PES 2015 Discussion Thread (PS3/X360)

Only played three games so far-one on Superstar and two on Top Player. Got battered three nil on superstar, played one on Top player on default settings lost one nil. Last match tweaked settings reduced speed and went to one bar assist 20 minute match(My own edited teams with no superstars) had three free kicks outside box two to CPU and one to me where I hit the shot into row Z. Really enjoying this so far just need to find best camera setting now.

Only played three games so far-one on Superstar and two on Top Player. Got battered three nil on superstar, played one on Top player on default settings lost one nil. Last match tweaked settings reduced speed and went to one bar assist 20 minute match(My own edited teams with no superstars) had three free kicks outside boxtwo to CPU and one to me where I hit the shot into row Z. Really enjoying this so far just need to find best camera setting now.

That's 3 more than me in 10 games. What do you play on PS3 or XBOX?

Im still rocking an old tube tv and its a pain to make some of the linup settings out. Is it no longer possible to move players on the pitch? And where is the option to switch between formations on the fly?

Once again there are no fouls in this game but I've also noticed that there are hardly any throw ins. I wanted to make a sub at around the 60th minute but the ball didn't go out of play until about 88th so there wasn't much point. I find its playing ok but with no fouls and no free kicks it is a bit of a game breaker for me. I know that this has been a problem since PES5 but I was hoping they would have fixed that.

Also, I know it was the same last year, but not being able to check other teams stats like bookings and goals when playing a tournament makes me wonder if the CPU teams actually get bookings in their 'generated' games.

After first five simulated games in my ML none of my clubs players have been booked...

Funny you guys are mentioning the-1 speed. I played some games yesterday I'm top player on 0. Was having a tough time defending the AI attack. After turning down the speed it is a bit more realistic and I have some time to get a tackle in. Plays a bit better.

On another note, no entrances scenes except when I played the champions league final. Too bad they aren't in all games. Not a big deal for me but did add to the environment. I wonder if they can incorporate them given its in that one game

Hi guys, the game feels weird and tends to crash when playing at the National Stadium, Warsaw. Anybody else on PS3 experience this?

In general, its a fun game, but it can play so differently from game to game. And I'm not talking about team style variation, I'm referring to really dodgy animation transitions etc, and rigidity of movement. Some games force me to pack it in for a bit to preserve my sanity. Konami don't seem to maintain a consistent coding framework so that there is a unified experience from game to game.

Yup, there must be something wrong with the coding on the warsaw stadium, because graphics go even shittier than in the other stadiums.

My WE2015 is unlocked finally. Been playing. Guess I need to get used to playing this game. Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would because I was playing like PES 2014 (I didn't play a lot of 2015 demo). With every game, I seem to understand and figure out the way to get the best out of this game and enjoy.

For me, the biggest part of my football gaming enjoyment is down to fixing the perfect camera angle. Still haven't settled down on a perfect cam. Any help would be appreciated. Can anyone tell which camera angle or camera setting is this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrRw_uXp2UI

Is it just me or the pitch feels a bit smaller than it normally does in PES?

OMG.. i'm so happy that someone else noticed it and not go crazy :D ... the pitch is extremely small in my opinion

Has anybody played against Boca Juniors? They seem to be really good at keeping possession. I was Melbourne Victory, playing against them on Regular and I struggled to get the ball off them. I lost 0-1 in the end, with a goal in the last 5 minutes. I really enjoyed that game.

I've been playing with a lot of below average (as in 1-2 star overall rating)[i/] teams and you can tell when you're handling players with not much ability on the ball. I find it fun and challenging when I'm using them against teams better than mine. Makes me appreciate playing with strong teams (over 3 star overall rating), when I occasionally do.

Im still rocking an old tube tv and its a pain to make some of the linup settings out. Is it no longer possible to move players on the pitch? And where is the option to switch between formations on the fly?

You can edit positions under the 2nd option. The line-up option doesn't have it now. I felt lost like you at first :)

just played my first games pes 2015 ,online divisions ,gameplay very nice ,best gameplay on ps3 for pes game,but have been playing the ps4 pes 2015 since yesterday and must say difference between grafics on ps4 and ps3 is huge,like day and night.
the level of detail on ps4 is great,vibrant colours,great crowds,a much better controller for ps4,and so on .
on ps3 the grafics are worse then pes 2013 ,but the very good gameplay saves it.
pes on ps4 is just from another level,on ps3 pes 2015 is great gameplay,on ps4 its the total package ,great grafics and gameplay.

Enjoying a ML, but I have to say... Im a bit frustrated that the CPU doesnt foul, and every small bump I do I get a yellow card.... I am not one to complain but I had 4 yellows and a red by not hard tackles. Of course when the AI takes me down its all good

just played my first games pes 2015 ,online divisions ,gameplay very nice ,best gameplay on ps3 for pes game,but have been playing the ps4 pes 2015 since yesterday and must say difference between grafics on ps4 and ps3 is huge,like day and night.
the level of detail on ps4 is great,vibrant colours,great crowds,a much better controller for ps4,and so on .
on ps3 the grafics are worse then pes 2013 ,but the very good gameplay saves it.
pes on ps4 is just from another level,on ps3 pes 2015 is great gameplay,on ps4 its the total package ,great grafics and gameplay.

But no OF on PS4. If someone were to ask 'should I buy a PS3 or a PS4 for PES15?', the answer must be PS3 this year. Maybe next year that will change. Hopefully by then PS4s will be £50 or so. :CONFUSE:

I'm not satisfied so far. There's no real reason to buy this on ps3 and play it instead of PES 2013, which has much better graphics, great individuality, tactical options and plays a great game of football. PES 2015 just irritates me on every front. You can definitely play a good game of football, but response time still is behind, graphics are utter shite (the pitch drives you crazy and makes you question if you're sober), animations are rigid, dribbling is better than Pes 14 but not as good as Pes 13; not as good response and bad speed control. Passing around with the ball feels just.. robotic and ice skating.

And don't let me start with the menus and presentation.. The UK studio literally kidnapped this game and turned it from a pleasant japanese style game to a western, Fifa'ish one with robotic mainstream-music.. They took away the identity of pes.

I really have low faith in the current Pes-team.. No offense but they all seem like a bunch of morons and football illiterates to me. Adam Bhatti with his Hip Hop Caps and what not.. No wonder they turned Pes into this. I used to love konami and japanese games but something just went wrong. Just the fact that they try to replicate old Pes games isnterad of focusing on real football and trying to create a real football game really says it all. They've gone back and forward for years and changed path every two years.. Nothing consistent.

I played Pes 2015 for two days and then turned on pes 2013 again and it felt like heaven (even though Pes 2013 is also lacking). If they'd jsut given us an updated version of that game it could keep me going for years.

But Pes 2015? Nah, people have really really low expectations. Yes, I bought it and bought every Pes because I'm a bit of a foolish costumer and need to learn to hold myself back more, but people and magazines praising Pes 15 so much is strange for me. Its like just because it turned a "western" style game with frantic and hectic football suddenly it became a good game, despite not having much new depth to offer from Pes 2013.

Last edited:
The first enjoyable PES since PES 6 for me. I feel like it lacks some element I cannot name from the old last-gen PES...it doesn't feel the same. But still, a decent game.

I'm having better luck on Top Player than Superstar but I feel that the midfield opens up a bit too much at times, allowing for long solo runs up the middle of the pitch.

Just had a heartbreaking loss against PSV, my Ajax was 0-1 up after 78 minutes and then they won in overtime. Still, I think Superstar and -1 may be the way to go for me.

Finally got the demo for xbox360 and played last night about 10 games on superstar and zero-bar with manual shooting. So this is merely first impression and way too early to judge really, but as first impressions go:

1. Imho it's again a graphical downgrade from the last version. Since PES 2010, every version of PES looked worse than the one before. The pitch alone looks awfully bleak and bright. And then there's the bad lighting.

2. Passing on zerobar feels too fast and zippy. It's like in the old times, zip, zip, zip go the passes in straight laser-lines.

3. The gameplay took a huge step back from realism towards the arcade-way of PES 5/6. The players feel like a lot of contextual animations were stripped from them to make them react faster. Yes they react faster which is good, but it feels a bit too reactive to be realistic and the animations are a tad too fast and it feels a bit robotic.
But it's not only that, the whole gameplay, how the players are organized on the pitch and how they cover and press, feels a step back from last year and restricted, unorganic and I get a strong onrail-feeling. It's like they tried to replicate that on-rail feeling of PES 5/6.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, I merely had ten games, it needs at least 50 games for me to really judge the game and find out what it is about.

But as first impression goes, I think at the moment it's worse than the latest patched version of PES 2014.

P.S.: Why is the PS4/Xb1-thread a sticky thread and this one not?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, I unequivocally disagree, quite strongly with 90 % of what you wrote there. I have no idea how you have drawn that conclusion.

I'm not satisfied so far. There's no real reason to buy this on ps3 and play it instead of PES 2013, which has much better graphics, great individuality, tactical options and plays a great game of football. PES 2015 just irritates me on every front. You can definitely play a good game of football, but response time still is behind, graphics are utter shite (the pitch drives you crazy and makes you question if you're sober), animations are rigid, dribbling is better than Pes 14 but not as good as Pes 13; not as good response and bad speed control. Passing around with the ball feels just.. robotic and ice skating.

And don't let me start with the menus and presentation.. The UK studio literally kidnapped this game and turned it from a pleasant japanese style game to a western, Fifa'ish one with robotic mainstream-music.. They took away the identity of pes.

I really have low faith in the current Pes-team.. No offense but they all seem like a bunch of morons and football illiterates to me. Adam Bhatti with his Hip Hop Caps and what not.. No wonder they turned Pes into this. I used to love konami and japanese games but something just went wrong. Just the fact that they try to replicate old Pes games isnterad of focusing on real football and trying to create a real football game really says it all. They've gone back and forward for years and changed path every two years.. Nothing consistent.

I played Pes 2015 for two days and then turned on pes 2013 again and it felt like heaven (even though Pes 2013 is also lacking). If they'd jsut given us an updated version of that game it could keep me going for years.

But Pes 2015? Nah, people have really really low expectations. Yes, I bought it and bought every Pes because I'm a bit of a foolish costumer and need to learn to hold myself back more, but people and magazines praising Pes 15 so much is strange for me. Its like just because it turned a "western" style game with frantic and hectic football suddenly it became a good game, despite not having much new depth to offer from Pes 2013.

One word: subjectivity.

"If they'd just given us an updated version of that game [PES2013] it could keep me going for years."

You mean "given me", not "us". Many people don't just want an updated version of PES2013. Many people prefer 2015. Konami has to cater to the many, not the few. But you don't lose, in fact you win. You can continue to enjoy PES2013 free of charge. That's awesome isn't it? Just sell PES2015 and try hard to not be 'foolish' by buying 16/17/18...

:COOL:

One word: subjectivity.

"If they'd just given us an updated version of that game [PES2013] it could keep me going for years."

You mean "given me", not "us". Many people don't just want an updated version of PES2013. Many people prefer 2015. Konami has to cater to the many, not the few. But you don't lose, in fact you win. You can continue to enjoy PES2013 free of charge. That's awesome isn't it? Just sell PES2015 and try hard to not be 'foolish' by buying 16/17/18...

:COOL:

Yeah, unfortunately they dumbed down the game to the lowest common denominator of the ignorant masses.

When sprinting with a defender nearby, I lose possession too easily.
How's the best way to fend them off?
Is there a control to Keep them abay, like the right analog stick from last year?

Also, is there any free Xbox 360 option file with the PL kits out yet?

Atletico Madrid has the craziest possession play I have yet seen. 74% possession with 95% passing rate, oddly enough they were happy just passing the ball around their own half, I think I got more shots on goal than they did.

Atletico Madrid has the craziest possession play I have yet seen. 74% possession with 95% passing rate, oddly enough they were happy just passing the ball around their own half, I think I got more shots on goal than they did.

Atletico is counterattacking team, so what you have to do is to set Attacking Style to Counter-attacking. Konami made a mistake in the default tactical setting for them.

I'm having better luck on Top Player than Superstar but I feel that the midfield opens up a bit too much at times, allowing for long solo runs up the middle of the pitch.

I'm having thr same difficulty.

Superstar is too hard right now, the AI are pinpoint with their passing accuracy and ball retention, even for poor championship sides, I also can't handle that go wide,cut inside shot on the turn move they try constantly.

On top player though there seems to be some moves that I can do that really open up the defence but sometimes it feels cheap and easy BUT saying that, at least i have more than 2 shots a game on top player and the results are more evened out, i'm winning, drawing and losing.

My biggest challenge is finding the right balance in my formation so that I can get the ball to stick up front, It's hard to get used to the new tactical system. At championship level it's really hard to play with a 70 rated lone frontman but in general 2 up front leaves you really open in the midfield. I also find that my wingers really stay wide, my current implementation is off the ball they are RMF/LMF and with possession they turn to LWF and RWF but in any case, neither of the wingers really get close enough to the striker to offer support. Maybe i should try making them both wide SS to try and get them more central.

Okay, so first time I've played it today. Obviously need about 200 games to fully assess etc, but anyway...

First impressions. Tracks are awesome, menu layout meh, still feels a bit clunky and that the game is going through sludge. Everything just seems so slow to navigate etc. May be just me, but the whole game seems to be taking the PS3 to the very max just going through the menus.

First aesthetic impressions were......what the fuck are these graphics. For 2014 the graphics (players seem blurry or something) seem a bit shite. But I can live with that. People gave touched on it, but the graphics from 2010 were about 100 times better so I don't know what the fuck is going on here. I quite like the grass, stadiums, lighting etc.

First game impressions are that technically, it's an astounding game. Playing the demo the one thing I was concerned about was that transition seemed to be too easy BUT...I'm glad to say this is because these were primarily the best teams in the world. What I wanted was a bobbly ball, and the inability of normal players to just have a silky touch and all feel like Messi.

I wanted it to be more like PES 2011 where shite/normal players felt just that. In this regard alone, the full game delivers. Even playing with a decent side like my Liverpool, average players feel just that, and I love it.

First game I lost 5-0 to Bayern Munich in a pre season, this was on 20 minutes, Superstar, zero assist. Loved. Every. Minute. Then the kid pressed the power button and I had to start again.

First pre season game next time round was against Real Madrid. Lost 5-0 again. In both these matches I was demolished. Possession was about 50-50 in each (which NOW actually feels like the CPU has it for ages because of the adjustment), and I was literally chasing the ball for long periods. Bayern first game had 20 odd shots, Real around the same.

Long story short; this seems a game that will really test the tactical aspect, and I for one cannot wait. I want to be camped with 11 men behind the ball against the worlds best sides. THIS is what I've been waiting for.

Trying to get forward was very tough, and zero assist I'm pretty sure will give you the most satisfaction, plus the most frustration. BUT...when you do hit that perfect through ball it's so satisfying.

So with just two games in, I'm already thinking about the tactical side and being more cautious. The whole build up play has changed. I can't praise it enough. Both your build up and the CPU is like watching a live game IMO.

Just my two cents. The defensive side of the human game is back baby. Something which has seemed to have been lost since the early PES days. Closing down lanes, making the CPU pass it sideways and backwards, not steaming in and holding lines and formations, all very very important.

I haven't scored yet so haven't had the satisfaction of a goal, but I just love the jostling, and the way you have to think out your attacks.

Anyway, just some initial thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom