PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

I think this is my last day TBH. The lag has gotten progressively worse and the bugs in the gameplay are spoiling it for me.

I'm waiting for an offline demo, online is dead to me especially after seeing the latest footage.

It's the match making that is dragging is down for me. I keep being matched up with division 4 teams but I'm shit and have a terrible record. It's something like W 6 L 10 D 3

And as each division 4 team I bump into has at least 3 great players I'm basically stuck trying to play for a draw or hit them on the counter.. but then when the AI screws up or my players just walk past the ball... they can pass it around me at ease and use cutbacks, lots of passing in the box or the diagonal shot across goal to get some cheap exploit goals.

It's just very frustrating that we have old nasty botched gameplay now we can see how improved the latest builds look.

OK, one of the main aspects I think needs improving in Master League is the matchmaking process.

I've come up against some super teams this afternoon (with Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, Cech, Alonso, Gerrard in one team) and I pretty much have a team of basic ML players with a few average players thrown in. Yet I keep being matched with these. Fair enough I've won a few matches and my WLD ratio is quite good, but this is ridiculous. With the lag and everything, they just stroll through me and the high pressure is ridiculous. Yet in the next match I'm up against someone my level.

How is it possible for them to aquire a team like this so fast Matt ? They must be cheating somewhere ? Coach Competitions ?

The beauty for me of the ML has always been finding lesser known players, or creating your stars. Suarez and Baptista are easily the best players and most famous players I'd look to buy.

I suppose these are the exact issues we are testing for.

Matchmaking needs resolving. Check.

Last edited:
My best tactic against these super teams is to invest in a good defense if your team isn't so great. I have Diego Alves in goal, Ivanovic at RB, Liebermann+ Ciani, and Bouma at LB from Aston Villa (West midlands city?)

I read a few pages back that you can disconnect while in the middle of a cup match, and you'll get prize money when you log on again.

Which Baptista is this Jimmy?

Last edited:
I guess it's just because they play competitions constantly. I played about 6 matches in the qualifying round and lost every one to these super teams yet I still had £500,000 awarded at the end of every match. I guess it would only cost 30mil to get a team as strong as this?

Yeah definitely, I loved building crap players up aswell, targeting certain areas for improvement. In the MLO BETA I've really enjoyed playing with my average signings, Adam was very effective for me and an ageing Kevin Phillips has notched a number of goals. I then brought in Giggs for a bit of pace. However, playing against teams like this ruins the build up play. I can't keep the ball for longer than a few passes and I can't slow the game down to be effective down the wings or by incisive runs. Online ML is ruined if this is what it's going to be like. Offline ML will be my mode of choice I'm afraid, at least that's on a level playing field.

It's been along time but it had to happen. 2 goalkeeping frustrations:RANT:

1. My 6yd box the ball drops for him to pick it up but decides to kick it straight into my defender to score a og(the softest i must add)

2. When pressing :triangle: so he can come out and gobble up a loose ball he slides in on it with his feet and misses it!! WTF Their player greedily picks it up squares in and bang goal for them!!

Though it was nice to see that the advancing striker wasn't runnung into a force 10 gale when the keeper was coming out to collect the ball as was a failing of old PES's.

But all in all looking promising so far but BAL is my mode i enjoy and im looking forward too:COOL:

I really wished they had made it possible for ML online teams to only buy one of a certain player. If someone was lucky enough to buy a Messi/Rooney/Titus Bramble then no other teams can have them and if you wanted them then you had to negotiate with the respective player who owns them.

This would have greatly added to the realism i feel.

Yeah definitely, I loved building crap players up aswell, targeting certain areas for improvement. I've really enjoyed playing with my average signings.

This is my like. I love buying solid squad players Klasnic, Matty Davis, etc Beckham was my exception as he was a steal at the price and using them to full effect as they cost nothing and you can have a team built up who are good fairly quickly. Also it's enjoyable watching the workmen take down the superstars:SMUG:

I really wished they had made it possible for ML online teams to only buy one of a certain player. If someone was lucky enough to buy a Messi/Rooney/Titus Bramble then no other teams can have them and if you wanted them then you had to negotiate with the respective player who owns them.

This would have greatly added to the realism i feel.

are you kidding me, if I would acquire Ronaldo, I would never ever sell him

it wouldn't make sense to have players exclusive to 1player

My best tactic against these super teams is to invest in a good defense if your team isn't so great. I have Diego Alves in goal, Ivanovic at RB, Liebermann+ Ciani, and Bouma at LB from Aston Villa (West midlands city?)

I read a few pages back that you can disconnect while in the middle of a cup match, and you'll get prize money when you log on again.

Which Baptista is this Jimmy?

Julio Baptista, he is a beast. Your defensive tactic is the one TC, top defenders will stop top attackers, I have no worries on that score.

Or, what they could do is make it harder for people to sign players by adding conditions. I.e. Messi shouldn't just be able to go to any club, it should fit with his style of play, success, similar players at the club, or whether in fact he wants to move club or not (like the heart rating in previous PESs).

Then you can approach others who've already signed that particular player and if those conditions are met and the owner wants to sell them - bingo. Make an offer. This would also work if the seller doesn't want to sell but you still meet all the conditions and Messi is happy to move. Therefore, if Messi get's the right offer and wants to go and you refuse to sell him as owner of the club, you should be penalised i.e. he could refuse to play, or have a rubbish condition marker, making him less effective for you.

I think buyers and sellers should work equally hard to buy/keep players. It shouldn't be that once you've bought Ronaldo or Messi you have them indefinitely.

Last edited:

Assuming other kids wanted to buy him. But the fun is having a different team and building up a different team to others. It would be interesting to see who eventially had bought who and how everyone compared.

Not everyone is going to have 11 superstars as people wouldn't sell unless its for silly money.

It would just seem more real.

Well and when you have all those superstars in your team, eventually you will even loose money when playing matches or even at tournaments cause you have to pay a lot of entrance cause of your mega superstar team. you wont make profit.

I like the idea about Messi not joining crap teams. I did hope before Seabass revealed how this works, that the great players would only come when you hit certain milestones... like having an overall team rating of 90.

£500,000 even when losing seems ridiculously high. Why is it so large just for a competition?

Does not make sense to see matches with the same players in both sides. It is completely non-sense...

This MLO idea is a good one but need a lot of work...

I like the idea about Messi not joining crap teams. I did hope before Seabass revealed how this works, that the great players would only come when you hit certain milestones... like having an overall team rating of 90.

£500,000 even when losing seems ridiculously high. Why is it so large just for a competition?

My guess is that it was high because he was high up in the rankings, so even losing to him was a bonus. In the end I played him 4 times and just waited for the games to end. I wasn't bothered about whether I got through the qualifiers or not the 2Mil pay off was fine for me - it went towards buying Giggs :SMUG:.

I imagine the value of players will be tweaked before release, after all this is what the betas for.

However the lag and goalkeeping bugs I'm less optimistic about. After 3 years of failing to address either, they ain't likely to sort it before release are they? Hmmm

My guess is that it was high because he was high up in the rankings, so even losing to him was a bonus. In the end I played him 4 times and just waited for the games to end. I wasn't bothered about whether I got through the qualifiers or not the 2Mil pay off was fine for me - it went towards buying Giggs :SMUG:.

I bet that gets abused a lot then if its the same in the final game with people just joining tournaments to lose to get easy fast money.

I imagine the value of players will be tweaked before release, after all this is what the betas for.

However the lag and goalkeeping bugs I'm less optimistic about. After 3 years of failing to address either, they ain't likely to sort it before release are they? Hmmm

It has already been mentioned that the preview code had much better GKs and they were fixed. We'll need to play the demo to see the truth.

On the MLO format, think they should add team and player reputation like the one that was available in PES 2009 ML offline. Personally thought that was a great idea. And to gain A or super status to lure top players should take quite a while.

Even if this code was bug ridden but it was good they decided to share it with the community so now we can give them all this feedback they need.

lads from going through the edit kits and team names etc in the beta i think that we will be able to have licenced prem league teams kits and spanish teams kits in MLO,it looks like if you have a pes2011 option file you will be able to upload your correct team kits if you have them on your option file,it wont infringe on licencing laws as you start MLO with the default players

Jimmy - summer holidays. We're earning real benjamins while they're raking in the fake stuff.

Through to the knockout stages in coach mode. Tried a frantic purchase of a decent winger but no joy - you're frozen out o transfers until knocked out.

Any recommendations for the wing at 4 million? Or a striker for the same?

Does anyone know how high the player prices go when people are frozen out of transfers? I want to see the best players costing 20million or so really. Not sure how much Ronaldo is by default though - maybe 25-30 mill. It could well be that they already have this in mind but have scaled it down for our benefit.

Guys this isn't Master League. The master league I know is a game mode where you buy a good few youngsters mix it up with a few solid timers get the teamwork up and try to win trophies through tactical guile, grooming youngsters and cunning negotiations.

Not buy every superstar in the game play with 5 defenders 2 midfielders and 3 strikers and sprint around like headless chickens.

They should change the name to Juvenile League Online.

All the automatic clearances, tackles, goal kicks and the needless flicks have to go.

It's bloody annoying when my GK has the ball, I'm waiting for my winger (for example) to move into position only for said GK to automatically kick the ball down the middle of the pitch (always down the middle) because he is bored.

Isn't that deliberate though as your keeper has held onto the ball for too long?

That looked terrible... the keeper just basically ignored the ball after he'd dived, even when he stood up and just arsed it into his own nets

A lot of the time I'm forced to hold onto the ball for a little longer because the opponents always press the ball.

In FIFA I can hold the ball and wait for someone to get into space, the automatic kick is their but it takes a long time before it kicks in.

I love to balance games...and if they don't change somethings this truly epic mode won't last that long :(

please somebody of the mlo testers contact konami and tell them to change the mlo:

1. You can hire a player only with a contract for 20 games - after that the player is gone (you can rehire him anytime)
    >> You still need to get money and buy new players to be able to have a good team after the contract period. It stops the game from ending when you have your dream team. Also there won't be a race for the best players at the beginning. So people playing more often than others aren't prefered.
  2. player value increases by 1% when a person buys a player
    >> it is 1% so ca.100 teams can buy the player until the prices are doubled. It will prevent people from always buying the top stars/same players. Soon their prices will be so high that nobody can afford them anymore.
    >> you need to buy other players!
    >> No same teams!
  3. player value decreases by 0.4% when a contract duration is over
    >> Player is on the market again. It is NOT decreased by 1% because the prices wouldn't increase continously (+1% when buying and than -1%when gone = 0% which would destroy the increasing and as a result the balancing)
  4. player value also decrease by 0.0025%( so after the 20 games it is 0.05%) every game played / every day(?)
    >> Soon if nobody can afford the top stars their prices must decrease.

>> These changes prevent that people who spent more time playing have advantages. So not the one with 200 games played and only 60 wins (30% wins) has the better team but the one who only played 100 games with 40wins (40%). For these changes to be most effective there need to be some others changes:

1. No fees for playing games
    >> Fees aren't needed in this system which makes it more easier for the pes players
  2. Constant winning/tie/losing money
    >> the constant money gaining is important to reduce the %factor used above
  3. Winning/tie/losing against better pes players / teams gives you more money. Winning/tie/losing against weaker pes players / teams gives you less money
    >> There must be a formula including skill of the player in terms of percentage of winned games out of total games and the team overall rating. I give it a try:
    [(
    EnemyWin% - YourWin%)/100]+[(EnemyOverallRating-YourOverallRating)/100]*constant winning/tie/losing amount
    >> Example: My Win % = 60%; Enemy Win% = 80%; My Overall: 78; His Overall 82
    >>> I get Bonus factor of: 0.24 (24% more money) and he will get a malus factor of: -0.24 (-24% money)

>> All these changes together prevent people beeing on top ranking from having the best teams all the time. And so they will most likely stay on their ranking normaly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom