PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

FIFA news hits May 20th if im right so I guess they'll drop news the day before or after.

Sooner the better for Konami. EA are getting the jump on them this year, but with the events in Japan I guess Seabass and his team have had more important things to think about recently.

Good to see the AI mentioned straight off the bat, though.

some unconfirmed news on pes 2012, twitter has certainly got some gathered info on seabass's thoughts on pes 2012,

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Had more time with code. AI certainly improved for attacks, defending and decisions. Can’t say more at the momonet." Jon Murphy.

this is already good news, looks like we were speaking about the AI at times more than the graphics in the next instalment.

i would continue playing pes 2011 if there were some interesting things to play with friends...

when i and my friends play league, for example Serie A, and we choose 5 teams that time you can't participate on Champions League or Europe League, Cup, you can't see Calendar of matches and etc. All this things are enable when you play alone (1 player)
it would be great one of us plays on Cl, EL, playing hard in League

this must be corrected and PES will be more comfortable to play with friends

computerandvideogames.com/300440/news/pes-were-going-to-spend-a-few-years-rebuilding-says-konami/

I don't know what to make of this. I don't expect a shoo wow difference in PES 2012 but find the self confessed catch up to FIFAs quality laughable and a little puzzling.

Laughable? That's just the biggest blunder in years. even worse than pes2008, 2009 and 2010 combined. Trying to win over the fans, wanting their trust and then they say this. at WENB they are in defense already:

" This completely fuels my speculation about the future of PES, with Enomoto moving up. Also explains why PES 2012 is no revolution. Konami are using time wisely imo. Improving PES 2011 enough, but working harder behind the scenes for PES 2013.
IMO."

Now pes 2013 will be the revolution. O no wait. pes 2014....no probably pes 2017. i have always said pes 2017. ill stick to that one.

Fifa titles are 'quality' sports games in terms of sales/commercial appeal and more importantly build. They have a shit load of issues but you can't say that they're badly made games technically. I don't like them but in terms of build quality they're at a much higher level than PES even if PES is my preferred game. You know if FIFA wanted to make a 'hardcore game' they could do so easily if they changed a couple of simple things.

This guy is the UK Gen manager of Konami, somebody who has no affect on the game's technical side at all. He just sounds like he's being realistic talking about not battling FIFA for sales. I suspect people are upset that PES 2012 won't be a revolution but wake up people, this is a building process and if you didn't expect it to take many years (given that they only really started with PES 2010) then i just don't know what to say. They have a year of work to do this all in from PES 2011, can you name me any games that have 'revolutionised' themselves over just a year? Did anybody else not expect PES 2012 to be a refined version of PES 2011?

Last edited:
Laughable? That's just the biggest blunder in years. even worse than pes2008, 2009 and 2010 combined. Trying to win over the fans, wanting their trust and then they say this. at WENB they are in defense already:

" This completely fuels my speculation about the future of PES, with Enomoto moving up. Also explains why PES 2012 is no revolution. Konami are using time wisely imo. Improving PES 2011 enough, but working harder behind the scenes for PES 2013.
IMO."

Now pes 2013 will be the revolution. O no wait. pes 2014....no probably pes 2017. i have always said pes 2017. ill stick to that one.

they are playing on our nerves :RANT::RANT::RANT:

if i had big money i would really buy konami :)) PES for concrete and fired this shit idiot people, i've so maaannyyy ideas :(((((

Lol chillout. I still enjoy PES2011 and if you don't think it's better or vastly improved over any PES to date then I just don't know what to say. Apologies if this isn't PES2012 related Lami but maybe it's a hidden message from konami not to expect a completely brand spanking new game.

Tell me in which element of the game Pes is so behind Fifa?

i just remember one, animations
well, i expect pes 2012 to improve animations to a good level, and that's all
so, there is really no need to be worried about pes 2012, as long as it's a much improved, bug fixed Pes 2011

After reading that article I don't see what the fuss is about. Consider the following:

1. When has PES ever outsold Fifa?

Only once as far as I'm aware, yet until recently PES was always the far stronger game. Sales don't represent quality. As the article says, PES is successful on it's own terms i.e. smaller budget, smaller sales.

2. When has there ever been a real revolution in the history of PES?

Never in my opinion. You could use PES3 and PES2011 as examples of increased change, but there was nothing revolutionary about them. It's called Pro Evolution Soccer for a reason. Some years the game evolves more than others.

All this talk of three year cycles is rubbish. In that case PES2009 should have been the big one on this gen in the same way PES3 was on the PS2. There's no formula to it, Konami have simply struggled on this gen. More importantly, I've been playing Konami football games for long enough to know that sweeping changes are not their style.

So expect PES2012 to tidy-up many of PES2011's faults, add some new animations, a few new stadia, add some licences (and lose some others). That's how it goes each year.

I also don't see the problem.

You'd be a fool to expect a revolution that would make the game outsell FIFA, in fact I'd be worried if it did start to compete with FIFA for sales.

The market that PES aims to appeal to (sim-heads) is MUCH smaller than that of FIFA (casuals).
The one year PES outsold FIFA (PES6 v FIFA 07), it was when PES headed in the direction of a fast-paced, all-action arcade game which would be lapped up by casual football fans.

I'm happy for PES to sell enough to make just enough profit make it worthwhile, and not revolutionise itself if it means that I get a game that is to my taste (i.e. realistic).

Last edited by a moderator:
The first couple of hints have emerged from Adam at WENB:

If you enjoyed PES 2011 remotely, or certain elements, then you will love PES 2012. Seriously. The fluidity of the game compared to last year is insane (no more losing control of players stumbling etc). As is the AI of team mates (players covering proper zones of the pitch, support runs etc), as well as all the other annoyances that PES 2011 had with key gameplay elements.

I just fear, for those who want a complete change from PES 2011, they are the ones who won't be happy.
But trust me, seeing players not swamp around you mindlessly is an amazing feeling after annoying the hell out of me in PES 2011. Being able to ride challenges and always be in full control of your player when heavily pressured is another god send as the stumbling animation and other issues really frustrated me. Player change being completely fixed and redone...

I've said enough, but felt I needed to bring some good news to the community
icon_e_wink.gif
Sounds good to me.

Well said Jamez and rob I agree just don't understand why the UK konami head would say something like that.

I do not want PES to resemble FIFA in any way shape or form......maybe the sound work on FIFA WC 2010 because that was phenomenal.

Even the animations are overkill in my opinion and FIFAs animation engine doesn't take player individuality into consideration except on a very superficial level. For example Messi should easily be barged off the ball and subsequently lose possession because of his size, when infact it is nothing like that in real life.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about improved animations tbh. If it is not significant enough for Jon Murphy to tweet, then so be it. For me AI, player switching and collision detection were the major issues in PES 2011 and I really hope they have (at least) fixed these issues.

Imo I think this "catching up with FIFA" is in technical terms, since they said it themselves, in terms of gameplay the difference isn't big.

And of course people are reading too much into it, many of them weren't happy with PES2011 so they're in stance ready to criticize Konami at first opportunity, PES 2012 won't be enough for them.

Last edited:
Imo I think this "catching up with FIFA" is in technical terms, since they said it themselves, in terms of gameplay the difference isn't big.

This.

We all know PES2011 is the better game in terms of football principles, player individuality and AI. Ball physics, fluidity of animations and collision detection is where it trails behind Fifa, but these things are not the making of a great football game. Konami have got their priorities right at least.

This.

We all know PES2011 is the better game in terms of football principles, player individuality and AI. Ball physics, fluidity of animations and collision detection is where it trails behind Fifa, but these things are not the making of a great football game. Konami have got their priorities right at least.

It sounds like they got their priorities spot-on tbh this year, PES 2012 seems to be the year where they fix everything that was wrong with PES 2011 (that was the first good game in this generation) + trying to get as much as possible of the stuff the fans asked for on feedback sections.

This may be worrying for some because it makes it sound like although PES 2011 was a good game, with the current state of things, future games will never be 100% competent in technical terms unless there's a "rebuild from scratch". It could mean that animations and physics may not be everything people want them to be in PES 2012. I can understand such worries tbh, I also have them, but if they are at least half decent plus everything works as it should on the rest of the game aspects, I'll be more than happy.

Saying that, if there's indeed a "rebuild from scratch" on PES being prepared, is it for this generation? Maybe this means the announcement of the new XBOX and PS aren't too far away, and they already know that. Getting properly ready for them. Possibly.

I wouldn't get my hopes up about improved animations tbh. If it is not significant enough for Jon Murphy to tweet, then so be it. For me AI, player switching and collision detection were the major issues in PES 2011 and I really hope they have (at least) fixed these issues.

plus animations and keeper positioning (:PRAY: Konami)

Since PES 2009 the pro evolution soccer franchise is getting worst and worst.
If Knami guys try to make a game that is focused in fun and reality (not just a try of a soccer simulator like now) the new PES 2012 can back to the good pes versions.
PES 2008 was amazing, a lot of news that make the game better, but 09,10 and 11 the news just fucked up the game, not fun and not a simulator, just a terrible try of soccer video game.
And a message to Konami guys...
DONT FORGET YOU ARE FROM JAPAN!
PES MUST HAVE jLEAGUE, ME AND A LOT OF OTHER FANS JUST DONT GIVE A SHIT FOR LIGUE 1 or BUNDESLIGA, this 2 leagues and a lot of other teams like Underletch, AEK and all the rest of world tab teams are completely useless!

Since PES 2009 the pro evolution soccer franchise is getting worst and worst.
If Knami guys try to make a game that is focused in fun and reality (not just a try of a soccer simulator like now) the new PES 2012 can back to the good pes versions.
PES 2008 was amazing, a lot of news that make the game better, but 09,10 and 11 the news just fucked up the game, not fun and not a simulator, just a terrible try of soccer video game.
And a message to Konami guys...
DONT FORGET YOU ARE FROM JAPAN!
PES MUST HAVE jLEAGUE, ME AND A LOT OF OTHER FANS JUST DONT GIVE A SHIT FOR LIGUE 1 or BUNDESLIGA, this 2 leagues and a lot of other teams like Underletch, AEK and all the rest of world tab teams are completely useless!

That's not a nice thing to say. PES is a game sold to the west. Of course you'll find these teams in. If you want the J League and don't care about most of the European teams then you can always buy the J League versions on the PS2. Not sure if they have ones for the PS3 though.

Also, PES 2008 amazing?

:SHOCK:

Back
Top Bottom