PES 2011 Master League Online beta Feedback thread

I agree that playing higher quality teams should give you more gate receipt, definitely. If they're better than you anyway.

I just drew agains someone with a higher rating than me, and got rated down as if I'd lost. Eh?

it wouldn't make sense to have players exclusive to 1player

Does not make sense to see matches with the same players in both sides. It is completely non-sense...

This MLO idea is a good one but need a lot of work...

Not an easy dilemma

Possible problems with players tied to 1 gamer:

1. Only a limited number of gamers could participate in MLO. OF's in PES aren't endless wells of players. Each team has to have at least 16 players, so sooner or later, as a newcomer to the mode, you'd run out of available players.

2. Goes along with problem nr. 1 - after a while, when all the best, decent and semi decent players are bought, newcomers could only buy the remaining garbage. That could be avoided with Thypari's suggestions, but problem nr. 1 still remains.

By the looks of it, entire MLO seems to be just one huge public realm, with all the gamers (right now, just beta testers). To avoid problem nr. 1 with "1 player in 1 team" rule in place, MLO would have to be divided into multiple realms. Each realm has identical player database and is separated from other realms. Within one realm 1 player belongs to 1 team. That should do it for the public MLO. And the same principle could be extended to allow private MLO's.

If you like my post please send it to konami :> as a feedback for mlo :)

I also need some help from the mlo testers out there...(i have neither a ps3 nor a xbox360 :( )

How exactly does the MLO work in terms of money?
On which possibilities money is added to your account and on which ones money is reduced from your account.
And I need the amount of money.
How much costs the best rated player / the badest rated player?
What is the amount of your fee and your overall rating?​

somebody can help me with that?

Last edited:
Thypari's suggestions sound perfect, but will never be implemented simply because of the casual gamer factor. A large portion don't want to slowly build their team, find rare gems and select players that suit their style. They just a dreamteam and bragging rights of a high wins record, and ultimately this is who Konami will most likely cater for.

But at least with a Private MLO system we'd be able to regulate our own rules on players without needing Konami's intervention.

Does the word beta not mean anything to you testers. clearly pes has improved since the beta.

Oh lord don't start that. Clearly it will have improved, but lets not kid ourselves that it'll be a completely different game. If people don't like the overall feel of the beta, chances are they won't like the final build.

I just had the craziest bug. I tripped over the leg of my teammate, and it got called as a foul! I got a free kick! No one in the other team was even close!

Thypari's suggestions sound perfect, but will never be implemented simply because of the casual gamer factor. A large portion don't want to slowly build their team, find rare gems and select players that suit their style. They just a dreamteam and bragging rights of a high wins record, and ultimately this is who Konami will most likely cater for.

But at least with a Private MLO system we'd be able to regulate our own rules on players without needing Konami's intervention.

Oh lord don't start that. Clearly it will have improved, but lets not kid ourselves that it'll be a completely different game. If people don't like the overall feel of the beta, chances are they won't like the final build.

Thats aload of toss for starters mate. The preview code is streets ahead of the beta. My eyes tell me so. And everybody else's do.

from looking at the MLO video part at gamescom i think we will be able to play 2vs2 in MLO

YouTube - PES 2011 gamescom - Trailer [HD] *brandnew*

from 3:05 onwards

Will be great if we can play co-op Online ML , even more that 2 vs 2 , but i can't see this from video :) Or i miss something ?

And yeah , @Thypari feat very good point .
What happens with all this feedback?
What benefit will bring it?
This whole issue will go to konami or just you do it for our pleasure?
I read here some very good recommendations and observations , will be very bad if not lead to anything substantial, and this entire test will be meaningless.

Last edited:

Solution:
All who wants to play with a dream team: give them a create your dreamteam mode...
All others who want to enjoy a good MLO just let them enjoy this mode

Does anyone know what times the tournaments start? I know that there are tournaments between 9:00 and 11:00 GMT, but I'm wondering if anyone has participated in tourneys at other times of the day.

I just had the craziest bug. I tripped over the leg of my teammate, and it got called as a foul! I got a free kick! No one in the other team was even close!

:LOL:

That happened to me, it was crazy, I conceded a free-kick off it at the edge of my box as well. :CONFUSE:

On a different note, played another couple or games last night and had lag for the first time. Not button lag thankfully, just odd slowdown now and then. Is this because there are probably alot more people on the servers than they should be due to the code share ?

Anway, the level of football that can be played out, even with this rough version is stunning at times. Being able to appreciate my opponent's play is something I really, really like. It totally suits a celebral player.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I beefed up my backline strategy and bought Henrique at CB alongside Baumann then I bought Ponzio as a DMF and pulled my wing closer ro the action. I played a competition fixture against a guy that has half of the barcelona squad Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Villa and Chygrinsky and a few other decent players. I beat his ass by chocking his attack and once he lost faith in his frontline. I hammered his defence with possession play outside his box. Lol you can feel the panic when you walk around the edge and pass rather than sprint and trying to dribble through people. The noobs tend to run out with their defenders and it's tickets.

This game punishes you if you defend like PES of old. You have to position, jockey and pounce. I'm sure the people coming up against me must think El Moubarki, Valeny and the entire backline for that matter are on steroids....what a game.

They explicitly say even that we aren't meant to be commenting on the gameplay but just the MLO framework. Given that they seemed to change it on Wednesday (more frequent competitions, different times, able to play a game after 40 minutes of the comp starting) I think there will be more tweaks during the beta accordingly.

I have just taken delivery of my I-Phone4, and with a HD video and one-touch Youtube button, I'll be uploading anything I feel is worth a nosey. :)

Anyone else having bad lag today?

I sould have quit the game to be fair but just been beaten 8-0 and whenever the ball was in the centre it was fine, but the final thirds it became unplayable, he was just walking in a straight line through me, I kept on because I thought the servers were about to go but they didn't.

Had another couple of decent matches after that with minimal lag but the game after that I was 2-0 up with no lag whatsoever then from kick off it timed out, I don't think the guy quit on me as well.

Shame as this is the first bad day I have had on the game with the network but I don't usually play at this time.

Online Master League - Improvements (reworked to a perfect mlo!)

I am putting this in here :D so I can find it more easily and edit things I come up with ^^.
If somebody has suggestions plz tell me :>

When there aren't any changes in the current MLO it won't last long...that would definitly be a pity. That's why I spent the whole last night creating a balanced and fun to play new MLO system. It isn't 100% perfect because I don't have the numbers of players, games played, players' starting prices, and so on...but I gave it a try ;)

Changelog:
31.08.2010: Added: Minimum prices and player buy restriction
21.08.2010: Worked on a whole MLO system...alpha version released :>

The transfer system:
  1. You can hire a player only with a contract for 20 games - after that the player is gone (you can rehire him anytime)
    >> You still need to get money and buy new players to be able to have a good team after the contract period. It stops the game from ending when you have your dream team. Also there won't be a race for the best players at the beginning. So people who are able to buy a player first because they played more often aren't prefered to pes players who can't spent that much time playing.
  2. players can be sold in the 20 games duration. You get the current price - 5% for each day used.
    >> Example: You buy Messi for 50mio. You play 6 games with him. The price for him is now 80mio. You can sell him for 80mio - 6*0.05*80mio = 56mio.
    >> with that way you can easily buy players, use them for some games and still be able to make profit! Also selling and buying becomes much more strategic.There will also be a new pes player who is only watching the market and buy and sell players without playing games at all.
  3. player value increases by 1% when a person buys a player
    >> it is 1% so ca.100 teams can buy the player until the prices are doubled. It will prevent people from always buying the top stars/same players. Soon their prices will be so high that nobody can afford them anymore.
    >> you need to buy other players!
    >> No same teams!
  4. player value decreases by 0.4% when a contract duration is over/or he is sold
    >> Player is on the market again. It is NOT decreased by 1% because the prices wouldn't increase continously (+1% when buying and than -1%when gone = 0% which would destroy the increasing and as a result the balancing)
  5. player value also decreases by 0.01% every game played ( so after 10000 games played on the server the prices for the players are reduced by 100%)
    >> Soon if nobody can afford the top stars their prices must decrease. There is a constant change in the prices. Maybe it will be worth to look for the same player after only 1 match played in between.
  6. players have a minimum price once reached it can't drop further
    >> the system prevents that players' prices will fall to too cheap automatically. To be 100% sure a minimum price for each player is introduced.
  7. player buy restriction: You can only sign players with a maximum player rating of 15% better than your overall team rating
    >>
    Good players like Messi and Ronaldo wouldn't join a bad team (more realistic). It is much harder to get good players and there aren't some wierd teams with 10 standard players and 1 superstar. (smoother gameplay).

>> These changes prevent that people who spent more time playing have advantages. So not the one with 200 games played and only 60 wins (30% wins) has the better team but the one who only played 100 games with 40wins (40%). For these changes to be most effective there need to be some others changes:

1. No fees for playing games
    >> Fees aren't needed in this system which makes it more easier for the pes players
  2. Constant winning/tie/losing money
    >> the constant money gaining is important to reduce the %factor used above
  3. Winning/tie/losing against better pes players / teams gives you more money. Winning/tie/losing against weaker pes players / teams gives you less money
    >> There must be a formula including skill of the player in terms of percentage of winned games out of total games and the team overall rating. I give it a try:
    [(
    EnemyWin% - YourWin%)/100]+[(EnemyOverallRating-YourOverallRating)/100]*constant winning/tie/losing amount
    >> Example: My Win % = 60%; Enemy Win% = 80%; My Overall: 78; His Overall 82
    >>> I get Bonus factor of: 0.24 (24% more money) and he will get a malus factor of: -0.24 (-24% money)

>> All these changes together prevent people beeing on top ranking from having the best teams all the time. And so they will most likely stay on their ranking normaly.

Changes to the league structure:

The league system is based on 3 factors:

1. How many games have you played
  2. How much percentage of games did you win according to all games played (games_winned / games_total = games_winned%)
  3. Your current team overall rating

1. How many games have you played
>> determines in which league you play
  • D5 contains players with 49 or less games played
  • D4 contains players with 50-99 played games
  • D3 contains players with 100-499 games played
  • D2 contains players with 500-1000 games played
  • D1 contains players with more than 1000 games played
>> Example: You played 136 games. You are in league D3.

2. How much percentage of games did you win according to all games played

>> determines your current ranking in that ladder

• ladders are sorted by the games_winned%. So the pes players who won most of their games are on top not the one who just played most games.
  • There can be 2 pes players have the same games_winned% but are in different leagues. Both can have 80% wins but one in D4 and one in D2. So D2 player is more constant and so the better player. This is shown by the league.
>> Example: You played 136 games and you have games_winned% of 91%. You will be at the top rankings in league D3.

3. Your current team overall rating
>> this comes into action with the MATCH MAKING system. It is based on your current ranking, your games_winned% and your team overall rating: There will be 3 possibilities to find an opponent; priority decreasing:

• your current ranking: You play against pes players with the same ranking +-15% of total pes players in this league.
  • your games_winned%: You play against pes players with the same games_winned% +-15% of your games_winned%.
  • your team overall rating: You play against pes players with the same team overall rating +-15%.
>> Example:
You are in league D3(total of 150pes players in this league) on ranking 28 with a games_winned% of 72% and a team with a overall rating of 81.

according to your current ranking: 28+-(150*0.15) = 5.5 to 50.5
>> you will be playing against players on ranking 6-51 in your league!

according to your games_winned%: 72%+-(72%*0.15) = 61.2 to 82.8
>> you will be playing against players with games_winned% between 61.2 to 82.8 in all 5 leagues!

according to your team overall rating: 81+-(81*0.15) = 68.85 to 93.15
>> you will be playing against teams with rating between 69 and 93 in all 5 leagues!

>> With this unique league system players are ranked correctly by their skill. The Match Making function will always find the right players for you! Either near your ranking, with the same skill level or with an equal team.

How to gain money / how much money do you gain:

• Buy and sell players at the right times
  • playing matches
  • playing in competitions

1. Buy and sell players at the right times

>> if you have good prediction skills you can make great money with only buying and selling in the right time.

>> Example: You buy Özil for 6mio. You don't play a match. More people buy Özil. His price is 8mio now. You can sell him for the full 8mio cause you haven't played a single match.

2. playing matches
>> you will always gain money even if you lose or tie with sb.

• win: you get 7% of your current team value +- extra money
  • tie: you get 3% of your current team value +- extra money
  • lose: you get 1% of your current team value +- extra money
  • extra money: based on:
    [(EnemyWin% - YourWin%)/100]+[(EnemyTeamOverallRating-YourTeamOverallRating)/100]*winning/tie/losing amount
>> Example:
YOU: Team value: 2.5mio | games_winned% = 67% | team overall rating: 81
OPPONENT: Team value: 3.2mio | games_winned% = 83% | team overall rating: 87

You win:
YOU: 0.175mio + (0.175*+0.22) = 0.2135mio
OPPONENT: 0.032mio - (0.032*0.22) = 0.02496mio

tie:
YOU: 0.075mio + (0.075*+0.22) = 0.0915mio
OPPONENT: 0.096mio - (0.096*0.22) = 0.07488mio

You lose:
YOU: 0.025mio + (0.025*+0.22) = 0.0305mio
OPPONENT: 0.224mio - (0.224*0.22) = 0.17472mio

3. playing competitions
>> you get the same amount of money like in normal matches (see 2.). In addition you get more money the more matches you can play.

• The same formula is used as in 2 with an addition:
    you get 1/3/7% of your current team value +- extra money + match_faktor
  • match faktor: For every match you get an additional bonus of 10% of your win/tie/lose money(5th match = 50%).
>> Example:
Same conditions as in the example before but with 1 change: it is your 3rd match in the competition:

You win:
0.2135mio + 0.2135*0.3 = 0.27755mio

>> Very well balanced system. Let's say: Every 20 games you have to buy 11 new players because of the 20 games contract. So you need 13wins, 1 tie and 6 loses to get 100% of your team value. So if you have played like this you have managed to rehire the same players again after their contracts are expired. If you did better you can even buy better players. If you even managed to increase your money with good transfers you can even buy much better players now!

Last edited:
Anyone else having bad lag today?

I sould have quit the game to be fair but just been beaten 8-0 and whenever the ball was in the centre it was fine, but the final thirds it became unplayable, he was just walking in a straight line through me, I kept on because I thought the servers were about to go but they didn't.

Had another couple of decent matches after that with minimal lag but the game after that I was 2-0 up with no lag whatsoever then from kick off it timed out, I don't think the guy quit on me as well.

Shame as this is the first bad day I have had on the game with the network but I don't usually play at this time.

Yeah, a bit more lag today than usual. It made dribbling pretty hard, and cost me a few goals which was pretty infuriating.

Add to that, some people have bought better players and the sprint whores have made a return.

One really annoying gameplay feature of the MLO is the goal kicks. 95% of people run up to the only defender you can pass to. The game feels so rigid on the goalkicks, and seeing that on every goal kick gets old really fast.

One really annoying gameplay feature of the MLO is the goal kicks. 95% of people run up to the only defender you can pass to. The game feels so rigid on the goalkicks, and seeing that on every goal kick gets old really fast.

Yep, that bugs the crap out of me too, forcing you to hoof it upfield.

that defender back on the line bug for that 2nd goal

Yep :CURSE:

bugxo.png

Adam didn't lie this time around - PES IS BACK!

Well, even a broken clock is right twice a day.;)

OK, one of the main aspects I think needs improving in Master League is the matchmaking process.

I've come up against some super teams this afternoon (with Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, Cech, Alonso, Gerrard in one team) and I pretty much have a team of basic ML players with a few average players thrown in. Yet I keep being matched with these. Fair enough I've won a few matches and my WLD ratio is quite good, but this is ridiculous. With the lag and everything, they just stroll through me and the high pressure is ridiculous. Yet in the next match I'm up against someone my level.

I agree, matchmaking needs work and could be a mode-breaker if not. I was matched-up with a D4 player yesterday with a very strong team against my team which has six default players, and the five players I have signed are all less than £1.4m. I held my own and lost 3-2 but the mismatch in the quality of both squads was considerable.

I've also come up against a few sprint whores who've signed 3 or 4 quick players and just run at you the whole game and look for cutbacks. It's quite an effective tactic, which is a shame. One guy had Obinna and Agbonlahor giving my default back line grief and I got dicked-on.

Back
Top Bottom