PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Totally agree, it's been a problem for a long time, going back to PES5. Such a simple thing to put right and would please so many fans. I don't think Konami understand how much of an annoyance this is.

The only limit on the number of editing slots should be the size of the hard-drive. Why do Konami not appreciate this? Infinite edit slots would allow for whole leagues to be created and some truly awesome option files.

It's been one of the most common requests in feedback threads for years now, so I will be annoyed if nothing has changed for PES2012.:RANT:

I also want to see the edit mode opened up so shorts and socks can be fully edited, and custom fonts can be added. The edit mode is still rather limited, and again I don't think Konami realise how important it is to the community.

The stadium editor needs to be massively improved. I was really surprised and excited to hear of it's inclusion last year but that quickly turned to disappointment when I realised how limited it was. Perhaps it was a last minute addition and hence was rushed?

Agree, i don't understand why Koanmi don't just create a whole range of fake leagues, like 6-7 fake leagues if they don't have the license and let us edit them. ATM we have 1 and we only use that for The Bundersliga :( Also the 46 slots for badges :RANT: wtf!

As for the kits. I yes, full shorts and sock editing is needed, wouldn't it be great if you could just upload these to the PS3 so you have a choice of creating your own kit using the editor or doing everything by yourself like this:

The current stadium editor is very basic, i should be expanded but i don't really expect much from it anyway. More slots are needed for them.

I still think the generic stadiums i created are the way forward, i just hate it how there's what? 250/300 teams in the game and 24 stadiums to cover them all? i seen so many option files where people tried to create real ones which just didn't look at all like their real counterparts because the editor is too basic for that so i think it's better to create generic ones mostly.

Would like to see a huge amount of slot space and certain sectors being unlimited!

11 v 11 is pants anyway. In Fifa it was a joke. I'd much prefer 2v2 and leave it at that.
Correct - Clubs mode in FIFA 09/10 was a joke most of the time, it was very rare that you'd get a remotely realistically played match.

Even if you had a Club of people who know how to play properly, the chances of coming up against another side who did the same was pretty much zero.

The online community isn't mature enough for 11v11 to ever work.

I like 11 vs 11, it's just a laugh really. It resembles a hug game in the park with a load of kids between 7-10 where a couple of people (usually me) defending against 8 strikers.

Silly but very fun even if it is a joke!

As for the kits. I yes, full shorts and sock editing is needed, wouldn't it be great if you could just upload these to the PS3 so you have a choice of creating your own kit using the editor or doing everything by yourself like this:

Totally agree. Adding a kit png import feature would make editing an absolute breeze and the kits would be just as detailed (if not more) as the licenced ones.

The current stadium editor is very basic, i should be expanded but i don't really expect much from it anyway. More slots are needed for them.

I still think the generic stadiums i created are the way forward, i just hate it how there's what? 250/300 teams in the game and 24 stadiums to cover them all? i seen so many option files where people tried to create real ones which just didn't look at all like their real counterparts because the editor is too basic for that so i think it's better to create generic ones mostly.

Would like to see a huge amount of slot space and certain sectors being unlimited!

My biggest gripe with the stadium editor is the massive distance between the stands and the edge of the pitch. It's totally unrealistic and makes any English stadium look stupid.

That's why I think it was a last minute addition. Konami were worried about edited stadia messing up frame rates so decided to push the stands out of shot away from the pitch side. It's similar to PES5 where the crowd was missing from the seats in wide cam.

the only issue about full png kits is possibly the size my kits for example are anything from 40-120kb compared to the shirt files now which are 1-22kb,

then again, it's the whole kit compared to just the front of the shirt. A whole leagues kit's would consist of about 6MB which shouldn't be an issue

I'm not complaining about the stadium editor like i said, i think were lucky to have an stadium editor at all, but i expect it to be significantly improved!

Moving on, little things i expect:

- Snow, drenched pitches, crap pitches etc..

- very hard, dry African pitches

- Better responsiveness with celebrations (you see at times the player stand still for 2 seconds after scoring!

- Goal nets, they not just need to change but some region specific ones, thank you!
- short socks 'Totti' 'Thomas Mueller'

- select a crowd capacity

- Flares in game and more colour specific crowd depending on region

- Huge flags, (region specific for Portugal, Germany, Italy, South America, Eastern Europe)

- proper tidy up and animations freshen up, i don't want to see the same age old rabona animation from PES 3, age old celebrations and the robotic sidestep animation, updates to all the really old PS2 animations still in the game for some reason.

Mostly things that were int he PS2 version but where taken out?

Hopefully unlimited editing based on HD size isnt too far away. To be fair to Konami, they have already made the first step in this regard with unlimited chants and MP3 slots based purely on HD size. This was available in PES 2011 for the first time ever, so they definately moving in the right direction in this regard. 1 down, 1 to go.

11 v 11 is pants anyway. In Fifa it was a joke. I'd much prefer 2v2 and leave it at that.
It aint pants if you play with people you know. i ran a succesful Club team on the ps3 version from 08 to 11 and we played solid for a few years.

yea there are flaws in the game mode but so are they in 1v1 or 2v2. Give me some reasons why 11v11 is crap?

edit: Rob you say its pants because you hardly play against another club playing proper football? well same thing happens in 1v1 mate. hardly anyone plays proper football. All you get in fifa 1v1 is barcelona/united teams playing ping pong football.

Realistic innit!

Like i said, i have ran a Club team on fifa with over 30 members and majority of the games we play were fine. there were some clubs who play properly without exploits but if you want an exploit free game of football online, good luck because there is no such thing.

Last edited:
Would be nice if the stadium creator allowed for us to make a round stadium.

edit: Rob you say its pants because you hardly play against another club playing proper football? well same thing happens in 1v1 mate. hardly anyone plays proper football. All you get in fifa 1v1 is barcelona/united teams playing ping pong football.
That's right, but you can only control one (two if you use double-pressure) player at a time in 1v1, the AI keeps the rest of the players relatively in-position meaning it stays quite realistic on the whole even if people are sprinting everywhere.

However, in 5v5 or 10v10, you get people pissing about all over the pitch making the game not resemble football in the slightest!

Just uploaded a MLO compilation to the video thread, check it out guys! :D

That's right, but you can only control one (two if you use double-pressure) player at a time in 1v1, the AI keeps the rest of the players relatively in-position meaning it stays quite realistic on the whole even if people are sprinting everywhere.

However, in 5v5 or 10v10, you get people pissing about all over the pitch making the game not resemble football in the slightest!

Just uploaded a MLO compilation to the video thread, check it out guys! :D

Obviously I've never played Fifa Clubs, but that kind of sums up my pre-conceieved perception. I imagine the typical primary school playground scenario, with every kid chasing the ball like bee's around honey.

Well like i said, not all games with 10v10 are played like that. me and my fellow AVF blu rays have had some amazing games on this game mode.

In a "pub" game full of randoms, yes you get 10 headless chickens bombing forward all the time but in clubs mode it rarely happens as your playing with people you know.

Just like a typical clan vs clan match in a fps game. Your almost guaranteed team work on a clan vs clan match and that is all what 11v11 is in club mode.

- Off thread -
Bad news for us ps3 owners. There are rumors that the PSN will only return to work in may 31.

omg.. lol

It can work but PES isn't ready for it, online gamers are stupidly competitive so if the best way to play is realistic you'd be shocked at how realistic they'd play unfortunately that's not the best way to exploit so they use the most efficient method.

- Off thread -
Bad news for us ps3 owners. There are rumors that the PSN will only return to work in may 31.

omg.. lol

:YAWN:

There's more to life than games! If people can't wait that long then they need to re think their life, seriously!

I know great leagues such as PEEL will be down but again it's just a game!

The reason why this game is NEVER going to be an awesome game is the cpu/ai support wich try to create events in the game like are in real matches with take away the total control from you. And it dont mather how good you are or what team you choose, just a couple of random numbers decides the games just like in NBA2k games and i belive that Konami wont change this. Really sad.

I find what you have written really sad. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You should have gone to Specsavers.......

That's the cornerstone of PES to a certain degree and if you want a game where that doesn't happen then there's FIFA. I'd rather have the individual feeling of the game, even if that goes with presumably pre-determined outcomes of certain situations, rather than take 11 of the same player a la Fifzorz.

Your point was a bit vague but if you're arguing that at times the game does feel like it's taking things out of your hands and making you fight against the game then i could agree that they should tone it down a bit. I'm talking about things like:

- Some bad players not really looking like they have co-ordination abilities at times, which makes it feel like you're fighting against the game. I know kobayashi/klash doesn't agree but i think the bad players in the game are just so bad. It feels like they haven't played professional football at all and i feel like they struggled to balance a system whereby you can distinguish the difference between good and bad players without making the bad players terrible this time around at the most basic footballing skills.
- Always making your player move towards the ball is annoying
- Player switching obviously needs refining
- AI player runs need to be more intelligent still.

That said i feel way more hard done by in FIFA in regards to scripting events than i ever did in PES.

Last edited:
And it dont mather how good you are or what team you choose, just a couple of random numbers decides the games

That statement alone, in my opinion, is absolute rubbish. I only play PES, and I dont have a clue what your talking about.

The reason why this game is NEVER going to be an awesome game is the cpu/ai support wich try to create events in the game like are in real matches with take away the total control from you. And it dont mather how good you are or what team you choose, just a couple of random numbers decides the games just like in NBA2k games and i belive that Konami wont change this. Really sad.
i think i know what you mean.

in other words, what this guy is trying to say is that because on a 1v1 game you can only control up to 2 players in your team, the rest is heavily dependant on the AI.

This is why many people prefer playing online clubs. because there is next to no AI involved in it and the satisfaction of scoring cracking beutiful worked goal with 10 other human beings is far my satisfying and rewarding then doing it all on your own via 1v1.

Just a penny of thought there.

Its a shame some of you guys diddnt join my BAP team back in the day. We will however start a new one if FIFA 12 provides a better BAP mode then last year which went backwards.

But in real life you're not really in total control. It'll be extremely boring if its true, which it isn't. There's no such thing as total control mate. You real life attributes plus other things come into play. Football skills, teamwork, mentality, confidence, fitness, karma, fate etc.

- Better responsiveness with celebrations (you see at times the player stand still for 2 seconds after scoring!

- Goal nets, they not just need to change but some region specific ones, thank you!

- Huge flags, (region specific for Portugal, Germany, Italy, South America, Eastern Europe)

- proper tidy up and animations freshen up, i don't want to see the same age old rabona animation from PES 3, age old celebrations and the robotic sidestep animation, updates to all the really old PS2 animations still in the game for some reason.

I thing that Konami can include them in pes 2012 , because waas in old versions (like PES 6) and in feedback in all PES forums , so they know how to make ;

Last edited:

Good list and agree with everything. Most of those things were in PES5, 6 years ago. I find that a little depressing.

Obviously the gameplay is first, second and third, but it's about time Konami started putting back in all the little features that have been stripped out. This year will be the sixth next-gen PES and the game still feels a little basic.

For instance, the stadium atmosphere and appearance during a game is lifeless and dull. Bring back the colourful fans, big flags, banners, flares. Bring back the half-empty stadium for less important games. Bring back the choreographed ultras displays for big derby games. Record some decent and varied chants and crowd noise, localised for different countries.

Just add atmosphere full stop.

But in real life you're not really in total control. It'll be extremely boring if its true, which it isn't. There's no such thing as total control mate. You real life attributes plus other things come into play. Football skills, teamwork, mentality, confidence, fitness, karma, fate etc.

This.

I crapped myself when the words total freedom and manual passing were thrown around pre PES2011 because the thing that sets PES apart from other sports titles is the unbelievable player individuality it has no 2 players are the same. There is always a difference in performance based on stats, players build and I swear ethnicity. For some reason unbeknown to me African players have a natural body balance and strength to them that I cannot figure out. I love it though. If this somewhat scripted attribute is removed PES would have taken a massive step backwards. Its not only the African players. The italian defenders seem to perform above the norm regardless of the stats.

If I am looking for CBs in master league and see the following criteria; above 180m, Italian and 19 years of age it is an automatic buy because he already has the x-factor to play in the starting lineup and grow into the defensive leader role.

Surely this isn't all in my head.

everything what pes 6 had, plus some more great things such as ref selection, crowd cheers selection, scoreboard selector, more stadiums (famous ones), etc...

konami totally downgraded pes series :FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom