PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

Darth - which of those (besides Fab who will cost a packet) should I get next? I fancy Arteta's got to be good for the money. Weighing up my midfield options; I want someone defensively ok (I have a DMF to go alongside) but able to spray passes and dictate the play. I was very close to going for Scholes but didn't quite have the moolah unless I gave up Lee Chung Yong, who scored the winner in my last game with his 'incisive run' at the back post.

Edit: I noticed that with the sidestep carrying on. I don't think they've made the animations to come out of it except in very specific ways, so if you crabwalk and try to move in another direction to the ones they've accounted for you'll find nothing happens.

Last edited:
I think I scored with a lob over your keeper as a ball came out from a corner. :BOP:

I'm using Montpellier.

LOL that was a cool goal, but honestly my GK should take credit for it... he was more useless than a cardboard ball!!! And the deflection, directly to your player.... arghhh now I remember! It was very frustrating! LOL...

Very annoyed at the moment. Was in the 11.00pm competition last night and had won my first game. Winning my second 1-0 then the game disconnects with the message:

" PES 2011 SERVERS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER".

I then log back in a few minutes later and I've got the 3-0 loss!

Play another game, few minutes into the first half at 0-0 it happens again, and again I get the 3-0 loss.

I play a 3rd game and lose it 1-0, managing to finish. The only reason I conceded was due to lag, keeper went to pick up a loose ball in good time, froze, then his striker runs onto it and taps into an empty net.

I'm now 123rd, despite being 8th yesterday, then 11th, before the above losses. I'd had 15 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses before this nonsense. Anyway you can't take the rankings seriously with the server state. Only about 501 people are registered as well, I thought it was supposed to be a 1000?

Like its predecessor, a very deep game, but server and lag problems are putting me off :(

Managed to find out how to man mark as well during the game plan when connected to a match, but the "loose"/"tight" option is not there, it's just one setting!

Also I need the player index which allowed you to set every individual player to defense/balanced/attack, I hope it's in the full game. When you press help it looks like they've renamed the player card/special skills system as the player index :(

Last edited:
Darth - which of those (besides Fab who will cost a packet) should I get next? I fancy Arteta's got to be good for the money. Weighing up my midfield options; I want someone defensively ok (I have a DMF to go alongside) but able to spray passes and dictate the play. I was very close to going for Scholes but didn't quite have the moolah unless I gave up Lee Chung Yong, who scored the winner in my last game with his 'incisive run' at the back post.

Edit: I noticed that with the sidestep carrying on. I don't think they've made the animations to come out of it except in very specific ways, so if you crabwalk and try to move in another direction to the ones they've accounted for you'll find nothing happens.

Arteta is very good, close control is excellent and he can get out of tight situations when used with the pace control, he doesn't really have a shot on sadly though.

If you buy him remember to set his role as a CMF and not a DMF as his rating drops severely.

Arteta was outstanding in PES 2010, his passing and vision, body balance, agility and quick feet could carve defences wide open, I can imagine he is better again in 2011.

I'm having a ball with these tricks and feints, and I really like how they have worked them. They are as you would expect and really do fall in well with the relevant situation. Suarez, Gervinho and now my most recent AMF Tunisian signing who is superb, Ben Saada, have some lovely feints.

The best and easiest way to get an understanding of them is to gain control of your skillful players, if your attacking from left to right,try pushing up so your running from bottom of the pitch to the top, then press L2 and push right on right stick. You player should perform a Ronaldo Chop and have you bearing down on your opponents goal. The way it works is the direction you push is relative to your eventual pre-determined destination. This really does give you a great angle and quick change of direction. The animation for it is very smooth, and light years ahead of previous PES feinting animations. Once you understand how the feints work, you can really appreciate the timing, knowledge of the player, and risk v reward element your opponent has used to attempt one, or better still, pull one off.

Another thing I liked is that even the tricks have error. On two occasions so far, Saurez and got the technique wrong for the Ronaldo Chop, and the ball has flew off in the wrong direction. It's only happened twice, but the fact it's possible is brilliant.

I'm starting to play some lovely football with my added quality in the team. Gervinho and Suarez up front a right handful, Ben Saada is quality on the ball, as is my LMF, a Serbian called (I think) Banovic. It's very clever how Konami have combined the statistics with a semi-auto system, better than I imagined.

I've also scored a 30 yard screamer where Suarez got underneath the shot and it dipped into the far corner, similar to Matt Le Tissier's against Blackburn. Ben Saada got his first on his debut after a cheeky back-heel through-ball ( I love the new animation for the powered back heel flick), and the way he slotted into the far corner was caressed beautifully. I have never seen that shooting animation before, it was spot on.

The goalkicks and the clearances also have so much more mustard and drive on them, giving a real sense of the venom behind it.

I played a guy who tried to spam Eto, he got through a couple of times, but lost out on the physical battles to my strong CB's. Defenders not reacting quickly on the runs is a definate Regular AI issue, absolutely no question, it's plain as day. Those type of runs on PES 2010 are so much harder to stop, and the Regular AI on PES 2010 is not as good as PES 2011.

I'm also very happy with the referee's, not seen anything yet that has given any cause for concern. I actually conceded a penalty from a phyical tussle in my own box, I liked that. It was, to be fair, obstruction, but you would never previously expect that to go against you. Also my keeper, who is only 67 rated I think, (as I sold my main keeper for over a million), has made some incredible saves. The best ones with his legs. Cheap shot's have been parried out of play with his legs, and the silly goals you concede in PES 2010 I have not seen. I have witnessed at least 10-20 shots that would have been fumbled by better rated keepers on PES 2010.

Really enjoying this whole Master League option, granted it's not ML offline, but that would be pretty much impossible. But the idea of bringing on your own team, I really like. Nothing better than making a new sigining and seeing a massive impact. My only worry for the longevity of this system is when the spammers finally build a dream team of Messi, Ronaldo et al.

Last edited:
About the MLO format, Konami should definitely add private leagues in and give us the ability to invite friends, just like in the other online section.

Also give us an option to play unranked matches/friendlies with friends. Good to try out our best formations and latest buys.

About the MLO format, Konami should definitely add private leagues in and give us the ability to invite friends, just like in the other online section.

Also give us an option to play unranked matches/friendlies with friends. Good to try out our best formations and latest buys.

True, but it's not a problem for me. We have PEEL for structured leagues and fair-play. Also, PEEL has a Player Manager League where you put together a squad of players with overal rating's under 80, you then have transfer window's throughout the season. As well as a structured league, the same player can never be used by another team. Something Online ML couldnt never provide.

True, but it's not a problem for me. We have PEEL for structured leagues and fair-play. Also, PEEL has a Player Manager League where you put together a squad of players with overal rating's under 80, you then have transfer window's throughout the season. As well as a structured league, the same player can never be used by another team. Something Online ML couldnt never provide.

what is PEEL? a new online game mode for PES 2011?

I followed Jimmy advice last night at about half 10pm - reset my team baco to default and sold enough to players to rack up just under 4 million.

The first thing I did was purchase a decent striker as in my games that's where I'm really struggling. So I found some guy. Pazzeri or something. He seems great. Put him into my team, reset all my gameplan setting and formations and started from scratch.

I only went and won my first 2 games and then drew my 3rd game. All 3 games were a joy to play.. no exploiters, no silly formations... they weren't easy games, I had to work at it... and the people I played against were very civil (non of the spamming of yes goal yes goal yes goal' when they scored) very honest and played a real game of it.

It seems that I must have ran into the kids off school yesterday day time and that's why all I found were morons abusing the game.

As stupid as this makes me sound I've now done a 360 and ended up back where I started on day 1 loving the mode again. It does hurt the enjoyment when you see you're playing an idiot who is just trying to glitch an easy win or exploit the ai to tear you apart. but when you find the honest adult gamers .. it's bloody great. EVEN with the bad keepers, player switching and occasional zombie AI defenders.

I think there should be an option in squad list to see how much you bought a player for. It gets quite tedious going to transfer history and looking through all the players you have bought and sold.

Yeah that's true. Maybe for PES2012. I think just getting the MLO up and working flawlessly is their main priority this year. just like how fifa started bap off as friendly games only and then went into leagues/clubs.

I figured out how to set up man marking.

You select your man on the formation screen - press square and then can select man marking. you can also change the role for each person so you can avoid accidentally setting your CF as a AMF and knocking his stats to 60.

Doing all of that may have helped me a lot more too

Can everyone please suggest private leagues/divisions/matches and integration of Copa Libertadores teams and players when we send off the feedback to Konami. Thanks.

How do you do step overs?

The tricks are getting on my nerves because I don't which direction does what.

Wow,I must say one thing I've really enjoyed (and I only realized it by playing a FIFA WC 10 game) Ive bought WC champion Javi Martinez. The kid is strong and can keep possession, put him as my defensive mid. All I can say is OMG, the guy takes balls away, than he keeps possession long enough for my players to get back into their attacking mentalities and he can starts the run of my attack by finding a teammate in space.

I also bought Edgar Alvarez of Bari,he is a speedy guy, put him on the wings for quick counters. Its great because I have to time my touches on the ball before a challenge so I can dodge the challenge.

The dribbling in tight spaces is great, with the jostling battles. I have Raul Garcia, from Aleti Madrid, boy the guy has some good dribbling stats, so I use the skill dribbling pass one defender and then cut inside for trough ball to my striker (David Suazo of Inter) and when it works, its just an excitement, I have not felt for a while in a football game.

I also noticed that you cannot beat someone just by pressing the dash button. Its awesome. This guy had bought Aguero, he is faster than any of my defenders. But if I timed my positioning correctly, I could get a succesful tackle in.

What I am trying to say is that this game will be fun for a while, it is not a perfect game alot of quirks in it, but it is very playable and enjoyable. It's not PES 5 good yet, but it's almost there.

Last edited:
Very smooth connection lastnight. There was not even much lag with restarts believe it or not. Are konami doing daily mainrtenance?

I don't like how long the matchmaking takes. It seems to connect-disconnect a few times till the connection is established it then goes into the linking screen and all this is a little time consuming. I am also getting the impression that you are going to play against a team comprising of Ronaldo and Messi upfront on every other match, which is lame. I do not go for stars but prefer to build up a team of youngsters.

This MLO doesn't have player growth right? Does that mean it won't be in the full game because that would suck and also lose my interest if not all together.

I've bought him too, very good player and he doesn't stray too far forward either.

Very smooth connection lastnight. There was not even much lag with restarts believe it or not. Are konami doing daily mainrtenance?

I don't like how long the matchmaking takes. It seems to connect-disconnect a few times till the connection is established it then goes into the linking screen and all this is a little time consuming. I am also getting the impression that you are going to play against a team comprising of Ronaldo and Messi upfront on every other match, which is lame. I do not go for stars but prefer to build up a team of youngsters.

This MLO doesn't have player growth right? Does that mean it won't be in the full game because that would suck and also lose my interest if not all together.

Alan from WENB reported one of his players did improve. I haven't paid attention to this tbh.

I have some suggestions, would like to know people's thoughts.

- Instead of a fee for quick matches, it should be a wager. You decide how much. That way if you win, you get double, but if you lose, you lose it all. There should be a cap on how much you can wager and also a minimum. It would be great, because you have to wait so long to get money until a cup comes around. There is a huge risk reward opportunity here.

- Players should be fatigued. The game does not merit having a deep bench. If this game had fatigue, you wouldn't just have to buy a starting 11, but also some depth for your team. That way in a cup, you see the ranking of the player you will be facing, and you can decide "hmm, he is not that well ranked, maybe I can afford to rest a player x." It would be great, it would force to change tactics at times, and to be more careful with buying the expensive players, or getting rid quickly of those ML originals.

- Just an indicator of when someone is already on the kickoff button. Some guys just make you wait all day doing tactics pre game. They should have had them ready before they came in. So at least they know your waiting, it might hurry up some people, heck, if it were up to me, there would be no tactic screen before the game. You can see the other persons lineup, but you cant alter your own, because you have to wait there for too long for some people. They should have tactics ready before game.

my 2 cents

-

Jonny/Radiation,

You both need to click on the PEEL link on my signature. Radiation, it's exactly what your looking for.

http://www.proevoeliteleagues.co.uk/main/

Tobi, the skills and right stick directions are different for every player. Learn one players moves then move onto the next.

been their done that. im talking about it being a in-game feature.

That is just a website where people join in and compete eachother. what i want is for PES to do that in-game like master league.

all Konami need to do is enable us to create a private master league and where sorted.

I just played my first game against some Turkish guy, I'm from Iceland and the connection was SWEET! Apart from right after the pause menu, a couple of times it slowed down to a zombie crawl. but there was no hiccups or teleporting, just extremely slow motion that worked itself back to normal speed. Game is totally different, animations are just phenomenal (compared to earlier PES, anyway) and I got a sweet 30 yard goal from Ordaz, top corner.

I felt controlling passes was easy but all my through balls went far away from their targets, didn't go into formation or anything but hope to check that out later.

Just won the D4 cup. Got 8 millions pounds overall from the match fees and the winnings. Time to shop for some new players.

I've found a glitch to earn you money. I you disconnect from the internet while in a cup match you will still get the money. So effectively you could earn about 3 million every cup . Hope Konami can fix this for the retail game.

LOl I won the D5 Cup! What a game against a O. Marseille team with Gignac, Arfa, Valbuena, Alou Diarra... I only have bought Biabany. I was down 2-0 after half time, then managed to come back with two goals. In the extra time I scored two times and the cup is ours! A Huylens hat-trick! LOL...
Time to reinforce my team with a couple of good players...

EDIT: I chose Felipe Melo and Giuseppe Rossi...

Last edited:
Nothing better than making a new sigining and seeing a massive impact. My only worry for the longevity of this system is when the spammers finally build a dream team of Messi, Ronaldo et al.

Sounds like Ultimate Team in FIFA 09. Really fun to begin with, building up a terrible team, having players fill in out of position etc. and cling onto tight results. But the speed of team building was far too quick, so inevitably after a week you'd be playing Ronaldo-Villa-Messi frontlines every match and being raped for pace.

Definitely sounds really promising at the moment, although still concerned at the amount of lag reported. At least they have a while to rectify that, but I'm doubtful after 3 years of failed attempts, and this is just for a small number of testers. Don't understand why they don't just implement direct ip-to-ip like in PES 4.

Sounds like Ultimate Team in FIFA 09. Really fun to begin with, building up a terrible team, having players fill in out of position etc. and cling onto tight results. But the speed of team building was far too quick, so inevitably after a week you'd be playing Ronaldo-Villa-Messi frontlines every match and being raped for pace.

Definitely sounds really promising at the moment, although still concerned at the amount of lag reported. At least they have a while to rectify that, but I'm doubtful after 3 years of failed attempts, and this is just for a small number of testers. Don't understand why they don't just implement direct ip-to-ip like in PES 4.

Yeah, and things got worst with the chance of buying "packets" of players with real money in the PSN. A waste of time!

I just can't win. I come out with the most possession with 55%+ most of the time yet I lose for stupid GK glitches. I really do hope they are fixed like they say. Some really dumb goals conceded like a ball bouncing slowly right infront of my GK but he was busy having tea. Then the other time the pk taker put the ball in the middle and tried to do it panenka style but it was too slow it actually bounce right infront of my GK, again, but this time he made an effort, he fell right under it and let it bounce on top of him... Meh.

As for the lag, pretty minimal, but I do hope its better than this.

Back
Top Bottom