PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

changing team tactics during the game from ai is nothing new,weaker team against you will be using defensive tactics in the beginning and if they were behind,they would turn into offensive tactics themselves.
however,at the end its all about the tactics set up and konami doesn't really set them up properly

I know this is not something new. I always noticed that tatics numbers popping up on screen. The thing is that now I feel these changes have more impact on the game than before.

I played countless games in wich, when I was winning, even tho I saw the sign of tatical change, the CPU TEAM AI have hardly done anything to really get back on the match and maybe score a goal. Now I can see CPU TEAM really becoming a bit more agressive puting more tatical pressure on my own half.

I mean its not thats something new, its the way how the CPU does this now is what seems to be improved to me.

Edit: I dont know what Konami is doing... We have people on here who do a great job on editing the taticsl side of the game like Klash, Konami should hire him and other folks to work on it.

Last edited:
yes,surprisingly konami is still hiring ppl for making faces when i think they did well with the dlc already
tactics should be the big focus since its related to the gameplay too
now the tactics are quite simple with limited options
i expect konami to develop more about the tactics but i don't think they will

Fairly racked up the hours on this over the last week while off sick.

I personally feel the game is playing a wee bit better since the EURO update, but utterly mindful of the likelihood it is placebo. Still feel crossing is a bit pants (unless I am just pants at it) and the COM lacks variety in its attacking and shooting. Still, do find they are a tad more aggressive and varied in how it defends.

The shooting control needs re-working. There simply isn't a happy medium to be found between full manual and basic. Cannae be bothered with Advanced, and would be happy with a *whispers* FIFA-esque semi-assisted option. Finding it difficult to choose between a set-up that has one bar assistance and manual shooting, or manual passing and basic shooting.

Totally agree that they should hire folk to work on team tactics and really bring out the strategic side of the game. Faces, kits, boots, balls, myClub stuff, CONTENT is all fair and well, but there is so much more they could do, or allow others to do for them. Plenty of folk in the community who excel at this sort of thing and would offer services for a reasonable price/incentive. Fuck, why can't they just have downloadable community content when it comes to fluid formations/tactical set-ups for offline play is beyond me. They are missing a trick there. Shareable Option Files that would have all this stuff are pretty much gone forever, so why not make it part of the game? NBA2K series has been doing this for years.

Placebo? I play this game everyday and can see the differences clearly. Corners in particular have been worked on and there's a far greater chance of scoring or conceding with them. Keepers are pulling off spectacular saves. . dribbling is better. .. AI attacking is better. . Ai midfield tackling for the ball aggressively.

There simply isn't a happy medium to be found between full manual and basic. Cannae be bothered with Advanced, and would be happy with a *whispers* FIFA-esque semi-assisted option. Finding it difficult to choose between a set-up that has one bar assistance and manual shooting, or manual passing and basic shooting.

PES 2015 was better for pass support, even on 2-3 bars the passing was not on rail

Placebo? I play this game everyday and can see the differences clearly. Corners in particular have been worked on and there's a far greater chance of scoring or conceding with them. Keepers are pulling off spectacular saves. . dribbling is better. .. AI attacking is better. . Ai midfield tackling for the ball aggressively.

Some people plays fifa and only comeback to pes when there is a patch update by konami, of course they won't feel any gameplay difference and think it's placebo. They need to play the game regularly to notice gameplay improvements.

The game had improved a lot since it was first released. No need of gameplay patch to enjoy the game now. I personally like the game better than ever after the euro dlc.

PES 2015 was better for pass support, even on 2-3 bars the passing was not on rail

Some people plays fifa and only comeback to pes when there is a patch update by konami, of course they won't feel any gameplay difference and think it's placebo. They need to play the game regularly to notice gameplay improvements.

The game had improved a lot since it was first released. No need of gameplay patch to enjoy the game now. I personally like the game better than ever after the euro dlc.

You're right Elja I play it all the time and can notice when things change in the game. The game is playing very well since the update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gameplay changes, seriously? Come on, guys.

This was the second game I played (and they both happened in the first game, but I didn't bother recording it because I didn't think anybody could possibly the game was any different).

Thanks, ref:

Impossible-to-stop passing play and a low shot into the corner, NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE HAVE WE:

I could provide literally 3-4 clips like this for every match I play, but there's no point, because somehow the community gives this game (and every PES game) a free pass.

The graphics are great, the gameplay is wank, sorry, but it is. FIFA and PES are in the process of changing places, with PES being for the guys who want to stare at faces all day, and FIFA being for the guys who want to get a decent match out of the AI.

(Rant over, sorry, but come on guys, let's not give Konami any opportunity to read this forum and go "we've nailed it, this is all they want from the gameplay, supremely simple passing and bullshit AI", I care enough about the game to be desperate for it to be good - the fact that I'm still fucking loading it up after every patch and not just selling the game and giving up should speak volumes. I'm no troll, I'm a PES enthusiast and I will be until the end.)

When I see people speak about placebo effect :CONF:
Why would they not mention any gameplay enhancements in the patch notes then?

Come on Thomas, they wouldn't make secret gameplay changes, they'd shout about it on Twitter to prove that they still care about us, they'd milk every opportunity for good PR they could. What would be the point in improving a product and telling NOBODY ABOUT IT? Wake up - or alternatively, take some comparison videos and prove me wrong, because I can take videos all day long and show how poor the game is in some pretty crucial aspects (I'd like the AI to score a different goal now and then, for example - what happened to PES fans saying "you never see the same goal twice in PES", that used to be almost the ENTIRE APPEAL of playing PES instead of FIFA, and now, mysteriously, PES fans don't seem to care about that - it suddenly doesn't really matter any more, because Konami can do what they want and we still buy it like idiots - it's a terrible game and a travesty compared to the old games, seriously).

Last edited:
I don't see no difference in gameplay at all.
Played the group stages of Euro with Belgium.

On the highest difficulty level:

5-0 against Italy. Not a single foul in the game.
3-1 against Ireland. 1 foul in the game.
4-0 against Sweden. 3 fouls in the game.

After the group stages De Bruyne is top assister with 5 assists. He also scored twice. His ratings: 3 times 6,5/10.

Why would they not mention any gameplay enhancements in the patch notes then?

Come on Thomas, they wouldn't make secret gameplay changes, they'd shout about it on Twitter to prove that they still care about us, they'd milk every opportunity for good PR they could. What would be the point in improving a product and telling NOBODY ABOUT IT? Wake up - or alternatively, take some comparison videos and prove me wrong, because I can take videos all day long and show how poor the game is in some pretty crucial aspects (I'd like the AI to score a different goal now and then, for example - what happened to PES fans saying "you never see the same goal twice in PES", that used to be almost the ENTIRE APPEAL of playing PES instead of FIFA, and now, mysteriously, PES fans don't seem to care about that - it suddenly doesn't really matter any more, because Konami can do what they want and we still buy it like idiots - it's a terrible game and a travesty compared to the old games, seriously).
Chris I want to precised that I play only in full manual and Konami never speak about gameplay enhancements in the patchs, only for technical bugs.

I play only one time by week, with friends for 2vs2 offline or 2 or 3 against the CPU during few hours and believe me the game after the EURO dlc change for sure ! I don't have Tweeter, but maybe you can show my change list too Adam and ask to him if it's true or not.

Did you see already the goalkeeper animation (hard to explain for a French guy) when the gk slide outside the pk area with the ball on this hand and finally can turn outside the area and the ball in the gk hand still in the area ? I saw this yesterday for the first time but maybe it's in the game before the last update.

Okay Thomas, I apologise, there may be bug fixes in there that I haven't noticed.

It just makes me so annoyed as a true PES fan and someone who buys the game every year to see the game given such high praise and make Konami think this kind of basic, repetitive gameplay is fun.

Also, as great as the graphics are, they then do this...

Apparently the lyrics to England's national anthem have been changed to "AAAHHH meep meep, AAAHHH meep, AAAHHH meep meep, AAAHHH meep, AAAHHH meep meep" (everybody now), "AAAHHH meep"...

https://youtu.be/uNxl0E9aqwQ

EDIT: After that shitty CPU goal went in, the low-shot-to-the-corner (see previous post), I rage-quitted the game.

I've just turned on the PS4 to replay the match, and guess what.

They score two carbon-copy fucking goals.

The original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48AyxavugE

And now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eohM2FmO6es

Does nobody else feel like the psychopath from The Shining programmed this game? I just imagine a typewriter in the corner of the Konami offices with a piece of paper inserted, which reads:

Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner. Low shot into the corner.

Those who are "enjoying it for what it is", man, I don't know how you do it but I salute you. I just feel insulted playing this fucking game.

Last edited:
People that enjoy the game for what it is have just accepted its flaws. It seems you can't accept them, you shouldn't really play the game if you feel that way, you will never enjoy it.

I sold mine months ago, i felt it was a big step backwards compared to Pes 2015, simply couldn't enjoy it for reason different to yours. Let's see next year what brings.

I don't see no difference in gameplay at all.
Played the group stages of Euro with Belgium.

On the highest difficulty level:

5-0 against Italy. Not a single foul in the game.
3-1 against Ireland. 1 foul in the game.
4-0 against Sweden. 3 fouls in the game.

After the group stages De Bruyne is top assister with 5 assists. He also scored twice. His ratings: 3 times 6,5/10.

So, i guess it's still too easy to break defences apart.

So, i guess it's still too easy to break defences apart.

Yout can still Sprint through midfield and the AI backs off until edge of the area..the biggest flaws are the original ones ..low shots as mentioned above , lack of fouls and goal keeper save animation ..it's very repetitive and pure arcade Sprint end to end..fifa and pes have basically swapped places. I think another issue is first touch and pass physics ..in the video above with the low shots Wales are pinging it about with perfect passes followed by perfect first touches..There's no bobble or poor touch..with Fifa with a poorer player you need to trap the ball,stop and think about the next pass

Chris, no one's denying anything you're showing though? That doesn't mean other changes happened to the game. Personally the game feels slower. I've seen other little subtle changes as well but I won't mention them because I want to finish the tourney, play another mode and see if I still see them. I want to know if it's all just coincidence, is it just Euro cup mode, is it every other mode apart from ML, etc.

I just don't see how it's playable with those issues there, Lami. If someone said "oh FIFA's great apart from" and then listed something incredibly important (like "the missing fouls", which you've said yourself is a part of football and something you want to see), people would laugh in their face and say "how can you call it football without that". But because it's PES, it's okay, you can "enjoy it for what it is"...

I'm just frustrated, and frustrated at the praise it gets, and the idea that it's somehow *secretly* great. Adam has already tweeted "glad you're all loving the DLC so much", the same way he tweeted about PES being called "the best football game ever". It's got one stadium, it's got one mode, it looks ridiculous if you watch a match intro thanks to the facial animations that aren't even CLOSE to matching the national anthems (not that that's important - my point being)... As far as Adam is concerned, we think it's amazing and we're all having the time of our lives on the "best football game ever made" (review quote).

(How can the best football game ever made feature AI that can only score one type of goal?)

But I don't think it's (entirely) him kidding himself - I think he reads so much blind praise that criticism just fades into the background and doesn't have any weight to it because not enough people are asking what the fuck has happened to PES. That's the problem, as far as I'm concerned, and I guess with the videos, I'm just hoping that it makes a few more people say "actually yeah, this is nowhere near good enough is it".

I just want him, and Konami, to see the reality, because I want to play an amazing football game again (without having to go backwards)...

Last edited:
To suggest the COM can score only one type of goal is complete and utter hyperbole of the highest order. I would say there is a lack of variety, yes, but it isn't completely lacking.

As for the no fouls. Again, to say there are no fouls is wide of the mark. Not enough, but not zero either.

I actually enjoy reading your input otherwise Chris.

Not really. There are a lot of ways to make this game more challenging. Playing manual is one of them. I don't think you can get these kind of scores on full manual.

Dude it's still easy to break defenses apart, once you get into momentum doing diagonal runs with one player from one end to the other, it's all about timing your acceleration and sprint, and once in momentum the AI just follows sometimes they make that tackle but easily avoided, the game is damaged and no effort at all to fix this issue, which I'm very disappointed and am gonna keep a close on this come pes 17. As much as Fifa has its faults, the first touch between a lesser and better player is a lot better than pes, if konami continue this, they are catering for a causal audience, will wait and see.

You know what will happen?
In the buildup to PES 2017 Adam and Asim will talk about the early versions of the new game and they will say it's better than 2016 because it has solved problems they now deny. This happens every year.

Still i think Adam has kind of saved PES. What we have now is not good enough, but it would be wors without him. He is not to blame.

Yout can still Sprint through midfield and the AI backs off until edge of the area..the biggest flaws are the original ones ..low shots as mentioned above , lack of fouls and goal keeper save animation ..it's very repetitive and pure arcade Sprint end to end..fifa and pes have basically swapped places. I think another issue is first touch and pass physics ..in the video above with the low shots Wales are pinging it about with perfect passes followed by perfect first touches..There's no bobble or poor touch..with Fifa with a poorer player you need to trap the ball,stop and think about the next pass

You can't sprint through the midfield against every team, maybe against teams who's on all out defense.

About Low shots I agree the AI needs more variations they had this on previous games but don't why in 2016 they only shoot high in first time shots.

Lack of fouls? Not really, some games do lack fouls but others end up with many fouls, you just need to play the game more to see this. FIFA has the same issues, just look at Matt10's youtube there are many games in his career mode that ends with no fouls at all or only one or two fouls. The problem the game has is actually the advantage system. The referees don't when to give an advantage and when to call it a foul, this is what FIFA has IMO.

Goalkeepers have been tweaked, I can feel it, they make more saves and react better to shots. Animation-wise I agree this game needs more and I mean a lot more animations to make it better, not only the goalkeepers but everything from player movements even when they're standing, dribbling, shooting, everything.

For the passing and shooting, you need to put it on full manuals to make it more realistic because konami messed up the pass assistance this year. If you're on manuals than the first touch won't be that much of an issue because it will be more difficult to make a perfect pass. And if you put the passing the manual it will also affect the AI, they will make mistakes, but bigger teams can still play the ball around like Barca.

I just don't see how it's playable with those issues there, Lami. If someone said "oh FIFA's great apart from" and then listed something incredibly important (like "the missing fouls", which you've said yourself is a part of football and something you want to see), people would laugh in their face and say "how can you call it football without that". But because it's PES, it's okay, you can "enjoy it for what it is"...

I'm just frustrated, and frustrated at the praise it gets, and the idea that it's somehow *secretly* great. Adam has already tweeted "glad you're all loving the DLC so much", the same way he tweeted about PES being called "the best football game ever". It's got one stadium, it's got one mode, it looks ridiculous if you watch a match intro thanks to the facial animations that aren't even CLOSE to matching the national anthems (not that that's important - my point being)... As far as Adam is concerned, we think it's amazing and we're all having the time of our lives on the "best football game ever made" (review quote).

(How can the best football game ever made feature AI that can only score one type of goal?)

But I don't think it's (entirely) him kidding himself - I think he reads so much blind praise that criticism just fades into the background and doesn't have any weight to it because not enough people are asking what the fuck has happened to PES. That's the problem, as far as I'm concerned, and I guess with the videos, I'm just hoping that it makes a few more people say "actually yeah, this is nowhere near good enough is it".

I just want him, and Konami, to see the reality, because I want to play an amazing football game again (without having to go backwards)...

Maybe you think it's a fanboy thing and you might be right, or maybe people who loves the game just want to enjoy it without having to rant about every little thing that bothers their mind.

I think you're exaggerating if you say the game is unplayable with the issues it has.

The AI scores many types of goals, low shots, headers, and high shots from first time kicks, the problem is I don't see the AI scoring high shots from a dribbling run, they always shoot low. IRL, most players do tend to shoot low and hard more but not all the time, I don't know why Konami can't fix this, in PES 2014 and 2015 that has the same engine, they AI do make high shots (not from first time shots)

This debate happens every single year. First there is the hype of the new game, than the stage people enjoy and love the game, than they start finding the flaws which will then bring them to the ranting stage and start playing older games (which they hated before) and go full nostalgia.

You know what will happen?
In the buildup to PES 2017 Adam and Asim will talk about the early versions of the new game and they will say it's better than 2016 because it has solved problems they now deny. This happens every year.

Still i think Adam has kind of saved PES. What we have now is not good enough, but it would be wors without him. He is not to blame.

I agree with this.

When they promoted pes 2016 in E3, Adam said that PES 2015 had great gameplay and admited they it had poor game modes and how they added great modes in 2016. This is contradictory to what he's been tweeting about the year before like "who cares about game modes when you have great gameplay"

And how exactly did Adam save PES?

If some people enjoy the game let them enjoy it, half the stuff said on here would be considered as trolling if newcomers said it. I don't understand people throwing a tantrum because somebody else enjoys the game or do they believe they know whats good for us? If I went onto the Fifa site and had a big rant about how we're all dumb to play it and the game is bollocks I'd get fucked off it immediately and get labelled as a control freak/begrudger!

Let people make their own mind up .. . they're not offending anyone.

If some people enjoy the game let them enjoy it, half the stuff said on here would be considered as trolling if newcomers said it.
I don't see how constructive criticism and self-recorded evidence can be labelled as "trolling".

Surely the definition of trolling is attempting to cause arguments, making statements without evidence, and/or generally being personally insulting.

I apologise if anyone is offended at my rants (and they are rants, because of how let down I feel by Konami through my years of faith). I just want a few more people to see through the game so that a few more people might tell Adam the game isn't good enough (which, in my opinion, it isn't - and it is just an opinion, but I'm trying to back up my opinion with as much evidence as possible to prove that it is entirely valid and based on fact), and then maybe next year's game won't have the same fundamental flaws.

I do this because I don't want to play FIFA, it's not tactically deep enough, and yet I dislike PES even more, and next year, I want to be able to love a football game again, and play it beyond the turn of a new year.

(Also, I doubt you'd get thrown off a FIFA forum if you uploaded a video of the CPU scoring the exact same goal against you over and over again and saying "this is poor, isn't it". You might start a discussion, but if you're keen enough to record and upload several pieces of evidence to back up your statement, then clearly you care about your statement being considered to be valid, clearly you've played the game for long enough for your opinion to be valid, and clearly there is an issue with the game... Just like when I uploaded videos of how bad FIFA 15's defending was to the same channel I've uploaded the previous videos to, by the way.)

However, I'll keep any new video uploads to YouTube, I've made my point (and sadly, that point is still completely overlooked, so, I give up, my aim isn't to offend - it's to change public opinion before it's too late and PES permanently becomes an arcade football game with great faces and no substance).

Last edited:
Guys, I am not really into editing news of PES 2016, but do we already have any editor capable of doing global edits?

At least in earlier PES games, decreasing body balance used to bring a lot more fouls into the game. Would wonder if the same could be applied in PES 2016.

I don't see how constructive criticism and self-recorded evidence can be labelled as "trolling".

Surely the definition of trolling is attempting to cause arguments, making statements without evidence, and/or generally being personally insulting.

I'm not doing any of that. I just want a few more people to see through the game so that a few more people might tell Adam the game isn't good enough (which, in my opinion, it isn't - and it is just an opinion, but I'm trying to back up my opinion with as much evidence as possible to prove that it is entirely valid and based on fact), and then maybe next year's game won't have the same fundamental flaws.

I do this because I don't want to play FIFA, it's not tactically deep enough, and yet I dislike PES even more, and next year, I want to be able to love a football game again, and play it beyond the turn of a new year.

(Also, I doubt you'd get thrown off a FIFA forum if you uploaded a video of the CPU scoring the exact same goal against you over and over again and saying "this is poor, isn't it". You might start a discussion, but if you're keen enough to record and upload several pieces of evidence to back up your statement, then clearly you care about your statement being considered to be valid, clearly you've played the game for long enough for your opinion to be valid, and clearly there is an issue with the game... Just like when I uploaded videos of how bad FIFA 15's defending was to the same channel I've uploaded the previous videos to, by the way.)

However, I'll keep any new video uploads to YouTube, I've made my point (and sadly, that point is still completely overlooked, so, I give up, my aim isn't to offend - it's to change public opinion before it's too late and PES permanently becomes an arcade football game with great faces and no substance).

Other people on this site can see the faults with the game and don't need it rammed down their throats every time there's positive posts about it. Nobody will change Konamis way of doing things, it's a business, you've made your points numerous times, we know how you feel. ..the rest of us were giving our views on the new dlc and gameplay and trying to get whatever pleasure we can from the game . . .is that such a crime? How dare we actually enjoy it. You can upload whatever you like, you won't ruin my pleasure of playing it. Now cue Gerd in to back you up.

You can upload whatever you like, you won't ruin my pleasure of playing it. Now cue Gerd in to back you up.
:BORED:

Great, enjoy it, I wouldn't spend so long playing, recording, trimming, uploading, posting to Evo-Web on my phone (which is awkward as balls) because I wanted to "ruin your pleasure". I've explained why, but clearly you don't see my point of view.

(Funny you should mention Gerd when I've just edited my post to say that I entirely disagree with him! :LOL: That's not trolling by the way, don't get upset, I'm just making the point, again... I just want the game to get better...)

:BORED:

Great, enjoy it, I wouldn't spend so long playing, recording, trimming, uploading, posting to Evo-Web on my phone (which is awkward as balls) because I wanted to "ruin your pleasure". I've explained why, but clearly you don't see my point of view.

(Funny you should mention Gerd when I've just edited my post to say that I entirely disagree with him! :LOL: That's not trolling by the way, don't get upset, I'm just making the point, again... I just want the game to get better...)

I don't think anyone could miss your point of view don't worry. . .Do you think all those faults that you've uploaded are invisible to the rest of us and we need you to highlight them all year round? We all know what's wrong with the game but there have been improvements. Is your answer to all of this for everyone not to play the game? cos it looks that way. Enjoy Fifa and I'll enjoy pes.

Back
Top Bottom