PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

Isnt the whole idea of this beta so you guys post in a thread about bugs you have seen. The ones konami may have missed. I would get over to PESFAN and make you what you have found has been reported.

Do you still have the default players? Maybe thats why. Thats whats happening with me as well. I need to buy better players to tell the difference.

Definitely, I signed Phillips and his shots are consistently low and driven if not under pressure.

Best signings so far, K. Phillips, S. Castillo (DMF) and C. Adam.

Worst signing, S.Ireland (AMF), he hasn't done a lot for me. He's great at controlling the ball and dribbling out of tight spots. However, his accuracy when crossing and shooting leaves a lot to be desired. So I've sold him and bought Kakuta and Mikel for the 600,000 difference. Kakuta is a right nippy little git!

End of game - Highlights bug

I finished a game with some guy and sat watching the highlights at the end because there were some horrific moments I wanted to get another look at... more on those in a second. Once I had finished with the highlights I tried to exit back out. But when it returned, the menu was gone. So I was stuck on the post match countdown. When it got to 0 I still couldn't exit so I had to quit the game. When I got it back on I noticed I had now been clocked as 'quitting the game while in a match' and so had now lost the match I had won 3-0.

Decided to try to recreate it again in the next match that I lost but everything worked fine. So I thought maybe it was a one off... But just now I gave it another go and the same bug came up - though this time I didn't get makred down as quitting the game and the same 1-0 loss stood.

Can anyone else try this out and see if you get the same of different problems? Best to try in matches you lose 3-0 or worse just to be safe.

-

Player collision bug.

When two players bump into each other it does look great seeing them actually react to it rather than pass through each others bodies. But I've ran into a spot of bother now. I had 3 defenders all trying to clear the same ball. 2 AI controlled and 1 was me. All 3 of them just kept bumping into each other, getting up, bumping, getting up, bumping until the opposing player took the ball away and tapped it into the goals.

Cheap goals and exploits
Do you all remember the first gameplay trailer we had for pes 2011 that had messi and others scoring a few goals. more specifically try to remmeber the goal that was a shot across the face of the goals on a diagonal angle. It looked like a pathetic goal and everyone assumed it was down to bad keepers.

Well it seems its an almost guaranteed goal in this beta and people are already exploiting that. I just went 4-0 BEFORE HALF TIME to someone who did nothing but those kinds of shots.

Either the shots went right in - or they hit the far post leaving the goals open for a tap in - or my keeper would spill the ball and give away another tap in.

custom formations being abused
I've ran into 2 people this morning playing ridiculous non realistic formations that pull your AI controlled defenders apart with their auto man marking/auto cover the gaps the AI controlled players have.

They basically put people in the top corner flag areas, then have 2 attackers in the middle of the box, then set everyone else up in defence in a sort of 4 2 4 formation. You'd think that this would mean the midfield is mine for the taking but what it actually means is if your LB/RB go to man mark those men... you leave huge gaps in your defence and they can just hit through ball after through ball into that gap aimed at the penalty spot.

I played a guy who was obsessed with chipping his corners to the near post. Eventually he scored but the keeper helped him out a bit, the ball slowly squirmed under his body over the line.

147137321-e86322014209d1908d8ae071c4d2c48a.4c6a8ed8-scaled.jpg

That's my current line-up, the game feels brand new all over again playing with players with decent technique.

I love the broadcast comments at the top of the screen, some of them are funny. I hope they don't censor them in the full game.

Isnt the whole idea of this beta so you guys post in a thread about bugs you have seen. The ones konami may have missed. I would get over to PESFAN and make you what you have found has been reported.

we fill out the konami questionaire next week,il give them all my feedback then

I have just realised you dont release your ML players you sell them and get their full value. I just 'released/sold' half my team and bought Lodero and Suarez from Ajax and Gervinho from Lille. Now I have some quality.

Do you still have the default players? Maybe thats why. Thats whats happening with me as well. I need to buy better players to tell the difference.

But it's every time. Even if they're bad players, it implied that players in the Championship can't score at all. PES's individuality is a real asset but it could never hack covering several divisions of quality. Not with this current system. Ordaz has shot accuracy 80 an technique of 60-odd, maybe 70? And he can't finish to save his life.

I feel so shit at this today..

All I seem to be able to do is score scrappy rubbish tap ins that take like 3 missed shots, a deflection and then a lucky rebound to go in. Yesterday I had no trouble scoring some nice goals, very varied and each game felt very different. Today.. all I can do is pass the ball around and around and then without fail... get pushed off the ball as soon as I get near the final 3rd of the pitch. Not tackled... just pushed over.

My defenders just seem like clueless fools who stumble over themselves to do simple things like pass or clear the ball. They're completely unaware of the ball unless they actually have it. They're far too concerned with getting back into their position on the pitch than spotting dangers and stopping them with marking or running in front of the guy the ball is rolling towards.

Free kicks are annoying as you move your man to cover an opposing player from an easy pass. Then they hit L1/R1 to change the free kick style... and you get warpe across to the opposite side of the box and they have their men un marked for a pass again. You cover those and they L1?R1 again and it gets reset...

My midfield... no matter what formation I try seem non existent when defending, and when attacking they hardly ever get into the box to give me more numbers. Like a 4 2 2 2 formation should give me a strong central team - but they get ripped apart by auto man marking like a wet tissue - even with my pressing set to its lowest in strategy.

The lack of awareness from the AI players is shockingly shite as well. As bad as it was in 2010. I'm getting sick of watching my AI guys actually walk away from a loose ball and allow the opposing player to have it.

No one makes runs ahead of your man down the wing... ever. So if you're on the wing and want someone to overlap you... it doesn't happen. They hold back and expect you to take on 3 men and cross the ball in.

Tackling seems to have been forgotten about. It's far easier to just run into your opposing player and push them off the ball. You don't get a foul because it's classed as the player tripping over himself.

-

Maybe this gets better with improved players but honestly.. I can't even rack up a few wins on the trot to get enough money to buy anyone. The one buy I have made was only possible by releasing 4 or 5 of my starting team - and despite his overall great stats... he's rubbish and hardly feels like an improvement over the 60 rated plebs I had already.

That's without bringing in who I'm playing against... today I just keep bumping into exploiters and formation abusers.
Either the tosser against me uses exploit formations, or they go for exploit goals... or my own team just shut their minds down and allow goals to be scored against them or I'll be frigging winning and then randomly get disconnected and lose the match 3-0.

And then you have those morons who sit in game plan and change their formation to 4 1 2 1 2. so you change to play against that with a 4 4 2 with wingers... so they change to a 4 5 1 to stop your wingers... so you change to a standard 442 so they change back to 41212... and it goes on and on and on....

I think the actual gameplay is vastly improved on... but when you have the player switching problems, the lack of awareness from AI team mates... the horrific keepers... and now the cheaters/exploiters/formation abusers... the online ML is almost as good as dead to me. I think offline will be amazing because I can tweak the game to suit myself more there and avoid these problems - but online... it's just a mess.

MLO desperately needs private leagues so you can get groups of like minded people together and avoid all this bullshit from these cunts trying to cheat their way to easy wins.

Last edited:
The AI is one thing to be look into. This will not only affecting our team mates, but also when you playing offline ML. If this year the AI still a passing whore and chip through ball freak, I'm gonna catch Seabass and cook him right away

Focus your attacks down the left with Ruskin and Burchet.

I feel so shit at this you know.

All I seem to be able to do is score scrappy rubbish tap ins that take like 3 missed shots, a deflection and then a lucky rebound to go in.

My defenders just seem clueless fool who stumble over themselves to do simple things like pass. they're completely unaware of the ball unless they actually have it. They're far too concerned with getting back into their position on the pitch than spotting dangers and stopping them with marking or running in front of the guy the ball is rolling towards..

My midfield... no matter what formation I try seem non existent when defending, and when attacking they hardly ever get into the box to give me more numbers. Like a 4 2 2 2 formation should give me a strong central team - but they get ripped apart by auto man marking like a wet tissue - even with my pressing set to its lowest in strategy.

The lack of awareness from the AI players is shockingly shite as well. As bad as it was in 2010. I'm getting sick of watching my AI guys actually walk away from a loose ball and allow the opposing player to have it.

No one makes runs down the wing... ever.

I've been playing this game all day and honestly I feel the same as you on those areas highlighted above. It's infuriating watching your players just completely ignore the ball when you've worked so hard to create a chance. I tried a few one twos earlier and it worked well to the point where I set my striker up for a shot and he seemed to just stop running and walked away. The defending is difficult as it is with the poor player switching, but the constant collisions, players who stop tracking defenders and the constant AI 'pull' that moves players out of position needs sorting out, big time.

However, I've actually been quite successful, so far my record is 7W-3D-5L and I've scored some decent goals and played some lovely football with my better players. In a lot of the games I've lost it's been because of dodgy GKs saving the ball, landing on it and then standing up ignoring the ball that in the penalty area for a soft tap in, or goals where my AI defenders run away from the attackers leaving a 1on1 situation for an easy tap in.

I had a bug yesterday. Free kick on the edge of the box, I pressed the button combination to roll it to the side then the game glitched, the opposing team defender somehow got the ball, sidestepped with it then it became a goal kick.

So far I've sold a few players and signed Spahic (CB) and Arzimendi (SS), two cracking players.

Does anyone know if man marking and player indexes are in the beta?

Has anyone felt like the game stops sprint whores at all? I thought the game was supposed to basically downgrade the abilities of anyone who had just been sprinting a lot or had sprinted a lot during the match.

But so far I've not really noticed any problems. A lot of my opponents have been sprint hungry, hold run the entire match style players. But I've not really noticed their passing, crossing or shooting getting worse as the match goes on.

The only thing I have noticed is players get more clumsy as the match goes on so they can be pushed off the ball easier.

The stamina system wasn't fully implemented in the E3/post E3 build (if this is based on it). It was only added in the preview build. I really want to see some Gamescom videos now to see if there are any noticeable differences.

Yeah even with the problems I'm finding... the improvements in passing, animations and the sense of freedom is a huge improvement. It's just hard to judge this as it's an old build that we're being told has improved in a lot of areas already.

A lot of the niggles and annoyances were finding may be long gone.

And they're not testing for any of that really... it's more of a stress test and maybe at the feedback stage we will be asked things like

'do you think you gained enough money for a win?'
'how easy do you feel it was to improve your team/how hard.'
'What are your thoughts on player pricing'

I view the gameplay side of this as more of a bonus than something we're really supposed to dissect and critique. It's supposed to be all about the actual working of the MLO. Though it can't hurt to point out bugs, problems exploits we find.

Last edited:
End of game - Highlights bug

I finished a game with some guy and sat watching the highlights at the end because there were some horrific moments I wanted to get another look at... more on those in a second. Once I had finished with the highlights I tried to exit back out. But when it returned, the menu was gone. So I was stuck on the post match countdown. When it got to 0 I still couldn't exit so I had to quit the game. When I got it back on I noticed I had now been clocked as 'quitting the game while in a match' and so had now lost the match I had won 3-0.

Decided to try to recreate it again in the next match that I lost but everything worked fine. So I thought maybe it was a one off... But just now I gave it another go and the same bug came up - though this time I didn't get makred down as quitting the game and the same 1-0 loss stood.

Can anyone else try this out and see if you get the same of different problems? Best to try in matches you lose 3-0 or worse just to be safe.

-

Player collision bug.

When two players bump into each other it does look great seeing them actually react to it rather than pass through each others bodies. But I've ran into a spot of bother now. I had 3 defenders all trying to clear the same ball. 2 AI controlled and 1 was me. All 3 of them just kept bumping into each other, getting up, bumping, getting up, bumping until the opposing player took the ball away and tapped it into the goals.

Cheap goals and exploits
Do you all remember the first gameplay trailer we had for pes 2011 that had messi and others scoring a few goals. more specifically try to remmeber the goal that was a shot across the face of the goals on a diagonal angle. It looked like a pathetic goal and everyone assumed it was down to bad keepers.

Well it seems its an almost guaranteed goal in this beta and people are already exploiting that. I just went 4-0 BEFORE HALF TIME to someone who did nothing but those kinds of shots.

Either the shots went right in - or they hit the far post leaving the goals open for a tap in - or my keeper would spill the ball and give away another tap in.

custom formations being abused
I've ran into 2 people this morning playing ridiculous non realistic formations that pull your AI controlled defenders apart with their auto man marking/auto cover the gaps the AI controlled players have.

They basically put people in the top corner flag areas, then have 2 attackers in the middle of the box, then set everyone else up in defence in a sort of 4 2 4 formation. You'd think that this would mean the midfield is mine for the taking but what it actually means is if your LB/RB go to man mark those men... you leave huge gaps in your defence and they can just hit through ball after through ball into that gap aimed at the penalty spot.

Thanks man

this is a great report about bugs. Hope Konami will listen and fix.

Radiation, why dont you just release sell half your team, it should give you a good £6million to buy some good players. I've just done that and it makes a huge difference with good players. Carlton Cole is a beast.

Yeah, after I saw you mention you did that earlier I thought that sounded like a great idea. I think I've backed myself into a corner trying to be stubborn and advance with my default players. I always do that on offline ML because I hate buying real world players from their real life clubs and then seeing them replace that guy with someone from another club and it all becomes a mess.

-

The last game I played today ended in a 2-2 draw and this was the goal that screwed it up for me in the 90th.
I've slowed the the game during the bad defending part just so you can all see how bad my players are and see how no one reacts to the loose ball, the opposing player getting it and how they're all just happy to sit back and watch him take a shot.

YouTube - Bad AI defending

Last edited:
Noticed a lot of players standing dead still as the ball slowly rolls past them. I don't have issues with players making runs though. Are the people mentioning this problem sure of the tactics?

Also don't like the camera it needs to be fixed it almost can't keep up with play.
I feel they need to work on aerial battles as there aren't much.

The game feels smoother online but that slowdown after a pause seems 10 times worse. I must remember to jot these things down for the feedback.

I can't stop playing this damn thing.

Noticed a lot of players standing dead still as the ball slowly rolls past them. I don't have issues with players making runs though. Are the people mentioning this problem sure of the tactics?

Also don't like the camera it needs to be fixed it almost can't keep up with play.
I feel they need to work on aerial battles as there aren't much.

The game feels smoother online but that slowdown after a pause seems 10 times worse. I must remember to jot these things down for the feedback.

I can't stop playing this damn thing.

Noticed that as well and I thought it was my connection. Good thing we can feedback on all this online stuff.

Yeah, after I saw you mention you did that earlier I thought that sounded like a great idea. I think I've backed myself into a corner trying to be stubborn and advance with my default players. I always do that on offline ML because I hate buying real world players from their real life clubs and then seeing them replace that guy with someone from another club and it all becomes a mess.

-

The last game I played today ended in a 2-2 draw and this was the goal that screwed it up for me in the 90th.
I've slowed the the game during the bad defending part just so you can all see how bad my players are and see how no one reacts to the loose ball, the opposing player getting it and how they're all just happy to sit back and watch him take a shot.

YouTube - Bad AI defending

This will be Regular Ai by default, and it's still alot tighter than PES 2010 Regular Ai. I can see PES 2011 having a very stubborn Top Player Ai, if the Regular is anything to go by.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

This is my first ever post on here, I thought I'd register to share my beta opinions.

Likes;

Online Master League - this seems like it could be brilliant, I love the idea of starting all the same, then building your own team via competitions etc. You can do everything at your own pace. Class.

Replays - I was really surprised, but the replays with motion blur etc look amazingly real. Really really cool.

Drag and drop tactics. You can place players literally anywhere on the pitch easily and quickly, which is awesome.

Potential problems;

Ball physics - at the moment they seem a tad horrible, far too floaty and like you're kicking a beach ball. It never bobbles, never does anything unpredictable. This is the biggest problem for the game. When the ball runs along the ground, it also has a really strange 'curve' to the run of the ball, as if the pitch was tilted at a slight angle or something. Similarly, passes zip along unrealistically, it again doesn't bobble, bounce, it looks really robotic in places.

Player runs - maybe I'm doing something drastically wrong, but get into the final third of the opponent's half and no-one seems to make any forward runs. Maybe I need to alter the settings in the management mode?

Passing - yes, I'm still trying to get to grips with it, but while I have no problems with the direction of passes, the strength seems totally random. Tap the pass button one minute, and the ball travels very lightly and only a few feet, tap it in exactly the same way on another occasion, and the player thumps the ball beyond everyone and out of play. Really odd. Also, if you do play a stronger pass on FIFA, your players who are closer (but who you didn't intend the pass to go to) will jump out of the flight of the ball, or lift their leg etc. PES2011 has a problem in that strong ground passes seem to often hit your own players getting in the way. They just stand there and let the ball hit them.

Heading - there is no aerial challenging at all, your player is frozen while you wait for the ball to drop from the sky.

Keepers - why oh why can you STILL not release the ball early?

Lag - I can only speak from my own experience, but while the games are 'playable', all six matches I've had so far have had the connection on 1 bar, and the games have played like everyone's running through treacle. Not good.

Camera - the top down camera needs to be changed to the wide mode, because the default one can't keep up with the ball sometimes. Not good.

Hope this doesn't sound negative, my problems with passing etc are surely down to the fact that I don't know how to play this, but for all the problems it's already a better game than PES2010. Except for the ball physics. Hopefully the new build will have this sorted, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Hopefully we can suggest that konami bump the AI difficulty up then for online play. Having it set to dumbass difficulty really hurts.

No one makes runs ahead of your man down the wing... ever.

Same annoying problems as in pes2010

Yup, just played some more and I totally agree with a couple of points - players NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, make runs down the wings. It's all through the centre.

Secondly, remember the awful goalkeeper in the gameplay video from a while back, where the Portugal player (I think) ran into the box and the keeper just stood on his line until the striker smacked it in from about 5 yards out? Well, this has happened several times already to me.

On one, the keeper let my opponent run into the 6 yard box without once considering to come out, even with me trying to bring him out. He just scored from about 3 yards into an almost empty net.

Several times I've nearly conceded a goal because of some really random positioning. Two or three times the ball's been on the half way line, my opponent lumped it high down the middle, only as the screen scrolls from right to left, I find that my entire back four, despite the ball initially being on the halfway line, are all standing about 2 feet from their own goal line. The ball is whacked up there, and the opponent's strikers are literally standing on the goal line waiting for the ball, a bit like 'goal hanging' when you were at school.

I really hope these problems are not in the demo, because if they're still in the game then I'm not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom