PES 2011 Video Thread

funny how people keep saying PES is better at build up play, yet most of these so called 'proud goals' are individual skills.... anyone have more videos showing team work, like... errrr.. mine? (although it was not that good lol)

:WOOT:

What a strike by the way !!

What I like the best is the fact you let the ball drop to knee height before you pressed shoot. This makes me feel alot better about this abundance of Scissor Kicks we keep seeing. I figured alot of it was down to the fact we were pressing shoot too early, which in turn, produced an animation that was relevant to the height of the ball. It hasnt eradicated my fear, but it has certainly soothed it, and given credence to my initial theory. More of the same please. :)

Edit - Just watched all the goals on this page, awesome stuff chaps.

Last edited:
1 thing they lack : moving into open spaces, not just forward, in FIFA they can run to whatever space they could find.

After reading Olly's post about the change in the Penalty System, I thought I'd better check it out and see how it differed from PES 2010. The very same principles apply, the only difference being that you have to choose your direction first and the height second, and the power of the shot is all relevant to the player statistics. Also, the direction and how hard and long you have to hold it for has increased from last year, and is also probably stat related more so in this regard. I dont really understand the relevance of applying the height after the direction, and I actually preferred how they were in PES 2010, even though the fundamentals remain the same. You still will be rewarded for gambling on the corners, and it does come with exactly the same risk.

I set up a 2 player game last night, then just kept fouling myself with the other pad so I could get a penalty to practice them. I couldnt find the dink shot, I tried L1 and Shoot, R1 and Shoot, and L2 and R2 with Shoot, but nothing. I tried pulling back and Shoot, but that just kept ballooning them over, although it did float a little, so maybe it's something to do with pulling back. I need more practice to work that out.

I have made a video, and you can see from where the ball goes, which corner I was actually aiming for. Like I mentioned, you have to hold the direction more now, hence the reason some of these penalties at the beginning of the video didnt find the top corners like they would have done in PES 2010. I managed to get there in the end though.

Ok, so if you taking you penalty at the left end of the stadium, and in pitch view as opposed to behind the player. Press Shoot to start the run up. As soon as you player starts to move hold down on the pad or the stick for a second or so to choose the left hand side of the goal, the more you hold it, then further to the left of the goal it will go. Hold it for too long, and you will hit the ball left of the left post. Once you have choosen your direction, you then need to push your pad/stick towards the direction your facing for the height, in this case it would be left on the pad/stick. You need to do this just before the player makes contact with the ball. This part is very sensitive, so if you want height, apply it just before he strikes the ball, it's just a tap. That will give you the height.

If you in behind the player view, same proceedure, only hold left or right on the stick/pad to choose direction. And push up on the stick or pad for the height.

In the video's I tried to test this new system to apply the height for the most part, although I did attempt to put a few in the bottom corners as well.

YouTube - Penalty Mcschmellenty

Last edited:
No foul was given for this tackle:

YouTube - PES 2011 - No foul?

Lol :P.

:CONFUSE:

Seriously though, thats nothing compared to a foul that went unpunished last night when I was hacking my own players, in the box, with the player 2 pad so I could practice penalties. I literally went straight through the back of my Alessandro, studs up, nearly crippled him, and no foul. I welcome ref's missing things here and there, but that was ridiculous. It was more ABH than a bad tackle, I've known lads who have served 18 months for less. :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
This game is pissing me off. Every time i have the ball all my players want to do is stay back so i have no support. Can konami or EA have a simple thing in their football game. I need support to attack otherwise i will lose the ball its that simple.

This game is pissing me off. Every time i have the ball all my players want to do is stay back so i have no support. Can konami or EA have a simple thing in their football game. I need support to attack otherwise i will lose the ball its that simple.
Change your tactics in the gameplan menu.

Here is PES player individuality at its best. Berbatov being Berbatov.

Berbatov doing his thing

Back
Top Bottom