PC PES 2011 slow response issue solution

bointan

Conference
24 October 2007
I've been playing PES 2011 demo and have been massively enjoying playing it in 1680x1050 res with High details and no Frame Skipping but Vsync turned on for the smoothness of the game.

In pes 2010 that was nearly impossible due to a delay/responsive issue in the controls that occured when using vsync. I was thrilled to see that issue had blown away in the 2011 demo!

Although since I got hold of the full PC version I hav'nt found the "Vsync on" mode to be half as good as the direct response of the demo so I've been struggling with settings on/off, lowering lod:s and so with no result. Without Vsync and with a lower res I could achieve some kind of response but the game stutters and there's tearing all over the place so the experience is lost by that.

This has been a massive let down for me until just recently when I found the solution - Riva Tuner's D3D Overrider.

If you got the same problem, probably playing on a Windows 7 machine and maybe just like me with a ATI Radeon card, just download the last RivaTuner from guru3d.com and create a game profile in D3D Overrider for PES2011.exe with
High Application Detection level and with Force Triple Buffring and Force VSYNC turned ON!

Let me know if this helps you out! I've been verifying that this is what made the difference for me :)

And for those who think they have no problems with the game - try it with D3DOverrider and the game just might step up a knotch or two for you ;D

Yep, the same worked for me too, the game is MUCH more responsive now, but I just used Nvidia Control Panel to make my changes, so those of you that have an Nvidia card, dont worry about using Riva Tuner :)

what settings did you change? I think on PES2010 I disabled vsync in settings.exe then enabled it in NVIDIA control panel and set max pre rendered frames to 0. What can you recommend ?

I left frame skipping & vsync unticked in settings.exe

and I set Vsync forced on in Nvidia Control Panel, I didnt change the max pre rendered frames, it's fine at 3 for me.

yes simcut i have the exact connection and guess what since pes 6 iv actually bought an xbox 360 controller for windows :) the change was necessary because skill moves are now harder to do on keyboard, trying to get use to xbox 360 controller though im not quite happy yet with responsiveness, iv left the maximum pre rendered frames at 3 too see what happens

and I set Vsync forced on in Nvidia Control Panel, I didnt change the max pre rendered frames, it's fine at 3 for me.

I changed my settings to the same. Its like a new game. Brillant thanks

sorry buddy would like to help ya but i have nvidia card, im sure the video card you have has a setting, just you's default but have vsync on, and all off in pes 2011

Where can I find the Vsync options in NVidia CP?

sorry buddy would like to help ya but i have nvidia card, im sure the video card you have has a setting, just you's default but have vsync on, and all off in pes 2011

You (Kije) may find problems with this technique on an ATI card, you may find the the gameplay runs well but the replays are jittery , the best settings i have found for ATI are ... frame skipping off/vsync on in pes settings & then add pes2011.exe to d3doverrider & enable force vsync & triple buffer, this works well for me , no response issues & the game runs very very smooth.

hmm interesting hawke that triple buffer issue always was a do or a don't do thing iv done some research on the net about it some say yes some say don't i will test that to thanks for reminding me as i tried nearly everthing to get this response issue working, but i can clearly say that pes 2011 will never have that much of response issues as it did with the overshadowed pes 2010.

You (Kije) may find problems with this technique on an ATI card, you may find the the gameplay runs well but the replays are jittery , the best settings i have found for ATI are ... frame skipping off/vsync on in pes settings & then add pes2011.exe to d3doverrider & enable force vsync & triple buffer, this works well for me , no response issues & the game runs very very smooth.

Thanks Hawke, but one question, I had installed the PesEdit patch and have done the settings in d3doverrider, but if the exe is added to this program, the patch doesnt work. I mean, the game is loaded without kitserver and patch files......
Any suggestions?

Ive nvidia and used the frame skipping off/vsync on in pes settings and vsvnc on in nvidia control panel but i am have the problem of jittery replays like you mention could hapen in the ati cards. is there anyway of improving the replays in the nvidia control panel

Thanks Hawke, but one question, I had installed the PesEdit patch and have done the settings in d3doverrider, but if the exe is added to this program, the patch doesnt work. I mean, the game is loaded without kitserver and patch files......
Any suggestions?

wow, d3doverrider shouldn't affect peseditpatch or kitserver Kije, i have used d3doverrider for pes2009/2010 & now 2011 & it has never affected any patch or kitserver....Have you applied like the image below ?

On another note: you could try Radeon Pro if your card is a Radeon ? it's a great program, just like nhancer for nvidia cards.... The problem with ATI is on the 5 series cards (which i have), ATI's powerplay is not good for PES as the game will switch between 2D & 3D settings , it's a known problem & the only real cure i have found for this was to mod my card bios to only use 3D clocks across the board.Anyway give d3doverrider another go or try Radeon Pro.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ive nvidia and used the frame skipping off/vsync on in pes settings and vsvnc on in nvidia control panel but i am have the problem of jittery replays like you mention could hapen in the ati cards. is there anyway of improving the replays in the nvidia control panel

Sorry m8, i haven't used nvidia for a number of years now, but different cards act differently to each setting , you could try d3doverrider or Nhancer instead of nvidia control panel, you will have many more options available using nhancer.

Last edited:
hmm interesting hawke that triple buffer issue always was a do or a don't do thing iv done some research on the net about it some say yes some say don't i will test that to thanks for reminding me as i tried nearly everthing to get this response issue working, but i can clearly say that pes 2011 will never have that much of response issues as it did with the overshadowed pes 2010.

well triple buffer provides an extra frame as vsync can slow framerates , i know it only naturally works for openGL based games.... BUT...d3doverrider is supposed to force triplebuffer in Direct 3D games & vsync seems to run better with it on rather than off, could be placebo affect but i always have it on. :))

Sorry m8, i haven't used nvidia for a number of years now, but different cards act differently to each setting , you could try d3doverrider or Nhancer instead of nvidia control panel, you will have many more options available using nhancer.

Thanks anyways

wow, d3doverrider shouldn't affect peseditpatch or kitserver Kije, i have used d3doverrider for pes2009/2010 & now 2011 & it has never affected any patch or kitserver....Have you applied like the image below ?

On another note: you could try Radeon Pro if your card is a Radeon ? it's a great program, just like nhancer for nvidia cards.... The problem with ATI is on the 5 series cards (which i have), ATI's powerplay is not good for PES as the game will switch between 2D & 3D settings , it's a known problem & the only real cure i have found for this was to mod my card bios to only use 3D clocks across the board.Anyway give d3doverrider another go or try Radeon Pro.

Hawke - I play on a notebook with HD 5850 graphics card. How could I mod the bios of this card. I will also try d3doverrider and Radeon Pro.....

Kije,...Download D3Doverrider standalone HERE,..unrar & put it wherever you want ( i would suggest program files) & then start it, now follow the image below.

Last edited:
Nice to see the thread blossom for a dedicated graphic settings-related thread for us who really care about a proper experience!

For me, using the ATI Radeon 5770 on a i5 2.67 ghz cpu I really don't need to enable vsync in pes settings.exe to get a well flowing gameplay. The only place I need it is in d3doverrider. Although I also experience a 50% framerate during replays as before but as long as gameplay is fluent i don't mind :)

I'll try out using both though!
Hawke, interesting input regarding 2D/3D settings, didnt know this when switching to ATI to get that DDR5 memory..

Hawke, interesting input regarding 2D/3D settings, didnt know this when switching to ATI to get that DDR5 memory..

Well not all 5 series users have trouble with it bointan, hopefully your one of those that doesn't, if you search, "pes 2d clocks" on google you should find some info.I actually installed afterburner just so i could view the osd while running pes2010 & the clocks were all over the place , pes2011 doesn't seem too bad from what i have read, but as i have modded my card bios i don't see that kind of behaviour any more.

Last edited:
Ok, we'll see if I'll find myself investigating that further.. Just tried using D3DOverrider along with Vsync on in settings and found that the response was greatly reduced from just using it in D3DOverrider which for me is enough to get 60fps sharp and good flowing graphics without tearing but with good response!

New problem arises though, I can't activate the pes2011 exe! How do you do it? It wont reach the server or maybe wont accept my serial!? When trying the no-cd exe the game crashes when attempting to launch an online game, this sucks :(

Kije,...Download D3Doverrider standalone HERE,..unrar & put it wherever you want ( i would suggest program files) & then start it, now follow the image below.

thanks for that hawke now triple buffering is possible yes in direct3d amazing it runs like magic with vsync and triple buffering on i have done the exact thing in the diagram thanks for that!!!

Thanks for the help guys. I have an ATI Radeon 4870 and setting Triple Buffering and V-Sync ON in Direct3D Overrider, while having them off in PES Settings, improved my response time. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, but I swear it's improved. LOL.

Hi i followed the instructions and installed riva tuner 2.24c then downloaded 3doverider but when i start the D3DOverrider.exe nothing happening i can se that the process is in running but no windows with all the settings appear.
I am running Windows7 64 and have the latest ati catalyst drivers. Is 3doverider have some service dependency cause i did stop some of them to gain performance a while ago. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom