PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

I just can't win. I come out with the most possession with 55%+ most of the time yet I lose for stupid GK glitches. I really do hope they are fixed like they say. Some really dumb goals conceded like a ball bouncing slowly right infront of my GK but he was busy having tea. Then the other time the pk taker put the ball in the middle and tried to do it panenka style but it was too slow it actually bounce right infront of my GK, again, but this time he made an effort, he fell right under it and let it bounce on top of him... Meh.

As for the lag, pretty minimal, but I do hope its better than this.

lastnight i found it harder to play for some reason,after the euphoria of the 1st nights play the in game bugs where more noticable and found myself playing against alot of sprint whores with samuel etoo,sussed out some of the tricks and can now confirm all players can do rainbow flicks(did some with stremer vs billy in a game lastnight)

lastnight i found it harder to play for some reason,after the euphoria of the 1st nights play the in game bugs where more noticable and found myself playing against alot of sprint whores with samuel etoo,sussed out some of the tricks and can now confirm all players can do rainbow flicks(did some with stremer vs billy in a game lastnight)

Is it as effective or quick is doing it with better players though? If its exactly the same with everyone then that's wrong.

Would also like to add that I've conceded 2 fouls, one of them a pk, because of my team's AI. I was pressing 2nd teammate press or whatever and he slid committing a very bad foul.

I'm winning more now, since I've "studied" tactics a little bit and bought myself some decent players. It's still hard to go strong though, I still struggle a bit while defending.

The game is hard. Yesterda I had 2W and 5L but now I am improving and even won the D5 cup. Now that I take attention on morale arrows I am having a lot more success.

Lami, I recommend you to try to defend nearer midfield (take your defense not so deep). I am defending a lot better now and creating a lot more chances. Also take your fullbacks ahead CBs.

I dont have conceded a lot of silly goals due bad goalkeeping at the moment...

Is it as effective or quick is doing it with better players though? If its exactly the same with everyone then that's wrong.

Would also like to add that I've conceded 2 fouls, one of them a pk, because of my team's AI. I was pressing 2nd teammate press or whatever and he slid committing a very bad foul.

it was a slower animation for stremer,also he failed with a few attempts leaving the ball behind. try it its hold L2 then down up(or up down) on R stick

id say the trick system will be a strong weapon with highly skilled in game dribblers,hopefully the new defensive system is fully implemented to combat this

The game is hard. Yesterda I had 2W and 5L but now I am improving and even won the D5 cup. Now that I take attention on morale arrows I am having a lot more success.

Lami, I recommend you to try to defend nearer midfield (take your defense not so deep). I am defending a lot better now and creating a lot more chances. Also take your fullbacks ahead CBs.

I dont have conceded a lot of silly goals due bad goalkeeping at the moment...
Thanks for the tips mate. How'd you know I had my defence sit deep :P
it was a slower animation for stremer,also he failed with a few attempts leaving the ball behind. try it its hold L2 then down up(or up down) on R stick

id say the trick system will be a strong weapon with highly skilled in game dribblers,hopefully the new defensive system is fully implemented to combat this

Well that sounds better then. Thanks goalgerd. I'll try it myself, if I had the chance.

lastnight i found it harder to play for some reason,after the euphoria of the 1st nights play the in game bugs where more noticable and found myself playing against alot of sprint whores

Could not agree more. Did anybody experience also that if you were winning a game some players were pausing the game like crazy for a bit and after each time it would lag incredibly bad for 30secs before it finally calmed? I thought cheating bast@rds:RANT: trying to put strain on there connection

But i do feel the defenders can be a bit heavy handed and get the benefit of the doubt a whole lot more now. I mean some blatant pull backs when your player is clear easily a yellow but nothing. I feel like a hypocrite as i wanted strong defenders but..

My formation was a 4-2-3-1 1st half then went 4-4-2 second and i have had great success. My record so far is W5 D5 L1

Last edited:
Just had a great game where both of us played the same kind of slow build up, passing game, fair formations... no cheats and no dirty tackles etc.

It also had a penalty, a saved penalty, some SUPER saves with one being from a cross and a point black power blaster shot that the keeper just spread himself and it just hit his leg then bounced up into his chest and flew back out of the goal off him. It finished 1-1.

I recorded what highlights it showed atthe end too so hopefully its captured most of the action. I'm sure the pen save is on there... disappointed that the foul didn't make it as it was really good.

I slide in front of the guy to block his shot, but at the same time the keeper then came charging out to get the ball. I crashed into my own keeper which sent him flying and that then knocked the CF off the ball and on his ass. Never seen anything like it.
------

Quick question.

Why is everyone buying M Duric?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips mate. How'd you know I had my defence sit deep :P

Not sure, probably because I think you have a defensive mind? LOL...

I have the impression that, with the default settings (all your team manual settings) the center backs tend to go backwards, so if you put forward the defense it is something that balance that...

Also when this is fully upp and running can we only sign one particular player ie If i sign Rooney is he the only one out there i'm not going to come accross ten others? I asked Jon Murphy but heard nothing back.

I hope it is just the one as this will seem more real.

No everyone can have Rooney if they have the money.

-

Found a bug.

Man marking (done by pressing square on each player on the pre match gameplan screen) works for the first 2 people you set up. but after that it becomes very glitchy. You can tell your CM to mark the nearest man... but then if you press square again it now shows him man marking the CF or RB. and then once it does that every man marking you set up glitches the same way as well.

No everyone can have Rooney if they have the money.

-

Found a bug.

Man marking (done by pressing square on each player on the pre match gameplan screen) works for the first 2 people you set up. but after that it becomes very glitchy. You can tell your CM to mark the nearest man... but then if you press square again it now shows him man marking the CF or RB. and then once it does that every man marking you set up glitches the same way as well.

Didn't happened to me, and I had a couple of games where I marked players :O Are you on PS3 or Xbox360?

Anyway, that's why we have a feedback form in the end of the beta.

another thing, if you set your cursor controls to semi assisted the player changing seems alot better

another bug

when scouting for players you are given a choice of overall stat rating from 1 to 109 in the player search data,the ingame player overall stats only go from 1 to 99.

Didn't happened to me, and I had a couple of games where I marked players :O Are you on PS3 or Xbox360?

Anyway, that's why we have a feedback form in the end of the beta.

PS3.

Try setting up your 2 CB to mark the 2 FW. then mark both LB/RB to mark their RW and LW. ten mark the 2 CMF to mark their 2 CMF.

Now look at one of your CMF marking again and on my game it keeps changing and showing that he's now marking the RB.

I assumed that maybe the other person had moved 2 people around and that was what screwed it up... but every time I try to re set his marking it still shows on someone different.

another thing, if you set your cursor controls to semi assisted the player changing seems alot better

another bug

when scouting for players you are given a choice of overall stat rating from 1 to 109 in the player search data,the ingame player overall stats only go from 1 to 99.

Not really actually, in ML offline last year there were some players over 100. Not sure how this happens though, lol.

Will try semi assisted as soon as I can, thanks :D

another bug

Where you set the cursor controls Gerd?

I did not play the beta, but from what i've seen so far, in gameplay deparment almost everything is looking very good. It seems that They (konami) really make huge steps in terms of freedom on passing and movement. I am simply loving those light touchs animations on the ball, and honestly they are looking more lifelike than Fifa, definetely. They remind me some of Fifa 08 animations, but with more angles/directions.

I 've just watched the argentina and portugal and I think it looks so promising. But what worries me is the goalkeepers (still made bad mistakes in that video) and how accurate are the shooting from diagonal direction around the box for players like Messi. Surely he's a dangerous player in terms of shooting, but he can fail a bit often like we saw in world cup games. It seems that if you don't have a defender to block it, and if Messi is in diagonal direction towards the goal, it is 90% to get in the goal. A bit too high. That sucks so bad.

Sorry for my english, but I hope you guys get what I mean here..

Last edited:
another bug

Not really actually, in ML offline last year there were some players over 100. Not sure how this happens though, lol.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :P In 2010 players' overall rating can go above 100, up to 109 or 110.

If you try e.g. BAL mode, you can see that development graph has it's ceilling set at 109/110, not at 99 as it used to be in earlier versions.

So, it is possible. How is it possible?

Well, in 2010 you have players stats and skill cards. That much we all know and see. With pretty much everything maxed out (attribs at 99, 11 relevant skill cards), you get overall rating close to 99.

But then, you also have hidden skills, nothing too fancy, actually those are some of the special abilities from earlier versions of PES (such as tactical dribble, middle shooting, playmaking, etc.). They are all hidden now, but they can be changed in OF (on PC version with OF editor) and they do impact overall rating. So you can go over 99 overall. Been there, done that ;)

Quick question.

Why is everyone buying M Duric?
I was asking myself the same question. Went looking up his stats and he's pretty shit. Apologies if you're reading this Duric ;)

Not sure, probably because I think you have a defensive mind? LOL...

:LOL: Close. Actually I play as a RB/LB in a Sunday league.

That's how I always play. Can never play on assisted.

I broke the bank with another D5 cup (I win it another one in Manager Mode) and bought my fellow player J. Vargas. Not a chance to test him yet, but he looks like a beast in the stat department. Pity I need him as a winger/side midfielder where he has only 84, as a SB he has 92 rating LOL... he costed me almost 7 million!

Mode is a lot of fun, until all the "play all day" kids will have Messi-Cristiano-Ibrahimovic upfront. Today in the managerial cup I faced a Juventus guy with Pato-Balotelli-Eto-o-Gerrard in his team. I used a defensive formation and beat him 1-0 but with a huge bugged goal from G. Rossi...

My actual team is

Ivarov
(turkish name SB from defaul team, that guy is great)-Valery-Stremer-Ruskin
Ettori
Felipe Melo-Vargas
Rossi-Huygens-Biabangy

I conceded four own goals today.

Three of the OG's were because my defenders stopped and looked inventively at the ball as it bounced off their rock hard abs and past and equally dumbstruck GK.

The fourth came about when Kim Kallstrom headed into his own net despite me telling him to head it in the opposite direction.

On a repeated positive note the close control is super, super awesome.

I tried a few of the feints as well, they are awesome. You really have to time them and use them in the right positions, because they can go horribly wrong and leave the ball bobbling in the opposite direction! When you pull one or two off thought its a great feeling.

I generally had less lag tonight, not many people seemed to be on that's probably why.

Got to the final of the D5 cup, absolutely battered sheldon63 (i think), I'd beaten him twice and lost to him once in the 1st round.

14 shots to two, but he nets one of them and wins 1-0. I got the feeling after multiple saves, hitting the post etc. that it was just not going to be my day.

I decided to use the runner up funds to buy a better finisher, Gignac. Enter the ML Open Coach Mode and he scores 2 on his debut, and more throughout the tourney. I end up winning it as well.

I'm currently 2nd in the division rankings, sitting pretty and pleased for tonight but that'll definitely be gone tomorrow.

Last edited:
oh come on guys stop playing start testing!!!

Give Konami feedback what you like and what you dislike, suggestions. This is a great oppertunity and you are wasting it for playing :(

I can't understand all of you... If I was able to test with the pc version i would end up with a 3 pages long list with things I like and things I complain about.

Back
Top Bottom