagree and leave it at that. I have no agenda.

And so you know, I was asked to be funny--to curse, to keep it light to try and be funny so it wasn't serious talk all the time so yea when I listen back to some of the stuff I've said I go "that sounds dumb but they wanted me to try and be funny so..." But either way I give no fucks if you like me or you don't so lets move on :BEER:

B-man any leaks on Pes 2017? The last patch has given some of us hope.

I finally got a PS4 and decided to buy this after all the positive comments (apart from Chris :P ) since the latest patch. I only played one game tonight but I can see an improvement in the game although it may be the difference between the PS3 and PS4 version. The problems that Chris mentioned I guess are still there (free kicks, low shots) but it has given me hope for 2017. :)

I finally got a PS4 and decided to buy this after all the positive comments (apart from Chris :P ) since the latest patch. I only played one game tonight but I can see an improvement in the game although it may be the difference between the PS3 and PS4 version. The problems that Chris mentioned I guess are still there (free kicks, low shots) but it has given me hope for 2017. :)

Geeee, I've nothing against Chris. . . I repect the chap.. he puts up some good posts but you have to admit when there are improvements in the game.
You can't keep saying that it's a placebo when there's a patch which clearly improves the gameplay . . I'm not the only one who has noticed it. The game has faults which is obvious but it's still enjoyable and playable.. . and for the record I'm not a Pes fanboy. . It's documented here in my past posts that I didn't like Pes 2015 and gave it away after a month.

B-man any leaks on Pes 2017? The last patch has given some of us hope.

Deco, did you read the article recently where Adam mentioned (and I am summarizing) basically the last 2 years Konami built PES to try and reach as many fans as possible but this is the year hardcore fans will be rewarded?

From what I am hearing there is A LOT of truth to the game moving in a more sim-like direction. I think they looked at FIFA 16 and what EA did wrong where basically FIFA went TOO sim and it frustrated a lot of footy fans. Some were able to find a sweet spot with sliders early on but then patches continued to turn the game back into FIFA 15 which is why all the youtubers started liking it again. Nonetheless, the fact FIFA went first in going truly sim has me feeling that Konami was able to see where EA went wrong and they don't want to make the same mistakes.

Fun, rewarding, deep, gameplay with sim elements was always PES when it was on top. I think Konami themselves would probably admit off the record that PES isn't as deep as it used to be. I've said this before, but to me, PES2015 and PES2016 were good solid football games that should have different titles because they don't "feel" like PES to me. I wouldn't be shocked if internally at Konami guys feel the same and have had discussions about it which has led to this point. But the development team don't make all the decisions about the direction of the game, the investors have an agenda as well and you have to cater to your investors and what the higher-ups want. Hopefully it sounds like everything has been green lighted for a more sim-like game with the idea of really returning the feeling that you are playing PES not a game thats called PES...if that makes sense. Some people on here who are truly enjoying PES 2016 may not like to hear that but I look forward to seeing what happens.

The question I have is can they do it all in one year without bugs,issues, etc. ?

Tall order.

But I am optimistic in the direction especially since everyone knows EA is going to be full on hockey on grass with FIFA 17 given the backlash from their casual base.

I disagree with B-man. I been playing since Iss Pro Evo 2 on PS2.

This is easily the most sim-like /most complex PES to date. Im in no rush for 17' because Im still learning things with 16' and it is overall heads and shoulders above previous PES games for my 2 cents.

Most of the complaints I dont really see, Im getting long-range screamers from the cpu, a good variation of goals from cpu and no two goals are the same in a match.

This is easily the most sim-like /most complex PES to date. Im in no rush for 17' because Im still learning things with 16' and it is overall heads and shoulders above previous PES games for my 2 cents.

Most of the complaints I dont really see, Im getting long-range screamers from the cpu, a good variation of goals from cpu and no two goals are the same in a match.

Good for you. Wish I was experiencing what you are

Deco, did you read the article recently where Adam mentioned (and I am summarizing) basically the last 2 years Konami built PES to try and reach as many fans as possible but this is the year hardcore fans will be rewarded?

From what I am hearing there is A LOT of truth to the game moving in a more sim-like direction. I think they looked at FIFA 16 and what EA did wrong where basically FIFA went TOO sim and it frustrated a lot of footy fans. Some were able to find a sweet spot with sliders early on but then patches continued to turn the game back into FIFA 15 which is why all the youtubers started liking it again. Nonetheless, the fact FIFA went first in going truly sim has me feeling that Konami was able to see where EA went wrong and they don't want to make the same mistakes.

Fun, rewarding, deep, gameplay with sim elements was always PES when it was on top. I think Konami themselves would probably admit off the record that PES isn't as deep as it used to be. I've said this before, but to me, PES2015 and PES2016 were good solid football games that should have different titles because they don't "feel" like PES to me. I wouldn't be shocked if internally at Konami guys feel the same and have had discussions about it which has led to this point. But the development team don't make all the decisions about the direction of the game, the investors have an agenda as well and you have to cater to your investors and what the higher-ups want. Hopefully it sounds like everything has been green lighted for a more sim-like game with the idea of really returning the feeling that you are playing PES not a game thats called PES...if that makes sense. Some people on here who are truly enjoying PES 2016 may not like to hear that but I look forward to seeing what happens.

The question I have is can they do it all in one year without bugs,issues, etc. ?

Tall order.

But I am optimistic in the direction especially since everyone knows EA is going to be full on hockey on grass with FIFA 17 given the backlash from their casual base.

I hope so b-man, im hanging for a proper footie fix, as lami stated a while back, just browsing thru players to buy during the transfer period back in the old days was a good fix.

Last edited:

Tall order.

I really don't understand what you mean with sim-like game.. Just play on full manuals and you will get that simulation feel.

I also love and play WE9LE (many say the best football sim) it is a great game but there many negative things as well. The passing feels on rail (passing feels better on PES 2016), the referees calls to many fouls which disrupt the flow of the game, the goalies are also overpowered. I think this is not sim, it's just a more difficult game.

For PES 2017, they only need to fix the AI (low shots and defending problems), and team spirit in master league. And maybe add a semi-assisted control for those who can't play on manual controls, because in PES 2016 it's either fully assisted or full manuals.

Tall order.

I did read that article B-man but I take most things Konami say with a pinch of salt.I agree that the last 2 pes editions don't feel or look like former Pes games and I felt that it was morphing into Fifa. I hated Pes 2015 but loved pes 2014. . I thought it was the bravest move they've ever taken but released it unfinished and then went down a road of trying to lure Fifa fans and lovers of Pes 5/6 back.

I'm one of the blasphemers enjoying Pes 2016 which has surprised myself. I am looking forward to Pes 2017 and would prefer a more sim approach but how will they recreate that old Pes feeling? I think people have a romantic view of past games, a bit like losing your virginity. . . it can't be repeated. They should try and make the next game with settings to choose Sim or arcade. .in that way they could cater for most people.

Are you playing on PS4?

I did read that article B-man but I take most things Konami say with a pinch of salt.I agree that the last 2 pes editions don't feel or look like former Pes games and I felt that it was morphing into Fifa. I hated Pes 2015 but loved pes 2014. . I thought it was the bravest move they've ever taken but released it unfinished and then went down a road of trying to lure Fifa fans and lovers of Pes 5/6 back.

I'm one of the blasphemers enjoying Pes 2016 which has surprised myself. I am looking forward to Pes 2017 and would prefer a more sim approach but how will they recreate that old Pes feeling? I think people have a romantic view of past games, a bit like losing your virginity. . . it can't be repeated. They should try and make the next game with settings to choose Sim or arcade. .in that way they could cater for most people.
I think one of the problems of Konami is to decide which fans they want to please. I think the most sim PES ever was PES 2014 and the game received poor critics by gamers and magazines.

In this list PES 2014 was the 16th best PES.

http://m.ranker.com/list/pro-evolut...m_expid=16418821-180.E297lZgVTzOzR6PB9mn0MQ.5

I understand the change of direction of Konami.

I'd like you to write in your posts in which platform are you playing. I'm playing on PS4 and PS3 and the PS3 plays better gameplay, more PES 6-like. PS3 version don't suffer the same issues of PS4 version (poor CPU AI, lack of variety on CPU goals and shoots...). I hope they change gameplay on PS4 to feel like PS3 version but I think they have different developement teams.

After EURO DLC, PES 2016 on PS3 has the flow and feel of PES 6. And if you want a more sim PES you can play Winning Eleven 2014 Aoki. Both are great games.

The update clearly change the game, after 2vs2 session offline last night alot of new things and correctives :

- More goalkeeper animations, headers, tackles, shoot (I do curve shoot with Vardy, the gesture feel more natural).

- Alot more hitbox (collision between players and the ball) in the game on shoots, crossings, add more realism, It's really the big thing of this update.

- More curve on corner kick

- Slower gameplay (I always use the nomal speed)

- Referees give more yellow and red cards

- Team ID, I try Spain vs Czech Rep in superstar EURO mode and it's really great, the Czech park the bus and try counter attack

About goalkeeper I don't know yet but we don't see big fail, no more time I think, The game feel like PES 2016.5 for me, very nice surprise

About goalkeeper :

Goalkeeper are not the same after the patch for sure, we do online 2vs2 yesterday during 3 hours, we score goals but never on goalkeepers mistakes, really impressive !

I really don't understand what you mean with sim-like game.. Just play on full manuals and you will get that simulation feel.

I also love and play WE9LE (many say the best football sim) it is a great game but there many negative things as well. The passing feels on rail (passing feels better on PES 2016), the referees calls to many fouls which disrupt the flow of the game, the goalies are also overpowered. I think this is not sim, it's just a more difficult game.

For PES 2017, they only need to fix the AI (low shots and defending problems), and team spirit in master league. And maybe add a semi-assisted control for those who can't play on manual controls, because in PES 2016 it's either fully assisted or full manuals.

Sorry Elja, I think you make good points :)) but I disagree with too many fouls disrupting the game. I still play PES5 occasionally (which apparently has more fouls than WE9LE) and it takes about 1 to 5 seconds to get back into the game and put a good ball into the box from a free kick. Although I do agree that it could disrupt the gameplay on newer titles because of all the fancy frilly cut scenes. Also in PES 5 sometimes you count 4 fouls sometimes 8, it's not a big amount in a 10-15 min game.

If they added a referee strictness slider or something in 2017 then that would keep a lot of people happy ;)

PS Sorry to bring up the foul discussion I'm very passionate about the lack of fouls since PES5

Back
Top Bottom