PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS3/X360)

Initial impressions of myclub online.. Its like running in treacle with the game speed turned down 25-30% and poor frame rates.. Not nice with a team of donkey's...

Has anyone else encountered problems connecting to other users online? It finds people but then keeps saying unable to connect. I could connect to a few people before but now I cannot connect to anyone. :(

PS3 Demo impressions ...,

I played it a lot and the shooting is a tad overpowered, some of the passing is too quick when set to 3 or 4 bars, superhuman trapping on high bars too.

But all in all, I'm having a blast. Every game is ebb and flow against a human opponent, I only played a few vs. CPU.

It reminds me a little of PES6, you feel free-er (word? lol) with your options and can vary passes better than 2014, also the gamespeed is good. One thing I did notice was that crossing the ball seems to have been worked on as the feeling and angle needed for a good cross look way more natural than last year. I can't dribble though, any tips would be appreciated :D

I think if they tweak the shooting and make passes way less accurate on 2+ bars, this could be a killer game.

For me, anything up and above Zero Passing Assist, moved further away from the historic philosophy of PES. But, they have gone down the road of offering die hard simulation PES players what we want and crave. The option to have it as real as it gets.

Too many reasons to list.

But they have also gone for the casual arcade fan, with a strong emphasis on arcade but with classic PES traits in lesser measure.

R2 shots are less 'bankers' with more realistic error. Also, R2 shots are now dictated by the relevant situation. They produce chips and dinks, rather than justs the placed side-foot into the bottom corner. R2 Controlled shots from range, with power are much better, more variation and harder shot power.

R2 passes with L2 manual pass are vast in the available options.

R2 and X - Composed Pass - now has the option to hit much longer passes with power. But true to the game IRL, more power, even with the side of the boot, loses accuracy with added power. Class.

R2 and Circle for lofted pass, or dink without power, are the best for me. Love them

Early Cross option has gone on Zero Pass, much harder, but in previous PES games, a tad too accurate and glitch friendly.

R2 to side-step whilst held, followed by a direction and Double Sprint with brilliant and very realistic. More evident with Explosive Power and Speed players. As IRL.

The free entity, that of the new ball physics, is the best ever. And opens up so many new scenarios across every level.

Teams now have a very prominent feel with regards style of play. Tribute the the new tactical options and Free Flow options and settings, and superb individuality in the players.

They have done this by adding another stat scoring indicator with the 3 Stat OVR. This shows the difference in strengths and weaknesses in detail. They also have really lowered the stats for all players in relevant areas. So you, more than ever, (on Zero Pass) need to use them to their full potential by doing what they do right.

Even the cream of the crop players have bigger hits, statwise, than ever before.

In the past, great players were good everywhere. Messi would win challenge by scripted outcomes via lucky bounce or run of the green, Messi won the battle in a challenge because he was Messi and an OVR rating higher than a giraffe on stilts.

Not now physicality and strength play the deciding factor, as the stat dictates.

Right enough for now, more to come....

And Sat, R2 works well, but hold right stick in a direction either before or after receipt of the ball, the push the left stick/pad in a direction as well. These are feints, body swerves, drag and rolls, and lots more. The feints are are player specific, more so with the players with cute quick feet and trick based stats. And most important in total relevance, is the direction you push the sticks, they are directional dictated feints.

So many body angles and freedom, speed injections, the ability to drift past players is gorgeous. Like IRL.

Glitch Pressure Defending has been addressed.

Keepers, so many more animations, coupled with a Free Ball entity make for a more realistic varied experience.

But, Dead Ball and FK options still the same shitty system. FFS, give us both options. Why change the system that was, IMO, for so many reasons, the best part of PES for me.

Last edited:
Once again there are no fouls in this game but I've also noticed that there are hardly any throw ins. I wanted to make a sub at around the 60th minute but the ball didn't go out of play until about 88th so there wasn't much point. I find its playing ok but with no fouls and no free kicks it is a bit of a game breaker for me. I know that this has been a problem since PES5 but I was hoping they would have fixed that.

Also, I know it was the same last year, but not being able to check other teams stats like bookings and goals when playing a tournament makes me wonder if the CPU teams actually get bookings in their 'generated' games.

Once again there are no fouls in this game but I've also noticed that there are hardly any throw ins. I wanted to make a sub at around the 60th minute but the ball didn't go out of play until about 88th so there wasn't much point. I find its playing ok but with no fouls and no free kicks it is a bit of a game breaker for me. I know that this has been a problem since PES5 but I was hoping they would have fixed that.

Also, I know it was the same last year, but not being able to check other teams stats like bookings and goals when playing a tournament makes me wonder if the CPU teams actually get bookings in their 'generated' games.
I get fouled all over the place by the CPU, late tackles and legs sticking out as you try to go past defender's.. Also I couldnt you just put the ball out it your that desperate to makes changes? I used to do this on the early ps2 pro evos

I get fouled all over the place by the CPU, late tackles and legs sticking out as you try to go past defender's.. Also I couldnt you just put the ball out it your that desperate to makes changes? I used to do this on the early ps2 pro evos

Are you playing on PS3 or XBOX?

I play on PS3. I've played 4 games so far on professional in the Champions League and there has been one free kick. There was one strange incident when my striker, Adebayor, brought the defender down and got the ball to have a shot which the GK parried. I only realised it was a foul when the ref booked him about 30mins after when there was finally a break in play. The strange thing is that the ref allowed him to play on to take a shot.

Why would I want to give possession away when I'm losing to bring on a sub? The only time I've done that is if I've got a player down injured and then the CPU kicks it back. But that is on PES5.

Doesnt R2 and the pass button trigger the one-two run? Whats this composed pass u talk about?

Pressing R2 after a pass initiates a run, as does the 1-2 option and the pick a man off the ball and send him with the Right Stick and Change Cursor button.

A Composure pass is when you hold R2 and press X, really good for Zero Pass Assistance players.

Try everything I've wrote above, it's all correct.

Btw, just picked my copy up ;)

So in real life if you've currently got possession and you want to make a substitution, how do you go about it?

If I have possession and one of my players is injured then I would kick the ball out of play so that he can be substituted. But if it's tactical I would wait for the ball to go out of play to make the sub. Normally the ball goes out quite a lot in real football so it doesn't need to be kicked out.

I know that PES2015 is not real football but waiting around 30 'game time' minutes for the ball to go out of play is quite a long time and it happens quite a lot in the matches I've played. PES5 is also not real football but it handles breaks in play (throw ins, free kicks etc...) quite realistically.

Anyways apologies for dragging out this off topic discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree ;)

pre-order shit is live! Or rather, we have a redeem code (check your psn inbox) to activate download of the game. Friggin finally.

PS3 Demo impressions ...,

For me, anything up and above Zero Passing Assist, moved further away from the historic philosophy of PES. But, they have gone down the road of offering die hard simulation PES players what we want and crave. The option to have it as real as it gets.

Too many reasons to list.

But they have also gone for the casual arcade fan, with a strong emphasis on arcade but with classic PES traits in lesser measure.

R2 shots are less 'bankers' with more realistic error. Also, R2 shots are now dictated by the relevant situation. They produce chips and dinks, rather than justs the placed side-foot into the bottom corner. R2 Controlled shots from range, with power are much better, more variation and harder shot power.

R2 passes with L2 manual pass are vast in the available options.

R2 and X - Composed Pass - now has the option to hit much longer passes with power. But true to the game IRL, more power, even with the side of the boot, loses accuracy with added power. Class.

R2 and Circle for lofted pass, or dink without power, are the best for me. Love them

Early Cross option has gone on Zero Pass, much harder, but in previous PES games, a tad too accurate and glitch friendly.

R2 to side-step whilst held, followed by a direction and Double Sprint with brilliant and very realistic. More evident with Explosive Power and Speed players. As IRL.

The free entity, that of the new ball physics, is the best ever. And opens up so many new scenarios across every level.

Teams now have a very prominent feel with regards style of play. Tribute the the new tactical options and Free Flow options and settings, and superb individuality in the players.

They have done this by adding another stat scoring indicator with the 3 Stat OVR. This shows the difference in strengths and weaknesses in detail. They also have really lowered the stats for all players in relevant areas. So you, more than ever, (on Zero Pass) need to use them to their full potential by doing what they do right.

Even the cream of the crop players have bigger hits, statwise, than ever before.

In the past, great players were good everywhere. Messi would win challenge by scripted outcomes via lucky bounce or run of the green, Messi won the battle in a challenge because he was Messi and an OVR rating higher than a giraffe on stilts.

Not now physicality and strength play the deciding factor, as the stat dictates.

Right enough for now, more to come....

And Sat, R2 works well, but hold right stick in a direction either before or after receipt of the ball, the push the left stick/pad in a direction as well. These are feints, body swerves, drag and rolls, and lots more. The feints are are player specific, more so with the players with cute quick feet and trick based stats. And most important in total relevance, is the direction you push the sticks, they are directional dictated feints.

So many body angles and freedom, speed injections, the ability to drift past players is gorgeous. Like IRL.

Glitch Pressure Defending has been addressed.

Keepers, so many more animations, coupled with a Free Ball entity make for a more realistic varied experience.

But, Dead Ball and FK options still the same shitty system. FFS, give us both options. Why change the system that was, IMO, for so many reasons, the best part of PES for me.

Thanks dude, I've hammered it since and found my flow on zero assist. :D

How's online Jimmy?

If I have possession and one of my players is injured then I would kick the ball out of play so that he can be substituted. But if it's tactical I would wait for the ball to go out of play to make the sub. Normally the ball goes out quite a lot in real football so it doesn't need to be kicked out.

I know that PES2015 is not real football but waiting around 30 'game time' minutes for the ball to go out of play is quite a long time and it happens quite a lot in the matches I've played. PES5 is also not real football but it handles breaks in play (throw ins, free kicks etc...) quite realistically.

Anyways apologies for dragging out this off topic discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree ;)

No worries. Although I'm not sure what the game can do, force the ball out of play at regular intervals? Either way this is definitely not a deal-breaker. Enjoy.

Thanks dude, I've hammered it since and found my flow on zero assist. :D

How's online Jimmy?

You're welcome brother ;)

Not tried online yet bud, there was a rumour there maybe Zero Pass lobbies, but not checked. Not holding my breath though.

Do you use R2 and X to help on Zero ?

Dudes, you won't believe this: in championship mode you cannot move the controller to the opposite side in the choose side menu, you can only play cooperative. I don't understand Konami, we struggled for years for that option to be back and now they take it away, AGAIN

What difficulty are you guys starting on? I went straight to Superstar and it's a bit hard to begin with

I'm on PS4 (I know I shouldn't be here but some of you cool dudes are still on the PS3 and want to share with you) and started BPL with Sunderland on Superstar on -1 speed and got hammered the first 3 games; 0-3, 0-3, 0-3. Was too hard for me so went down to Top Player and lost again 1-2 to West Brom then managed a 3-1 win in the next game vs Swansea who are sitting last :D

It's such a satisfying game. -1 might look slow to some but to me feels so natural.

Yeah I'm on -1 as well. Started a CL campaign with Liverpool to further check out Superstar level. Managed a 1-0 win but It was probably the difference between teams that got me the win as I was playing against Ludogoretz. CL campaign is an odd mix between accurate and not as there are some of the same teams in the group and I suppose the unlicensed teams being swapped out for other teams.

Yeah as I suspected I got a hammering from Real, 4-1 defeat. I think I will go down to Top player on my Ajax league campaign. But -1 defo feels fantastic.

Hi guys, the game feels weird and tends to crash when playing at the National Stadium, Warsaw. Anybody else on PS3 experience this?

In general, its a fun game, but it can play so differently from game to game. And I'm not talking about team style variation, I'm referring to really dodgy animation transitions etc, and rigidity of movement. Some games force me to pack it in for a bit to preserve my sanity. Konami don't seem to maintain a consistent coding framework so that there is a unified experience from game to game.

So I just booted up the game and the server connection failed. The game then froze on 'establishing communications' and now it just says my save data is corrupted. ouch.

Hello option file :) now pes you are a class act

6c44b3fde3633540c31083e4c7af411b.jpg

First option file I've seen so far http://www.pes-patch.com/2014/11/pesianity-pes2015-option-file-v1-for-ps3.html

Thank god no more of that horrible North London emblem :)

With regard to the ball not going out of play and freekicks etc, to be honest its The breakup in play in real life football that I hate the most. With all the diving around adding to the problem.. I can escape to a more fluid satisfying football with PES

Thanks for the link to the option file :)

I don't mind the break up in play and I also don't mind the more fluid play. It would have been good if there was a balance between the two. Maybe if some refs were stricter than others. I'm just missing free kicks around the box. Haven't seen a direct free kick yet :(

On a side note, how do I hit a first time shot without the player taking one or two touches beforehand?

Back
Top Bottom